Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

After GOLD launch of AoC, what DON'T you want to see in the game?

124»

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    I hope I dont see any genocidal freaks having competitions on who has more player kills without being killed.
    I am afraid you will get those players. Its the sad truth, but just ignore them.
    This will definitely be a thing, and when the corruption gets too burdensome, then they will just simply have a friend/guildie bounty hunt or kill them.  But hey, maybe this will make a lot of people realize that pvp isn't really all that bad.  Sometimes people just need a little push to get outside of their comfort zones.
  • Options
    With large values of corruption supposedly requiring multiple deaths to undue, and corrupted characters spawning randomly after death (while still corrupted) combined with no fast travel, I think any expectation that you will be able to choose who kills you first is wishful thinking.

Sure, it will occasionally happen but I don't think it will be the norm. At least I hope it's not.
  • Options
    Azathoth said:
    With large values of corruption supposedly requiring multiple deaths to undue, and corrupted characters spawning randomly after death (while still corrupted) combined with no fast travel, I think any expectation that you will be able to choose who kills you first is wishful thinking.

Sure, it will occasionally happen but I don't think it will be the norm. At least I hope it's not.
    Once a person starts getting sufficiently high, they simply travel to a safe zone, like a personal stronghold or guild headquarters when online (maybe even in off hours), and then coordinate with friends/guildies offline to set up the quick kills. 
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    ^Losers... willing to do* the crime but too soft to do the time.
    I guess those types will always be about though...

*edit on improper form of due/do :smile:
  • Options
    I hope I dont see any genocidal freaks having competitions on who has more player kills without being killed.
    I am afraid you will get those players. Its the sad truth, but just ignore them.
    I say a good old lynch mod may be required ^^
  • Options
    Azathoth said:
    Fair enough, and I hope Ashes doesn't go the way of Sanctuary Cities or Pirate/Corrupted Cities. Ever.

Although city guards should do something to help out if you are in town and they see you getting attacked while staying green.
    I still like the idea of the pirate city. Ultima Online had their version of a pirate city in Buccaneer's Den. It was the only "city" with no guard presence. You could steal from anyone passing through, or even the npcs if you were bored.
  • Options
    I am fine with said pirate city, just not a safe haven for corrupted players. It's meant as a detriment not a primary play style.
  • Options
    I'd prefer not to see:
    1. pets and costumes/skins/festival events that don't look like they fit in a fantasy world
    2. Everyone talking about best in slot items rather than accepting a variety of gear choices as legitimate
    3. Mobs not drop items they clearly should have every time you kill them
  • Options
    Still hoping for new weebs?!
  • Options
    Ravudha said:
    I'd prefer not to see:
    1. pets and costumes/skins/festival events that don't look like they fit in a fantasy world

Such as the stupid Mr. T grenade.  Things like that.  So ridiculous.
  • Options
    Qurion said:
    I'd hate to see a total revamp of the core systems a few years in. Oh, and XP boosters. As for catch-up-mechanisms I'm not sure, but I'm leaning strongly towards "no".
    I agree that catch-up-mechanisms are not the right path - even once the player-base has been around for a few years. Because of the way Intrepid has designed their servers, I assume that even after the game has been released, they can gradually release new servers as needed. This way, incoming players have a chance to find new footing in a world that is not nearly as established one of the original servers.

The downside is that it is possible for too many servers to stagnate the geopolitical competition that takes place within each individual world. This competition is a core aspect of the game, which Intrepid can't afford to compromise. As with most other issues or potential shortcomings, it's another balancing act for the Devs to figure out.

- Sikuba
  • Options
    Progression gated by RNG
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Sarevok said:
    Progression gated by RNG
    We're looking at you, Fortnite: Save the World         :angry:
  • Options
    Nerf Wars.   Where one class bitches about being underpowered against another class in PvP, so they nerf that other class.  

Eg: the Wookie Crossbow nerf in SWG because bounty hunters, and the Paladin nerfing because of Mages in WoW.

Sorry folks, mages are supposed to be glass cannons!
  • Options
    These are the things I dont want to see in the AoC when launch start:

1.: Unstable Servers, low framerates. The first look on a Game is critical. So it needs to be awesome.

2.: Too often class ballancing. Its ok, when you complain that you should be buffed, but changes every week would be toxic.

3.: With a party size of 8 player its significant that everyone finds his own important role.
    If the people realise that some class combinations are useless... that would be really bad.

4. If the game become F2P. Its a certain step that the game failed and the developers know it. Especially the lifetime accounts become useless and it would be really embarassing for Intrepid.

Just my two cents