Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Meet and Greet the Community!

HeyHo Communtiy! Hope you're all having a great day!

I really miss the "Newly Arrived" thread and greeting our wonderful community! I guess we are getting it back at some point - but- I'm seeing new folk on the activity page but not many greeting posts!

Whether you're new or old to the forums please come introduce yourself here! 

Ashes of Creation is all about the community so it would be great to know you all more!
How did you find out about Ashes and what do you look forward to most?

I'll start :3

My name is Diura and I'm from Scotland :D I saw an ad for Ashes on fb and clicked on it on a whim and boy - Im glad I did xD I'm super excited for meaningful gameplay. You see I work full time and sometimes it's difficult to play games as much as I used too :( if I can log on for atleast half an hour a day and know it's going to have meaning to me, my guild and my community I'll be super happy! I also have two pet red eyed tree frogs and they are awesome :3  

Comments

• Options
    Hello from the UK

My main focus in MMOs is always crafting/gathering/economy. I do love to PVP and although I'm no pro PVPer with a bit of practice and some quality loadout/skilltree advice from the pros, I usually become at least competent. PVE well I do love a bit of exploration and NPC bashing.
    I was reasonably late to the party when it comes to MMOs with SWG being my 1st and still my favourite. The crafting and resource gathering system in that game has not and probably will never be bettered or even equaled to be honest. Followed inevitably by SWTOR then GW2, FFXIV, Repopulation and currently Archeage.
    Here's hoping that this will be the game that reignites (is that even a word) my enthusiasum for MMOs which in the most part has been diminishing ever since SWG. It's a good job I have a strange addiction to leveling Alts, otherwise I would have to have found a more energetic hobby by now lol.

Well that's me. Good to meet you all and I look forward to following this game and its development.
    PS. I apologise for the poor spellling and grammer. I am too lazy to proof read. :(
  • Options
    Hiya!  My name is Virtek, and I'm an Asheholic...

The node system and class systems are the features I'm *most* looking forward to, but the rest of the everything is a close second.    :D
    I hail from the USA, near Philadelphia.   I'm a goof when I warm up to someone,  but tend to be a bit shy at first.  My curiousity won't let me rest until I know the answer to something.  It's almost impossible to offend or embarass me.  My choice in best friend can attest to that...  I'm a music addict and DJ as a hobby.  Dancy dancy stuff more than poppy hip hoppy tho.    ^.^

Also....I tend to type far too much sometimes...it's a problem.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Heya, I'm Autumn Willow and I'm from Singapore. I think I heard about Ashes from another MMO Forum (SotA :'( ). Got a quick look, checked out the Q&A videos online and then quickly informed all my gaming friends about the game. 

I've played an unhealthy amount of MMOs in the past but it's been awhile since I've actually been excited about one... until Ashes. I'll be playing this with my friends,my kids (they should be old enough by the time the game release) and all the new friends that I've made on Ashes of Creation SEA Discord community.

Lots of speculation and lots of geeking out. Trying to pace out my excitment to last the new few years of development. :smiley:

Oh... I like Bards...
  • Options
    Hey guys, Ghyx here :D

Greek guy living in Boston, I am a scientist by training (genetics) but work as a management consultant - this means I travel a lot, and I am often on the forums while I'm traveling, interacting with all of you lovely people!

I am the GM of a new Ashes guild/community, The Black Tower (check us out HERE!), and am incredibly excited for all of the features this game is aiming to bring to the MMO genre. 

I'm still active in the GW2 community, and spend most of my game time playing as either an elementalist or a warrior.  

I am achievement-obsessed, but also get easily sucked into duel sprees where I create weird builds and try to make them viable in 1v1 PvP. I love a challenge, and am looking forward to the many new challenges that Ashes has to offer us!

<3 Ghyx

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Heeeey yoooou guuuuuys!

I'm Karthos and I like Baby Ruth Bars and live on the West Coast of the US.

The one thing you should know about me is I love to make others laugh. And play MMOs.

The two things you should know about me is I love to make others laugh and play MMOs. And fish.

The three things​ you should know about me is I love to make laughs, play MMOs, and fish...And Monty Python references.

