Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What are you looking forward to in AoC?

I am asking this question to see what people want to see in AoC and why they want to see it. Me personally, I am interested in the environment and the node system.

Comments

• Options
    Playing the game.
  • Options
    I would say node system. Classes seem like fun but they aren't anything groundbreaking. Guilds and the crafting system are interesting too and I can't wait to find out more about those.
  • Options
    Rofus said:
    I would say node system. Classes seem like fun but they aren't anything groundbreaking. Guilds and the crafting system are interesting too and I can't wait to find out more about those.
    I can't wait till we actually play the game so we can see all these things work together :sunglasses:
  • Options
    I put down crafting, am very keen to see if the crafting system will really be one of the main pillars of the game as the dev's have said. But honestly all of the choices on your list come in a close second, so much of what has been outlined just fits my ideals of an mmo. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    I'm anticipating being to do many Quests that's not solely Kill-&-Reward,  many in-town & out-of-town LandMarks:

•  with those  Magical Bazaars  often depicted in Comics, 
    • Magical Libraries filled with Mystery & Discovery
    • Taverns filled with Tavern Games, messing with the NPC Bartender, Tavern's Inns ; seeing what i can find in Inn's Rooms (hopefully being random generated), and any other Trinkets used for a variety of sorts
    • Finding Underground Passages. INcluding it's many Access-Points hopefully found at many, Secretive / " Hard-to-Find " Areas. Very Similar to what i depicted in my Fan-Story ... hoping to dig too  :p
    • Fishing, getting accustomed to Swimming Animations, Finding Underwater Treasure, Underwater Creatures, Underwater Caverns ... possibly Underwater Nodes ?

Hoping for an in-depth, immersive thick forest.

Hoping for an in-depth, immersive thick. Very Similar to what mentioned on this Thread:

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/33184/zones-like-these-design#latest
    Page 1 & Page 2

Including this image:

Being able to Walk & Explore on each " Layer "

I'm hoping that the term, " Meta " , ... to not exist ; I want each Archetype to be viable in its own Unique way thus not making any Archetype-Combinations "obsolete" .

Don't want to be " Spoon-fed " everything, i want to actually " look " for things, i want my NPCs opponents to give me an actual Challenge - including the " Regular " / Low-Levels NPC Opponents ... including at Level 1. 

That includes Tactics, Defensive Spells, maybe 1 or 2 Minor Healing Spells ... and maybe Spacing-Tactics ? Maybe a little more ?

Lastly, I'm hoping for Slow-Level Progressiont, I'm hoping for EXP to distributed separately on other tasks - each Activity to have its own, independent Leveling-Rate.

( another thing i mentioned in another Thread )

Including for a Diverse amount of " Magical Potions " that's not solely for Restoring HP / MP - other uses

Another thing I've mentioned on this Thread:
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/33994/potions#latest

, such as ... 

Potion " X " =  

turns me into a Object ( think of Prop Hunt  :p ) , Temporarily allows me to become Invisible for a Short time, once thrown & smashes on the Ground = 

a Water Explosion, Wind Explosion, etc .. 

and/or

Causes the Proximity of an Area to possess Hazardous Effects on the Player ( for a small period of time )

In short ... every Thread I've posted, I'd hope to see some sort of it  :D:D:D 

• Options
    I wish it was able to vote for more then one
  • Options
    Where is my ability to vote for "A decent MMO for once!" but since that isn't there.
    I voted for community, after playing WoW since Vanilla and trying to swap to Asian MMO's in recent years, there has been a lack of a friendly, helpful community which I hope we've found with AoC.
  • Options
    OnyxTN said:
    Where is my ability to vote for "A decent MMO for once!" but since that isn't there.
    I voted for community, after playing WoW since Vanilla and trying to swap to Asian MMO's in recent years, there has been a lack of a friendly, helpful community which I hope we've found with AoC.
    I tried to focus more on the games features but you are correct with how its gonna be a decent mmo, although I haven't personally played many mmos's, from doing research this one sounds great
  • Options
    drdebica said:
    I wish it was able to vote for more then one
    I don't blame you this games going to be great
  • Options
    Eragale said:
    I'm anticipating being to do many Quests that's not solely Kill-&-Reward,  many in-town & out-of-town LandMarks:

•  with those  Magical Bazaars  often depicted in Comics, 
    • Magical Libraries filled with Mystery & Discovery
    • Taverns filled with Tavern Games, messing with the NPC Bartender, Tavern's Inns ; seeing what i can find in Inn's Rooms (hopefully being random generated), and any other Trinkets used for a variety of sorts
    • Finding Underground Passages. INcluding it's many Access-Points hopefully found at many, Secretive / " Hard-to-Find " Areas. Very Similar to what i depicted in my Fan-Story ... hoping to dig too  :p
    • Fishing, getting accustomed to Swimming Animations, Finding Underwater Treasure, Underwater Creatures, Underwater Caverns ... possibly Underwater Nodes ?

