Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Lineage 2 Veteran Pub

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    NILV said:
    Kar said:
    If there will be l2 guild in eu server as we, im in.. played since c1
    Someone should really make a EU Guild in AoC for Lineage 2 players cause we were the hardcore ones :D

We "were" but sadly not anymore, most of us are not living in our parents basements playing 16-18 hours per day that was required to be competitive in Lineage 2.

I have never seen guilds with such a high requirements in any other game, and i have played a lot of games. It was madness...

Nah i am not talking about nerdlingering 24/7 into the game (if thats what you taught i meant with hardcore) i am talking about organization,communication and not being an overall carebear. Its a fact that carebears changed L2 into the game it is today , utter trash like the rest of the mmo.
  • Options
    Chell said:
    @NILV and @KawasakiNinja WTF?! Definitely hope that's not a requirement here... I need to Adult... even though I don't want too...
    Oh it won't be requirement here that's for sure, and even if it was you can always enjoy the game at your on pace :)
  • Options
    GOAT said:
    If you have ever played L2 you know how great Ashes can and will be. Alot of what the dev team has talked about has been influenced by Lineage 2, for example the flagging and corruption system is L2.  Lineage 2 was Steven's favorite mmo and the dev team has alot of L2 play time. 

I invite all L2 vets to join me in the Ashes L2 Pub! Let's talk about our L2 history, comparisons to Ashes, and all other info that will help fill the hole L2 left in our hearts that Ashes will be filling! 
    You know theirs actually a large number of people playing Linage 2 Classic that recently came out, and if your hankering for that it is I believe free to cover you a little till Ashes MMORPG comes out. 

Personally APOC is almost at the castle siege/monster battle systems, and I am really excited to get my first hands on experience with the class systems even if its only 4 class kits, and not in a MMORPG sense yet. It is a great experience to see Intrepids leaps forward.

While I agree that Steven took from L2R all MMORPGs take from those before them if they are to be a success, and one of the reasons that WoW is so successful is it looks at what its competition that is gaining support is offering different then proceeds to attempt to offer it in a timely fashion. 

Largely his experience playing L2, AA, EQ2 and other MMORPG i think will yield a boon of a success similar to WoW. As his interest in providing the good of these products with fixes from a gamers perspective I feel will put Intrepid studios on a similar footing to companies like Blizzard. 

Although I don't believe this to be the "WoW killer" I do believe it can hold one of the largest shares of the MMORPG market against Blizzard, and potentially Blizzard will kill itself off with bad projects not supported by the gaming community like the mobile version of the game they are currently releasing soon. 
  • Options
    NILV said:
    Kar said:
    If there will be l2 guild in eu server as we, im in.. played since c1
    Someone should really make a EU Guild in AoC for Lineage 2 players cause we were the hardcore ones :D

We "were" but sadly not anymore, most of us are not living in our parents basements playing 16-18 hours per day that was required to be competitive in Lineage 2.

I have never seen guilds with such a high requirements in any other game, and i have played a lot of games. It was madness...

Nah i am not talking about nerdlingering 24/7 into the game (if thats what you taught i meant with hardcore) i am talking about organisation,communication and not being an overall carebear. Its a fact that carebear players made L2 into the game it is today , utter trash that looks like the other mmos today.
  • Options
    @WingedHorizon I have a few characters on the "classic server" and felt utterly screwed by the enhanced cost for NG weapons/armor/shots since they are 10x the cost on the "Live" servers. However, the classic servers are so popular they now have 5 servers to the 2 remaining live servers, which says a lot. The other thing you have to acknowledge is L2 has been around for a while, and even with the expansions the player are not as stimulated as they once were, because things are way to easy, just look prettier.

The only thing they haven't changed is the failed crafting... omg... everytime I hear the crystal break noise, I cringe and think well thats 25kk in mats down the drain, plus a rec... I cried when my apoc 2 hand blunt failed.. *sniff sniff* Just means more strider/wolf quests are in my near future. Ever server I have ever played if done either echos, striders, or wolves to make adenas...Still pissed they did away with echo crystals... those were my favorite! Id spam the hell out of those and have them play like 50 at a time :)

I am so excited about the crafting in Ashes... and hope there is a craft bonus for dwarf races since crafting is their legacy. Once a farmer/crafter, always a farmer/crafter!
  • Options
    I am excited about the crafting aswell. And about the classic servers , they are nice and all but they did alot of changes some good some bad overall changing the old classic experience into a modern one again. 
  • Options
    @KawasakiNinja yeah I wasn't too impressed, I think if i wanted to play something like that I'd play on private servers, where a lot of the donated crap is not possible because they are mostly L2J servers, and players are unaware of the other functionality of the game and possibilities, as I am still learning, and think its a bit OP'd some of the features they have installed in the game. 

I just hope when the day comes I can find a guild in the North American area that is passionate about the pve and quest aspects of the game. If not ive always found a home with clans from the UK. My L2 clan now is mostly UK. I totally miss parties and group accomplishments.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    I've played on a crapload of private servers from 2005 until 1 2 years ago. Although I still play sometimes. I also have an Other Wind Rider on Core. 
    I have to say that L2 is one of the 2 MMOS that have ever touched me. And I've tried many! The other one is, of course, WoW.