Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PAX Store now open! Alpha / Beta access and Cosmetics!

Comments

• Options
    Just joined haven't looked much. But I am Interested in purchasing a Pass but need to find something on necessary requirements.  Been out of the gaming genre for so long because nothing like this is out so I am sure that I can't play even if I had a pass.  If anyone has a link to give me on requirements I'd appreciate incase I can't find something.

Thanks,
  • Options
    There will be no retail version; in fact, the game is free to download, but there is a monthly subscription which, at this point in time, is going to be $15 a month.   Of course, you still don't have to buy Alpha or Beta access if you want to wait for launch where the game will be fresh for you.
  • Options
    I think the prices are rather crazy just to get into test phases and basicly nothing else :/   

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    wow, at the prices  :o
  • Options
    Good morning friends. We can confirm that the PAX packages available on the store are cumulative. Meaning in purchasing the LIMITED - PAX Exclusive Alpha Package (Gain Access to Alpha 2 (Persistent Alpha), you do receive the PAX Exclusive Beta (Gain Access to Beta 2) Access as well. Thanks <3
  • Options
    so anyone know the projected Alpha and beta times?? just wondreing
  • Options
    Any chance at releasing pax AOC merchandise on the website? The hats are dope. I want some!!
  • Options
    Beta purchased to nab that trade ship. My Orc and his crew of monsters and maniacs will rule the waves with a blood red fist!!
  • Options
    I can't wait for December!
  • Options
    Blake said:
    Any chance at releasing pax AOC merchandise on the website? The hats are dope. I want some!!
    they stated that the merch would be going up after PAX so stay tuned for that :smile:

• Options
    Just joined haven't looked much. But I am Interested in purchasing a Pass but need to find something on necessary requirements.  Been out of the gaming genre for so long because nothing like this is out so I am sure that I can't play even if I had a pass.  If anyone has a link to give me on requirements I'd appreciate incase I can't find something.

Thanks,
    there are no official requirements released atm, once the game is further in development and closer to alpha/beta/launch we should see them then. this is what can be found in the FAQ's on the website  

and this is what machines they are currently using to build the game have

hope that helps :) 
  • Options
    Does it mean Alpha 2 and Beta 2 is ONLY for People that buy these packs?
  • Options
    If you buy the Alpha 2 package you get Beta 2 with it. Still waiting on dev confirmation that they receive Beta 1.
    If you buy Beta 2, well, you're done. Nothing after that but live.
    If you bought a KS BoW or above you have access to all 4 purchased alpha and betas. You are in Alpha 1 and Alpha 2, Beta 1 and Beta 2. Each KS or Summer backer tier gained all the "keys" of the tiers lower to them.
    To get into Alpha 0 or Beta 0 you have to win a key. Keywinners do NOT have access to the purchased testing, unless of course they have bought those.
    @Belewyn is working with the devs on an official announcement clearing all this up, should be soon(tm).
  • Options
    Macamus said:
    Does it mean Alpha 2 and Beta 2 is ONLY for People that buy these packs?
    alpha 2 and beta 2  were also available in the KS and summer store, and will most likely be available at a later date as well
  • Options
    This is coming from someone who will play mmo or even beta of any kind for the first time so I have a question:
    Will the savedata from beta/alpha Carry forward to the finished game?
    And if I buy beta now will I still have to pay for the finished game?
    I know these are obvious questions, so obvious that no one in forum said anything about it
    I know cause I read almost all of it but I have no idea what happens in these betas...
  • Options

This is coming from someone who will play mmo or even beta of any kind for the first time so I have a question:
    Will the savedata from beta/alpha Carry forward to the finished game?
    And if I buy beta now will I still have to pay for the finished game?
    I know these are obvious questions, so obvious that no one in forum said anything about it
    I know cause I read almost all of it but I have no idea what happens in these betas...
    Game data in Alpha / Beta phases remains locked to said phase.
    The game has no out of box cost and is projected to be a 15$ per month subscription fee.
  • Options
    Well, since I waited for too long and missed out on the kickstarter campaign, just to also miss the summer campaign, I surely am not missing the chance again on this one.

