Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

How far behind are we actually?

124»

Comments

• swooxieswooxie Member, Intrepid Pack
    Nagash wrote: »
    it's just a shame that with the amount of time they are are going to take that they couldn't find a way to self publish in EU
    If the backend issue was only found earlier :(

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    swooxie wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    it's just a shame that with the amount of time they are are going to take that they couldn't find a way to self publish in EU
    If the backend issue was only found earlier :(

yeah
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • nurce1998nurce1998 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The question you need to ask your self. Is, when will APOC alpha 1 testing begin? Once you have that. You can get an estimate on the MMO. ( Once the APOC alpha 1 testing starts, roughly a year later will come the AoC testing phases)

Hopefully APOC alpha 1 comes before Christmas. I’ll be disappointed if it doesn’t.
  • crownofthornscrownofthorns Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I've come to the realization that the sad reality of MMORPGs and OARPGs is that most of them shouldn't really be judged or fully enjoyed until about 2-3 years post release. Unfortunately most games release as soon as possible for earnings as well as demand from the starved community and thus usually are way less polished and have less content then they eventually end up being. It seems like almost every MMORPG is way better 2-3 years down the line but usually almost dead as we jump to the next rushed project.

That is why I really hope they take their time ultimately, because usually whatever the reception is at launch is what people remember. (D3 is also a good non-MMO example, game has basically been redone 3 times and is a well polished game now, but most players can only remember the horrible launch).
    OhCHgZZ.png
    CROWN- MMORPG player & fan since 1995.
  • Rejoice peeps! Apoc testing will be live and persistent starting September 24th. Hopefully its uphill and steady progress from here.
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • nurce1998nurce1998 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Figures. My alienware R9 won’t arrive until October 16th.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    voidshadow wrote: »
    Rejoice peeps! Apoc testing will be live and persistent starting September 24th. Hopefully its uphill and steady progress from here.

Steven did say castle siege was coming "very soon" which is a good sign
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Its definitely good news, as far as I'm aware it means that so far their solutions are working, lets hope that this is very good news.
  • A later delay gives time to people to play Wow Classic and burn that nostalgia.
    Also we have Archeage Unchained coming, giving people to scratch that itch as well.
    By the time AoC comes it will be a fresh game, working properly and fleshed out.

These days first impressions are all that matters, so it's better to have a later release with a working game. I'd rather wait for them to have everything really thought out and enjoy the game.
    We have been waiting years for a game, waiting a bit more won't kill us.
  • leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2019
    I'm expecting it to launch in 2020, in Q3 or Q4. I'm a little bummed About timing..
  • AshesCreationAshesCreation Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2021
    Wish you all the best