Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Meet and Greet the Community!

Comments

• Options
    Ello Sweeties! Kesarakk Here!

In North East Florida I was born and raised, on the PC is where I spent most of my day; Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all throne, crittin' aimshot from across the zone, when a couple of griefers, who were up to no good, startin makin' trouble in my neighborhood. They started crying and wanted free loot and the devs got scared, they said "We are working on making this game fair!"

... and it went downhill from there. I think most of us can agree that MMOs have become as cheesy, unoriginal and just overall bad like my attempts to "rap". 

Anyways, as my "cute" rap suggests, I'm from Florida, USA, but currently in Georgia. Been a gamer most of my life, with it all starting at the ripe age of 13 when my parents finally got over their "It's the Devil's work!" phase and I was actually allowed into the fantasy world. Never looked back! My first MMO experience was Dark Age of Camelot. Played it at my aunt and uncle's with them and my cousins. It was a blast... died a lot and didn't know how to use the WASD controls, but it was a blast! My first official MMO was World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade. Like any kid, I was addicted. With being home schooled I was able to play 18 hours a day and no one to bat an eye over it. I loved that game... until the last 3 xpacs hit. Fastforward to 2011, I was sick of WoW. The community wasn't the same, gold sellers everywhere, and they had just started introducing pay to win and cash grab into their online store... Why the hell would I spend two months worth of subtime to transfer one character to another server, when I could use one month to just level another one thanks to the heirlooms?!?. So I, and several friends, who I am still friends with after 7+ years of playing that game together, left for greener pastures. I first moved to Rift, it was brand new and looked pretty. It was fun... for all of 3 days, until a rift opened up and took over the questing area and no one came in to help remove it, so couldn't continue questing. I was gone. Since then I have tested and moved between MMOs like Wildstar, SWTOR, even Star Trek Online and Guild Wars 2. None of them fulfilled me.

That was when I gave up on MMOs. Most of the communities were crap, full of little kids who thought their two inch pecker was the biggest mo-fo on the planet, and the games catered to players who had bigger bank accounts than brains.I changed genres and played RTS, FPS((Favorite is Overwatch)), MOBAs ((Smite, not LoL. I would like to make that clear!)) and RPG games ((Favorites were the Walking Dead games. Need to buy season 3, but I loved the first two seasons and they were fun games))

Then out of the blue I found a link to a kickstarter about a new MMO. I thought "Eh, why not, I'm bored anyways". Best bored decision I have made in my entire life ((Trust, I have made some questionable ones.)). I am already addicted to this game and I can't even play it. The community is excellent! Everyone is helpful and collaborate together on how we think the game will work/ what we would like to see. The devs on this game are so open and willing to answer questions and don't pull silly political moves like "Well, we need to pass it so we can see what is in it.". And this is the first MMO that has everything that I have wanted in one: Guild Housing, Player Housing, Smart Conflict and not just PVP gods running around killing people for the luls, Excellent economy system, and epic profession system!! I am currently trying to get all of my gaming family and friends to play this once it comes out. If the Intrepid Team holds their promises, this game is going to make World of Warcraft look like Runescape ((Oh yeah... I went there))

I hope that I get to see and/or play with most of you! After all, we are the First Born! The first to love the game before it will become the cool thing to play! And boy will it ever be The Game to play
  • Options
    Thank you heartily, Diura and PJ_Rydecker. It's amazing for me to see this much enthusiasm and passion among this forum pages.

I'm sure this is the beginning of an amazing adventure :)
  • Options
    Hello from Alaska!
    The name is Ron IRL but I go by Dwarfatarms - Dwarf, Fatarms or Fatty for short.
    super hype train for ashes and I hang out in the community discord, forums and anything ashes related until release.

I am currently still playing WoW and have been playing it since Alpha Vanilla. the game has taken a pretty bad turn in the last couple years. So our guild will be transferring on release.

I am a Leader of Men pledge and will be attending the game launch party in Vegas !

hit me up I try to help and love to BS.. 
  • Options
    I've sat and read all your intros this morning (even before making a cuppa tea *gasp*) It is an absolute pleasure to be part of such an incredible community! Welcome everyone so far! Let us grow!
  • Options
    Haha yeah, though I do wonder where the other SEA players are hiding :smiley:
  • Options
    Gamer for over 15 years, always liked MMO"S like Runescape where I started with, after that, once I was a little older I went to World of Warcraft and sticked with it till this day.

In general I am a community player, always had my own guild or was a community manager. A lone wolf and a leader of the pack at the same time, thats how I would describe myself. Always with a competitive mind in the background.

