Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Thoughts on the new gameplay teaser?

124»

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Atama wrote: »
    mazikar wrote: »
    I guess someone thought ... "well hey... everyone likes dinosaurs, and those raptors (that are not even close to the actual dimensions of a real Velociraptor of 30 lbs) that gained fame from the Jurassic Park movies were a total hit, lets put those in the game... and have them attack an entire city... just 5 of them though."
    That dino wasn’t a velociraptor. It was a deinonychus which was up to 11 feet long.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinonychus

I assume you don’t know much about dinosaurs outside of movies.

The deinonychus IS a member of the dromaeosauridae family, which includes pretty much ALL OTHER RAPTORS. Leave the poor guy alone, it is pretty normal that Intrepid got influenced by the old visual idea of the jp raptor.
    The deinonychus also had a ton of feathers, which are not visible in the teaser, so dont be all high and mighty atama! :'D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Clears that up, I thought they were giraffechus'....
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
    jerwerton wrote: »
    I don't get it what is so worth of this bad hype about a game that to say the least no one really knows how many % is really made so far, the only thing i really see is a insecure comunity that was betreyed so many times by other companies that promised to make THE GREAT MMORPG OF THEYR LIVES, reflecting they'r own fear and insecurity in this one just cuz' expectations was not met and dreams were broken in the way of making the game, as i remember kickstarters are made based in faith and good will, sure you want something in return but you have to remember you have to at least wait to see the end product, no? So most people right now is just trying to push intrepid in a 2way road, where either they chose to show some gooddies for real or a shushdown from the studio where they will only release things when they " feel " it's the time. Do any of the 2 options sounds any good for anyone, really? Just cuz' some expectations weren't met along the way? There is a diference in point out what could be done better and to point out mistakes over and over again on peoples faces... Just saying...

- Peace!

Well, I can only speak for myself here but the main reason why I am so critical of Intrepid's recent PR stutters is because I believe in them as a company and in the game they are creating. My fear is that if they keep doing stuff like this they will be compared to the scumbag AAA companies like Activision, EA, EPIC, etc. I want Intrepid to succeed but if they gain a bad reputation before they have even released the game, the project could fail.

You are right that we should wait until they have released their end product before judging them, but sadly that is not how modern society works, especially in the gaming industry. Companies are judged based on their actions outside of the game as well as the game itself. Capcom have made some amazing games over the years (street fighter, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, etc) but their shady business practices and actions outside of those games make a lot of players want to avoid their games completely, purely because of the company. The same can be true of other companies. I refuse to have anything to do with EPIC or EA because I hate them as a company, regardless of what games they bring out.

Company image is very important and I fear that trailers like this will ruin Intrepid's image.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Jurassic park talk !
    Poko.png
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm at the point where when I see "Actual Gameplay" in the buttom of the screen, I would like to see something from the player's point of view. By no means does it have to be finished, but show some of the MMO aspects of Ashes. It could be node UI or seeing what it visually looks like when a node levels up or the concept of how crafting or talents are going to look.

I fully understand that this "cinematic" way of portraying the game looks visually pleasing, but it does nothing to inform the upcoming playerbase of what playing the game is actually gonna feel like (unless you have you UI turned completely off).

What was new for me in the cinematic was: Raptors and dragons
  • Options
    i think it was too soon to release a teaser into public
    if it was only for us the fans and discord it was fine but when you call out to everyone to "come everyone gather i have something awesome to show you"
    and everyone gathers all hyped expecting to be enchanted...
    but then the game is not released and all they get is pictures and *some* videos and us in the discord who are mostly theory crafting and having fun.

then! later on when the project is actually really done!
    you spend lots of money for the ads
    and many people will be: Nah been there seen it, moving on

im sure many of you saw how many people were misunderstanding the test session with an actual release of br which caused the many negativity
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Atama wrote: »
    mazikar wrote: »
    I guess someone thought ... "well hey... everyone likes dinosaurs, and those raptors (that are not even close to the actual dimensions of a real Velociraptor of 30 lbs) that gained fame from the Jurassic Park movies were a total hit, lets put those in the game... and have them attack an entire city... just 5 of them though."
    That dino wasn’t a velociraptor. It was a deinonychus which was up to 11 feet long.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinonychus

I assume you don’t know much about dinosaurs outside of movies.

The deinonychus IS a member of the dromaeosauridae family, which includes pretty much ALL OTHER RAPTORS. Leave the poor guy alone, it is pretty normal that Intrepid got influenced by the old visual idea of the jp raptor.
    The deinonychus also had a ton of feathers, which are not visible in the teaser, so dont be all high and mighty atama! :'D
    Yeah, I know about the feathers thing. You have to take artistic license somewhere. ;)

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They've been releasing teasers and trailers for 2+ years.
    Too late to be complaining that it's too soon.
  • Options
    ANTAGON1STANTAGON1ST Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Left a bad impression, didn't get any MMORPG vibes from it and the racial / armor representation was lackluster.

idyHUl8.gif
    There is no destination, the journey is all we have~
  • Options
    Yea this one was a mistake from Intrepid that it seems they've learned from ~ ! Considering the APOC trailer at least it looks a million times better ! <3
    Poko.png