Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Some minor but spicy changes to keep open world PvP alive (and healthy)

Comments

• Options
     They will tweak the timer during testing of how long a person flags purple. So in your scenario, you tag the green but don't kill them, but the mobs they were fighting do. The system sees that you damaged them in the last three minutes and they haven't attacked you back or flagged purple. When they die, you are still going to take the corruption hit. This also takes care of "Who gets corruption when multiple people attack a green? My friend will run in and do the deathblow, so I won't get corruption!" Sorry, most likely, everyone who tagged that poor guy getting beat on before he dies and the timer expires is taking the corruption. What we don't know is if they plan to spread it out, or have everyone take the same corruption they would for a solo kill.
    Yesss. Timer is definitely a Good idea, but wait, what? 2 mins? Lol for me if it takes more than 20sec that person died intentionaly.. 2 mins gives huge window to abuse and exploit this system.

Corruption spread is fine nice to hear another good idea. On the other hand if they take the same corruption they would for a solo kill... that would be another huge blow to open world pvp.. please no more..  they should not be kicking a man when he's down. (Man- open world pvp xD U know its a metaphor)

• Options
    @Szejm Please realize the timer and length of said timer are speculation. They have not confirmed anything beyond that they will be closing loopholes. We won't see the actual corruption system till either late in A1P1 (most likely not since it is pvp based system testing) or early A1P2. I hope they don't leave the corruption testing for the A2 testing, since that will have its own slew of systems to break like freehold and such.
  • Options
    @Szejm Please realize the timer and length of said timer are speculation. They have not confirmed anything beyond that they will be closing loopholes. We won't see the actual corruption system till either late in A1P1 (most likely not since it is pvp based system testing) or early A1P2. I hope they don't leave the corruption testing for the A2 testing, since that will have its own slew of systems to break like freehold and such.
    Uff good.. 3 min timer is like okey u hit me once now i will let these monsters kill me oh wait but first let me make a coffe and walk my dog, I come back to my pc, I drink my coffe, then I take a nap, and then I look for spot with monsters to get killed and baaam someone just got corrupted xd.

Okey give me Alpha Key and i will test open world pvp 18h a day with 2 pages feedback everyday xd.

• Options
    Szejm said:
    You're wanting this game to be more like BDO where it leans in favor of the griefers/REDs. 

I laughed so hard lol you are so wrong and so right at the same time hahaha. 
    How BDO was in favor for red? 
    1.When u kill someone u lose karma
    2. Attacked person can fight back without suffering any risks

(edit. ofc only when u are not "red", if u are red u cannot fight back.. x))))

3.Atacked person when killed lose NOTHING- the one attacking if lose(die) loss 1% of exp and precious gems
    4.When u go rly low on karma ur items downgrade and u lose more % and gems.
    Even if u kill someone u are the one who loses - karma (and u are at risk of losing much more). Killed person lose nothing, just nothing lol. 

So now explain me now how is it in favour of reds? lol  :D:D:D

AND on the other hand i agreee 100% with:
      BDO leans in favor of the griefers. 
    With no punishment killed person just kept coming back and griefing and following u and making ur day a nightmare. Imagine guild that dont like u and has nothing better to do. But in general:
    When there is no risk people have the feeling of impunity so they don't respect each other at all
    To sum up it makes whole community a reta*ded bunch of as*oles.

Ps. I hate bdo pvp system form the bottom of my heart and that’s why i stopped playing it and i definitely don't want it here. Ahh and I already admitted in comments that suggestion number 4 is not balanced and doesn’t fit here. Maybe I should edit my fist post hmm :neutral: and update current conclusions.

I feel like I shouldn't answer the question, but here it goes. "How BDO favors reds?" Seriously? The karma system in BDO was a joke. There was no real downsides in that game for killing players who were mob farming. In fact in that game geared players treated it like endgame content. lmao. As far as attacked players losing nothing that way off base. BDO mob farming made up 90% of late game content. When higher geared players come and prevent you from farming ya I'd say you lose quite a bit. Still the problem is you are approaching AoC like open world pvp as you describe it is meant to be a significant part of the game. Despite the dev clearly explaining their position and deterrents they intend to implement. There will be plenty of meaningful pvp opportunities in AoC. I'm sorry the kind you prefer isn't a focal point. You and I will clearly not agree since I've never been the type to gank lesser geared toons. I got called a white knight in Eve Online several time for station camping high sec pirates that were harassing players. Basically rest assured if I bump into you in-game I'll the green that jumps on you when you flag on someone else. ^^ 
  • Options
    Szejm said:
    You're wanting this game to be more like BDO where it leans in favor of the griefers/REDs. 