Some achievements of mine. 2400 rating in Warcraft, Diamond in League. But mostly and the most precious memories of my gaming times is the community. I made some really big friends through the times, also IRL.

Without the community there is nothing <3
  • Options
    Hello from The Netherlands
    played allot of MMO's but hated the massive grind or P2W and AoC is the first MMO that I'm Hyped about ^^
    My name is Raymond IRL and well.. Don't know it yet in Ashes maybe by the name Bananassassin
    Going to play Sum/Bard or Priest/Bard
  • Options
    @Raymond
    Welcome to the community! I'll be bard/something :D Really excited to see bard is so popular!
  • Options
    Well, hi! UK player here, been playing multiplayer online games since the only ones available were called MUDs, and you could listen to your modem dialling the telephone number when you connected to the Internet.
  • Options
    Diura said:
    I really miss the "Newly Arrived" thread and greeting our wonderful community!
    So do I   :'(
    Howdy! 

I'm JcTruper some people call me "JC" or "Truper" for short call me whatever :D 

Q:How did you hear about Ashes of Creation? 
    A: I heard about "Ashes of Creation" on facebook believe it or not about 2 weeks before the KS started. A friend posted a video from the youtuber "Thelazypeon" I checked it out and instantly fell in love with the concept idea and went mad on google searching for every bit of info I can find!

Q: What other mmos have you played?  
    A: I played a lot of MMO's but none of them really interested me like WOW did played for 11 years it consumed my soul lol! 

Q:What do you hope to see in Ashes of creation?
    A: Penguins yes I said it I want a penguin :D

• Options
    Greetings peasants.

You are now talking to your lord and master nagash. I'm from Wales in the Uk. I've been playing games for over 20 years. As you may know from some of the posts I've made I do like the sense of dramatic in games, so the MMO genre was perfect for me to have some fun with people who shared the same tastes as me.

Already I have made some nice friends (I hope), and I look forward to playing with them in the future. As for my hobbies, im a collector of books and love to read to the point where I have my own mini library. some of you may have guessed by my name that is a warhamer/40k fan and the deep lore that has, so any game with a deep lore is a great game in my books.

I hope I get to know you all really well and we take over these forums and delete any thread that involves people complaining about Kickstarter or PVP over PVE

All hail Nagash  B)
  • Options
    Kesarakk said:
    Ello Sweeties! Kesarakk Here!

In North East Florida I was born and raised, on the PC is where I spent most of my day; Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all throne, crittin' aimshot from across the zone, when a couple of griefers, who were up to no good, startin makin' trouble in my neighborhood. They started crying and wanted free loot and the devs got scared, they said "We are working on making this game fair!"
    Love the intro rap, lol
  • Options
    Welcome @Julemanden!

Thank you heartily, @Diura and @PJ_Rydecker.  It's amazing for me to see this much enthusiasm and passion among this forum pages.

• Options
    Welcome @Julemanden!

Thank you heartily, @Diura and @PJ_Rydecker.  It's amazing for me to see this much enthusiasm and passion among this forum pages.

• Options
    Hail to you all.

I have been indulging in these wonder-filled adventures ever since the dawn of the current era of gaming. When on that fated day a simple Pawn looked beyond his seemingly impenetrable boundary walls and walked off the limited 8x8 chess-board, to follow the path of a King, into the limitless imaginings of the tabletop group-mind of roleplaying games and other forms of adventure such as that of pixelated video screens...

Ashes of Creation will be amazing for all parties involved. It gratifies me greatly to see so many like-minded awakened people, who have committed to making this Adventure a reality.

I look forward to meeting you all one day in the fields of the imagination.
  • Options
    Hi everyone, Roberto here.

I am a young, handsome, 6'2" tall italian bachelor looking for loooove (call me),
    Joking, I am a sociopath, I cannot feel love, but I like cookies, so I am not that bad.

I am an archaeology student (master degree) soon to be graduated with a thesis on celtic armament, Now, since I choose an area of expertise that is very ironically disregarded in my country, such that there are mostly undepaid jobs,if there are any at all, and since I have the best luck in the world and I recently discovered that my sight impairment (I am blind as a mole) can't be cured neither by the most expert clerics that Italy has to offer (and we have the Vatican, the land of the healer class), I have decided not to attend a PhD and to abandon the previous desire of becoming a university professor, in order to pursue differently my dream, teaching.

To do so, I started an educational little, channel on youtube, and I enjoy what I can do, given the little time I have to dedicate at the moment. 

