What class/sub-class are you wanting to play? Why?

Comments

• I'll likely go High priest or Templar. While I prefer to do dps classes, I end up being a good healer. Might make a Hawkeye/soulbow/scout also.
  • Necromancer bc it Sound soo evil i mean using Monsters to Support your Team or steal HP of your enemies to let them suffer the Necromancer is the Badass Cleric subclass 
  • Necromancer bc it Sound soo evil i mean using Monsters to Support your Team or steal HP of your enemies to let them suffer the Necromancer is the Badass Cleric subclass 
    Do you have time to talk about the glorious cult of the dead ^^
  • Archmage forever <3
  • I will pick a shadow lord!

Why?

Because I want to sneak up in stealth to my enemys and curse them to death. :)

• Bard/Healer everyone will love my music.
  • Bard/Healer everyone will love my music.
  • Xombie said:
    Mage/Mage first, because Pew Pew.
    lmao this is why im going mage
    #PewPew
  • Necro... i want to raise the dead and have them do my bidding.  I want to be a walking army of the dead  
  • First I'm so jacked for the class combos...I mean 64 total possible class combos...that's amazing. Though I do have a little fear of --  first - how do you balance and worry about mechanic issues with so many class combos...there's current MMO's that can't keep 12 classes balanced... and secondly -- with so many combos is each one unique enough to really be....well "unique"....(In other words I'm worried with so many combos -- will they cinch out and make some look or play like duplicates of others)....

But that aside ... I locked onto three I'm super intrigued to play...

BattleMage (Fighter / Mage -- um...yes please!)
    Predator (Ranger / Rogue -- I mean ....c'mon that's just sexy)
    Warlock (Summoner / Mage - I always play an MMORPGs version of a warlock)

• I'm going for high priest or protector, the cleric line. 
    Honestly I'll try a few classes and get a feel for them.
    In the end the right class finds me.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited May 2018
    Been trying to find where to see all classers.....................(blind as a bat ( Someone point him----------------------------------------------------------->
  • Shadow Lord, cause that's me!!!
    I'm a sneaky sneak with demons at my back.

and for those looking for the class list:
    <a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/class-list/" title="Link: https://www.ashesofcreation.com/class-list/">https://www.ashesofcreation.com/class-list/</a>

edited May 2018
    See I was planning on following @Nagash with the whole necro thing... but now I am unsure seeing the more stuff I read on the concept of Religion in the game... I have heard that there will be religion specific quests so if there is a diety in the pantheon  that specifically is in charge of the undead mantle I might end up as a high priest focusing on that path trying to corrupt a node into his/her worship... 

So Necro, Cultist, or something in the cleric tree depending on how the whole Religion system is fleshed out... (lol...pun intended?) 
  • See I was planning on following @Nagash with the whole necro thing... but now I am unsure seeing the more stuff I read on the concept of Religion in the game... I have heard that there will be religion specific quests so if there is a diety in the pantheon  that specifically is in charge of the undead mantle I might end up as a high priest focusing on that path trying to corrupt a node into his/her worship... 
    Thats a great thing join the cult of the dead ^^
  • Anything with primary bard! I am so bard starved. There is no good bard class in newer mmo's at all!

Might stay pure bard, or mix it with summoner/cleric/mage. Still deciding. It'll depend which one of these I'll like the most and which one I'll make as my second character.
    Bard/summoner sounds fun though. But if bard/cleric could be good enough healer on his own I'd go with him definitely!
  • I want to play either the Argent (Tank/Bard) or the Bladedancer (Fighter/Bard)

It seems a write off for the Bladedancer as that will likely be more damage orientated and I'm a defensive player normally. That said here's my logic from what little we know.

Ever since the Kickstarted when they said they would have the 2 class system I wanted to be a "Commander" (Tank/Bard) although the name is different i feel it will be the same thing.
    I stand on the front line, Call buffs and moral support to my group/raid/allies and can debuff and demoralise my enemies.While sat behind a shield with the sole purpose of taking  the attention of combat and repelling damage from my team.
    As I want to lead a guild i feel it's a strong class as a leader and general for lore reasons.
    Even if in the end the class isn't like this I will likely take this to end game first.

