Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, November 22, 2019 at 11AM PST

Q_A_11_22_19.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes Community!

Our next live stream will be Friday, November 22 at 11AM PST! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

As we've been doing for our past several streams, we'd love to gather some questions from everyone to answer live! Please submit your question in the thread below, and we'll do our best to get to as many of them as we can on our live stream next Friday. In order to accommodate questions from more members of our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct/succinct the better! Submissions end Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 11AM PST so we can compile your questions before the stream.

We'll see you next Friday for our development update live stream! https://www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
3ztrsitvhj3s.gif
«13

Comments

  • VentharienVentharien Member
    edited November 15
    What abilities (or early versions of abilities) will be usable for the classes in castle siege? Or are they just going to be the BR abilities tied to the weapons those classes can use? For example, the Weaponmaster having Lifestealing from the Halberd.
  • Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited November 17
    Will we have to go through specific quests just to be able to progress/unlock something as it is the only way to obtain that specific thing (i.e content or ability to progress that is locked behind quests) or will we have that 'sandbox' freedom in which case we can do as we please and don't miss much without doing quests?
    signature.png
  • vmangmanvmangman Member, Founder
    Ventharien wrote: »
    Which classes (or early versions of classes) will be usable in castle siege?

    They have already revealed this a while ago: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Ashes_of_Creation_Apocalypse_classes
  • reserved
    RejXRyZ.png
    Never claim to be something you are not
  • CMKalezCMKalez Member
    edited November 15
    Ventharien wrote: »
    Which classes (or early versions of classes) will be usable in castle siege?
    @Ventharien
    800px-apoc-castle-siege-classes.png
    RejXRyZ.png
    Never claim to be something you are not
  • As a Healer, will I have quests that involve me healing hurt NPCs, stopping an epidemic from spreading, and other Healer type things or will I be just another damage dealer when I am not in a group?
  • yeoldesmithyeoldesmith Member, Founder
    edited November 15
    *Where is Xsolla on your priority list?

    *Does the studio plan on revealing MMO progression trailers at all?(we know there's the ability to connect APOC to MMO, a RECENT demonstration would be appreciated)

    *Any updates on server numbers? Caps, soft caps, progress?

    *Will we ever return to Sanctus?
    Something need doing?
    vBOHmDw.png

  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Pioneer
    edited November 15
    Will Castle Siege be integrated into the BR or will it be a separate downloadable game?
    fNX2ISa.png


  • vmangmanvmangman Member, Founder
    Any updates on what systems you’ll have in place to punish corrupt players (PvP)? You’ve mentioned stat loss, item loss, maybe a bounty system, but it was never clear which direction you’ll go.
  • PachaPacha Member, Leader of Men
    Will we have new of the Alpha 1 or Character Creator before the end of 2019?
  • vmangman wrote: »
    Ventharien wrote: »
    Which classes (or early versions of classes) will be usable in castle siege?

    They have already revealed this a while ago: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Ashes_of_Creation_Apocalypse_classes

    Thanks Vmang!
  • KoreshKoresh Member, Founder
    It was mentioned before, that you plan to provide API access for game information at...Beta, Release?

    Will it be a REST API covering common public stuff like items, region infromation, auction house, etc. as well as protected to manage character and account settings?

    Further and more detailed information appreciated :)
    Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!
    Quoth the raven, Nevermore.
  • res
  • HjerimHjerim Member, Pioneer, Leader of Men
    edited November 15
    Which type of "gold sinks" have you planned for the game to keep the economy in check?
  • Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited November 17
    Ventharien wrote: »
    What abilities (or early versions of abilities) will be usable for the classes in castle siege? Or are they just going to be the BR abilities tied to the weapons those classes can use? For example, the Weaponmaster having Lifestealing from the Halberd.

    @Ventharien Most of them won't be the same abilities. A ranger will have a grapple hook and a 'guided arrow' ability etc. Archmage will have a 'laser beam' like ability which allow the caster to deal damage in a straight line as long as their allows. It will also have an evading ability that leaves a clone etc. The engineer won't be in the MMORPG but it will 'construct' tools. One example given was a tool that grants his allies a one-time-use catfall ability.

    signature.png
  • ShazeShaze Member, Phoenix Initiative, Explorer
    We've seen the early iterations of the ping system in Apocalypse with the ability to place markers using the middle mouse button. Are there any plans to expand on this system to add additional functionality such as a ping wheel or raid leader pings and more?
  • Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited November 15
    vmangman wrote: »
    Any updates on what systems you’ll have in place to punish corrupt players (PvP)? You’ve mentioned stat loss, item loss, maybe a bounty system, but it was never clear which direction you’ll go.

    @vmangman It was explained in detail with the flagging system:

    When you gain that corruption you have the potential of losing your completed items, your weapon, your armor, stuff that is very difficult to achieve; and then the other aspect of that is, that in order to deter basically players taking alternate characters and saying this is my PK alt, the more players you kill, the more corruption you gain, the higher your combat efficacy in PVP diminishes. If you're out there and you killed you know 20 players... you will not be able to perform in PVP any longer. You will need to take that character and go work off that corruption. The other aspect of corruption is that if you kill another player, who is a non-combatant and the level disparity between you and that player is great, you will gain a higher amount of corruption from that single kill. To the point where you should not be killing a level one character

    The more corruption you gain, the less effective you become in PvP and there's going to be a certain period at which point you have gained enough corruption that you're going to be gearless and you're also going to have a massive reduction in your PvP efficacy

    - Steven Sharif

    and yes, corrupt players will be visible on the world and mini map. Bounty hunters hunt them and they have a chance to drop gear. Anyone can attack a corrupt player but only bounty hunters are rewarded with a bounty - other than what the corrupt player may drop. Bounties will be posted in taverns.

