Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Amazon Game Studios - New World = Learning opportunity

1235»

Comments

• Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Gurz wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    ferryman wrote: »
    I personally understand developers choise to leave full loot PvP rules out of the game. It can cause serious problems even in some games it would work just fine.

"One of the problems we observed with this system was that some high level players were killing low level players, A LOT. Sometimes exclusively. This often led to solo or group griefing scenarios that created a toxic environment for many players. To be clear, this behavior was not shown by all PvP players, but enough to cause significant issues."

Here is the whole explanation from devs behalf: https://newworld.com/en-us/news/articles/the-evolution-of-new-worlds-pvp

This is why no game with a persistent world with full loot PvP has ever existed nor will ever exist.

I really don't understand players that want this.

Any time you see a game claiming to have this, you just know it is either never going to be released, or will be changed within weeks of the first PvP play test.

you never played tibia?
    Few people have.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »
    Gurz wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    ferryman wrote: »
    I personally understand developers choise to leave full loot PvP rules out of the game. It can cause serious problems even in some games it would work just fine.

"One of the problems we observed with this system was that some high level players were killing low level players, A LOT. Sometimes exclusively. This often led to solo or group griefing scenarios that created a toxic environment for many players. To be clear, this behavior was not shown by all PvP players, but enough to cause significant issues."

Here is the whole explanation from devs behalf: https://newworld.com/en-us/news/articles/the-evolution-of-new-worlds-pvp

This is why no game with a persistent world with full loot PvP has ever existed nor will ever exist.

I really don't understand players that want this.

Any time you see a game claiming to have this, you just know it is either never going to be released, or will be changed within weeks of the first PvP play test.

you never played tibia?
    Few people have.

Yeah i played tibia for like more then 15 years, and when i tried other mmorpgs i was like what? this game so easy if you die you dont lose nothing, and i am a pve mostly player i only do pvp when ppl are too annoying or abusing. So wasn't really scared of it, just not my thing lol.
    And thats a thing where a ashes of creation is actually bringing like tibia where you take some time to get to the hunt and when suddenly comes ppl to hunt there too, you could actually start a fight over the hunt and stuff and with that create many allies or many enemies is just fun xD.

@Warth
    Not really xd
  • Options
    Makinoji wrote: »
    Anesjka wrote: »
    If New World does not have PvP, maybe i have follow wrong game all this time.

PvP tend to bring out the most immature man children in games.

The PVP is scheduled from what I've gathered from their official channels.

So there will be a set time to start and time to stop those PVP events.

Also, you shouldn't view PVP as negative. It builds character and adds to the flavor of world-building IMO.

not really