Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Lineage 2 Veteran Pub

If you have ever played L2 you know how great Ashes can and will be. Alot of what the dev team has talked about has been influenced by Lineage 2, for example the flagging and corruption system is L2.  Lineage 2 was Steven's favorite mmo and the dev team has alot of L2 play time. 

I invite all L2 vets to join me in the Ashes L2 Pub! Let's talk about our L2 history, comparisons to Ashes, and all other info that will help fill the hole L2 left in our hearts that Ashes will be filling! 

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully in Ashes we will be able to work off corruption with a grind. A little disappointing that it will lower your abilities depending on how much corruption you have. I think this might actually kill it.

I just wish the developers knew how well lineage 2's system worked and they can actually improve on it if anything
  • Options
    Oh I'll start out by saying for everyone that my servers in L2 were Kain -> Chronos under the characters named Xildjian, DPS and Spraxx. Hopefully i come across some old friends here
  • Options
    I was Bartz->Chronos, and my main was MagicGoat. Played roughly 9 years.
  • Options
    Halceon> Gustin 6 years from Open Beta
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Can't really call myself a Lineage 2 veteran, but it was my first ever MMO. I've played it on and off since I was about 10 both on official and countless private servers. This game has always had a special place in my heart! Will be following this post closely :D

PS: You can guess what my fav race in L2 is haha (hint, look at my profile picture)
  • Options
    @Nelirya nice! The Kamael race was fun, and if built up right was a pvp beast. I played a Dark elf nuker during the best years of my L2 career. 
  • Options
    Kamaels were so overpowered when first released lol. They were an awesome class but very hard to fight, especially with their little dashes back and forth.

I jumped back and forth between Human Dagger and Human Tank (2nd human dagger was permared). Because of the lack of tanks when the awakening classes released, I stayed tank as main. it was extremely rewarding due to how many parties always needed a tank (I never looked for more than 5 minutes) and I soon realized that a tank can hold his own in 1v1 PvP against almost any class.... except healers... I hated fighting healers, they whooped me bad :joy:
  • Options
    Nelirya said:
    Can't really call myself a Lineage 2 veteran, but it was my first ever MMO. I've played it on and off since I was about 10 both on official and countless private servers. This game has always had a special place in my heart! Will be following this post closely :D

PS: You can guess what my fav race in L2 is haha (hint, look at my profile picture)
    Have you ever played L2x? back in 2006ish timeframe? What servers did you play on? I'm just trying to see if I can catch anyone I might remember from my time in L2.
  • Options
    I was able to quick heal or cp pot myself through a fight with almost anyone, but a stacked Kamael when released gave me a hard time for sure.
  • Options
    For anyone who has L2 experience and loved the PvP aspect... feel free to help me create a strong core for a guild to focus on PvP. Lineage 2 players would be perfect

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/33144/enmity
  • Options
    @WinterAssassin I will for sure keep you in mind. Like I told you before, I feel L2 players will have the upper hand in Ashes in many ways.
  • Options
    L2 was my game in college. Played the hell out of that game. I need to find my screen shot of me standing in front of a dead Antharas
  • Options
    @Karthos that would be awesome. I recently removed alot of recordings and screen shots from my L2 days to free up space. Now I wish I didn't  :/ I miss my boss jewelry!
  • Options
    Nelirya said:

Have you ever played L2x? back in 2006ish timeframe? What servers did you play on? I'm just trying to see if I can catch anyone I might remember from my time in L2.
    Hmm.. can't honestly say I remember. It is very unlikely that anyone would ever recognize me, I used to mostly play alone, apart from the raid bosses from time to time. And I can't remember most of the server names I played on simply because I was like 10 or 11 and server names didn't mean anything to me back then haha!

@Karthos that would be awesome! And any other cool shots you might have would be so much appreciated... Same for anyone else, if you have some, please do share, I'm ready for a nostalgic trip down L2 memory lane :')
  • Options
    I can't for the life of me remember which server I played on, although at that point in time I was in Divine, went by Nimblefingers and Fireweaver as mains with Nimblefingers crafting a large amount of the early soulshots (who would have thought that not the most expensive armor actually gave the highest rate of mats to cost.).
  • Options
    I played L2 for quite a while. The farmers finally drove me out of the game. I hope AoC can prevent this game from being ridden with gold farmers being run out of overseas internet cafes.
  • Options
    Kritas said:
    I played L2 for quite a while. The farmers finally drove me out of the game. I hope AoC can prevent this game from being ridden with gold farmers being run out of overseas internet cafes.
    Yep, the bots had a choke hold on that game...
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Aww snap, L2 player checking in. Played a few characters on Kain from Open Beta through GoD. 
    Mithias (prophet/bd) was my main
  • Options
    LIONA vet here. started in ~2005.