I laughed so hard lol you are so wrong and so right at the same time hahaha. 
    How BDO was in favor for red? 
    1.When u kill someone u lose karma
    2. Attacked person can fight back without suffering any risks

(edit. ofc only when u are not "red", if u are red u cannot fight back.. x))))

3.Atacked person when killed lose NOTHING- the one attacking if lose(die) loss 1% of exp and precious gems
    4.When u go rly low on karma ur items downgrade and u lose more % and gems.
    Even if u kill someone u are the one who loses - karma (and u are at risk of losing much more). Killed person lose nothing, just nothing lol. 

So now explain me now how is it in favour of reds? lol  :D:D:D

AND on the other hand i agreee 100% with:
      BDO leans in favor of the griefers. 
    With no punishment killed person just kept coming back and griefing and following u and making ur day a nightmare. Imagine guild that dont like u and has nothing better to do. But in general:
    When there is no risk people have the feeling of impunity so they don't respect each other at all
    To sum up it makes whole community a reta*ded bunch of as*oles.

Ps. I hate bdo pvp system form the bottom of my heart and that’s why i stopped playing it and i definitely don't want it here. Ahh and I already admitted in comments that suggestion number 4 is not balanced and doesn’t fit here. Maybe I should edit my fist post hmm :neutral: and update current conclusions.

I feel like I shouldn't answer the question, but here it goes. "How BDO favors reds?" Seriously? The karma system in BDO was a joke. There was no real downsides in that game for killing players who were mob farming. In fact in that game geared players treated it like endgame content. lmao. As far as attacked players losing nothing that way off base. BDO mob farming made up 90% of late game content. When higher geared players come and prevent you from farming ya I'd say you lose quite a bit. Still the problem is you are approaching AoC like open world pvp as you describe it is meant to be a significant part of the game. Despite the dev clearly explaining their position and deterrents they intend to implement. There will be plenty of meaningful pvp opportunities in AoC. I'm sorry the kind you prefer isn't a focal point. You and I will clearly not agree since I've never been the type to gank lesser geared toons. I got called a white knight in Eve Online several time for station camping high sec pirates that were harassing players. Basically rest assured if I bump into you in-game I'll the green that jumps on you when you flag on someone else. ^^ 
    I did not play BDO so I cant talk, but you are right killing players just for the sake of killing is not meaning full for pvp, node building sure but not pvp.

Szejm if you want to pvp then fight someone who will challenge you and test your skills instead of fighting low-level PvEers. Anyone can kill low-level players but to me that not proving anything of your abilities if anything I would look down on you.
  • Options
    I said it before but i'll say it again, I'd recommend waiting until we have more details on the numbers before making an assessment of the pvp system here. The numbers behind the death penalty and corruption system will decide how this system plays out. The higher the death penalty, the more people will want to fight back to get it halved. Also the corruption score values needed to hit higher penalties like gear dropping will influence things. 

In the most recent live stream, they talked about them viewing pvp and pve as equal things. Have a little faith in that.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    @CosmicChaos
    Its seems u didnt understand the system in bdo and that was ur main problem.

In BDO even if someone kills u... killed Player lose nothing. Killer lose a lot of karma And is at risk of losing a lotttt moreee.

So it works like that: if high lvl player is desperate to take The spot he will kill you few times... but u lose nothing.. so if u just refuse to fight and keep coming back -( u respawn usually veeery close..)- There is no way  to discourage you from coming back. If he is high Level and he go red you can just spam Global chat and im 99% sure people will come to kill him. If high Level Player die as red he lose gems worth tens of milions(if not hundreds) and exp worth 6hours at least.And if he is "very" red he will lose more exp and gems.. and item upgrades  worth maaany hundreds of milions = 40x more that everything u have equipoed... 
    (And u dont stop being red even if u are killed.. so red can die and lose many Times.. ) 

To sum up. Bdo system was The most punishing system for pvp i have even seen. And u were just not smart enough to use it.

