Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha 1 Stress Test Journey

Hello Ashlings!

I thought about making a video and what not but I'm just no good at content creating but nonetheless I've seen many players enquiring about the Alpha Stress Test.

The stress test is currently under a visual NDA so many content creators are holding off on information until the NDA is lifted (I imagine it is mainly because the Alpha will be easier to explain with a visual representation)

Therefore I decided to help out a wee bit by bringing you some of the content creator stuff regarding personal experiences in the Alpha Stress Test.

@squeetee Has been posting about his experience from the first test and has been updating as he goes along. You can read about it on the AoC Dungeon!

@Krojak Uploaded some great alpha stress test thoughts which is really engaging ^^ Can watch part 1 here and part 2 here!

@Fooshyy Is also keeping us updated with his experience here is part 1 and part 2. Fooshyy also has some additional AoC updates in his videos too which are great!

From the DCN ~ this video ^^ Always great work from these guys!

A big thank you guys for keeping us updated before the NDA lifts! It is appreciated!

My personal experience:

I came across bugs during the installation and connection to a match. I only managed to load into one game but the performance was poor and I couldn't do anything. Even though I didn't manage to "play" I was able to report my problems. Which I think is a success in itself!

Comments

• Options
    Nice post. :)
    It would be interesting to learn what CPU and Video Card people are running in the test and how fluid the game feels. Almost all the feedback I've listened to thus far, the testers have had 8700k's and 1080 Ti's.. Which makes sense, since, if you have $500 to drop as a backer, chances are you have a decent system. Just wondering about lesser systems though...
  • Options
    Shoklen said:
    Nice post. :)
    It would be interesting to learn what CPU and Video Card people are running in the test and how fluid the game feels. Almost all the feedback I've listened to thus far, the testers have had 8700k's and 1080 Ti's.. Which makes sense, since, if you have $500 to drop as a backer, chances are you have a decent system. Just wondering about lesser systems though...
    I can imagine once the Alpha 1 opens up to registered users this type of information can be gathered easily :3 
  • Options
    how did you stay up to play I kept falling asleep before the time ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:
    All the coffee.
  • Options
    Krojak said:
    nagash said:
    All the coffee.
    Must be as I drink earl grey 
  • Options
    @nagash If you want the in-depth story of my night it went something like this ~

I decided it would be wise to hit they hay early and allow the client to install everything as I slept. At 21:00 (my time) I went to bed and set my alarm for 01:50 in the morning for the 02:00 start~

My puppy woke me up about 01:30 and so I decided to check out how things were going. To my dismay, the client stopped downloading at 20% as I slept blaaah....

A simple click of a button and the client resumed its download...

I decided this time I wouldn't go back for a snooze but instead watch all the other community members share their experiences and bugs as I waited to catch up with the download. I had a coffee and a milkyway...

The majority of what was being reported were client issues and a few (in my opinion) minor bugs considering how early in A1 we are. It was great to watch how interactive the devs were with the players- and how detailed the players were being with their feedback.

After a further 2 hours of catch up download I was finally ready to launch the game! 

I log on to the lobby, the waiting room for matches...

I adjusted my settings etc and hit the ready button~

After about 10 minutes of queuing I was finally connecting to the game! 

Then I was stuck on ... What can I say... A visual of a sky and sea with a blood red hue! Kinda like the eclipse from Berserk~

I was stuck on this screen for a good 10 minutes or so and I couldn't return to the lobby so had to restart everything!

*boop* reported the issue~

Then I tried again and this time I got past the storm screen and got stuck on a UI screen in which everything was blacked out asides from the UI!

Now there isn't a loading screen so I did expect this but after a long looong wait no progress being made and I had to restart everything again...

*boop* problem reported.

Now third time lucky I managed connect to a match with no hiccups at all.  When I got in though my character wouldn't load. I was invisible and so *boop reported*

By the time that all happened the stress test was over aha but I would have had a better opportunity if I hadn't slept through the download time xD

• Options
    wow that was indeed in-depth ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:
    I didn't want to disappoint! xD
  • Options
    Downloaded around 75% got an error message, tried to screenshot it, but messed up, but it was already reported. Reinstalled, got same error message, clicked past it and got fully downloaded and pressed LAUNCH button, got error message with grey screen to report the crash message, but the SEND buttons were greyed out.  Followed a link in the crash screen and copied info and posted.  Test was over.  Next night redid the install, got to LAUNCH button same error, reported, try to redownload and test was called for the night.  Needless to say it didn't go well for me.

I just hope they get whatever is doing this fixed.
  • Options
    Be interesting to know who is using wifi and who is using hardline.
    Might be interesting to try a cable if you have the option and arent using one.
    Just to rule it out.
  • Options
    there is now also this video from the DCN.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Nagash, are you a you-tube / twitch content creator?

I think your channel would have to be amusing.

• Options
    Crymoar said:
    nagash said:
    Nagash, are you a you-tube / twitch content creator?

I think your channel would have to be amusing.

No I've never made any content that's why I have so much respect for people who do.
  • Options
    Going to give fluff...I have a beast system and the game is beautiful.  I am going wait for release before logging back on. I am excited to see the finished product after my first experience in the game. I had a few concerns but the game is in alpha and prople have addressed already. For the stage the game is in... it has a lot of promise.
  • Options
    Got my Stress Test invite this morning :)
    To attempting to log in! And glory!
  • Options
    I waited up for the last stress test had coffee and loud music in my headphones. downloaded the client..........   woke up in front of my cold coffee at 7am GMT.....  Hopefully there will be some more EU friendly testing times for the upcoming testing.  I am encouraged by the various times announcement :)
  • Options
    I waited up for the last stress test had coffee and loud music in my headphones. downloaded the client..........   woke up in front of my cold coffee at 7am GMT.....  Hopefully there will be some more EU friendly testing times for the upcoming testing.  I am encouraged by the various times announcement :)
    It does look like they are having different testing times now
  • Options
    Looking forward to the stress test coming up.. I plan to make a video about my experience for those who can't play yet.
  • Options
    I know I'm a little late, but thank you fpr the update @Diura :)
  • Options
    Woot, just got the first email just waiting on the second for setup I'll be there soon to share stories with you all.
  • Options

• Options
    Can we make videos on this test, or is there an NDA?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Can we make videos on this test, or is there an NDA?

StevenYesterday at 8:57 PM

Visual NDA is likely still in effect for another week or so

• Options
    Wish I could have been there too! But you did your job and reported the bugs so well done!
  • Options
    Anyone get the second email yet?

• Options
    Theyll be sent out today
  • Options
    HYPED.
    Question on the rewards for participating in the tests. How is participation measured to determine the rewards (e.g. take part in x number of hours)?
  • Options
    I've been waiting 2 years for this. Come on invite <3
  • Options
    I'm a Braver of New Worlds kickstarter backer since july 1st 2017. I got the email from Intrepid on the 6th of September in regards to a stress test. I have added both emails to my contact list waiting in preparation to the testing but i have not received a follow up email to download the client. Since i'm in Oceanic region i wonder if the stress test is for NA players only. Can any Devs help a bloke out cheers.
  • Options
    "By receiving this email, your account has been confirmed for processing. You can expect an email with your testing credentials and set up instructions within the following 7 days."