    Here's the flagging system.

    800px-pvp_flagging_diagram.png

    For more information check here:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_corruption
    signature.png
  • wildarms2wildarms2 Member, Founder
    wheres my bard class from KS ?
    also when is Alpha 1-2 we been waiting for a long time now and we are geting tired of not hearing any word


    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios
    Risks and challenges
    we will be open and honest about what those issues are, and how we're going to address them.

    These are our promises to you:

    * To continue our open development process with you, our backers, on our website and Discord channels.

    * And finally, in the case that Ashes of Creation does NOT launch, we promise to refund all backers in full.
  • vmangmanvmangman Member, Founder
    Magic Man wrote: »
    vmangman wrote: »
    Any updates on what systems you’ll have in place to punish corrupt players (PvP)? You’ve mentioned stat loss, item loss, maybe a bounty system, but it was never clear which direction you’ll go.

    @vmangman It was explained in detail with the flagging system:

    When you gain that corruption you have the potential of losing your completed items, your weapon, your armor, stuff that is very difficult to achieve; and then the other aspect of that is, that in order to deter basically players taking alternate characters and saying this is my PK alt, the more players you kill, the more corruption you gain, the higher your combat efficacy in PVP diminishes. If you're out there and you killed you know 20 players... you will not be able to perform in PVP any longer. You will need to take that character and go work off that corruption. The other aspect of corruption is that if you kill another player, who is a non-combatant and the level disparity between you and that player is great, you will gain a higher amount of corruption from that single kill. To the point where you should not be killing a level one character

    The more corruption you gain, the less effective you become in PvP and there's going to be a certain period at which point you have gained enough corruption that you're going to be gearless and you're also going to have a massive reduction in your PvP efficacy

    - Steven Sharif

    and yes, corrupt players will be visible on the world and mini map. Bounty hunters hunt them and they have a chance to drop gear. Anyone can attack a corrupt player but only bounty hunters are rewarded with a bounty - other than what the corrupt player may drop. Bounties will be posted in taverns.

    Here's the flagging system.

    800px-pvp_flagging_diagram.png

    For more information check here:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_corruption

    That was never stated as a final decision. It’s just what they had at the time and it seemed very much so up for debate (like most things in an alpha game). So I wanted to know if anything has changed and especially if there’s any update on the bounty system which they revealed nothing about and just said they’re considering it.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member
    edited November 16
    cover2.jpg

    Okay:
    Primary Question:
    Will secondary classes still influence your stat growth, and what happens if you change your secondary class?
    KkvMmA5.png
  • griffithgriffith Member, Braver of Worlds
    Will there be dangerous flora such as cactus that could be planted and used as a strategic advantage in battles?
  • Will we be able to toggle off cosmetics? So we could see only original gear and other items players have achieved?
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds
    Other than augments and stats, how does secondary archetype affect a player character... if a Guardian and a Warden use the exact same religious augments instead of sub-class augments, would they be functionally the same?
  • WololoWololo Member, Leader of Men
    edited November 15
    It has been sayd before that animation canceling will not be a thing in combat but what about canceling channeling; Like if you cast a high value skill and know it is not going to hit, will you be able to cancel the channel before the actual cast starts ? And what effect would this have on the cooldown ?
    Wololo.png
  • Are there going to be secret vendors in the MMO? ( Vendors that spawn ever so often for a small amount of time or they are hidden in secret spot) If so, what kind of items might we expect to buy from them?
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds
    Do you have plans to let us know what tier structural skins are for in the monthly offerings?
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

  • poisonzpoisonz Member, Braver of Worlds
    i'm sexy
    2aReiNA.gif

  • For those of us who are NOT interested in PvP or Apocalypse. Can you give us a Timeline or Date, (Other than "soon") for at least a TEST of the MMO? (Sorry if I sound salty, but I'm beginning to lose faith, and I'm probably not the only one.)
    The Truth has 3 sides, Your Point of View, Their point of View, and The Actual Truth, so, Be careful How you wield the Sword of Truth, It Cuts 3 ways!
  • Will there be an over the top RTS style spectator mode for Castle Sieges?

    I reckon it will be really cool and interesting to spectate the huge castle siege battles. It will also open up a lot of casting opportunities for content creators while allowing guilds to analyze their strategies and see what they did wrong.
  • Will the APOC battle pass (legendary path, whatever you want to call it) be adjusted to suit Castle Siege for season 2, or will it remain exclusive to the BR mode that will likely stay mostly dead once a more popular game mode is available?

    Will players be able to choose which of the 6 classes they play before a match, or will they be randomly assigned one to ensure a balanced roster in each match? If players can choose their class, will matchmaking account for their choices and attempt to make class distribution as close as possible for each team in each match?

    If the battle pass is made to suit Castle Siege, will you avoid silly quest objectives that encourage players to do counterproductive things like destroying ceilings instead of focusing on winning? (I would suggest ensuring all quests simply encourage 'play X games/do X damage/get X kills as Y class' so they don't significantly influence the way people play)
Sign In or Register to comment.