As for the flag system I'm super pumped. I think if they add the debuff to RED characters that decreases performance the more corruption they have it will fix the main issue L2 had. The perma REDs that would not care they were red and super over powered were annoying. Now if they got a new stack of this "debuff" that made them eventually hit like a feather than this would incentivise them to work it off.
  • Options
    @MrWaffles

Definitely good thinking to the long term future their, "Perma Red" in the early days wasn't a huge issue because everyone was grinding so much on a primary character or two, as time goes on though and levelling becomes easier a swappable red guy wasn't a big deal/hard. At least an incentive to work it off would help balance both sides ability to grief or be griefed.
  • Options
    I love that we have some like minded people in this post :smile:
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Oh Lineage 2. I loved that game for so long but after a while, it just became a time sink with the grind/enchanting to become just too much. However private servers where there was balance, was way better. Also I loved the automated events in one of the servers I played on.

Edit: Oh and I played on Bartz as a spellhowler named Vaan21 since like right at the release of Chronicle 2. Can I get an amen for Cruma!?

Also a SS from when I found a bot that didnt know how to pick up after themselves.
  • Options
    Oh my one thought that just popped into my mind. Besides the flagging system that is greatly inspired by L2 I REALLY hope the music in Ashes will be as good as in L2. Some of my fondest memories from L2 was the music, especially in places such as Hunter's Village and Dion <3
  • Options
    Nelirya said:
    Oh my one thought that just popped into my mind. Besides the flagging system that is greatly inspired by L2 I REALLY hope the music in Ashes will be as good as in L2. Some of my fondest memories from L2 was the music, especially in places such as Hunter's Village and Dion <3
    Holy carp, Dion!  image
  • Options
    Those bots :angry: 

@mithias Another Kain player from the old days!!!! No Chance you knew any characters Xildjian, DPS or Spraxx?

@RhinoFireweaver I hope they keep it slow like the early days of L2. I liked the hard grind, much more rewarding than what it has become. But, Maybe this list of servers will jog your memory to whichever you belonged to?

Bartz | Sayha | Aria | Pheonix | Kain | Lionna | Erica | Gustin | Devianne | Hindemith | Teon | Franz | Magmeld | Luna | Shilen
  • Options
    Hello guys :) also played (and loved) Lineage2
    Started on Phoenix, merger into Chronos and later on transfered to Naia with my party. Eventually stoped playing when more of my friends left and the game sadly turned into heavy pay2win. Left it for ArcheAge ... which turned out the same way even faster x)

Anyway, Phoenix Knight is my love, and the only class i played till GoD ... after that Sigel Knight wasnt the same as before anymore :(
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I would like to invite all of you to please take a look at the forum post for the guild ENMITY. @WinterAssassin has done a amazing job putting it together and is currently building up the website. We want to start this guild with a Lineage 2 core. I strongly feel that L2 players will have an upper hand in a game such as Ashes due to the massive open world and the PvP system that will be very similar to Lineage 2's. L2 players can also grind with the best of them, so even in our off days we will be successful. 

Also if you have any Lineage 2 friends please direct them to our L2 Pub, and spread the good word of the soon to be powerhouse ENMITY!

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/33144/enmity#latest

@Donteflon  @Ezenkrul87
    @Lucie @Nelirya @Lunatik21 @RhinoFireweaver @mithias @AkaBear @Kritas @Karthos and @MrWaffles (I know you already checked it out MrWaffles, and you had some great questions!)
  • Options
    Lucie said:
    Hello guys :) also played (and loved) Lineage2
    Started on Phoenix, merger into Chronos and later on transfered to Naia with my party. Eventually stoped playing when more of my friends left and the game sadly turned into heavy pay2win. Left it for ArcheAge ... which turned out the same way even faster x)

LMAO I did the same thing. A lot of hopes for ArcheAge but became really pay2win. Which sucked b/c its open world pvp was like L2. Their court system was amazing in theory, but no one took it seriously and it ended up being duuuuumb.
  • Options
    Just had a read through the guild advert, sounds awesome! I wish you the very best with the guild and I'm sure it will attract a lot of players. :D I am EU based, so will unfortunately not be able to join myself

• Options
    @Nelirya don't let EU vs NA push you away. I work a graveyard shift in the US so my play hours would be your primetime most likely. I understand if they segregate based on region due to ping or something, but one of my greatest memories from L2 was playin with people from around the world. We are looking to make this as close to a 24/7 guild that we can. That could mean we join up with a heavy EU alliance, add alot of EU players, etc. Or maybe you could help organization an EU branch of ENMITY and possibly alliance with us down the road? Many possibilities. Just think about it and if you have any EU friends that may possibly join that may ballance our playtime scales. 

@WinterAssassin