No for the Bladedancer. Still with little info beyond the second class choose alters/changes the first. This may be more of a buff-self-and-go-crazy-till-you-die kinda thing. and that might appeal to me as I like the craze and panic of combat. this could be some fun. However, it will likely not be my first or even second choose until I know more.
    Still, I plan on opening a mercinary guild... crazy might be the only thing to lead it. 

;)
  • Like @TimmyS7F I'm going to go shaman(summoner/cleric) for a support class. I want to see what kind of skills one would have as a shaman. Also what summons if any would be used by this particular class. Or would we just use totems to augment our abilities. Can't wait to find out.
  • Well what I want is to play a Death Knight/Anti Paladin sort of character as I love the mechanics and aesthetics associated with such. So possibly Necromancer or one of the many Fighter/Tank, Cleric, Rogue combinations.

I NEED a Death God in Ashes, as that would be fantastic (Praise Nagash)
  • In no particular order. These sounds interesting:
    Weapon master. Dreadnought, shadowblade, hunter, spellsword, keeper, assassin (curious what they do with such a class), predator, nightspell, shadowlord, strider, scout, hawkeye, scion, fallconer, soulbow, battlemage, shadowcaster, spellhunter, warlock, wildblade, shadowmancer, beastmaster, spellmancer, conjurer, necromancer, shadow disciple, soulweaver
  • insomnia said:
    In no particular order. These sounds interesting:
    Weapon master. Dreadnought, shadowblade, hunter, spellsword, keeper, assassin (curious what they do with such a class), predator, nightspell, shadowlord, strider, scout, hawkeye, scion, fallconer, soulbow, battlemage, shadowcaster, spellhunter, warlock, wildblade, shadowmancer, beastmaster, spellmancer, conjurer, necromancer, shadow disciple, soulweaver
    You just named half of the classes  :*
  • In most every MMO I've played, I've mained caster classes.  And, Ashes offers a LOT of caster options to choose one.  I'm indefinite about which one I'm zeroing in on (though Necro if probably a front-runner). 

I'm excited to learn more about the classes as we proceed, and how that would influence my decision.  Ultimately, whichever one suits my idea character, and seems the most fun, to me.
  • I really hope they put in treasure hunting. If they do I'm thinking Predator or Shadow Lord.
  • Ranger/Everything else! I've always been an archer at my core. So I can't wait to see what builds are possible.

• I will at least test these out and might even play all as well. No idea of main at this point though. Chosen class is also highly dependant of the activity.)
    • Fighter/rogue/human (PvP centric, especially open world PvP, soloing)
    • Cleric/tank/dwarf (PvE, especially for raiding)
    • Bard/rogue/elf (PvE, especially for raiding and maybe to group PvP events)
    • Summoner/ X / orc (depends how will be implemented, PvX)
  • nagash said:
    insomnia said:
    In no particular order. These sounds interesting:
    You just named half of the classes  :*
    I kind of realised it, as i was writing it :) Some do sound more interesting than others. Thinking of fx dreadnought in other games, that might not be so interesting. The first class might be a hard pick for me. But going with past experience, it might be a fighter type
  • Tank/something.  I know I want to be a sword/shield guy but I don't think I'll have any idea what subclass to be until I try them out.
    edited May 2018
    Ranger/Rogue.
    Simply put I can keep my enemies at bay from a safe distance but when i need to get in and out quietly and effectively I'll be able to use the shadows to my advantage.
  • Conjurer, Necromancer, Or Enchanter. I really want to main summoner but that really depends on how they handle them. If I don't like the feel/style of summoner I'll probably main a rogue, bard, or ranger.
  • Loyheta said:
    Conjurer, Necromancer, Or Enchanter. I really want to main summoner but that really depends on how they handle them. If I don't like the feel/style of summoner I'll probably main a rogue, bard, or ranger.
    Welcome to the cult ^^