Alpha 1 Stress Test Journey

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    HYPED.
    Question on the rewards for participating in the tests. How is participation measured to determine the rewards (e.g. take part in x number of hours)?
    I believe they said more will be revealed as testing is coming along. But the more you test and the more bugs you post will get you a reward, so if they see your name a lot on those bug reports, and if those reports are comprehensive with screenshots, etc, you're due for a reward.
  • thanks
  • Darksaber said:
    HYPED.
    Question on the rewards for participating in the tests. How is participation measured to determine the rewards (e.g. take part in x number of hours)?
    I believe they said more will be revealed as testing is coming along. But the more you test and the more bugs you post will get you a reward, so if they see your name a lot on those bug reports, and if those reports are comprehensive with screenshots, etc, you're due for a reward.
    Thanks for clarifying that :)
  • reaccon said:
    Theyll be sent out today
    Do you have a source for that?
  • I have my first email... I guess I have to live with Soon­™
  • i regret writing that, someone told me they gonna be sent out today. but it seems the team is still struggling with some stuff. so no official announcement about that
  • reaccon said:
    i regret writing that, someone told me they gonna be sent out today. but it seems the team is still struggling with some stuff. so no official announcement about that
    I wait patiently for them to fix netcode, performance issues, etc. before testing as a Summer backer.  10k users was too aggressive anyway.
    Discord > AoC > News >
    Steven 9/22 4:46 AM EST:
    everyone Glorious Ashes Community, the store update is live, if you are an alpha 1 backer, tonight’s test was delayed due to some unforeseen bugs in the build. The team and I have just headed home, but will be up first thing in the morning working on getting a viable build candidate available to stress test. Will keep you informed.
  • Mazikar said:
    I have my first email... I guess I have to live with Soon­™
    Same here.  I got my first email back on Wednesday, I still have no email with my credentials yet.
  • Just received my email ~10min ago or so, currently waiting in queue :p  
    edited September 2018
    Small issue I had was the big ole button at the bottom of the launcher could not be clicked and had to be tabbed to in order to View and Install. 
  • I am wondering how people have stress tester or alpha tester next to their names?
  • Still downloading is this only slow for me ?
    Cant wait anymore XD

• Julson said:
    Still downloading is this only slow for me ?
    Cant wait anymore XD

Went pretty quick for me
    edited September 2018
    Received my 2nd email with login credentials.  Client downloaded in literally 5 minutes.  Still working on getting into an actual match.  Searching for the Alpha I support email as well, if anyone has.  I'm juiced to get in there and break some things.

I was assuming there'd be a dedicated support email for Alpha I testers.  Unless my reading comprehension has gone south, and that is possible, I didn't see one in the communications I received.

Have fun testing everyone!!  See ya soon.

• I actually cant find any way to provide feedback on the stress test. There dont appear to be any "submit feedback" buttons ingame, and there's no "stress test" forum here either. 

Anyone got any ideas? there's definetely feedback i want to provide, just no idea how/where.
  • Hi there anyone else experiencing the problem that you can´t log in after entering your credentials as the launch button is not click/viewable. Tried to use the tabkey as Doureiku suggested but won´t work for me. So i cant get in the game ;((
  • I was able to get in. I was getting "out of video memory" errors with my 1080 :neutral:

After I received the error my login no longer works and it says I'm not authorize to login. Hmmmmm guess I cant report it?
  • vampora said:
    I was able to get in. I was getting "out of video memory" errors with my 1080 :neutral:

After I received the error my login no longer works and it says I'm not authorize to login. Hmmmmm guess I cant report it?
    The server is down for the night now. 
    edited September 2018
    I was able to get it started once... got logged in then it crashed, now it says my credentials are bad (says I am not authorized for the service). Guess I am done... I also do not see where I am supposed to go or if there is a alpha section to post on. Please do not tell me it is on discord only.

edit: and it is discord only... I hate discord. Oh well I guess I have to put up with it. Would be nice to at least keep the main sight up to date with a testing schedule. 
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, this is perfectly typical for a stress test phase.  I'm sure that when we were all trying to get on the server population was high.  After all we are testing to see how the servers behave under stress.  Most likely the issues we were witnessing was the servers not being able to handle some aspect or another, the development/support team identified it, took the servers down to make the necessary changes/enhancements.

