Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Guild Fair on Friday, the 23rd of June

Comments

• Options
    Mykkala said:
    I'm questioning the UTC-8  is this Pacific or Alaskan time? on that map linked it's for alaskan time which is 4 hours behind Eastern.
    UTC-8 is PDT, or in other words, its 8 pm Cali time.
  • Options
    Hmm I think it's PST is UTC-8 and PDT is UTC-7  .  I think that is where my confusion is.  
  • Options
    Mykkala said:
    Hmm I think it's PST is UTC-8 and PDT is UTC-7  .  I think that is where my confusion is.  
    It seems to me you're completly right.
    In order to eliminate the consfusion and to fix my mistsake I've edited the post to fit everyone from NA.
    The times are now:
    20:00 PT (Pacific Time), 23:00 EST (Eastern Time)
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Thats nice  :) I think ill create a guild of my own but ill watch the stream anyway
  • Options
    @Needletail - Still unable to message. Type in @Needletail  in the recipients window, and hit tab, and it poofs. Retype, hit enter ... poofs again.

Gah!
  • Options
    Isende said:
    @Needletail - Still unable to message. Type in @Needletail  in the recipients window, and hit tab, and it poofs. Retype, hit enter ... poofs again.

Gah!
    @Isende Oh sorry to hear that... Just post it here,
    I'll add it myself
    there seems to be a glitch of somesort
  • Options
    *gasp* What's this :0 Diura representing her awesome guild Ashenguard with Valenores? Yes it is! Does that mean you'll hear some scottishness :0 Tune in to find out :0
  • Options
    Diura said:
    *gasp* What's this :0 Diura representing her awesome guild Ashenguard with Valenores? Yes it is! Does that mean you'll hear some scottishness :0 Tune in to find out :0
    this will be interesting to say the least
  • Options
    Region: NA
    Guild Name: Destiny Reforged
    Leader(s) Names: @Isende, @IsamuTheMad, @Possum
    Forum Post: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/16448/na-casual-rp-pvx-destiny-reforged
  • Options
    This is a great idea.  Looking forward to this.
  • Options
    @Isende my apologies for not paying more attention, seems I made a mistake the @ doesn't need to be used in the recipients field in the new pm window
  • Options
    @Isende my apologies for not paying more attention, seems I made a mistake the @ doesn't need to be used in the recipients field in the new pm window
    *grins* Now he tells me! Thank you, so much, for this!

Now -- tell me how to @ your name so it actually shows both words! 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Isende said:
    *grins* Now he tells me! Thank you, so much, for this!

Now -- tell me how to @ your name so it actually shows both words! 

(Atsign)"Ninja Shadow" for names with a space you have to put quotation marks
    @Isende
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Woot! I have learned something! Thank you, @Ninja Shadow!

Edit: It worked! I has a new toy!
  • Options
    Not sure if by new toy, @Isende means what she learned or if she means me because she can do @Ninja Shadow now

Either way is OK with me
  • Options
    I've notice this post for a while, yet hesitant to reply but ... well ...

Wouldn't this ruin a first-time player experience ?
    ~~~~ They just download the game, finally able to log in on a " not-too-populated " server and come to find out mostly everyone is in a Guild ? ~~~~

Plus, from personal experience, some guilds are a complete " 180 " after joining. 
    ( I.e. they promise so many things, but are completely the opposite after you've spent some time in the Guild in-game )

On the Bright side ... Now I've realized that most Guilds are more on a Broad-Scale and not just solely to One-MMO - some branch out to other MMOs and become close-friends. But i personally figured that it'll be better establishing Guilds once in the game & then building " Allied-Guilds " as time Progresses. 
    ( maybe a more immersive experience ? )

But that's just me.

because honestly ... I'm a little excited about this  too :3 
  • Options
    @Eragale
    Your concern is a valid one,
    however, it is importnat to understand that this game isnt heavily PvP orianted, so most players wont even feel the guilds presence, until they actually go deeper into the game, and by that point you'll already be in a guild, because of its vast content.

In the end of the day, guilds are just a network of people who are working together for the same cause.  I personally think that its great to see many people coming together to fight for the same cause, and while fraud leaders will exist, I'd like to believe that a few spoiled apples wont spoil the bunch.