@nagash
    Well bdo was a grind game so it was very important to have a spot just for yourself(or for your party). So fighting over spot was not meaningless. When u exp solo(or party) and u are mid/high lvl u have like 0.2-0.6%/h and +-8milion gold/h. But if some random come u have like 0.05%-0.2%/h because spots are too small for many people... U can make the counting yourself.

This game was all about grinding and farming. Holding spots for urself and ur guild was very important part of end game. And when bdo destroyed it - they removed penalty for PvP dead for green - player base droped like 30%. 

And that's why I hate carebears. They make every game unplayable and boring. 
  • Options
    All this talk about BDO has no real relevence to Ashes, because Ashes won't have those farming spots.

The purpose of open PvP in Ashes is different from in BDO. You won't ever come across a situation in Ashes where you will be at a distinct disadvantage if you don't kill someone.

In BDO a player could farm a spot for hours, so killing that player and taking the spot gave you essentially end game content for a play session. 

In Ashes, the most it will do is give you a few resources to farm for 15 minutes until your inventory is full and you have to go back to town. Not killing a player in this situation - and instead gathering alongside that player - won't see you at a disadvantage at all.

Players that like open ffa PvP - simply put - will not find a home in Ashes. Players that like meaningful PvP, organized PvP and/or large scale PvP, however, will.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Noaani said:
    All this talk about BDO has no real relevence to Ashes, because Ashes won't have those farming spots.

The purpose of open PvP in Ashes is different from in BDO. You won't ever come across a situation in Ashes where you will be at a distinct disadvantage if you don't kill someone.

In BDO a player could farm a spot for hours, so killing that player and taking the spot gave you essentially end game content for a play session. 

In Ashes, the most it will do is give you a few resources to farm for 15 minutes until your inventory is full and you have to go back to town. Not killing a player in this situation - and instead gathering alongside that player - won't see you at a disadvantage at all.

Players that like open ffa PvP - simply put - will not find a home in Ashes. Players that like meaningful PvP, organized PvP and/or large scale PvP, however, will.
    I'm not 100% sure this is correct. I don't think we will spend as much time in grinding locations as BDO but there will probably be locations in ashes with high value mobs and resources like the open world dungeons. I'm pretty sure players will have the option to and in sometimes be encouraged to use the flagging system to fight over these locations.

I can't post images for some reason but go to:

http://www.aocwiki.net/Ashes_of_Creation_Livestream_2018-6-4

He talks about a little about incentives for open world pvp and talks about resource spawns being something we might want to fight over.  

Yes, they don't want this to be a murder box where everyone is constantly attacking everyone else but there should be some room for people to pvp in the open world if they want to deal with the consequences.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Noaani said:
    " ... Players that like open ffa PvP - simply put - will not find a home in Ashes. Players that like meaningful PvP, organized PvP and/or large scale PvP, however, will ... "
    Idk about that - I'd imagine that* a Node-type would have to be Selected at some point ... and if the majority of*  those PvP Players .... are PvPers .... then it might become a Military Node ... and those PvPers have to undergo a Tournament / Fight-to-the-Death  to see who will be the Leader. 

Lastly, that Leader will be doing business with Nodes
    ... most importantly ... the Bounty Hunting System is ONLY in the Military Node
    ( at Stage 3 )...
    • So those same PvPers ... might one day save you on your Travels ..
    • This reiterates the image(s) i posted in another Thread

• Options
    @Szejm
    From what i can tell ... in correlation to Ashes of Creation ... BDO only Green & Red ... but no Purple ? Thus having an unfair "balance" of the PvEers 
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Noaani said:

I'm not 100% sure this is correct. I don't think we will spend as much time in grinding locations as BDO but there will probably be locations in ashes with high value mobs and resources like the open world dungeons. I'm pretty sure players will have the option to and in sometimes be encouraged to use the flagging system to fight over these locations.

