Alpha 1 Stress Test Journey

Comments

• Hmm, I didn't get that email, even though I was online testing for 30 minutes.  
  • Just wonder if i will be able to click the launch button next time to be able to get into the game ;P looking so forward to get a first glimpse on it after i left Eso over a year ago.
  • Sintu said:
    Drahnis said:
    Got my credentials yesterday in an email.... Downloaded launcher in less then 3 minutes.... Try to log in for past 24 hours.... "You are not authorized for this service." Ughhhhh Alphas

It ended last night. That is just the message you get when it’s offline. 

Yes found that out after making this post. Thanks. Wished they would have left the download server up so we could at least grab the client.... 
  • Drahnis said:
    Sintu said:
    Drahnis said:
    Got my credentials yesterday in an email.... Downloaded launcher in less then 3 minutes.... Try to log in for past 24 hours.... "You are not authorized for this service." Ughhhhh Alphas

It ended last night. That is just the message you get when it’s offline. 

Yes found that out after making this post. Thanks. Wished they would have left the download server up so we could at least grab the client.... 
    The new test will all but likely have a new client. Each test that I have been apart of we have been asked to delete all of the old and download and install a new one. 

• Only just got to to access my emails now, downloaded the launcher, entered the credentials, and got "You are not authorised to access the service".
    Is the test period over? 
  • Looks like there are some things that this last test session revealed.  They will most likely make the changes and re-release the new client and changes for another test session shortly.
  • Only just got to to access my emails now, downloaded the launcher, entered the credentials, and got "You are not authorised to access the service".
    Is the test period over? 
    Look a few posts up...the test ended this weekend.  Sorry, but just be ready for more emails on later tests.
  • I got the email the day of the test.  I had no chance to actually log in until it was too late.  Hopefully next time they give us more than a last-minute notice.
  • Visiting relatives out of state, access to my computer was limited, but was able to log in briefly, and I guess you could say I played some; got sent back to lobby, and then server came down.  It took about 2.5 hrs. to download.
  • Sintu said:
    Only just got to to access my emails now, downloaded the launcher, entered the credentials, and got "You are not authorised to access the service".
    Is the test period over? 
    Look a few posts up...the test ended this weekend.  Sorry, but just be ready for more emails on later tests.
    I hope there'll be more this weekend.
  • "By receiving this email, your account has been confirmed for processing. You can expect an email with your testing credentials and set up instructions within the following 7 days."
    Yeah I got that as well...been over a week.
  • Finally at the Lobby. Anyone else have a constant 'not ready' prompt?
  • Yes.  I always get that "not ready".  It's not intuitive.  Even though it says, "not ready", be patient and don't leave the screen.  You will be connected to the game server.  It is just very slooooowwwww.  After a bit of time, you will see, "connecting to game server...." or something to that effect.  I walked away the first time and when I came back I was dead.  By the way, what is the deal when I die I'm then looking at someone else playing with the same camera angle as if I were playing, it's just the player that killed me.  Not sure if that is by design or a bug I should report.  Anyone...
  • Thank you for this
  • A masssive improvement in performance for me! I load in no bother now \o/ yeaaay! Whatever fixes they are doing behind the scenes are working (for me anyway!). The game runs smoothly at high settings (can't do epic but I can live with that!). I've yet to encounter bugs in the game but I'm sure I'll find them! 
  • Yeah, I'm running the game very smooth with all settings on "Epic".  Still learning the mechanics and programming my keyboard.  Very simplistic mechanically, but to be expected in Alpha phase.  Everything that is in game seems pretty solid, with the exception of some known bugs, floating stuff, etc.
  • Played 4k epic with a 1080ti. only 1/4 minimap shows,
    graphic fidelity is good, observed a random door floating in the sky (bug)
    I however don't enjoy the current combat system out of preference to play.
    Oceanic ping/latency has dodge roll input, environmental interaction and combat lag* is not enjoyably at my end.

