Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How far behind are we actually?

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Azathoth wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »
    Well guys, if they keep what they promised, then we only have to wait 11 more days until Apoc ;)

should we place bets ^^

Are we betting Embers?

I was thinking soul gems but embers work too
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    KaienKaien Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    sunfrog wrote: »
    It's too early to call 2021 but it's nice to see that the overall feeling of this thread is positive.

Yeah and thats great we all want a good game and being negative is pointless. Its done when its done :smiley:
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well guys, if they keep what they promised, then we only have to wait 11 more days until Apoc ;)

should we place bets ^^

Are we betting Embers?

Would you settle for a pair of slightly worn socks instead?
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options

should we place bets ^^

Are we betting Embers?

sorry but no holy socks :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options

should we place bets ^^

Are we betting Embers?

sorry but no holy socks :D

Blessed are the toes that wiggle in the cold.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    Betting phylacteries might be interesting...
  • Options
    Shoklen wrote: »

Like any of you meat bags use phylacteries
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

I have a cookie jar with the word "phylactery" written on the outside.... That doesn't count? :tongue:

On a side topic... I guess Voldemort was a Lich.. Not sure why my meat-noodle didn't put 2 and 2 together faster.. lol...
  • Options

I have a cookie jar with the word "phylactery" written on the outside.... That doesn't count? :tongue:

On a side topic... I guess Voldemort was a Lich.. Not sure why my meat-noodle didn't put 2 and 2 together faster.. lol...

Know that you mention it he would be classed as a lich
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Both the words “horcrux” and “phylactery” sound dirty.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »
    Both the words “horcrux” and “phylactery” sound dirty.

They only sound dirty if you're a dirty perv, you horcrux stroking freak. If you don't like it, you can stick it in your phylactery.

*Goes back to munching cheetos from the bushes outside Olivia Munn's window, waiting and watching, always watching.*
  • Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Are we betting Embers?

I can do soul gems, I have all these pointless souls of humankind lying about anyways.

State your terms Dead Lord.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    nurce1998nurce1998 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2019
    I recently purchased an Alienware r8 with i9 and rtx2080ti because I thought this was going to release soon.

Should I hold off on that purchase and wait to get one when it releases?

• Options
    I recently purchased an Alienware i9 and rtx2080ti because I thought this was going to release soon.

Depends how much money you want to spend. That hardware you bought will last you a few years regardless. Intrepid intends for the game to run well on any system, but of course we won't know whether that is true until much later on the development process.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options

Depends how much money you want to spend. That hardware you bought will last you a few years regardless. Intrepid intends for the game to run well on any system, but of course we won't know whether that is true until much later on the development process.

Well I spent $3000 on this one with dells sale. And they haven’t shipped it yet, because it needs to be built.

I might cancel it if this game is that far out.

Was going to buy the alpha testing and beta bundle as well.
  • Options
    ShoklenShoklen Member
    edited August 2019
    I recently purchased an Alienware r8 with i9 and rtx2080ti because I thought this was going to release soon.

You'll be fine for years to come with that setup. If you want to wait, you can... New hardware this Fall, but that is every Fall..

I played Apoc on my i5 Ivy Bridge with a Geforce 760 2GB Card; ran fine. I will be upgrading but people will not need bleeding-edge hardware to run this game (BR or MMO).
  • Options

You'll be fine for years to come with that setup. If you want to wait, you can... New hardware this Fall, but that is every Fall..

I played Apoc on my i5 Ivy Bridge with a Geforce 760 2GB Card; ran fine. I will be upgrading but people will not need bleeding-edge hardware to run this game (BR or MMO).

I cancelled my order. I know the machine was going to last. But I want the newest technology when this game releases. I’ll order a new one once I know this game is actually releasing.

• Options
    SoulsOnFireSoulsOnFire Member, Settler, Kickstarter

I cancelled my order. I know the machine was going to last. But I want the newest technology when this game releases. I’ll order a new one once I know this game is actually releasing.

It will be a pain if you actually dislike the game completely and realize all the waiting was for nothing. Your own choice, ofcourse.
    Tq3LCNj.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I thought this game was going into alpha 2 testing. I didn’t know it wasn’t even in alpha 1.

They have a long way to go. Next year about this time will be Beta 2.

Is it worth playing the pre alpha free game to see how the gameplay is?
  • Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    We're one day behind on all the stuff we have to do tomorrow.
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2019
    @bmwpower603 We have been with the game for quite some time now. APOC is free so why not try it. It's good to see some progress on the systems.

If you want to test the other MMO systems besides combat, I'd go for Alpha-1 Alpha-2 (edit: 17th aug 2019 2:34PMCEST).
    forum_sig2.png
    Come take a look at ashesofcreation.wiki!
  • Options
    syl wrote: »
    @bmwpower603 We have been with the game for quite some time now. APOC is free so why not try it. It's good to see some progress on the systems.

If you want to test the other MMO systems besides combat, I'd go for Alpha-1.

Alpha 1 is closed beta? I only see alpha 2 available in packages to purchase.

• Options
    mozsta69mozsta69 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Im also betting on a 2021 release.
    What Im really hoping to see is at least in the next 6-8 months some alpha/beta (whatever you want to call it) testing on MMO world mechanics. How ever simple they may be.
  • Options
    sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm sorry, I meant Alpha-2, since it's up for grabs at the moment.
    forum_sig2.png
    Come take a look at ashesofcreation.wiki!
  • Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
    We are infinitely behind. Everyday i am not playing we are 2 more days behind. At this point I'm pretty sure IS plans on never* releasing like a certain civilian of space game.

Or, we're not behind at all because we all want the game to be released when it is finished and polished. Whichever.

*edit
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    mozsta69 wrote: »
    What Im really hoping to see is at least in the next 6-8 months some alpha/beta (whatever you want to call it) testing on MMO world mechanics. How ever simple they may be.

It better not be 2021.. December 2020 at the latest would be acceptable.
    I just bought an i9 9900k and rtx 2080ti. And that will probably be outdated by 2021!!!
  • Options

I just bought an i9 9900k and rtx 2080ti. And that will probably be outdated by 2021!!!

Although I agree that the game should be here around December 2020, I believe 2080ti won't be outdated by 2021. It will remain to be one of the best. In 2 years 1070ti might be outdated. Besides Intrepid aims their game for medium-high end computers. In the podcast Q&A yesterday, Steven said ' Our last benchmark was 80fps at EPIC settings with a GTX 960' regarding the question about MMO fps so you've nothing to worry about.
    signature.png
  • Options
    Magic Man wrote: »

Although I agree that the game should be here around December 2020, I believe 2080ti won't be outdated by 2021. It will remain to be one of the best. In 2 years 1070ti might be outdated. Besides Intrepid aims their game for medium-high end computers. In the podcast Q&A yesterday, Steven said ' Our last benchmark was 80fps at EPIC settings with a GTX 960' regarding the question about MMO fps so you've nothing to worry about.

That is hard to believe that 80fps is possible with that card. The game looks better than any mmo to date. A high end graphics card will be necessary especially with raiding/ high populated areas.
  • Options
    Magic Man wrote: »

That is hard to believe that 80fps is possible with that card. The game looks better than any mmo to date. A high end graphics card will be necessary especially with raiding/ high populated areas.

I'm fine with that as long as it is stable. There's nothing worse than trying to play with constant lag spikes and fps drops.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    it's just a shame that with the amount of time they are are going to take that they couldn't find a way to self publish in EU
    nJ0vUSm.gif