Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashenguard-Lead through Ideas, Creativity, and by One Another [Democratic-No "GM"][Worldwide]

Comments

• Options
    Update: We're getting close to our election day!!! So hyped to see what name we choose :D
  • Options
    Sounds like a nice guild  :)
  • Options

Really glad I joined forces with you all!  Thanks for the invite and lets travel this Hype Train together!

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Glad to have you on board @Draedin !!!

Thanks @nagash!
  • Options
    Hey guys, I figured I should drop in and let and curious readers know that this guild is wonderful, constant open discussions on really any topic, we have tons of active people (including myself). I've been with this guild for a while now, and I have to say it's been great.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Update: We have a name now. I hereby introduce you to our guild The Ashenguard.
    I'm glad so many people joined us even with no name and helped us sculpt this community into what it is. You guys are all awesome.
  • Options
    As their newest member I promise to be nothing but cold gas.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Thanks you all :) you guys are great 
  • Options
    you are a EU guild or NA guild I just want to know as I have some question I need to put to you guys
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @nagash short answer is ... Both.
  • Options
    That's great news ^^
  • Options
    @nagash any other questions? Are you tempted to visit us? xD *hugs skelebob*
  • Options
    Not quite but I will like to book a meeting at some point if at all possible
  • Options
    Sure if you want to hold one, by all means, feel free to message a few of us. I will be working for the better part of next week unfortunately :/
  • Options
    Hey, you all it looks like now we are able to have a full blown signature again. Does not look like I can link text in it yet.
  • Options
    @nagash where you ever able to make contact with anyone with the booking?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Update: We are now going to have weekly meetings/debates/discussions to discuss as a group whatever you feel is important. ie. what games we should play, what progress we should make, fleshing out our "how we handle different types of conflict".

People are taking it upon themselves to decide what things they feel we as a guild should focus on. 

Catch us on Wednesday's (currently always subject to change as we gather what times currently work best for us!)

Thanks for giving us a read :)

P.S. Glad to see people taking interest in us. We're surviving due to the awesome thinkers/innovators/"who want to be first in a unique guild" and we are closer due to our differences/disagreements. We're thriving on change.
  • Options
    Ashenguard is at the Guild Fair! :smile: Feel free to join us on either the EU or NA channel and ask your questions or hop on our Discord to see how we operate. Hope to see you around!
  • Options
    I am quite interested. 
    I'd hoped  that an italian community would form but it has yet to happen. I do not wish to engage in guild leading or similar, it would become more a work than an enjoyment. I am more casual the more time passes and, frankly, I have neither the PvP experience to be competitive, neither the time to do so. 

Maybe it's aging, but I am settling to a mentality like: if I can help, I'll help, whatever the rest.

The only perplexyty is wether this very democratic system would work with high numbers, discussions would take forever to let all participate. I hope ther's a plan about how to organize and schedule discussion efficiently if that happens.

What's left is my character background, which is a little bit evil..,ish. From my perspective it's easy, I may claim to be in temporary need of help so I decided to join out of pragmatism end exploitation. From the perspective of the guild... I don't know what the guild's background is!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @ruairidh Thank you for your interest! You would not be the only Italian in our guild :)

sorry been very busy all day working on my end!

Discussions exist in part to sort of let everyone know where they stand. In general, these discussions do not take forever because we all kinda have the same mindset. There has not been a disagreement where we couldn't find a compromise the moment of. Besides, if you do not want to actually participate in everything you do not have to but it's highly encouraged to let your voice know. In the end, people likely still cast their vote.

They also exist to come up with solutions where everyone is in general agreement with those solutions this helps us when we actually vote there are very few if any "no" and a lot more "yes". We are fleshing out and currently designing "guidelines" to ensure we have different ways to handle an issue.

I have also been suggested if we do get big enough we could "vote" for someone who can speak for us. Say a representative for the crafters who have their own unique point of view, a representative for the pvp'ers who have their own unique point of view, so on so fourth.

In other words, the solutions we come up with are reasonable and logical and are always in line with why we joined in the first place so it's hard to actually make a decision as a guild that doesn't fit "right" inside. If that makes sense.

This allows people to do what they want to do if they want to lead with their idea's they can do so if they want to just be a part of it all and be friends you can do that too and leave those who have different interest do their thing :) cause that's what it's all about.

Do you mean our lore? When talking about our background? Well, we have everything from the real sort of paladin like players who want to help others to those who specialize in the sort of "controversial" in a way that the way they accomplish the mission might be "controversial" but it's with the "best" intentions for the guild. It's up to you to do what you want. 

• Options
    edited June 2017
    how does the joining process work? Do I have to swear an oath? Jump into a ring of fire? Fight grizzlies bare-handed? Maybe bear-handed?
  • Options
    Hello all,  It is very early for me to commit to a guild but you guys look great.  Enjoyed your guild fair plug.  I might lurk in your discord channel from time to time if that would be agreeable?  Also the best named guild I have seen so far.
    PS medically need a .png of your logo it is awesome.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @ruairidh The procees is simple. You join our discord (you can also join if you're still hesitating or if you seek an ally) spend some time there, usually at least 2-3 days and depending on how active you are we will give you full access after that time is up. We also have a website for the guild that you can sign up to if you want.

@PJ_Rydecker You can totally just lurk on the discord and see how we do things around here. I'll pass on the compliment to the guy who came up with the name :) As for the picture did you mean the signature he used?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Peroin said:

@PJ_Rydecker You can totally just lurk on the discord and see how we do things around here. I'll pass on the compliment to the guy who came up with the name :) As for the picture did you mean the signature he used?
    Hello and thank you.  I was refering to the watermark esq coat of arms in the middle of his signiture.  If he has a .pgn of that I would love to incorperate it into my sig too :)
  • Options
    Oh yea totally. I think I can find it somewhere on Discord and PM it to you.
  • Options
    Peroin said:
    Oh yea totally. I think I can find it somewhere on Discord and PM it to you.
    That would be awesome thank you very much :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    xexeb said:
    This is a guild that upholds itself to its words. Listen carefully...
    Thank you for the support :) You guys are awesome too!

@PJ_Rydecker Thank you for your kind words the Coat of Arms you speak of is actually one side of our guild coin we plan to actually take to minter! Poem knows one who can send us one :)
  • Options

Just wanted to drop buy and congratulate you on the interview yesterday @Valenores. @Diura and yourself should be proud of the way you dealt with some tricky questions and represented your guild very well.

Gratz on the guild sig. ;) 

• Options
    Great presentation! Glad to have you around this community. 

And I say that as one of the most universally loved childhood folk heros known to human kind.
  • Options
    Always enjoy hanging out w/ the ASG folks.  :)