Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Misc. Game Mechanics

124»

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As far as ideas for cummications for Opne world PvP i have one or two more ideas but in this forums I cannot get passed the. Well just use discord. [/quote]

I have for the last several times I have posted in this thread to find out what your ideas are.
    Don't say Teamspeak 3 that is just another version of discord. Don't say in game proximity voice chat that is just another version of discord with a lot less control and more trolls.

So far I have seen two ideas
    Voice chat of some sort and typing in , in game chat channels.

What other options do you have to present as I would be interested in a better way to communicate?
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    consultant wrote: »
    I think you guys are missing the point. Just go to any open world event and start telling people what to do and see what happens.
    I think you are missing the point.
    Noaani wrote: »
    Sieges - join Discord and listen for instructions or be a near useless auxiliary.
    Guild wars - join Discord or look for another guild.
    Node wars - join Discord and listen for instructions or be a near useless auxiliary.
    Caravans - small scale content that doesn't need that level of communication.
    Monster coin events - larger scale content that doesn't need that level of communication.
    Bosses - join Discord or look for another guild.
    Of these, the only thing that can really be considered an open world event is the monster coin events. There is no need to have any communication at all with them, as they will be simple in their design, and obvious in the objective.

If you want to consider sieges as open world events, then you need to take in to consideration that sieges will have a core of players that are organized. If you then wish to come along and treat it as an open event, you have the choice of joining that organized group of players (if they will allow you to join) or being a near useless auxiliary.

What you are seeming to not understand is that there isn't that random nature to the bulk of this that you think there is.

Most sieges will be well organized, both attacking and defending. Same with node and guild wars. Monster coin events will - as stated above - be very simple in their design and objective.
    consultant wrote: »
    I just do not understand why people imply that voice chat will work for Open world PvP events in which you have no control who you are going play with.
    It wouldn't, but such events are not a thing in Ashes. This is what you are not understanding.

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2021
    I am definitely missing your point and don't share your vision of open world events.

Nodes will already have Discord Channels so if it's a Node event, people from your Node who are online will jump into the Node Discord Channel.
    There will also be sub-channels for each Node.

I don't agree that Voice Chat works the way you describe.
    First thing you do is see who's already in a VC channel. You don't necessarily have to ask people to join the channel.
    If you want to get more people to join VC, you could @ Everyone in a Channel.
    If you are in-game, you could send an invite to your Friends list I suppose, but typically we all enter voice chat as soon as we log in.
    We will also know where the people we play with live, so we could travel to their homes and invite them, with chat bubbles if we wanted to. If we're looking for a group.

But, if there is a battle, like a Node Siege or Castle Siege - those will be scheduled. Caravan Defense will also probably be scheduled.

Why would I need to tell 7 people outside of a dungeon that they need to join voice chat? Why would I assume that they would want to pay attention to chat bubbles in the middle of a battle. I'm not going to be paying attention to chat bubbles in the middle of a battle in any case, so I wouldn't be expecting other people to.
    If someone shouts out directions in "giant global text" I may or may not follow those directions.

I might very well use chat bubbles with strangers outside of combat, but I would not be paying attention to chat bubbles during combat.

There is a thread where @Azherae has a list of shortcuts for giving combat directions in chat bubbles - which seem great for those people who wish to use them - but, I don't think I would be paying attention to them in combat.
    Azherae wrote: »