What class/sub-class are you wanting to play? Why?

Comments

• Ranged single target DPS, glass canon for life. I remain undecided on class still.
  • Spellsword as most litrpg I read, the MC tends to be one and they sound awesone
    Or a spellshield as I quite like having a shield and sounds different :)
  • I feel so torn! All of the Mage-as-primary combinations intrigue me. Same with Cleric. And bard. Yikes... I'm going to have to make my mind up within the next year and a half. :open_mouth:
  • Summoner/Bard

because it ends up as some awesome combo, I think it will be the rarest combo, and thus very interesting to explore with.

• rogue/cleric so that way she can start her own cult of the mighty Lord Platinum.
  • Cleric/Mage = Oracle.
    Hopefully it will be good enough at healing as to not get kicked from dungeon parties. DPSing when not healing is the best.

Otherwise a Tank/Summoner = Brood Warden. If its tanking capabilities are going to be proper. There should be some nice interactions with having minions that do stuff while you're busy tanking.

If not then... Cleric/Cleric or Tank/Tank :smiley:
  • very interested in that necromancer combination, i wonder if it will be like gw2 where you have tons of AOE dots, and tons of different abilities to help you stay alive, but also be useful for your team, as well as do formidable damage that the enemy cant simply ignore you. 

You dont see the necromancer race very often in mmo's anymore, very happy they have it here.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    I'm looking forward to taking up the mantle of Shaman from back in my WoW days. A Necromancer would probably be fun, too.

Lok'Tar Ogar
    edited April 2018
    Rogue/mage..
    Quick, hard DPS that'll teleport at the enemy? Uhhh.. Yes to the anti-glass cannon class. xD
  • Ranger/Mage for me... I dont know why, but it just seems like a weird combination, which makes me want to try it out even more :)
  • Summoner/Everything
    I'm going to try every sub combination and then focus on my favorites. However my sincere hope is every sub combination is so much fun I will play them all for as long as the game lasts.. like 10-20 years.
  • This will be my problem.  Too many class combos to choose from which will undoubtedly leave me with a few dozen alts at minimum.

• trying to figure out what kind of necro this game will have, a more supportive necro, a more dps based, or an ability to arrange your skills to do both or either.

I really liked the gw2 necro, i think its a great example of how a necro can be used in all of those scenarios, i wish it was mirrored a tad like gw2. Im a little surprised that its summoner+cleric that makes a necro and not summoner+bard
  • Aw, I was excited to try out Cleric > Summoner or Summoner > Cleric until I found out it's either Shaman or Necromancer. I like the mixed class system but I thought it would be more of a mix between two classes than it's own class. I don't want to be a shaman I want to be a Cleric who also summons demons!!! lol

Also is any class info out yet beyond names?
  • I have a feeling I'll be somewhere in the Support type category. The High Priest, Conjurer, and Necromancer titles sound pretty sweet.
  • Is it he vertical list of classes or the horizontal that is considered the primary class?
    edited April 2018
    Woobies said:
    Is it he vertical list of classes or the horizontal that is considered the primary class?

hope this helps
    edited April 2018
    Archwizard, glass cannon to the maximum, the embodiment of total destruction, I've always made my first character this way and I will continue to do so until I die or until I stop playing MMORPGs.
  • Folks, when considering what alts you're planning to make, remember that your Secondary Class can be changed, so with 8 characters, you can become all of the Subclasses in the game  :)
  • Sikuba said:
    Folks, when considering what alts you're planning to make, remember that your Secondary Class can be changed, so with 8 characters, you can become all of the Subclasses in the game  :)
    I don't remember where I saw it, but I thought I read that secondary classes won't be simple to swap. I assume it is easier than level capping from zero, but I think they want your secondary class choice to be a big decision.
  • Althor said:
    Sikuba said:
    Folks, when considering what alts you're planning to make, remember that your Secondary Class can be changed, so with 8 characters, you can become all of the Subclasses in the game  :)
    I don't remember where I saw it, but I thought I read that secondary classes won't be simple to swap. I assume it is easier than level capping from zero, but I think they want your secondary class choice to be a big decision.
    You are correct. Steven has said as recently as yesterday that swapping your secondary class will not be a simple thing, but will require real effort. There has been no further clarification on whether you keep progress in a secondary class that you give up so you don't have to grind it out all over again, but I would doubt it. You want to stop being a mage secondary, you forget everything and you don't magically remember everything when you come back. Earlier statement had the change being the function of a quest or visit to a specific hard to access npc. More to come later once they make a final decision.
  • Either Mage or Ranger primary and secondary. Maximize that ranged DPS.
  • Necromancer plain and simply 
  • Leaning highsword. I'll probably be fighter primary but my secondary is up in the air atm. 
  • Ooh that is a tough one, the class system is so in depth and interesting it is impossible to truly decide what I will want to main! For now it is a toss up between Paladin, Predator, Wild Blade, and Battle Mage.

Will be a Dwarf of course.
  • Archwizard, glass cannon to the maximum, the embodiment of total destruction, I've always made my first character this way and I will continue to do so until I die or until I stop playing MMORPGs.
    Much YES! Archwizard main all the way!
  • Assuming we get maybe eight characters per account…

Paladin (Tank/Cleric): Self-sustainable tank for small group and solo play.

Guardian (Tank/Tank): Peak defensive performance for the toughest content.

Dreadnought (Fighter/Tank): Most offensive iteration of a tank, maintaining aggro purely through damage output.

Apostle (Cleric/Tank): Group healer hopefully with extra personal defense to survive in PvP.

Enchanter (Summoner/Bard): Perhaps this augments the pet summoning skill to be a charm? Cast it to take control of your enemy and use them as your pet? Similar to Enchanters in EQ2? Plus, I want to participate in the giant group summonings during sieges.

Predator (Rogue/Ranger): Stealth-based surprise attacks with the secondary class augmenting abilities to work with a bow; the perfect sniper.

Trickster (Bard/Rogue): Maybe provides group stealth? In any case, hopefully a strong group PvP support class.

Battle Mage: (Mage/Fighter): If Gandalf can wield a sword, so can I. It seems like it would be the most versatile sustained damage combination.

I'd like to at least try all of these combinations, and I'll probably settle on three or four - whatever the minimum number of characters is that's needed to set up an armorsmith and weaponsmith with a basic supply chain.
  • Althor said:
    Sikuba said:
    Well, to be honest, I'm glad that it won't be easy to swap. It would defeat the purpose of having so many Subclasses if you could just switch back and forth on a whim.
  • I'm slightly bothered. I like the high dps casters, and I feel like I'm going the Archwizard route like I stated above, but I've always been a warlock fan, which dates back to Everquest 2. Something about that Devastation/Apocalypse spell just felt so OP.

But it appears AoC is following WoW in the sense that now warlocks are supposed to be some kind of summoner. To me, warlocks are the wizards of the dark arts. One specializes in the elements, the other in disease and poison. Keep the summoning to the summoners/conjurors or whoever else. That garbage has no business here.