Also, I am working on an high fantasy world and, maybe, in the distant future, we'll be able to see a MMORPG base on it? Ah!

I started playing MMORPG because I love RPGs. I fell in love with Baldur's Gate when I was 7 or 8 and then I persevered on playing such games. I never had many friends who shared the passion though, so it never became a tabletop kind of experience. I found they could make me special, in a way, and my passion for the necromancer class may explain my actual profession. 

MMORPG, RPG and fantasy in general (it has to be fantasy, possibly high fantasy, medieval looking, inherently coherent, high fantasy) have been, for me, excape worlds in my adolescence. I loved them! That and writing helped me a lot. I used to write poetry before I went dead inside and started digging ancient dead bodies as a job.

I started with Dark Age of Camelot (I have a poor sight but I don't seem to have read anything about this game in this thread, it's a pity... come on! It had Celts! You could play Celts! How awesome is that?), back in the day, when I was a 13 years old archaeologist with but a short whip and just a handful of nazis to vanquish.
    I enjoyed it for a few years, but I was shy and never really managed to have a guild for most of that time, mostly played alone. Moved on an english server, same old, same old... 

Then I tried Warhammer online (did a little bit of closed beta) and played the witch hunter a bit, fun and all but same socializing problem. I reached what seemed a plateau in levelling solo around level 30 and I got bored, so I gradually stopped.

Tried GW2, capped pg, mostly PvE. Nothing much to say, after a while, got bored and stopped.

Tried ESO, very hyped but mostly disappointed. Did a little bit of closed beta, it seemed good but... I don't know... it was astonishingly easy to level cap the charactersm mostly theme park (even though the Elder Scrolls games are famous for being sandbox).... I got bored, plus the game went F2P just after the early months that I payed for :| I tried to play again recently but my sight worsened in the meanwhile and it has become too hard for me to read descriptions. It's pointless to play if it is an effort.

I don't have any more the time I had when I was in high school, nor the will to play so many hours but I still harbour affection for this genre that accompanied me throughout youth... so hope, hope never dies, unlike Kenny and, as I was looking for a MMORPG to play a little, battled between the allure of F2P and the fact that paying for something usually gets you better things, I stumbled upon this game. I think it will be able to challenge how easy I get bored and maybe it will have the right balance between fun and challenge in levelling, even in solo.

Somewhen in the past I must have also tried WoW but it didn't give me a good impression, maybe it was just too cartoonish, maybe too much PvE (at the time?)? I don't know but I never played more than 5 levels.

It's been many years, I've changed. I probably won't be an hardcore player, maybe I will stay underlevelled for long, maybe I'll need a friend or two to read me the lore in order for me to catch up the reason why I was killing so many goblins (if ever you need a reason to kill goblins), but  if this will be a world in which every little part counts, then I'll do mine. 

Besides, becoming an hoplologist, I'll be able to name each and every error on equipment or armament, because you can't possibly move that massive sword, can you? And those pauldrons? Are you kidding me? The spikes are for what? To get killed sooner?

Post Scriptum - I'll probably be an elf, like the mage archetype, and elves ALWAYS have bonuses to magic. As secondary class, don't know, playing so much in solo I used oftenly a pet class but maybe I won't play much solo this time? Who knows... only the Moirai know, and they don't tell anyone about it.

• Options

I losing track of wo I've greeted or haven't, but to all of you are newly greeting yourselves in this thread, welcome :) I hope you have a great time on these boards in the months to come and an even better time in Ashes. The journey will be long but there' no better place to enjoy it than on the hype train. :)

• Options
    If you are new to Ashes or just lurking on the forums, then feel free to stop by, kick off your shoes (or in @nagash's family's case, kick off your feet) and spin us a yarn about yourself.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Greetings peasants.

You are now talking to your lord and master nagash. I'm from Wales in the Uk. I've been playing games for over 20 years. As you may know from some of the posts I've made I do like the sense of dramatic in games, so the MMO genre was perfect for me to have some fun with people who shared the same tastes as me.

Already I have made some nice friends (I hope), and I look forward to playing with them in the future. As for my hobbies, im a collector of books and love to read to the point where I have my own mini library. some of you may have guessed by my name that is a warhamer/40k fan and the deep lore that has, so any game with a deep lore is a great game in my books.

I hope I get to know you all really well and we take over these forums and delete any thread that involves people complaining about Kickstarter or PVP over PVE

All hail Nagash  B)
    No man has dominion over me! 

Unless you have cake. Then carry on.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Greetings peasants.

