Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, November 22, 2019 at 11AM PST

13»

Comments

• Options
    Taming - is this gonna be viable from the start of a node if one wanted to to main it as an artisan class. due to lack of being able to store tamed mounts
  • Options
    processing - is this artisan class only really able to be started when a node hits stage 3 due to im asuming the fact that you need facilties that are not open until then.
    so should focusing on a gathering class or just farming monsters until then be the focus?
  • Options
    animal husbandry - how is cross breeding speices going to work?
  • Options
    do we need to mounts to pull caravans/ is can we choose what beast we want to pull a caravan? e.g maybe a faster mount or a more heavily armoured mount
  • Options
    HeartbeatHeartbeat Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I heard before the BR testing wont include the combat system that will be available in the full-scale mmo on launch, but what is the earliest possible test time or ETA on the first alpha testing so we may try the real combat system?
  • Options
    XspearoXspearo Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter
    edited November 2019
    All for MMO:
    Will there be body blocking? for example players blocking/trapping other players. I'm thinking like in combat if two players attack one player will they be able to just block you from moving?

For melee combat in PVP for at least 2v1 and maybe 3v1(if skilled enough) a way to beat those odds? maybe like a multiply system where if your hitting more than 1 target at once damage multiplies a bit.

If there is body blocking and there is no multiplying damage for hitting multiple targets at once will there be team damage to stop just two people coming along and jumping one player?
    Xspearo
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Xspearo wrote: »
    All for MMO:
    Will there be body blocking? for example players blocking/trapping other players. I'm thinking like in combat if two players attack one player will they be able to just block you from moving?

For melee combat in PVP for at least 2v1 and maybe 3v1(if skilled enough) a way to beat those odds? maybe like a multiply system where if your hitting more than 1 target at once damage multiplies a bit.

If there is body blocking and there is no multiplying damage for hitting multiple targets at once will there be team damage to stop just two people coming along and jumping one player?

1) Yes. There are also mechanics to prevent blocking.
    https://de.ashesofcreation.wiki/Collision

2) Dear god I hope that 1v2/3 on the same character level is not possible. It would be pretty busted if one person could take on two people with the same lvl/gear. And a damage multiplier on attacks if you hit multiple enemies would be busted. Imagine a mage just throwing out their aoes in siege battles...

3) Spell collision is supposed to be a thing. But the friendly fire aspect is a good question! (The others were also good questions ofc ;) )
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    DarakrisDarakris Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2021
    Will you add features to share your house, decorate?
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can freeholds be close enough together to look like a community?
  • Options
    RitchieSHRitchieSH Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will Day/Night Cycle and Seasons be in Real time?
    Subscribe to RitchieSH. You know you want to
  • Options
    XspearoXspearo Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter
    edited November 2019
    Damokles wrote: »
    All for MMO:

2) Dear god I hope that 1v2/3 on the same character level is not possible. It would be pretty busted if one person could take on two people with the same lvl/gear. And a damage multiplier on attacks if you hit multiple enemies would be busted. Imagine a mage just throwing out their aoes in siege battles...

3) Spell collision is supposed to be a thing. But the friendly fire aspect is a good question! (The others were also good questions ofc ;) )

That's why I said in "melee combat" and I also said if "skilled" enough. Because being ganked by two people without a chance or idea of winning is fun? Say your out looting and two people come along and decide to gank you and take everything you put time into getting because they no in a 2v1 situation there isn't a chance in hell the one person would win.

I would like some type of game mechanic in place to know just because I'm out number 2 to 1 I still have a chance against those odds if I'm skilled enough and not just lose everything I put time into getting because I was simply out numbered.
    Xspearo
  • Options
    LunadelmarwLunadelmarw Member
    edited November 2019
    Do do have in mind use Unreal Engine 4.24 or the next stable version of it?
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Damokles wrote: »
    All for MMO:

That's why I said in "melee combat" and I also said if "skilled" enough. Because being ganked by two people without a chance or idea of winning is fun? Say your out looting and two people come along and decide to gank you and take everything you put time into getting because they no in a 2v1 situation there isn't a chance in hell the one person would win.

I would like some type of game mechanic in place to know just because I'm out number 2 to 1 I still have a chance against those odds if I'm skilled enough and not just lose everything I put time into getting because I was simply out numbered.

Okay, i have to agree that personal skill should be able to bring you out on top, as long as it does not rely on your specific class to be busted. Also, remember that classes will be balanced on a stone-paper-scissors principle. Some classes wont be able to win against other normally.
    A cleric should not be able to kill a rogue under normal 1v1 principles. That also does not mean that the person wont be able to escape by simply running away.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Thanks all for joining in to add your questions - the submission period has now ended!

We'll see you all at 11AM PST tomorrow for our live stream!
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    ICYMI this live stream is now available on our YouTube channel!

https://youtu.be/A1SjmI_SOgo
    community_management.gif