I can't post images for some reason but go to:

http://www.aocwiki.net/Ashes_of_Creation_Livestream_2018-6-4

He talks about a little about incentives for open world pvp and talks about resource spawns being something we might want to fight over.  

Yes, they don't want this to be a murder box where everyone is constantly attacking everyone else but there should be some room for people to pvp in the open world if they want to deal with the consequences.
    There may be some fights over resources, I'm not disputing that.

I'm disputing the fact that an individual player will be at a disadvantage if they don't fight over them in any single given instance.

We know for certain that player inventory will be limited in regards to raw materials. Because of this, we know for certain that players will only be able to spend a short amount of time gathering these raw materials. Thus, any PvP over raw materials only provides you with a benefit of filling up your inventory - not something that is game changing if you miss out.
    Eragale said:
    Noaani said:
    " ... Players that like open ffa PvP - simply put - will not find a home in Ashes. Players that like meaningful PvP, organized PvP and/or large scale PvP, however, will ... "
    Idk about that - I'd imagine that* a Node-type would have to be Selected at some point ... and if the majority of*  those PvP Players .... are PvPers .... then it might become a Military Node ... and those PvPers have to undergo a Tournament / Fight-to-the-Death  to see who will be the Leader. 

Lastly, that Leader will be doing business with Nodes
    ... most importantly ... the Bounty Hunting System is ONLY in the Military Node
    ( at Stage 3 )...
    • So those same PvPers ... might one day save you on your Travels ..
    • This reiterates the image(s) i posted in another Thread

Node type is pre-determined.

Node leadership is up for contention once a month, not something that in itself will keep someone that wants small scale PvP to be their focus.

I'm not sure what you mean by the rest of your post.
  • Options
    Eragale said:
    @Szejm
    From what i can tell ... in correlation to Ashes of Creation ... BDO only Green & Red ... but no Purple ? Thus having an unfair "balance" of the PvEers 
    Yessss :< bdo was great at the launch and with every update it got worse and worse.. p2w.. carebear systems.. more p2w.. new content-but lagged aff... ect.

@Noaani

Well.. right now system greatly discourages ANY open world pvp. It’s like “yeah open world pvp is definitely available but if u try it u will regret the day u were born” xD

Right now u risk ur items, ur level, materials, debuff (most likely even if u win spot u will not be able to grind), there will be bounty on your head and bounty hunters will know ur location...... I can’t imagine anything worth that risk.. just lol. x)

• Options
    Szejm said: 

Right now u risk ur items, ur level, materials, debuff (most likely even if u win spot u will not be able to grind), there will be bounty on your head and bounty hunters will know ur location...... I can’t imagine anything worth that risk.. just lol. x)

I agree but also think this will be sorted out to some degree. We don't know at what corruption score your items are at risk. You can't de-level from death. Yes, you are risking a lot of with your current materials if you choose to attack someone and probably the biggest issue I see. The debuff for corruption only affects your efficacy against players, not mobs. 

• Options
    @Noaani
    The PvPers will become the Protectors 
  • Options
    Some will, that's my preferred role but we can't be protectors if no one can or wants to attack. 
  • Options
    Szejm said:

Going back to you not understanding the game...

Your level is never at risk.

Items are not at risk if you kill one or two players - this only comes in to affect after several kills.

Bounty hunters will only know your location if they are flagged as bounty hunters at the time, and are nearby.

The corruption debuff only affects PvP combat, so *IF* Ashes has grinding spots like BDO has (unlikely), you will still be fine grinding it.

---

You really need to sit down and learn what has been said about the game. Further, you should self-impose a ban on posting here until you have done so.

Your completely uninformed posts are actually hurting this game.

People come to forums like this to read about the game, and if they come across any of your posts without reading the whole thread, they will leave thinking they have a better idea of what this game is, but really have just had their head filled with opinions of a totally uninformed person.
  • Options
    Eragale said:
    @Noaani
    The PvPers will become the Protectors 
    Some will, that's my preferred role but we can't be protectors if no one can or wants to attack. 
    Its always like that. U protect ur friends so for ur friends u'r "protector" but for their enemies u'r "aggressor". It's just the other side of the coin.