I've played MMORPGs for just shy of 20yrs. I cut my teeth in Lineage and Lineage 2, honed my skills in games like Nexus (Barum for you in Korea), Ragnarok and UO. In my youth I bowed to peer pressure and started abusing WoW (kids just say no) I worked my way through Aion, LotRO, SWTOR, Archeage and ESO to name a few. I've lead guilds, I've been a PvPer, a raider and an RPer.

I had given up in finding that "perfect MMO" after seeing a market infected by the blight of P2W. And then I saw Ashes of Creation, and I'm a believer. Not a trace, of doubt in my mind.

Excited to be here. PS I'm also looking for a guild who will tolerate me ;)
  • Options

Siw'mae Pawb!

My name is Kratz and I live in the South West Corner of the UK. I've been an avid gamer since I can remember but I really have focused on MMOs since 1999. That journey has taken me from EQ, to LOTRO, SWTOR, AoC, GW2, and ESO, spending far more time in Middle Earth than any other virtual realm.

I enjoy persistent universes and I rarely play single player games because I enjoy MMOs so much. I hope that Ashes deliver on its promises because this is probably going to be the last chance saloon for me. The more MMOs I try the more I feel the genre is regressing but Intrepid studios are visualising a special concept here and I look forward to seeing how it materialises. I also look forward to see you all in the newest tavern in the first Metropolis!

Of all my favorite things to do,
    The utmost is to have a brew.
    My love grows for my foamy friend,
    With each thirst-quenching elbow bend.
    Ale’s so frothy, smooth and cold;
    It’s paradise, pure liquid gold.
    Yes, ale means many things to me.
    That’s all for now, I gotta pee.

• Options
    I'll need to edit my intro cos you've all posted such beautiful intros already ❤️ What an epic community we have!
  • Options
    Diura said:
    I'll need to edit my intro cos you've all posted such beautiful intros already ❤️ What an epic community we have!
    Your's is great! I ripped mine off from the Goonies, Monty Python and a 50yr old Monkees song... 
  • Options
    Karthos said:

I had given up in finding that "perfect MMO" after seeing a market infected by the blight of P2W. And then I saw Ashes of Creation, and I'm a believer. Not a trace, of doubt in my mind.

Nice reference in there...Which version was in your head when you typed that?  I heard the Monkees because my friend plays Beetles Radio on Pandora pretty much half the day.  Also thank you.  No matter the version, I'm happy this song replaced the last one that was stuck in my head
  • Options
    Nice thread!

A small backer here, wishful of become part of this rising community.

Played Last Chaos, Perfect World, Runes of Magic, Allods, WoW, Ultima Online, a little bit of ArcheAge back in the days. I walked away from MMOs some years ago, disappointed by the lack of cohesion those kind of gameplay offered between players. It was (almost) always a desperate run for the end game, the min-max, the best equip or whatever else. I don't want to be the strongest, the richest or the most powerful being of my server: what I really desire is to feel part of a whole. Call it guild, clan or node, it doesn't change for me: I want to help it growth, and shine glorious. I seek to fight, alongside friends, brothers and sisters, to create something and to defend it with all my strength.

That's what I'm looking for, and I'm truly hope AoC will be the game I have been looking for all this years. It will be amazing to stand here with you, seeing it becoming a reality.

I'm Rhoqaro, and someone calls me the Hewer. It's a pleasure to be here.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Rhoqaro said:
    Nice thread!

A small backer here, wishful of become part of this rising community.

Played Last Chaos, Perfect World, Runes of Magic, Allods, WoW, Ultima Online, a little bit of ArcheAge back in the days. I walked away from MMOs some years ago, disappointed by the lack of cohesion those kind of gameplay offered between players. It was (almost) always a desperate run for the end game, the min-max, the best equip or whatever else. I don't want to be the strongest, the richest or the most powerful being of my server: what I really desire is to feel part of a whole. Call it guild, clan or node, it doesn't change for me: I want to help it growth, and shine glorious. I seek to fight, alongside friends, brothers and sisters, to create something and to defend it with all my strength.

