Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

After GOLD launch of AoC, what DON'T you want to see in the game?

Comments

• Options
    There will be no main class exchange / job exchange, although secondary class can be changed on a "longer" cool down. I hope this remains true as well.
  • Options
    Report to all of those saying stufferstons
  • Options
    I'd hate to see a total revamp of the core systems a few years in. Oh, and XP boosters. As for catch-up-mechanisms I'm not sure, but I'm leaning strongly towards "no".
  • Options
    An error message
  • Options
    undead being killed for lote and exp. #undead lives matter 
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    An error message
    I am not expecting a smooth launch as you always get some gremlin in the system or something happens which was not expected. 
  • Options
    I know this is already in the game so I'm really just using this as a chance to complain about an aspect I don't like and that is transmog. Due to all the pre-order/kickstarter bonuses most players at the start of the game will have some sick looking gear, running round looking like angels and demons and watever else
    Part of the immersion of an MMORPG for me is being able to tell roughly how strong a character is from the gear they are wearing, I worry that it will turn into a colourful mess of players with over the top gear running around. 
    Everyone running round with flashy gear trivializes players actually getting good gear through merit as you're not gonna pick out the mighty warrior in a crowd.
  • Options
    Rupe said:
    I know this is already in the game so I'm really just using this as a chance to complain about an aspect I don't like and that is transmog. Due to all the pre-order/kickstarter bonuses most players at the start of the game will have some sick looking gear, running round looking like angels and demons and watever else
    Part of the immersion of an MMORPG for me is being able to tell roughly how strong a character is from the gear they are wearing, I worry that it will turn into a colourful mess of players with over the top gear running around. 
    Everyone running round with flashy gear trivializes players actually getting good gear through merit as you're not gonna pick out the mighty warrior in a crowd.
    That is a fair point. still, I see it more as a status symbol than anything else, it just proves you help backed the game and at a high level in some cases,
  • Options
    No cash shop
  • Options

Dont make an ArcheAge clone to try and better ArcheAge, no matter what the ArcheAge fanbois here scream.
    This is not an ArcheAge 2 surrogate to fill a sense of loss and nostalgia for a dying game that also screwed up.
    Tbh i would love to see an Archeage 2. At least regarding naval content.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    I hope they aren't bought out by EA or the like.  
  • Options
    Selling cosmetics in a cash is sadly going to be a fact here, but I hope they don't slide down the slippery slope other game developers have.  The one where they start sending more and more of the really best and coolest armors to the cash shop for maximum profits instead of new content rewards for players.  It really destroys purpose for achieving in game goals.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Warkov said:
    " Selling cosmetics in a cash is sadly going to be a fact here, ... "
    ... <i>I will be playing " Devils Advocate " in this Post. I am a Backer ( lifetime sub ) so i truly do hope for the best of this MMORPG. Now then</i> ...

No its quite simple - delete & shred every "line-of-code" of this Cash Shop and put every item in the Game via vendors, loot-drop, crafting, etc
    i mean ... seriously ... just being able to enter Alpha & Beta is already the Reward in itself ... why anything else ?

( KickStarter Rewards are not included - since they are not part of the Cash Shop ... but rather part of the KickStarter CrowdFunding )

And to be utterly honest with you ...  my initial thoughts , after seeing that Cash Shop, gives me the impression that the Devs don't* have the Utmost-confidence/ faith that their MMO will succeed - so the Cash Shop is their FallBack plan

( i.e. in case if it goes F2P ... they'll just add what they need to the Cash Shop )

So i strongly & confidently disagree with this statement of yours - it is NOT fact ... for it can easily be erased and never be seen again

And don't get me started on how much of an impression that gives to other players if/when they are 1st introduced to this MMORPG ... and log-in to find out that a Cash Shop exists in a P2P MMORPG ... it does not help

I like the Merchandise via Shirts, Caps, MousePad, Lanyand .... why stuff similar to that ? Why not just have that ?

( i.e. Any item that is not Virtual .. rather something thats a " physical copy " of something ... )

All-in-all ... i will be optimistically and think this 
    • The game does SOOO well at launch .... that the Subscribers increases instead of decreases ( i.e. More Player staying vs Players leaving .. or none leaving* at all :3 )
    • Then Intrepid may very well remove the Cash Shop - and only have the Shop on their WebPage instead of in the Game ... and moving all items in the Game
    EDIT: But i will not be naive about it either

Even if they plan to keep it ... and even if it'll forever remain as cosmetics .... don't have it in the MMO within the Game itself - because it'll then be reminiscent via:

• New Player Thinks: " ... another Cash Shop in an MMO with a different 'skin'... and its f!cking P2P too ... fug this, I'm out ... I'm done with this Genre 
    I'm NOT trying to bash the game, its just ... well ... we've all been there and experienced "that moment" ... why can't we just have a Upcoming MMORPG without* a Cash Shop, eh ? 

