Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What is your main language?

im interested in learning what language people mainly speak whats yours?

• Ich bin neugierig, was ist deine primäre Sprache?

• Tengo curiosidad, ¿cuál es su idioma principal?

• Je suis curieux, quelle est votre langue principale?

• Мне любопытно, каков ваш основной язык?

• Ciekawe, jaki jest twój podstawowy język?

• Ik ben nieuwsgierig, wat is jouw primaire taal?

• Estou curioso, qual é o seu idioma principal?

Comments

• Sorry forgot a few main language's like a newb :cry:

• I'm also fluent in weeb.
  • English, however as many can attest, Google is my friend and I do Moderate in multiple languages currently.

1. Например, русский
    2. Wie deutsch
    3. Incluso español
    4. Un peu de français
  • English, 

my attempts at Spanish seem doomed to fail.
  • I also speak memes and puns.
  • Goddammit Shun, you forgot the most important one... Danish :smile:
  • Goddammit Shun, you forgot the most important one... Danish :smile:
    Undskyldninger, vi synes at være løbet tør for plads til yderligere muligheder.
  • Belewyn said:
    Goddammit Shun, you forgot the most important one... Danish :smile:
    Undskyldninger, vi synes at være løbet tør for plads til yderligere muligheder.
    At least you tried
  • You also forgot Swedish!! Though, most of us here do speak English daily so :P
  • I'm fluent in both salt and memes.
  • No Elvish? Smh. :'(
  • Cyn said:
    No Elvish? Smh. :'(

Which dialect?
  • I'm probably more fluent in C++ though  B)
  • Croatian
  • Deja Vu poll!
  • I can do Noob :D
  • Belewyn said:
    Cyn said:

Which dialect?
    Sindarin!
  • American English
  • Yep I'm a frenchie
  • Cyn said:
    Belewyn said:
    Cyn said:

Which dialect?
    Sindarin!

For that we should most definitely accommodate
  • Dutchies unite!
  • Croatian.

-- Though I speak English fluently.

I don't like specific languages being always placed in front of others, but i get that this is reality, some languages are just spoken more than other ones.

What really gets me though, is when games are released, some nations get advantage over others, for example game is released and devs want to have a staged opening, so too many people logging in at once do not crash the servers.

Then devs use the method of IP blocking, and first allow IPs from specific countries, then IPs from next batch of countries etc.

And it's always the same countries that get prioritized, Germany, France, etc.
    This is borderline discrimination based on nationality and perhaps borderline illegal.

I say borderline because courts likely do not deal with this, but it should in all aspects be illegal if it was up to me.

I hope Ashes will not use such methods, and will opt to treat all players equally.

<3

(if staged access method is needed to prevent server crash, then it should be done in some other way (RANDOM) and not based on nationality and give fixed priority to certain nationalities).
  • Though I would say that math was my first language
  • Though I would say that meth was my first language
    You misspelled. I fixed it for you.  B)
  • I'm more surprised that theres French people on here. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    sorry for my English (je ne parle pas vraiment bien et encore moins à l'écris)

• Sadly, I'm one of those mono-linguists. Have a desire to learn more, and can curse in a few ... but I don't think that counts, now does it?
  • Gothix said:
    What really gets me though, is when games are released, some nations get advantage over others, for example game is released and devs want to have a staged opening, so too many people logging in at once do not crash the servers.

Then devs use the method of IP blocking, and first allow IPs from specific countries, then IPs from next batch of countries etc.

And it's always the same countries that get prioritized, Germany, France, etc.
    This is borderline discrimination based on nationality and perhaps borderline illegal.
    Isn't this because the game servers are usually located in those countries?

Users which are local to the server will have the best ping and put less load on the systems. The server can take on users who are further away as the demand and strain on the systems decreases.

I think choosing just random locations out of a hat although fair, is impractical from a technical perspective.
  • Fanzhon said:
    I'm also fluent in weeb.
    Sugoi!
  • Gothix said:
    Though I would say that meth was my first language
    You misspelled. I fixed it for you.  B)

Well no not really never had any experience with meth.. but I've also never looked at it like a language can't say it one I'd want to learn either