@Noaani

I know that it is difficult to accept that you are wrong. It seems u are The one narrow-minded here. It's MMO rpg- massively multilayer online rpg. Parties are up to 8 people in ashes and dungeons -as far as I know- are designed for parties. It means people will most likely have to fight party versus party to gain control over some spots. Which means it involves killing multiple people... which means all the penalties I mentioned will strongly discourage any fights like that. There will only be some small meanless fights 1v1 here and there because this system severely punish for anything more.
    I said it before but i'll say it again, I'd recommend waiting until we have more details on the numbers before making an assessment of the pvp system here. The numbers behind the death penalty and corruption system will decide how this system plays out. The higher the death penalty, the more people will want to fight back to get it halved. Also the corruption score values needed to hit higher penalties like gear dropping will influence things. 

In the most recent live stream, they talked about them viewing pvp and pve as equal things. Have a little faith in that.
    Yep, I think this post is "the most correct one" here. We need more details, but right now it doesn't look too promising. And I want to make people aware of that.
  • Options
    Szejm said:
    @Noaani

I know that it is difficult to accept that you are wrong. It seems u are The one narrow-minded here. It's MMO rpg- massively multilayer online rpg. Parties are up to 8 people in ashes and dungeons -as far as I know- are designed for parties. It means people will most likely have to fight party versus party to gain control over some spots. Which means it involves killing multiple people... which means all the penalties I mentioned will strongly discourage any fights like that. There will only be some small meanless fights 1v1 here and there because this system severely punish for anything more.
    Static farming spots in dungeons haven't been a thing in western MMO's for over a decade.

Intrepid having such static content in a game so highly touted for it's dynamic vision would be a monumental mistake.

If that is the best you can do - I point out *four* things from *one* of your posts that you are totally incorrect on and you come back with a pitiful excuse in regards to only *one* of them - then I'm standing by my point of stating that you have no idea what you are talking about - not just in regards to the game but also in regards to basic logic and debate.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Noaani said:

If that is the best you can do - I point out *four* things from *one* of your posts that you are totally incorrect on and you come back with a pitiful excuse in regards to only *one* of them - then I'm standing by my point of stating that you have no idea what you are talking about - not just in regards to the game but also in regards to basic logic and debate.
    It's not about numbers but quality. I responded with one solid argument. But if u want numbers so let it be.
    U can't delevel but u can get -exp and most likely have -exp count (they mentioned it during love stream I think) 
    Bounty hunting is very rewarded so there will be many people flagged as such all the time everywhere + people just can spam friends, guilds or chats and inform them about our locations ..
    I didn't think I will have to point out such obvious things I actually expected from this discussions a little bit more.
    As i mentioned fighting over dungeons, spots, resources is many vs many.. people will go super RED in no time. 
    If u go super RED u know what happens- items bye bye a lot of exp and materials bye bye ECT.. 

Thus it's many vs many current force attack system is invalid. How u want to fight many vs many when u need to single attack every single enemy to actually deal dmg to them.

Okey debuff will not make u unable to farm but will most certainly make u unable to stay there any longer - because it will be too risky.

It's not only about grinding it's also about gatering or doing bosses finding rare materials or monsters... Resource, mines ect. are limited people will want to fight over these most rare ones ECT...use ur imagination.

We are not here to criticise. I'm not saying this game is bad. I'm just saying it needs some improvements - obviously - because it's not even beta yet. U behave like everything is perfect. But guess why they didn't officially launch the game? Because it's not perfect yet and it needs improvements. We as a community should help them see some flaws in their systems. Constructive criticism is very important thing when u making big projects.
  • Options
    Szejm said:

We are not here to criticise. I'm not saying this game is bad. I'm just saying it needs some improvements - obviously - because it's not even beta yet. U behave like everything is perfect. But guess why they didn't officially launch the game? Because it's not perfect yet and it needs improvements. We as a community should help them see some flaws in their systems. Constructive criticism is very important thing when u making big projects.
    Hahahahahaha....This is some of the best stuff I have read in a long while. You are trying to give "constructive criticism" on something you haven't touched. It is like someone told you about this cake they plan to bake and you never having eaten their cake tell them to use quails eggs instead of chicken because you know better. They haven't released the game because it isn't done cooking yet. You are commenting on something that you haven't even seen yet, unlike those who have already been in the testing phases. Since you mentioned wanting to improve your English in previous posts, here is the phrase of the day, "talking out your ass."
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError
    U are right I haven't played this game and I'm just speculating. I just don't want my speculations to come true.
    Ohh Real life examples - I like it. So if someone is baking cakes for like 10 years he can instantly spot a flawed recipe. I haven't tried the cake but I see some "flaws" that could be problematic. I'm not saying it will certainly be too sweet (unbalanced, carebear sweetness xd lol). I'm just saying there is high chance it will be and I want to make sure the cook is aware of this (and of the consequences).