That's what I'm looking for, and I'm truly hope AoC will be the game I have been looking for all this years. It will be amazing to stand here with you, seeing it becoming a reality.

I'm Rhoqaro, and someone calls me the Hewer. It's a pleasure to be here.
    Perfect speech my friend! I too wish to help Ashes grow and shine! Welcome the community o7
  • Options
    Rhoqaro said:
    Call it guild, clan or node, it doesn't change for me: I want to help it growth, and shine glorious. I seek to fight, alongside friends, brothers and sisters, to create something and to defend it with all my strength.

Hello Rhoqaro,

I think you have absoloutly nailed the majority of our sentiments here.  Thank you for jumping on board :)
  • Options
    @Diura I feel like your echo here I will have to learn to type more quickly lol
  • Options
    @Diura I feel like your echo here I will have to learn to type more quickly lol
    It's a good echo xD All on the hype train :D
  • Options
    Dav der, hyggeligt at møde jer!

I'm Julemanden, I live in Denmark a little bit outside Copenhagen. My nickname is a word play on my middle name and the danish word for Santa Claus, which is also why I'm always festive :)

I've played games for quite a while, probably not as long as some of you veterans, but long enough to know a few of the oldies :) Normally I play everything between heaven and earth, indie, rpg, mmo, fps you name it, I've probably played it or heard of it ;) Lately I've been more into survival games or dungeon crawlers, usually playing with a friend or two. I play both singleplayer or multiplayer in almost every game that has both modes, as I find each mode has its own benefits and negatives.

I've been around this lovely community since december, I can't really remember how I found it, but someone probably has my referal tucked away somewhere :)
    As I really like proceduraly generated games, this MMO kinda struck me a bit on that nerve, since it has some of the aspects while still being the MMO genre I hold dear. If everything develops as we hope it does, you're gonna see the smallest and stoughtest dwarf running around for the biggest adventures ;) I really like adventuring and finding new things, so hopefully theres gonna be a LOT of mystery to discover.

Other than playing games I like 3 things a lot:
    1. Climbing (mainly bouldering)
    2. Music (basicly everything, listen with me/us: plug.dj)
    3. Rum (ah yes the sweet sweet rum, actually keep it dry thats better)

Anyway, see you all around, hope we have a jolly good time.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Thank you, @Diura, for making this thread!  That was extremely thoughtful of you, and typifies what I see from the posters on these forums, that I hope continues on, into the game!  

Greetings, and salutations, all!  I am @freespiryt,at your service.  I hale from the USA, and as my moniker suggests, am quite the free spirit in real life.  I'm a bit of a bibliophile, as well as a novice writer(nothing published), and avid RP'er.

I've been involved in the MMORPG community for longer than some, not as long as others.  My first foray into MMO's was EQ1.  I still have extremely fond memories of that game.  The players were always helpful, and RP was plentiful.  It really felt communal.  Sadly, it was shortly before the release of EQ2, and WoW.  Once those games came out, the population of EQ1 dwindled rapidly.  EQ2 was above my computers ability to handle, so I begrudgingly migrated to WoW, even though I kinda blamed them for killing EQ.

Whatever else Blizzard does wrong (and there's a lot), I must admit they weave an excellent story.  That, and some newfound friends, was what kept me playing WoW, until the increasingly apathetic gameplay forced me away.  

Since then, I've jumped from game to game, like most in the community.  Hoping for a breath of fresh life, enjoying a game for a while, before ultimately growing bored, and moving on to the next.  GW1, GW2, SWOTR, ESO, and others I probably forgot.

The concept of a world driven by players, as opposed to a linear narrative, as well as the incentive surrounding community based activites, has me excited once again.  That lost feeling of truly being a part of something, beyond/bigger than myself, is what I'm really looking forwards too, in all aspects of the game!

Here's to the success of Ashes, and I hope to see at least some of you in-game.  Or, at least share stories with you all, through the forums!  

(lol sorry if that went on a little long)

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Hello there!
    Rogue Raven here.  "Greetings, mercenaries, I am Silke, thespian extraordinaire!"  For those of you who know this reference lol...