It is with events like those, that I hope to restore hope in people and connect them with the community of friends and perhaps even a new family.
    I may be naive, but thats just how I look at it ^^
  • Options
    UPDATE:
    Due to a combination of techincal issues and high demand, NA stream time has been changed from 20:00 PT, to 20:00 EST (17:00 PT).
    the current updated times are:
    17:00 PT (Pacific Time), 20:00 EST (Eastern Time) for NA
    20:00 (UTC+1) for EU
    20:00 (UTC+10) for OCE/SEA
    Thank you for understanding.
  • Options
    It is with events like those, that I hope to restore hope in people and connect them with the community of friends and perhaps even a new family.
    I may be naive, but thats just how I look at it ^^
    What a beautiful way to see what a MMO may (and should) represent. I totally agree with that... so maybe we can be naive together on this.
    :smile:
  • Options
    @Rhoqaro
    @Needletail

Let's see who can be placed or find their families ^_^ 
  • Options
    what a good idea :D! Happy to see the community starting events so soon. Since i have no guild and i want to start with one in the alpha 1 i will be happy seeing this and i hope i will found my guild <3
  • Options
    Really nice idea with the guild stream :smiley:. It is a important factor of the game so it should get the focus like it do now ;)
  • Options
    Not sure if by new toy, @Isende means what she learned or if she means me because she can do @Ninja Shadow now

Either way is OK with me
    Well, now that you mention it ... oh, wait. I think @Possum would be ok with my knowledge being my new toy; I don't think he'd want me replacing him with another breathing toy.

Limitations. Sheesh!
  • Options
    Eragale said:
    I've notice this post for a while, yet hesitant to reply but ... well ...

Wouldn't this ruin a first-time player experience ? 
    ~~~~ They just download the game, finally able to log in on a " not-too-populated " server and come to find out mostly everyone is in a Guild ? ~~~~

Plus, from personal experience, some guilds are a complete " 180 " after joining. 
    ( I.e. they promise so many things, but are completely the opposite after you've spent some time in the Guild in-game )

On the Bright side ... Now I've realized that most Guilds are more on a Broad-Scale and not just solely to One-MMO - some branch out to other MMOs and become close-friends. But i personally figured that it'll be better establishing Guilds once in the game & then building " Allied-Guilds " as time Progresses. 
    ( maybe a more immersive experience ? )

But that's just me.

because honestly ... I'm a little excited about this  too :3 
    Can't, by any means, speak for others, but for me? Simple me, myself & I? I'm looking forward to fleshing out our current group of friends, who have gamed together and separately for years, so that we enter Ashes at launch with a common purpose, a common goal, a common thing or things we're all actively working together toward. Additionally, I think that now is a fine time, as the game shapes up, to begin looking toward alliances. For instance, our guild will likely still be smallish, and we're happy to look to other smallish guilds who'll probably be on the same server to figure out how we can build a community.

You're right, sometimes, especially (I believe) with progression guilds, the focus of the guilds changes, and it's not always a pretty change. However, as was established on another thread, there are a great many of us at the 35+ age bracket. What's that mean? Means, usually, that our focus is a bit different; we're more interested, largely, in building relationships than we are in building names. If that makes any sense. Or, perhaps, at least in my case; I wish to build my name, in game, but I wish to do it as a strong supporter of a thriving community.

And that's another difference with Ashes, I believe. So many of us truly want this community we see as a possibility :smiley: 

@Needletail
    I love how you worded what you wrote, "It is with events like those, that I hope to restore hope in people and connect them with the community of friends and perhaps even a new family.
    I may be naive, but thats just how I look at it ^^"

I think you're not naive, unless all the rest of us are, as well. And thank you very much for the update on the time of the Forum.
  • Options
    This sounds great!
  • Options
    @Needletail though I may not be able to help much because most of my time will be spent on my guild, you have my support in helping people find hope and a home ;)

@Isende well that's fine with me just looking forward to seeing you guys in game  B)
  • Options
    Isende said:

Either way is OK with me
    Well, now that you mention it ... oh, wait. I think @Possum would be ok with my knowledge being my new toy; I don't think he'd want me replacing him with another breathing toy.

Limitations. Sheesh!
    Yeah... probably not.  I don't share my toys very well.  :P
  • Options
    I will make my Gm KING!
  • Options
    **UPDATE**
    We have a poster now, thanks to @Gemiichan mad props for her talent.

I would love to use this opportunity to remind the guild leaders and their representetives, that if you havent signed up yet, you should do so now.
    If you have signed up please make sure your name is in this list:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jbIeiiZjNCf2rJc_05oCiKeONbdaEUHUWXkKDMkI0cQ/edit?usp=sharing
    If its not, contact me immediatley.
  • Options
    Beautiful poster :) I can't wait for Friday xD
This discussion has been closed.