Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, November 22, 2019 at 11AM PST

Comments

• VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    xilodon wrote: »
    Will the APOC battle pass (legendary path, whatever you want to call it) be adjusted to suit Castle Siege for season 2, or will it remain exclusive to the BR mode that will likely stay mostly dead once a more popular game mode is available?

Will players be able to choose which of the 6 classes they play before a match, or will they be randomly assigned one to ensure a balanced roster in each match? If players can choose their class, will matchmaking account for their choices and attempt to make class distribution as close as possible for each team in each match?

If the battle pass is made to suit Castle Siege, will you avoid silly quest objectives that encourage players to do counterproductive things like destroying ceilings instead of focusing on winning? (I would suggest ensuring all quests simply encourage 'play X games/do X damage/get X kills as Y class' so they don't significantly influence the way people play)

One of your questions was answered in the past.
    Also, you should have read the instructions and only posted one questions. I’m pretty sure last stream they disqualified all posts that had more than one question.
  • When deciding what/how to balance a feature (e.g. skill), how much does community opinion come into play, than just raw data?
  • horendishorendis Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Can we have more specifics on monthly cosmetics like Stillstone Reliquary what exactly is it? How large is the Odeon of Sorcerous Awe it looks like it would take up half of your freehold.
  • AntVictusAntVictus Member, Alpha One
    The Dunir are dwarves that have bearded females (at least by what the wiki says), by this statement and the fact that you need only swap the n and the r around to spell Durin, can we assume that this is a subtle nod to Tolkien and Durin's Folk?
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    edited November 2019
    for the people who wants to own a little business but also want to explore, be part of a guild or be an adventurer, are we able to create and personalize NPC's that help us in the management of our building when we are not there? maybe a hostess for our tavern or an employee for our store that has very basic functions like charging for the service and/or items, or do we have to close our local as long as we are far away doing other stuff? this could apply to guild establishments too
    giphy.gif
  • CM KalezCM Kalez Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    cover2.jpg

Okay:
    Will secondary classes still influence your stat growth, and what happens if you change your secondary class?

Will there be NPC social crafting guilds, like a blacksmith guild, a tailors guild, a gemcutter guild?

Can you tell us a bit more about the current gameplay idea behind the summoner/bard/rogue/fighter?
    @Damokles You are only allowed 1 question. they will want you to pick one

Kalez.png
  • FluffyButWholeFluffyButWhole Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    we got promised a game before 2020, how close are we to realise that goal?
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Albatross wrote: »
    we got promised a game before 2020, how close are we to realise that goal?

Soon(TM)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • kryPrimkryPrim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will we be able to give NPC's orders in a castle / city siege or will we only fight as players?
  • This question is a bit of a stretch.

Will there be armor and weapons design contests that people can enter in the future? Where a person will have a chance to design a weapon/piece of armor that seems interesting to them, the top few winners will get their weapon or armor made in the actual game to use as “unique” equipment to that person exclusively?
  • How are you going to handle animationcancling? Are you going to activli integrate them ore are you going to remove them wherever you come across one?
  • LifetreeLifetree Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2019
    When can we able to play the open world map in Ashes of Creation before launch?
  • Will Dwarves have a resistance to magic ?
  • This has probably been asked before, but i'll give it a try anyways.
    From what i have seen from APOC, you need to aim your spells or arrows at the enemy, how would this be fair considering all classes have different hitboxes?
    EMILO wrote: »
    This has probably been asked before, but i'll give it a try anyways.
    From what i have seen from APOC, you need to aim your spells or arrows at the enemy, how would this be fair considering all classes have different hitboxes?

Do you mean that all races have different hitboxes? If yes, then: the mmorpg willcbe a hybrid system and not a full action target stiles like it is right now. At worst it will become a typical tab target system.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • EMILO wrote: »
    This has probably been asked before, but I'll give it a try anyway.
    From what I have seen from APOC, you need to aim your spells or arrows at the enemy, how would this be fair considering all classes have different hitboxes?

@EMILO they are currently working on that. It is a good question tho as we weren't really told how that would work.
    signature.png
  • BeorBeor Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    How far are you in developing class combos? An Argent or Siren for example.
  • Will end game be filled with hours worth of mandatory dailies or will players dictate what they wanna do when they log in?
  • ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    To what extent can players hide in plain sight for the MMO? Stuff like nameplates being always visible make it nigh impossible to.
  • PrivatePrivate Member
    edited November 2019
    Will vertical combat in APOC (e.g slicing someone midair when he/she might be more vulnerable) be a thing in the MMORPG?
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Originally there were going to be 12 Archetypes and then the decision was made to drop to 8.

Did the four cut ones have names?
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • NarysNarys Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be levels of bonding between the rider and the mount? E.g. riding a mount for longer will increase it's stamina, health etc.
    wtmb2cxjbyas.gif
  • xlangatangxxlangatangx Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can you go into specifics about astronomy?
    I know we have moons (unspecified amount) and stars, but no specifics about these and if there are systems, patterns, or game relevance / mechanics tied to astronomy.
  • We see many games that require months of grind just to be remotely competitive in PvP. In Ashes, will one have to play 'hardcore' in order to be effective/competitive in PvP or will casual players have a chance at it as well?
  • Can you tell us about how we can capture pet/mount in the wilderness?
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Press and hold E
    fNX2ISa.png

sunfrog wrote: »
    Press and hold E

I think he did not mean APOC ;)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • XenantayaXenantaya Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What is the plan for releasing additional dev diaries?
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    For more Dev Diaries press and hold E.
    fNX2ISa.png

• RageskylarRageskylar Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited November 2019
    I know this may have been answered before but since things have seemed to changed a lot it might be useful to ask it!

Are the stretch goals from the Kickstarter still gonna be in the game at release or will they be added at a later date after launch as some sort of expansion and we will only have the core product for launch?