What class/sub-class are you wanting to play? Why?

Comments

• I'll probably go for Minstrel first, because Bard.
    After that, I might try some Bard combinations with other classes.
  • I'm unsure if I want to Main a Rogue or Ranger. I'm interested in six classes; Duelist, Predator, Shadow Lord, Strider, Scout or Falconer. I'm leaning towards Predator, I hear that it will be able to use bows but still be mostly melee
  • I will probably go Trickster, the name of the class has just stuck with me and if it turns out anything like i can imagine it could be great fun. The Spellsword and Beastmaster sound pretty good too.
  • Gonna be a Bladedancer for me!
    Sounds like a lot of mobility and unique melee skills, also interested how a fighter/bard combination could work out.
  • For me, it various what i want to play. Currently im thinking of a fighter or a ranger and/or rogue. Or maybe a summoner type. But I can change my oppinion several times before the game is out
  • Tank/Fighter => Knight. 
  • Vek Trickster.  Kind of like the idea of a Bard/Rogue and I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Tulnar Argent.  I love playing tanks or support classes so I want to see what a bard has to offer as far as augmenting the tank class.

Those are my two mains, but I do kind of want to get every main class to a point where I can secondary into Bard and have a traveling troupe of Alts.
  • I like support class. My first choice would be Cleric/Mage for primary. Secondary is tricky, not decided yet. could be Cleric, Mage, Rogue. or some shape-shifting class.

hey! do we have any shape-shifting in AoC?

• With all the class options available, this is probably going to be a great game for creating alternate characters in our game accounts.  But it's only my primary character that I've given much thought to this far.  And, until we know more on how these classes will pan out in gameplay, it's really a bit hard to know for sure. 

My Ashes main character will be the next evolution of my main character in EQ2. 
    He was a Dwarven Paladin, so obviously that choice is high on my list here too.  However, when EQNext was in development (which was also going to have a similar "mix 'n match" class system to Ashes) I was very much interested in making this character as close to the "Epic Dwarven Defender" archetype  - as it was known in the D&D Prestige classes.  So I've been keeping that concept in mind here as well, with possibly going with a Knight or Guardian

But another factor in my decision making is that my favorite weapon for this character is a hammer.  Now, I am aware that they have stated any class can wield any weapon... but I've not seen much info on hammers in particular yet.  Which class will get the most badass attacks with a hammer?  It could be a Fighter?  What if a Fighter could duel wield hammers?  That would be kind of badass.   So even though my character concept might not seem terribly exotic or exciting, it's a important decision for me and there are a lot of subtle details for me to consider in my choice. 

So that is where my current thinking is..... I just need more detailed information!
  • Mage/Mage or Mage/Summoner
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    Dreadnaught or Weapons Master.
    I will try all fighter combinations until I find a balance between Power HP and Dual Wield.

If a fighter/roque is not to ninjaish I might play that too.
  • Let us not forget there are only 2 classes Mage and.....well I forget the other.
  • Gravitating towards Warlock or Necromancer atm, but I usually can't decide that until I've seen actual gameplay of them all. Could go pretty much anything depending on how the combat system will work. Don't wanna go Warlock or Necromancer if they are turrets for example.
  • With all the class options available, this is probably going to be a great game for creating alternate characters in our game accounts.  But it's only my primary character that I've given much thought to this far.  And, until we know more on how these classes will pan out in gameplay, it's really a bit hard to know for sure. 

My Ashes main character will be the next evolution of my main character in EQ2. 
    He was a Dwarven Paladin, so obviously that choice is high on my list here too.  However, when EQNext was in development (which was also going to have a similar "mix 'n match" class system to Ashes) I was very much interested in making this character as close to the "Epic Dwarven Defender" archetype  - as it was known in the D&D Prestige classes.  So I've been keeping that concept in mind here as well, with possibly going with a Knight or Guardian

But another factor in my decision making is that my favorite weapon for this character is a hammer.  Now, I am aware that they have stated any class can wield any weapon... but I've not seen much info on hammers in particular yet.  Which class will get the most badass attacks with a hammer?  It could be a Fighter?  What if a Fighter could duel wield hammers?  That would be kind of badass.   So even though my character concept might not seem terribly exotic or exciting, it's a important decision for me and there are a lot of subtle details for me to consider in my choice. 