I am a librarian by trade and take in any and all knowledge I am able to possess.  I have quite a history of beta-testing games since I got on the gaming scene in 1995 with the original Duke Nukem, Strife, and Doom.  Later favorites became Diablo, Ultima Online, and of course a slew of games like Everquest, City of Heroes, The Matrix Online (one of my favorites), and some of my favorite RPG's like the Baldur's Gate Series and Planescape: Torment (probably an all-time favorite).
    I have experienced my fair share of online games and nothing has excited me like Ashes of Creation in some time, for there is always an aspect of an upcoming MMORPG that is just lacking.  One of the biggest things for me is the immersion factor, feeling as though you are part of the game world.  Games like Dungeons and Dragons Online did that for me, but I get a lot of the immersion from the visuals, how realistic, stunning, interesting, etc., and games like DDO and WOW simply became visually too outdated to hold my interest.  I greatly appreciate the originality of a games' options, such as another favorite, Star Wars: Galaxies, where I spent most of my time as an image consultant and dancer in the cantinas of various planets.  Ashes of Creation also addresses many issues with aspects like the in-game economy and combat that is simply inadequate in other top titles available today.
    Other than that, I like to sing, play the guitar and piano, write poetry, and create art, whether painting, designing, or drawing.
    Ashes, I am ready to heed the call of the ancients and return to the realm of fantasy and fortune again.  See you soon.
    ~Rogue Raven
  • Options
    Hello there!
    Rogue Raven here.  "Greetings, mercenaries, I am Silke, thespian extraordinaire!"  For those of you who know this reference lol...
    "Go for the eye's, Boo!  Go for the eyes!", lol   Good times, great series!  :smiley:
  • Options
    Hello everybody! I am Usopptheweaboo (note: not an actual weeb). I'm a 20 year old from the backwoods of Mississippi! One of my favorite things about MMOs, and gaming in general, is the exploration of the areas. I love seeing new areas with fresh enemies and that adds a little bit to the lore. I'm mainly a PvE guy but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty and kill players if I need to. I've tried many MMOs and the only one to really hold my interest so far was WoW. That game was like heaven to me for a while. I found this game when TheLazyPeon uploaded his interview with Steven, and I am super excited for it! I'm most excited about the node system. The class system is a close second as well. At the moment, my dream for the game is to start a guild with my best friend and rise to the tops. Well, that's all about me I guess. Can't wait to make many new friends!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Greetings!

I am Zarivan, Lord of all... owls? I come from the Kingdom of Cold... Sweden, and has been playing games all my life. I am honoured to be adding to this community.

I found the kickstarter to Ashes of Creation through some old pals from Rift, liked what I saw, and ended up backing it. Can't wait to play with you all!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Hello Guys. 
    Martin here. Im Polish but i live in Ireland now. I heard about this game from friend and im so happy to be here. I love mmo games, spend good few years in WoW but then i spend to much time, so i decide to quit and find something more casual. I didn't found anything that i could compare to WoW without invest a lot of time or money(I know,  mmo are not really designed for casuals but then i didn't had that time). I was playing most big mmo but all was free to play with item shop with was killing them. There was also some games with was nice but i love to play in open world, not only jumping from instance to instance. so i gave up with mmo and i start play survival games, but thats not the same. This game have everything that i want in mmo and event more. i can have amazing crafting system, taming and breeding profession with i love since i was playing Ark a lot. So i cant wait to play Beta, i may try upgrade my KS to alpha access cos im not lucky person and I doubt i will get key via weekly draw. I was never interested with kickstarter cos i never believe on it and good example is Star Citizen. But when i see Steven talking about Ashes of Creation i believe  Him, i believe he will make it proper and i see im not alone, im one of the almost 20k ppl with support him and another thousands of playes with cant wait to play best mmo.
    Sorry for my english, im trying my best but its not my native language. 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Aloha mai kakou,

My name is Kawaionamolokama. I'm from Hawaii. And before anyone asks, yes, Maui is my Uncle.

I was a part of a game called Asheron's Call from 2000-2017 (it's death.) The community at Asheron's Call was looking for a new game to fill the void after Asheron's Call was terminated on Jan. 31, 2017. One of the members in the Facebook Group linked a Kickstarter Video of a game that "we had to check out." I'm glad I checked it out.  