Yes I play MMO games for more than 10 years already..
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Szejm said:

U can't delevel but u can get -exp and most likely have -exp count (they mentioned it during love stream I think) 
    Bounty hunting is very rewarded so there will be many people flagged as such all the time everywhere + people just can spam friends, guilds or chats and inform them about our locations ..
    I didn't think I will have to point out such obvious things I actually expected from this discussions a little bit more.
    As i mentioned fighting over dungeons, spots, resources is many vs many.. people will go super RED in no time. 
    If u go super RED u know what happens- items bye bye a lot of exp and materials bye bye ECT.. 

Lets look even closer at a few of these.

Most players will spend most of their time in game at the level cap. This means any experience based penalty is in itself pointless to these people. This is simply there to discourage open PvP while leveling.

How can you say Bounty Hunting will be well rewarded? Name one reward it offers.

While it may be true that people will fight over dungeons (though this is more dependent on content than it is on PvP systems), you need to remember that if you attack another group in order to get a spot for yourself, you only gain corruption if they don't fight back.

No one is going to work their way to the back of a dungeon, only to literally not put up any kind of a fight when challenged.

Thus, no corruption.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Noaani said:
    How can you say Bounty Hunting will be well rewarded? Name one reward it offers.

bounty
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Szejm said:
    Noaani said:

bounty
    How much?

What currency is it paid in?
  • Options
    Noaani said:
    Szejm said:
    Noaani said:

bounty
    How much?

I have no idea what currency and it doesn't matter. It will certenly give bounty hunter some profit -  encourage people to be bounty hunters. 

Moreover you siad to name one thing so i did, but actualy there are plenty more.. 
    eg. Item drop chance - and this is devastating for killed player and hiper profitable for bounty hunter. 

Resources and materials drop ect.

But these are only material reasons to be bounty hunter. There are also many more things to take into consideration.

For me the most important is - thrill of hunt and possibility to challenge and fight strong players in open world environment. and also ofc..fun to kick someones butt almost without any consequences :) 
    Thats why i will most likely always be flagged as bounty hunter.

• Options
    Szejm said:
    Noaani said:
    Szejm said:
    Noaani said:

bounty
    How much?

I have no idea what currency and it doesn't matter. It will certenly give bounty hunter some profit -  encourage people to be bounty hunters. 

You said it would be very rewarding.

Your words, you chose to use the word "very" about something that you in fact have no idea at all about.
  • Options
    Noaani said:
    You said it would be very rewarding.

Your words, you chose to use the word "very" about something that you in fact have no idea at all about.

It's difrent for everyone(diferent perspective). If someone doesn't like pvp even this might not be rewarding enough to encourage to be bounty hunter. For me it would be enough just to have nearby "reds" marked on my map and I would consider "just" this very rewarding.
    Bounty, resources/materials, items drop chance all that staff makes it super hiper mega rewarding (form my perspective) and i will most certenly use that sytem all the time. 

from now on call me bounty hunter-san. lol xD
  • Options
    Szejm said:

Bounty, resources/materials, items drop chance all that staff makes it super hiper mega rewarding (form my perspective) and i will most certenly use that sytem all the time. 

Cool, you found a type of open PvP that appeals to you.

This means your entire argument is debunked.
  • Options
    Noaani said:
    Szejm said:

Cool, you found a type of open PvP that appeals to you.

This means your entire argument is debunked.
    Lol, NO. Use logic, I know girls don't like it, mayby it hurts them or something. This means we are back to square one. No open world pvp = no job for bounty hunters. 

Im waiting for next live stream mayby they will reveal some news/changes about open world pvp system.