Because i guarantee you ... the moment more News spread out that
    • " Intrepid, the creators of an Upcoming MMORPG called, Ashes of Creation, have recently just changed their minds &  removed the Cosmetic-only Cash Shop " ... i guarantee you more people would be interested in Playing
    • " Bad Press" for a CrowdFunded MMO by KickStarter is the last thing that it needs - so why not lessen the chances of any more* Bad News ?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    At end of the day when all things are said & done ... I think i won't be using any of my Rewards that i got 
    • I want to experience Ashes of Creation like most other Players will in the Future - they aren't going to have that "cool" mount ... or that "sweet" pet ... they're going to start from Zero and work their way to the Top ( most likely ). So they won't have a mount to move faster (?) either. Nor will they have the Unique Skins/ Costumes/ Gear ... to see things from a different perspective
    • The way i see it ... if want to give my absolute 100% legit feedback ... i think it'll be best if i don't use any of the Rewards for awhile - and try my best to experience Ashes of Creation like most/ all Future-Players would - because i think " THIS " will be the best FeedBack
    Because I'm honestly glad to have the LifeTime Sub ... i'm sure that'll be enough  o:)
  • Options
    @Eragale
    Cash shop with cosmetics is in the game not sure why you do not consider it a fact. 
  • Options
    @Sintu
    because anything can happen. And it doesn't have to be this way

• Options
    Harue said:

@Shunex
    I'll be going around while having this outfit. ;)
    (Stuffertons Mount, Protector's Armor, Kiss of Summer cloak)
    Why can't i down vote this abamonation!!!!!!!!!!
    we lost that right many months ago along with insightful and agree how far we have fallen
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Harue said:

@Shunex
    I'll be going around while having this outfit. ;)
    (Stuffertons Mount, Protector's Armor, Kiss of Summer cloak)
    Why can't i down vote this abamonation!!!!!!!!!!
    we lost that right many months ago along with insightful and agree how far we have fallen
    Its a simple solution..... Just dont buy the abomination.
  • Options
    Don't nerf PvP. I want to be able to attack anyone, any time, (almost) anywhere. A couple safe cities, a few guards here and there, everything else should be the wild west.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Coldf13nd said:
    Don't nerf PvP. I want to be able to attack anyone, any time, (almost) anywhere. A couple safe cities, a few guards here and there, everything else should be the wild west.
    sorry to say this but ashes will not be like that as the debuff would lead to you being combat ineffective 
  • Options
    nagash said:

sorry to say this but ashes will not be like that as the debuff would leade to you being combat ineffective 
    Shh!! dont say that.. let them find out the hard way.
  • Options
    Again, the debuff is likely not to be so bad your character is rendered ineffective after one green kill. Also, I am not seeing where @Coldf13nd said anything about killing greens...

I too hope PvP flourishes and is not later toned down, although I am interested to see how the corruption mechanic survives the alpha and beta test phases.
  • Options
    Azathoth said:
    Again, the debuff is likely not to be so bad your character is rendered ineffective after one green kill. Also, I am not seeing where @Coldf13nd said anything about killing greens...

I too hope PvP flourishes and is not later toned down, although I am interested to see how the corruption mechanic survives the alpha and beta test phases.
    I know I'm just stating that open world pvp will lead to some sort of penalties as not everyone will be purple or red. Also, he said "A couple safe cities, a few guards here and there, everything else should be the wild west." now tell me does that should like ashes to you? 

I am merely stating facts to a new person by telling him/her that ashes is not a murder box.
  • Options
    Fair enough, and I hope Ashes doesn't go the way of Sanctuary Cities or Pirate/Corrupted Cities. Ever.

Although city guards should do something to help out if you are in town and they see you getting attacked while staying green.
  • Options
    Azathoth said:
    Fair enough, and I hope Ashes doesn't go the way of Sanctuary Cities or Pirate/Corrupted Cities. Ever.

Although city guards should do something to help out if you are in town and they see you getting attacked while staying green.
    I agree I mean they are there to guard the peace so I would hope so. 
  • Options
    weebs
  • Options
    I don't want them to water down the non-healing support classes to the point that they are useless.  I miss the old Control/Support type of classes and I'm super interested in Bard as a debuff/buff force multiplier.  I don't want to see it nerfed and watered down to where you just end up with the current standard of just Tank/Heal/Dps.  

I played Enchanter in EQ, Controller in CoH/CoV, and Skald in Dark Age of Camelot and I really miss those extra group support type classes.

• Options
    I hope I dont see any genocidal freaks having competitions on who has more player kills without being killed.
  • Options
    I don't want them to water down the non-healing support classes to the point that they are useless.  I miss the old Control/Support type of classes and I'm super interested in Bard as a debuff/buff force multiplier.  I don't want to see it nerfed and watered down to where you just end up with the current standard of just Tank/Heal/Dps.  

I played Enchanter in EQ, Controller in CoH/CoV, and Skald in Dark Age of Camelot and I really miss those extra group support type classes.

I'd extend this to any pet classes too, like derivatives of the summoner.  Make them just as viable as full combat classes.
  • Options
    I hope I dont see any genocidal freaks having competitions on who has more player kills without being killed.
    I am afraid you will get those players. Its the sad truth, but just ignore them.