Probably going to hold of till tab target combat systems are integrated.
  • Whocando said:
    Played 4k epic with a 1080ti. only 1/4 minimap shows,
    graphic fidelity is good, observed a random door floating in the sky (bug)
    I however don't enjoy the current combat system out of preference to play.
    Oceanic ping/latency has dodge roll input, environmental interaction and combat lag* is not enjoyably at my end.

Probably going to hold of till tab target combat systems are integrated.
    The achilles heal of rapid combat was always going to be the ping.
    Either they build a combat system that allows for it, highly localise servers, or combat is going to suck eggs for many.
  • I actually got in for the first time today.  It wasn't "fun", but at least I was able to do something. :)
  • I got in and spent 6hrs testing yesterday and to my shame did not get a single kill lol.  Should have read the instructions.  I Did really enjoy it tho.  Really really really need to improve my action combat skills tho.  As I usually do all movement on my Naga and not AWSD I hope that the facility to change keymap will be put in before launch.   That is enough of the excuses.  I was very pleasantly surprised at the smoothness, collision detection and general performance even on my ageing PC on mid range settings. 
  • I'm not good at PvP, but with exploring and avoidance I made it to the last 10 many times and even last 3 a few times.  

Reticule and cursor will be lost every now and then which made it harder.  

Figuring out how to make armor abilities icons show up was tricky for me, but finally figured out that you have to do an attack swing to make them show up to be able to use them.

I think most people are going to love polymorph; I know I did.

Not being able to get on furniture was disappointing, but that really wasn't part of the test, with the exception of tables.  Speaking of tables there was one type that had a plant on it that fluctuated in size and you can kill it.  I'm not sure if that's a bug or intended, but it was fun to destroy it.

Overall, I'd say for an Alpha it's in a good spot.  Never had more than 30 people in a bout though.
  • The one thing that caused me a bit of frustration, to the point of logging out, is the lack of responsiveness along the "vertical axis" on my mouse.  I can turn left and right, but when I need to look down to pick up something like gear, it literally takes me over 1 minute to quickly drag mouse down to get the recticle over the item in order to hit E and pick it up. 

You can imagine how frustrating that is when you need to change the camera aspect to target someone who is trying to kill you.  It's a lose, lose situation and I die every time.  I've tried adjusting the mouse sensitivity in the Settings section, but, although the values change, they don't seem to have any effect.  

Has anyone else experienced this?  If so, have you found a solution or work around?
  • Finally at the Lobby. Anyone else have a constant 'not ready' prompt?
    It was posted somewhere that the "not ready" floating over the character is a known bug they are working to remove.
  • Testing is finished for this week.  Was only opened for the weekend.  Most likely next session is next weekend.
  • I got in and spent 6hrs testing yesterday and to my shame did not get a single kill lol.  Should have read the instructions.
    I read the instructions and knew how to play.  On login I immediately ran around to try to replace my default weapon (because the instructions warned that the default weapon was pathetic).  Almost immediately, someone began blasting me with a magic attack.  I have no idea how they could have gotten a weapon so quickly; good luck or taking advantage of an exploit?

I ran for cover and escaped.  I found some boots in a house, and in another I found a book to let me cast a spell.  I never got a chance to try it though before someone found me and killed me with one shot (I had barely any health left from before, and you don’t regenerate over time apparently).

So my session ended pretty quickly and I couldn’t get in again.  Not very fun.  Graphics seemed nice but the optimization isn’t there yet; my system is decent but the game was very choppy.  Again, it’s alpha so these kinds of things are expected.
  • At this point im wondering when I get the forum title lol
  • Keep getting the "You are not authorised to access the service" message again, anyone else getting the same thing?
  • They took down the servers to fix some things.

Glorious Testers,

The servers have been brought down for maintenance and bug fixes.  We will notify you when testing resumes.  Thank you for your patience! We appreciate your dedication and help during the alpha testing process <3
    Received that email @ 2:00 AM EDT.
  • Thanks for clarifying, just checked, got it too!
  • Any moderator willing to give me roles for alpha stress tester? kind of pointless without access to the forum.