Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Wishlist - Weapons

12346»

Comments

• I would really like that there not be those absurd gigantic gaudy anime style weapons.
    If I was in charge I would draw heavily from real melee weapons of all cultures. I just hate looking at a weapon in a game and thinking "there is no way you could wield that, and if you did a guy with a rock would own you", which happens a lot in games I play.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    On the subject of skins, and perhaps a bit of a hijack:
    I would like it if most loot was in the form of crafting materials. Rare materials used to craft your preferred weapon. This gives the basic effect of skins but is a bit more realistic and immersiony (yeah not a word, yet!).
    As an example:
    You kill a dragon, scales useful for armor, shields, and such. Perhaps the magical nature of dragons gives their blood the property of being a powerful quench used to temper weapons, horns can be shaped into....you get the point.
    The end result is you can take "dragon bits" to a craftsman, or do it yourself, to build whatever end form of that special weapon you want but having basically the same stats as any other weapon using the same rare components.

So no more, or less of,  of that "the damn hammer dropped and not the dagger like I wanted" or "I am using this spear that I hate because it has good stats".
  • @greenlights6 I loved playing with a polearm in lineage 2 as a dwarf lol! It was so ridiculous walking around with such a huge weapon on such a small brawny race. Id like to see a wide variety of weapons, but stray away from everything having crazy particle effects or wild colors, unless the item deserves the attention (boss gear, event item, one time drop). Also nothing from eastern mmos
  • I have always been a fan of spears/halberds/polearms, but I rarely get to use them, given that in most games they're only aesthetically pleasing, and totally outclassed by other weapons. To be fair, I haven't played that many games, but, with that said, it seems they're often not an option, or ridiculously underpowered. I'll even take a shield/spear combo a la spartan, even that would make me happy.
    I would like to see spears too. Spears are usually underused and bypassed by other weapons. Give me spear and my fighter/rogue will start to impale people. 

• I have always been a fan of spears/halberds/polearms, but I rarely get to use them, given that in most games they're only aesthetically pleasing, and totally outclassed by other weapons. To be fair, I haven't played that many games, but, with that said, it seems they're often not an option, or ridiculously underpowered. I'll even take a shield/spear combo a la spartan, even that would make me happy.
    So true, please give to my fighter/tank a spear and a shield, and 2-3 javelins ;)
  • Chained Chakram, whip, and Caestus
  • I would like the idea of the movie ''House of the flying daggers''
    Long robes wich you can attack with or they have a thin sword at the end.
  • Okieboo said:
    I would like the idea of the movie ''House of the flying daggers''
    Long robes wich you can attack with or they have a thin sword at the end.
    I would love to use that with my renkai orc aong with a chacram.
  • I will be happy if they will have 1 handed spears. So I can use it with a shield. And actually have stabbing animations with spears instead of only slashing. 
  • Warkov said:

What did you do to my people. This will not stand. Revenge!
  • nagash said:
    Warkov said:

That is the wand of your people.  It's a testament to the versatility of the undead. Now where did I put that skull shield at...hmmm
  • Warkov said:
    nagash said:
    Warkov said:

That is the wand of your people.  It's a testament to the versatility of the undead. Now where did I put that skull shield at...hmmm
    Revenge!

• As others have said, I've always wished I could have a whip as a viable main hand weapon, or even a shortsword with an offhand whip.
  • I would love to see unknown magical weapons that take on odd shapes. You are the first person to discover it, no one knows what the heck it is, so you get to name it when you pick it up. That would make me hella happy. 
  • I'm a sucker for chain weapons - not so much flails and the like... more along the lines of the Kusarigama (Chain-Sickle).

Image result for kusarigama

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but chains and whips excite me   ;)
  • Sikuba said:
    I'm a sucker for chain weapons - not so much flails and the like... more along the lines of the Kusarigama (Chain-Sickle).

Image result for kusarigama

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but chains and whips excite me   ;)
    if sticks and stones break your bones then you need more dark magic ^^
  • nagash said:
    if sticks and stones break your bones then you need more dark magic ^^
    I tend to channel my dark magic away from direct defense. While strong, unyielding bones are a perfectly valid way to intimidate and demolish foes, I prefer to channel my efforts into reparation.

The crushing impact of an enemy's blow and their ensuing triumph quickly transitions into desperation and horror as they realize their attacks are ineffective and that they have let their guard down. The living are so narrow-minded, believing that broken means defeated. I take it upon myself to enlighten them, and take immense pleasure in doing so. Strong enemies are much more enjoyable, as they occasionally live long enough to notice the blade that I have run through their chest before they enter the void.

Does this make me a little bit of a masochist? Perhaps. But I can exist with that.   ;)
  • I would like to see Javelins, Blow pipes,  throwing knifes, flails and different kind of pole arms. 
  • Artifacts and relics. Hopefully we won't just get weapons from loot/drops *just* dependent on level. I'd like weapons to have their own unique flavor/aspect as they get more powerful. Something similar to Might and Magic or Dungeons and Dragons.