So that is where my current thinking is..... I just need more detailed information!
    If i remember correctly, you spec in your type of weapon, like you do with you class. I think they talked about this in the last
    about 2 mins in. They talk about weapon progression. But i think they might also mention it somewhere else. Or in another video

It might be easyer to pick when/if we get more information about the classes. That also depends on how much information on the class we get, and how much information we get, about how the sub-class affects/can affect the class
  • All of them, really.
  • I have two that come to mind easily, in terms of maining. Either:

-Spellsword (Fighter/Mage). Spellknights and the like are the best class in anything ever.
    -Beastmaster (Ranger/Summoner). Usually what I go for in DnD and other games that have pet classes.

No particular race in mind at the moment.

As for other classes, I'm excited to try them out and see what I like once release comes around.
  • Planning on being a tank (As I usually roll a tank in MMO's) and maybe add some self-sustain through Cleric, so I'd be a paladin, but we'll see when we get to know more about the classes
  • Out of the classes I've tried so far I'd play tank and go down the knight root but I am also looking forward to trying fighter in Alpha 2.  
  • Kratz said:
    Out of the classes I've tried so far I'd play tank and go down the knight root but I am also looking forward to trying fighter in Alpha 2.  
    Weren't you thinking of going down the bard route last year? 
    Or am I remembering that wrong?
  • I am most def going cleric for my primary class.  I think a bard secondary sounds interesting so maybe Soul Weaver or High Cleric most likely.

Healing aside, I'll definitely be playing on the chaotic side of things though.  I aim to misbehave!
  • Kratz said:
    Out of the classes I've tried so far I'd play tank and go down the knight root but I am also looking forward to trying fighter in Alpha 2.  
    I was indeed my friend and I wouldn't bet against it even now but, alas, I am looking forward to seeing what the fighter brings, especially dreadnought and highsword.  
  • Kratz said:
    Kratz said:
    I was indeed my friend and I wouldn't bet against it even now but, alas, I am looking forward to seeing what the fighter brings, especially dreadnought and highsword.  
    dreadnought you say ^^
    edited July 2018
    Something that is not listed.  I would love to play as a bard/dancer.
    Loved playing the bard/dancer class back in SWG, and the fun of watching the bar fights break out.
  • Probably human Necromancer. For the longest time Undead necromancer was my go to character in my D&D campaigns
  • a healer but not sure still been debating this i have to see but leaning towards shammy because im hoping my heals summon a mini pet that follows people like a heal over time and explodes a heal when its done or something
  • Cluckeys said:
    a healer but not sure still been debating this i have to see but leaning towards shammy because im hoping my heals summon a mini pet that follows people like a heal over time and explodes a heal when its done or something
    The more healers the better!

I still cannot decide, depending on late beta I will most likely be playing some for of rogue / fighter / tank or mix of these.
    edited August 2018
    Too little info at this point about classes or combat system to decide.
    I've often played tankish classes but in the end those are bloody exhausting while grouping.
    Necromancers are cool but rarely do games let you be true necromancer with your own little undead entourage following you.
    PVP being big part of the game stealth classes will propably be high on my list so I can avoid stuff when I feel like it.
    When the day comes I'll propably just wing it while creating character. Also I usually tend to play mainly just one character. Alts are for other games.
  • Lolssi said:
    Necromancers are cool but rarely do games let you be true necromancer with your own little undead entourage following you.
    I agree.  The original Guild Wars is the last time I played a fun minion master necromancer.  

(Don't tell Nagash that I used to have fun with Necromancers.)
  • Spellsword probably because I tend to be indecisive if I want to use magic or a weapon.
  • Warlock!!

Always loved the the Warlock being a  dark magic user but not necessarily always all out evil, and its my D and D Character and favourite class in 5E