You are now talking to your lord and master nagash.
    Ah hoy! Lord Master nagash!
  • Options
    Welcome one and all.  Beware the toothpick man, errr Master @nagash, don't stumble over his shavings in your travels.
  • Options
    Greetings my fellow Ashes community members.

I first heard about AoC while looking for something new to play after i lost my job and couldnt aford to sub to WoW anymore. Then i came across TLP who was so excited about some new game i never heard of andf figured why not check it out. Been following closely ever since. The community on discord is amazing and devs are doing such a great job that i have gone out of my way to spread the AoC message of hope to all the none believers on fb and twitch lol. I love this game and i love all you guys too. <3
  • Options
    *Offers cookies and cuddles*

Wotcha bods and happy bunnies.
    Oh and all the Dwarves and not forgetting the his highness Lord Nagash.

Megs here, I have an opinion on everything that I'm happy to share, though I'm often wrong and also happy/open to change my mind.

I hope to get a chance to meet those of you I haven't yet :) it's a great community and a nice place to waste time waiting for amazing things to happen.

So hello to everyone! You're all welcome to join my brain party anytime, although I am more than aware how pervish this comment is coming across so far....

• Options
    Welcome everyone, i'm Shunex and ill be one of your moderators for this journey into Ashes :smile:

a bit about me, I'm from Perth, Australia been playing mmorpg's for the last decade and i started with warhammer online beta back in the day, since then i've played almost all the AAA mmorpg's that have been released. I'm a huge lore fan and i love a good story line, but what i really love about mmo's is PvP it's where my heart truly lies. what i want almost as much as Decent pvp is some large scale raiding that takes weeks to complete, smth that isn't "hey im bored lets go do a dungeon" but rather you have to spend time getting ready to go in, gathering supply's and what not.

That's pretty much it, if you ever need help with anything or just want to chat drop me a line either here or on the discord and ill be happy to help you out in what ever way i can. 

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017

Great to finally know a little bit more about you @Shunex. There's plenty of people who're really enthused about the community we've started to build here in Ashes, and I'd like to thank you for all your hard work in helping it come together and sorting out the teething issues which naturally came with a new forum. Cheers!

• Options
    Diura said:
    (even before making a cuppa tea *gasp*)
  • Options
    Hello everyone, I figured that I haven't really introduced myself yet although I have been active on the forum for a couple of days now. 

I'm a Belgian college student in my first bachelor engineering, although politics, history and paleontology are some of my other passions. 

I played a couple of MMO's already but never passed Lv. 30 in any of them, so I'm still kind of a noob. I am hooked on the genre however, and I really want to find an MMORPG that is worth to sink my teeth in. 
    I discovered AoC thanks to a video of youtuber Thelazypeon.

In the meantime I play Total war games, Wargaming games and since recently Guild Wars 2. 

I will probably be a tank or bard as main and part of a small guild, either with people I meet here in the community or with some of my friends if I can convince them to try this game (which shouldn't be too difficult, because this game looks awesome) 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Diura said:
    (even before making a cuppa tea *gasp*)
    How did you find this picture of me in the morning? :0
    @Shunex thank you so much for introducing yourself to the Community! It's nice too see you on the forums too :Please
    Welcome everyone! You're all awesome :3
  • Options
    Hi guys! I'm the Reaper of Cookies, or just Cookie / Reaper for short. Whatever floats your boat. I'm 23, dutch and usually a lone wolf in any game. 

I'm usually a stealth class or a ranger. Though in Overwatch I seem to be playing Mercy a lot because people actively try not to play support =,=.

I've been playing games for as long as I can remember things. One of my first mmorpgs was Kal Online, though I tended to play on private servers as I liked the smaller communities better, loved orignal GuildWars and basically followed by at least trying every major mmorpgs since. 
    The genre has been pretty boring lately IMO or I'm just missing my nostalgia trips I guess, Guildwars 2 managed to keep me pleased for a small bit, but it's nothing like the orignal, I miss being able to create builds out of hundreds of skills. 
    I usually avoid being in a guild because I either get ignored by everyone or people get on my nerves. Though I'm sure I'm part of that problem lol. 

Ashes will be no different, I'll probably end up with a stealth class, though usually I'm not into crafting all that much because I seem to suck at it, but I'll be setting up my own forge here and aim to deliver quality stuff :)

Other than that I like to play stealth games, fps usually works out and I've getting into indie games lately.

• Options

Welcome @Reaperofcookies :)

I actually think crafting in this game will be superb, but that's just a inkling at this point. Early info is promising. Keep your eyes open. :)