What class/sub-class are you wanting to play? Why?

Having trouble choosing an archetype. Wanting to know what you think.

List of Class Archetypes / Subclasses

I assume that your Primary class will affect the way that you sub-class compliments it. E.G. A fighter cleric might mix into a vampirism fighter or something like that.

Let me know what you think! :) Id love to know your plans and planned play-style.

Comments

• I am interested in other people's perspectives as well. So I just thought I would drop this in here and see what shows up. Thanks for your comment.
  • I usually don't play support characters or summons oriented casters, but this time I want to try the Songcaller (Bard/Summoner).

I think the Enchanter will be a summoner that has increased abilities through Bard on buffing their summons. Like enchanting your summons in the way I would historically use enchant... 'make more magical.'

The Songcaller I am not really sure about. Since the Bard is primary, the character will naturally be a buff oriented support class but I am unsure of how a summoner secondary would affect it. The only thing I can think is that the Bard can start calling forth summons to replace buffs or act as distractions etc..., but this doesn't fit in with the augment as much as it would a traditional multi-class set up.

Either way, I am going to play/test the Songcaller first chance I get.
  • Cool! I am thinking of blending a healer with a fighter / tank / or mage. I like the idea of self sustainability, but still being able to do something during times where healing is not necessary. That and everyone likes to be immortal
  • Im going for the Warlock!!

Why you may ask: Ive always loved 'slightly dark' magic users in my RPGs. I play as a Warlock in my D and D campaigns and one of my favourite all time characters in Fantasy is Raistlin from Dragon Lance. He is my biggest influence.

• I've got a few characters rolling around in my head.

A Niküa Summoner, conjurer or enchanter.

A Dünir Dreadnought or Knight. I need to see the fighter play style first before I decide. Either way this one weilds a warhammer.

Kaelar Falconer. I want to see a ranger without a bow before I feel to comfortable with this pick. I want a walking stick/staff and an aviary companion to explore the woods with. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    I am an explorer/adventurer who is often out when many sleep.
    So I normally have to deal with encounters alone, or avoid them entirely.
    Tank/Rogue or Rogue/Tank will probably be how I end up.
    A scout of sorts will probably be the most compatible profession.
    I love jumping in to help others out, when they are in trouble, at the spur of the moment too..so tank fits the bill.
  • Rogue/Rogue or Rogue/Ranger or Ranger/Rogue. I have played a rogue in world of warcraft since the release of it so I kinda want to carry on my rogue legacy into a new game. Also in D&D I played a Thief and a Ranger in multiple campaings. So there is a ton of background for me there. Also I am assuming Rogues will have some sort of stealth or concealment or way to hide. And I think this would be a great asset when out gathering or adventuring on your own.
    edited March 2018
    Rogue/Rogue or Rogue/Ranger or Ranger/Rogue. I have played a rogue in world of warcraft since the release of it so I kinda want to carry on my rogue legacy into a new game. Also in D&D I played a Thief and a Ranger in multiple campaings. So there is a ton of background for me there. Also I am assuming Rogues will have some sort of stealth or concealment or way to hide. And I think this would be a great asset when out gathering or adventuring on your own.
    At the very least you will be able to avoid physical traps you would otherwise suffer.
  • Im waiting to play a rogue mage. Im excited to see how they mesh those two classes together.
  • {KEEPER} how ever I change my mind everyday  :D
  • Arch-wizard or Knight, Im disapointed no elemental mage though....
  • I am hoping the Mage is Elemental Magic based, so hopefully your Arch-Mage will be a powerful elementalist!
  • Mage/Mage first, because Pew Pew.
    edited March 2018
    I might do Fighter/ Mage or Fighter/ Summoner for the Lulz tbh xD
    idk yet

EDIT: Or maybe Mage/ Fighter or Summoner/ Fighter
  • i'm interested in whether the soul weaver (bard & cleric) will be a healer or support but i think i'm gonna wanna play that one either way.
  • Xombie said:
    Mage/Mage first, because Pew Pew.
    Same. Mage/mage will be my main - I always play the highest DPS pure caster (as in - no pets) in ant MMO I play.

Will then add a tank/tank and cleric/cleric as my two main alts, and from there I'll experiment with other combos and such.
  • We need plenty of DPS, so I have people to boss around as the tank :smiley:

• Will be starting a Tank sub Cleric.. Paladin, Will also be trying out the Knight as well. I prefer the Sword and Board aesthetic. Plus I do like the fact that (from the videos I have seen) You can pick up almost any weapon in-game and learn it. This has been missing in a LOT of games that I'm interested in. 
  • I am leaning more toward tank/tank, tank/fighter, or fighter/tank (DREADNAUGHT just sounds so fucking amazing). I will try tank/bard and tank/summoner as well to see what happens.
  • Looking forward to the support builds, usually in high demand so you get to progress quickly into the game with one. so mostly cleric+??? or ???+cleric also looking forward to a few of the summoner builds
  • When I was introduced to DnD, 2nd edition or maybe 3rd, I wanted to play a rogue/cleric.  TSR wouldn't allow it for some unexplained reason, so for that reason I'm going to try a cultist, a minion that might worship a trickster god and steals religious artifacts from other religions.
    edited March 2018
    I hope the developers look into additional multiclassing and not just the two.  A perfect example is an MMO called Istaria:Chronicles of the Gifted (i.e. Horizons). The game allows you to pick up any class with the same character, equippng 2 at a time creating the "Archetype" as proposed for this game, however if you "master" a skill in one of the other classes, that skill could be bound to a hotkey (total of 10 hotkeys, removable) and used even when on the other class type. 

For example, a lvl 100 mage, plus lvl 100 ranger, plus both a lvl70 tank, with lvl 25 Healer equipped (self healing tank type)- could still use a couple of the masteries from Mage, and Ranger, even if those lvl 100 classes were not equipped.

Once more and more classes were mastered, the players rank could go beyond lvl100 to show that there were additional masteries. I believe lvl 225 was the max.   

Having this would allow players to have almost infinite growth with a single character. 
  • It honestly just depends how archetypes are going to work out. From the class names I can say I'm definitely interested in playing a Necromancer, Shadowmancer, Warlock, and Shadow Caster, especially if they play like their names imply. 

Necromancer - undead pets and death magic

Shadowmancer - shadowy pets with possible CC and support

Warlock - MOAR DOTS

Shadow Caster - shadow themed spells, I can imagine shadowy tentacles snaring                                    enemies while applying a dot

I highly doubt that classes are going to play traditionally like the names imply, depending on how subclasses actually impact primary classes is what will determine my class choices. I'm looking forward to actually seeing demonstrations of archetypes to evaluate what we want to play. 
  • Siren prolly
  • Whatever offers the best ranged single target dps and glass cannon potential.
  • Cool! I am thinking of blending a healer with a fighter / tank / or mage. I like the idea of self sustainability, but still being able to do something during times where healing is not necessary. That and everyone likes to be immortal
    In the distant past when I played D&D, a time when people would gather together in a location to play, I always played a healer who perhaps liked to brew beer too much yet did not have too much belly extension to swing a decent hammer.

I will likely play a support type character; it simply feels right to me.

• Py'Rai Beastmaster, to get my naturistic WoW Hunter playstyle on.
  • Rogue, Ranger and mage for me
  • Vek Cleric/Summoner
    Orc Shaman!