This, of course, is just my personal perspective.  But as a Global IT Project Manager, it's something I see on just about every project I've ever worked on.  We can plan on this happening quite a bit during Alpha, albeit not for the same reason.  And if we don't, it just means most likely others that have gone before us already have.

Patience will be a core competency for all of us.  I'm sure we will have another email in our boxes today or tomorrow.
  • Mazikar said:
    I was able to get it started once... got logged in then it crashed, now it says my credentials are bad (says I am not authorized for the service). Guess I am done... I also do not see where I am supposed to go or if there is a alpha section to post on. Please do not tell me it is on discord only.

edit: and it is discord only... I hate discord. Oh well I guess I have to put up with it. Would be nice to at least keep the main sight up to date with a testing schedule. 
    There are forums. They will be giving the new players access at some point this week. At least that is what we were told. 
  • I had to restart the client once so that the game would actually download, afterwards I waited awhile before going on discord to see I was doing something wrong, but I was able to get into a match for like 2-3 minutes before I got dropped, but the game looks better then I expected.

Was better then my roommates experience he was getting some common launcher error.

My rig is older and I only have a Nvidia gtx 760 graphics card, but I'm building a new computer in January.

• this is the first game i'm testing, ever.. and i'm more than excited to get in. what i'd like to know is what times the servers are going to be operational. unless i've missed it, that part isn't clear. they should also change the error message when the servers are down lol. being told i'm not authorised to access it is a big difference from the servers are off :P.

i'm hyped for this. the experience of the game before it's fully released is gonna be cool, but i'll be doing all sorts of things. gonna try to break it so whatever breaks can be fixed :P. gotta do the job right and not just have fun lol.
  • Everyone does alpha different. Once I get a groove on how they are doing it everything will be cool. Looking forward to giving it a go. Still trying to get my new RTX 2080 something worthy to chew on. 
  • i5-7600k GTX 1060 and I ran it like a boss.
    edited September 2018
    So, while we wait for news and when we can test, I thought I'd post my system's build components.  I've been building my own boxes since 1993.  This one is not exactly "bleeding edge" technology, but will handle just about anything available at the highest settings.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Processor:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), OC'd to 5.2GHz 
    Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator
    Graphics: 2 X SLI  =  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING, 11GB GDDR5X
    Motherboard:  ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA 
    Storage: 2 X Samsung 960 PRO Series - 512GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD; 1 X 
    Power Supply:  EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 T2, 80+ TITANIUM 1000W
    Cooling:  EKW Custom Cooling (built myself) 2 X separate loops, pumps and manifolds, (blue coolant cools CPU manifold) (green coolant feeds and cools both GTX 1080s manifolds)
    Case: Thermaltake Tower 900 Tempered Glass Fully Modular E-ATX Vertical Super Tower Gaming Case  (Pics attached <sorry about the fingerprints>)

Anyway for the 30 mins I was able to get into the game, it ran super smooth, as expected.

Let's hear from everyone what they will be testing on.

• That is a pretty sick build ^^ Kudos @Kraemer
  • I am still running my 3 year old i7-4790 but to be honest it still chews up games like a boss. The 4790 factory at 4GHz with the boost at 4.4 and super easy to OC. I currently am running it at factory as the ram is having issues at the faster clocks. No biggy. I intend on building a new system in a couple months, but this will get me down the road till then. I will take the new RTX 2080 for the new system and put the GTX 970 back into this one and hand it over to the wife when I upgrade. 

Nice system @Kraemer ! Building PCs is also one of my passions. I worked as a tech for 10 years, loved it. Been building my systems since 95, started being a tech in 97. Quite a bit has changed lol. Even in 97 I was helping people fix the old 386's. 
  • Got my credentials yesterday in an email.... Downloaded launcher in less then 3 minutes.... Try to log in for past 24 hours.... "You are not authorized for this service." Ughhhhh Alphas

• Drahnis said:
    Got my credentials yesterday in an email.... Downloaded launcher in less then 3 minutes.... Try to log in for past 24 hours.... "You are not authorized for this service." Ughhhhh Alphas

It ended last night. That is just the message you get when it’s offline.