Honestly, I look forward to everything. The challenge of learning a new game, building new relationships, and something new to talk about with friends and family. I guess if you peel back the layers, I'm looking forward to a new community to share life with.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Hello everybody. Great to meet you all!

LexMax is my forum name, but I intend to play several characters with lore-specific names. when the time comes.

I've played several MMO's in the past: Wow,  FFXIV and SkyForge are the ones I've sunk the most time into. I try to play every role (tank, healer, ranged and melee). The classes I gravitate toward are Mage, Paladin, Summoner, Cleric (or variations thereof). I also like a mixture of good and evil in there! 

I'm an achievement whore at heart! I like raiding but I'm too old to expect any world-firsts. Collecting, exploration and PvP are also things I like to do. Basically, I want to do everything in AoC and leave no pixel unturned. Thank RNG my wife is also a gamer! 
  • Options

Excited to be here. PS I'm also looking for a guild who will tolerate me ;)

What's not to love? 
  • Options
    Welphgryn said:
    Aloha mai kakou,

My name is Kawaionamolokama. I'm from Hawaii. And before anyone asks, yes, Maui is my Uncle.

I was a part of a game called Asheron's Call from 2000-2017 (it's death.) The community at Asheron's Call was looking for a new game to fill the void after Asheron's Call was terminated on Jan. 31, 2017. One of the members in the Facebook Group linked a Kickstarter Video of a game that "we had to check out." I'm glad I checked it out.  

Honestly, I look forward to everything. The challenge of learning a new game, building new relationships, and something new to talk about with friends and family. I guess if you peel back the layers, I'm looking forward to a new community to share life with.

Look forward to meeting you. Hope we get s shortened version of your name though!  Welcome aboard.
  • Options
    Kropek84 said:
    Hello Guys. 
    Martin here. Im Polish but i live in Ireland now. I heard about this game from friend and im so happy to be here. I love mmo games, spend good few years in WoW but then i spend to much time, so i decide to quit and find something more casual. I didn't found anything that i could compare to WoW without invest a lot of time or money(I know,  mmo are not really designed for casuals but then i didn't had that time). I was playing most big mmo but all was free to play with item shop with was killing them. There was also some games with was nice but i love to play in open world, not only jumping from instance to instance. so i gave up with mmo and i start play survival games, but thats not the same. This game have everything that i want in mmo and event more. i can have amazing crafting system, taming and breeding profession with i love since i was playing Ark a lot. So i cant wait to play Beta, i may try upgrade my KS to alpha access cos im not lucky person and I doubt i will get key via weekly draw. I was never interested with kickstarter cos i never believe on it and good example is Star Citizen. But when i see Steven talking about Ashes of Creation i believe  Him, i believe he will make it proper and i see im not alone, im one of the almost 20k ppl with support him and another thousands of playes with cant wait to play best mmo.
    Sorry for my english, im trying my best but its my native language. 

Your English is just fine my friend! 
  • Options
    I am a no body, and of no concern to you.
  • Options
    SethGure said:
    Pfft. That's what all the great one's say.
  • Options
    SethGure said:
    Look out guys, Social Butterfly coming through!!!
  • Options
    I guess I'll hop on the band wagon seeing as the first Introduction thread is lost in the nether.

I've been hanging around the online gaming universe for 20+ years.  I enjoy most aspects of games, especially exploring and the danger new worlds offer.
    EQ1 was my favorite most likely because it was my first actual real multiplayer game. I'm hoping with Ashes the danger and depth of the new world will be as EQ and Asheron's call were years ago.  I'm so tired of dumbed down games! 

I do tend to talk get wordy here some times but in voice chat and a large group I tend to be quiet. 
    I'll try to greet all as I usually have much time until I travel off into the north woods off and on this summer.  We are gathering a great community of people here. and I am enjoying meeting all of you.  Yes even that bag of bones who haunts our forums!  What was his name?  Toothpick?   Naggy? 
    ohhh ya Nagash!  Don't anyone trip over the splinters he left on the floor!

CylverRayne
    (SilverRain)