Hoping for an in-depth, immersive thick forest.

Hoping for an in-depth, immersive thick. Very Similar to what mentioned on this Thread:

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/33184/zones-like-these-design#latest
    Page 1 & Page 2

Including this image:

Being able to Walk & Explore on each " Layer "

I'm hoping that the term, " Meta " , ... to not exist ; I want each Archetype to be viable in its own Unique way thus not making any Archetype-Combinations "obsolete" .

Don't want to be " Spoon-fed " everything, i want to actually " look " for things, i want my NPCs opponents to give me an actual Challenge - including the " Regular " / Low-Levels NPC Opponents ... including at Level 1. 

That includes Tactics, Defensive Spells, maybe 1 or 2 Minor Healing Spells ... and maybe Spacing-Tactics ? Maybe a little more ?

Lastly, I'm hoping for Slow-Level Progressiont, I'm hoping for EXP to distributed separately on other tasks - each Activity to have its own, independent Leveling-Rate.

( another thing i mentioned in another Thread )

Including for a Diverse amount of " Magical Potions " that's not solely for Restoring HP / MP - other uses

Another thing I've mentioned on this Thread:
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/33994/potions#latest

, such as ... 

Potion " X " =  

turns me into a Object ( think of Prop Hunt  :p ) , Temporarily allows me to become Invisible for a Short time, once thrown & smashes on the Ground = 

a Water Explosion, Wind Explosion, etc .. 

and/or

Causes the Proximity of an Area to possess Hazardous Effects on the Player ( for a small period of time )

saasdasdas In short ... every Thread I've posted, I'd hope to see some sort of it  :D:D:D 

haha, I like your ideas and from what Intrepid are doing so far you may be lucky to that they have implimented any of these features, the actual game has a year and a half until beta so you never know
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Your poll is completely missing PvP options. :)

I would vote on castle sieges, GvG PvP, open PvP, caravans, and stuff like that.

Of course I love all other things as well, open world housing, and everything.
    But I would vote on everything connected with PvP primarily.

Thus I voted on community, since PvP is mostly about active and fun community, willing to engage it, and have some fun times.
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    Your poll is completely missing PvP options. :)

I would vote on castle sieges, GvG PvP, open PvP, caravans, and stuff like that.

Of course I love all other things as well, open world housing, and everything.
    But I would vote on everything connected with PvP primarily.

Thus I voted on community, since PvP is mostly about active and fun community, willing to engage it, and have some fun times.
    I more of a PvE person thats why I included mobs, totally forgot about pvp and how its open word and with the new arena concept
  • Options
    @Gothix Thank you, I wanted to vote for PvP and you enlightened me. War brings people together in games and real life  :D

• Options
    @Ketchup

Hope so  o:)o:)o:)o:)
    I guess thats the result of thinking / expecting too much ?  :s
  • Options
    Eragale said:
    @Ketchup

Hope so  o:)o:)o:)o:)
    I guess thats the result of thinking / expecting too much ?  :s
    I wouldn't worry as the game as already looking great and we have another 1 and half years till alpha/beta so imagine how badass it will be then
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    The nodes sounds like it will be very interesting to see how it will affect the environment and monsters in the area.
  • Options
    Everything?
  • Options
    I don't see a "Caravan" option, because I'm psyched for the economic system! I want fluctuating economies, supply and demand depending on the area the town is in, i.e.(the ocean will have lots of fish, crab, pearls, but the inland areas don't, so it could be sold for a profit there). I want to see different economies for each node, inflation, depression, recession, the ability too create your own currency!

Okay I may have taken that a little far, but you get what I mean. 
  • Options
    @Infernoid
    like Mining for Gems ?  o:)
  • Options
    I didn't vote because the "all of the above" option was missing.
  • Options
    The Node system, aka a world evolving with players actions is THE one thing of Ashes of Creation in my opinion that differentiate this game from any other. Its also the base of on which stand every other feature of the game.

Very interested with the environment, lore, combat and of course community but its really the Node system that got my interest up.
  • Options
    The whole "Winter will freeze rivers and lakes" really interested me as well as building my own farm and house hehe
  • Options
    just more looking forward to  a new game with a good team behind it and one that will listen to the players 
  • Options
    RP, so I voted community, which came closest. :)
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to seeing a working node system. Its going to be really cool.
  • Options
    I'm looking forward the game that is Ashes of Creation.

hehehe~
  • Options
    Relwoh said:
    I'm looking forward to seeing a working node system. Its going to be really cool.
    @Relwoh I like the node system as how it effects the environment with the stages and how you can be the monster destroying the place with a monster coin.