Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Official Livestream - July 9th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A thread

Comments

• Will the game have specific animations for player characters that players can be trigger with a chatbox command?

For instance, if I type "/cheer" will my character clap and shout triumphantly?

If so, how extensive will these commands be? Will there be different "Personality" sets containing slightly different Idle animations and facial expressions that I can either equip as a cosmetic, or activate with a command?

Such as "/injured" causing my character to move as though he is in pain, "/drunk" allowing me to stumble around in an inebriated manner, or "/angry" causing my character's face to grimace and/or scowl instead of using the default facial expression animations.
  • Hello cast magic spell system will be same like we see?
    I mean this system "press hotkey to push fireball" and wait 5 second is rly boring

More atmosphere to the game maybe will give system like this from Arx Fatalis

Feeling is like we rly cast something and give nice atmosphere to the game.
    When someone go melee with us we still can cast everything this is hmm strange
  • If I am to make 2 alts so I can Mine, Process and craft one particular type of end-item. can my processor and end-crafter be lowbies? would it be enough for my main to be the miner since theoretically he would be the one running around in the world?
  • Will it be possible to switch running animations ingame? I have experience of looking hours onto a character with a weird way of running leading me to switch race/gender/class. In real life different people also run in slightly different ways and especially in this game where you can focus on exploring running is a huge part. 
  • Any information on the estimated duration of Alpha 1 and its time frame(s)?
    e.g 2 months each phase, two times a week the servers will be available for XX hrs
  • Please confirm that the only way for a player to rid themselves of corruption is by dying or going through a long holy quest line.  #NoMindlessGankersHere please!
  • Will primary "support" classes such as Bards have enough benefit for multiple characters' abilities to overlap in a raid setting and still remain effective? Or will a typical raid only want 1 Bard per raid rather than potentially as many as 1 per group?
  • Hello friends at Intrepid,

(The only Devs in history who actually feel like friends)

Games such as BDO and GW2 have done large scale PVP in a way that has created extreme expectations for ashes’ node wars. The world versus world in Guild wars is unbelievably smooth and has created amazing memories for many in the MMO community. People have invested thousands of hours into these PVP systems because of how diverse and polished the battles are.

Question: Do you think that AoC’s Large scale PVP in Ue4 can live up to these ultra-high standards? Or even better, surpass them? If so, what are some big steps you have/are taking to accomplish this goal?

Thanks for all you have done so far!
  • You mentioned a while back that you might lift the NDA for Alpha 0. Is that still something you might do before A1 or no? #PrayingToTheSandalGodForGoblinPowers

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018

When will we begin to see sea combat in the testing phases? Also send nodes part 3.

• First off. How was the cake?

Second. are you ready to give some in-depth info about husbandry yet?

#Summoner=TheBest
  • You have mentioned that you will be moving into a new studio. When will this happen and can we expect a final studio tour of both the new and old studio?
  • Will Mike Bacon hangout with us more in Discord? -Summer
  • SEA, SHIPS, do there's will be big monster raid bosses on water like LEVIATHAN, KRAKEN ? 

Big sea battle with many ships ?

ARENA ships battle ?
    edited July 2018
    What is the time to kill (how quickly can you kill people) going to be on AoC, assuming both players are equally geared on a high damage class? 

• Here are a few questions i had.

-Can we expect to see talent trees and how will they be presented. Will they be like vanilla wow format or something more linear?

- Can we expect a shapeshifting class?

-Will the system be tab target or more action? Is there a way that a player can choose which they would prefer to use?

- How will mob respawn times be handled? In the case of questing in large populated areas. 

- Will their be attunments to enter raids?

-Will their be special items we can get for having high reputation with certain factions?

-How will loot drops be handled for dungeons and raids? Will their be several options to chose from or will it be personal loot? 

-Will the interface be changeable? Will we be able to modify and move the acions bars, name plates etc?

- How will bag slots work. Will their be a fixed amount or can we find and or craft bags to increase the space?

-Will their be an ingame quest gps or will people have to figure it out on ther own?

- Will we have built in threat meters?

• Will there be nature and earth magic, or perhaps deities that clerics choose which will modify their skills/heals?

The class table looks great but the absence of ‘Druid’ when there are 64 classes is disappointing. 
  • I have a question about religions Nodes.  If you select a evil/corrupt God and level your Node with that focus, at some node level will that effect neighboring nodes and players?  Also i assume it would unlock new PVE changes int hat area of the world.  And would it decrease the corruption received from PVP on non combatants.?
  • Hi,

For EUROPE, I hope IntrepidStudio will be the official distributor and not a patnership with a kind of EA or other distributor...

Which languages will be available at realease in add of English ?
    edited July 2018
    Has the AoC team had to step back and pivot in an entirely new direction? If so, what was it and why?
  • For Class customization, when combining two classes together will it just alter the skills from the originally picked Class? Or will the Skills become completely different? For example a player chooses Tank for their first Class, then Summoner and becomes a Brood Warden. Will the Tanks skill "Bulwark" just change aesthetically (E.G. Summons undead bodies rising to make the wall and knock down enemies) Or will the skill change mechanically (E.G. Summons 5 armored undead which block X amount of damage taken and pull up to 3 enemies in when attacked at range). Thanks for your great work and keeping the community up to speed! Loving the progress made so far.
  • Will it be possible for tavern owners to create quests for food materials offline? That way I can still provide players with food for sale while I'm at work through my NPC?
  • Will I be able to have an NPC to play music at the tavern? Or choose the music I want played at the tavern from a selection of Bear's music?

• Hey, everyone! 
    Once again we’re collecting questions to answer during the July 9th Twitch stream starting at 3:00 PM PST/PDT.

Please post your questions in this thread and we’ll pick around 10 or so to answer live on-stream. Please, only one question per person. Additional questions will likely not get answered. 

Thanks for your help!
    Catch the broadcast here on the Ashes of Creation Twitch Channel
    Missed a previous Livestream and you want to catch up? check out the Ashes of Creation Youtube Channel

• KUALUA LUMPUR what they are doing ? and same in PARIS ?
  • Fishing Question
    How will fishing work?
    will it be anything like UO, will we be able to fish-up anything from fish to armor to treasure maps, etc.
    or will it be more like ESO, with common fish, rare fish, epic fish?
    edited July 2018
    Would there be action control scheme ? I mean something similiar to wild star.
  • Are you going to release a Ashes of Creation Pathfinder/D&D kit? Before or after release?
  • What is Frame Cap Gonna Be? 60?

• Are you guys going to Twitchcon?
This discussion has been closed.