225$ is much just for a few exclusives and alpha 2 access and upwards, but everyone has to decide whether it is worthwhile for him personally or not.

For me it definitely is, as being able to access the Alpha 2 basically until release is huge. Progress will obviously get wiped, but at least you get to play whenever you want from Alpha 2 onwards and get to test all new additions and changes.

I intend to quit smoking anyway, so that will make up for it.
  • Options
    When are the racial buttons, Intrepid clothing, etc. going to be sold on your Store?
  • Options
    FliP said:
    Well, since I waited for too long and missed out on the kickstarter campaign, just to also miss the summer campaign, I surely am not missing the chance again on this one.

225$ is much just for a few exclusives and alpha 2 access and upwards, but everyone has to decide whether it is worthwhile for him personally or not.

For me it definitely is, as being able to access the Alpha 2 basically until release is huge. Progress will obviously get wiped, but at least you get to play whenever you want from Alpha 2 onwards and get to test all new additions and changes.

I totally agree With you. But I am somewhat hoping towards they will selling packs that includes subtime as well later on before Alpha 2 phase starts. as you say it just comes With a few exclusives and privledges to test the game. Comparing With the 150$kickstarter pack that also gave Access to alpha 2 it included 4 months subtime so thats 60$ Worth and also Access to 1 day early headstart on live launch. so thats basicly 90$ for the alpha key there. the PAX one is more than twice and doesnt have headstart day. Thats a huge difference

• Options
    FliP said:

A better option by far mate.    :wink:
  • Options
    So these are cosmetics and a pet they revealed at PAX that we can buy? 
  • Options
    Caelron said
    Is it possible to "just" purchase one of the cosmetics, such as the ship or the Seahawk?
    I'm really only interested in the Ship - especially since the Summer Crowd Funding didn't get close to unlocking the Intrepid Ship skin.
    Are there reference pics of the cosmetics? I cant find them. Would like to know what Im buying.
  • Options
    Caelron said
    Is it possible to "just" purchase one of the cosmetics, such as the ship or the Seahawk?
    I'm really only interested in the Ship - especially since the Summer Crowd Funding didn't get close to unlocking the Intrepid Ship skin.
    Are there reference pics of the cosmetics? I cant find them. Would like to know what Im buying.
    at the bottom of the post there is a link to the cosmetics :smile:
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/34998/some-concept-art-from-the-pax-packages#latest
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Belewyn said:
    Good morning friends. We can confirm that the PAX packages available on the store are cumulative. Meaning in purchasing the LIMITED - PAX Exclusive Alpha Package (Gain Access to Alpha 2 (Persistent Alpha), you do receive the PAX Exclusive Beta (Gain Access to Beta 2) Access as well. Thanks <3
    You should write this information on the shop/shop items because there it belongs ;-)
    Question: Does the Alpha 2 also gain Access to Beta 1? (cause you wrote explicit Beta 2)
  • Options
    Another Question: Pax Package sound like "you only can buy it, if you were at the pax... cause its a PAX Package". But everybody can buy it, right?
  • Options
    Co1m said:
    Another Question: Pax Package sound like "you only can buy it, if you were at the pax... cause its a PAX Package". But everybody can buy it, right?
    To answer both of your questions.

The Alpha 2 Package should also grant you access to beta 1 and 2, if I read correctly. 

I believe the package is called PAX because it was meant for the incoming people that heard about this game during pax, but everyone can buy the package as the content is not related to PAX.

I bought a pack successfully and I didn't attend PAX.
  • Options
    Co1m said:
    the PAX packages are only available for a short time only, and the cosmetics are PAX themed, anyone, can purchase these packages
  • Options
    and we working on getting confirmation that beta 1 is included in the PAX packages, atm we only know that alpha 2 pack contains beta 2
  • Options
    I couldn't afford the keys, but i went ahead and purchased the cosmetic pack.  Hopefully i'll get lucky with the key giveaways, otherwise I'll have to wait until i can save enough for the next sale.
  • Options
    I purchased the Alpha key and you have no idea how stoked I am for this game... well I do, but this game has gave me new life in the genre. A lot of games held promise but ultimately fell flat on what I was looking for. But this, this is what I want! Ha
This discussion has been closed.