What worries you the most about the project?

Comments

• AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    insomnia wrote: »
    1. To "hardcore". I'm a casual gamer. That the game will just be frustrating due to it.
    2. All the cool (coolest) cosmetics are in the cashshop (i'm quite certain they will be).

To answer your second worry, the devs have stated that there will be different color variants of the store cosmetics that are obtainable in-game
  • tugowartugowar Member, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Zerg guilds being inevitable

Virtue is the only good.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    tugowar wrote: »
    Zerg guilds being inevitable

Interesting
  • I am worried that like most MMOs PVP will be catered to and ruin the game as it has many other MMOs. There needs to be full time PVP, opt-in PVP and PVE only servers. The very vast amount of players will be almost entirely interested in PVE content

Guild influence on each node needs to be limited.
  • johnnysd wrote: »
    I am worried that like most MMOs PVP will be catered to and ruin the game as it has many other MMOs. There needs to be full time PVP, opt-in PVP and PVE only servers. The very vast amount of players will be almost entirely interested in PVE content

Guild influence on each node needs to be limited.

I'm a Pve player, but i'm not so certain about the pvp statement. There is a reason where there are pvp servers for some mmo's. It just sucks for those of us that don't care for open world pvp. Hopefully the corruption system will do something towards this. Plus i highly doubt they will make both types of servers, due to the corruption system. Plus Steven has said several times 'risk vs reward'.

I also fear the open world dungeons. I think it will be a shitfest. People running in dungeons, killing people why they are fighting a boss, just to be a-holes. You just know some will do it. Those losers that can only get their kick, when they ruin it for others
  • VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm a Pve player, but i'm not so certain about the pvp statement. There is a reason where there are pvp servers for some mmo's. It just sucks for those of us that don't care for open world pvp. Hopefully the corruption system will do something towards this. Plus i highly doubt they will make both types of servers, due to the corruption system. Plus Steven has said several times 'risk vs reward'.

I also fear the open world dungeons. I think it will be a shitfest. People running in dungeons, killing people why they are fighting a boss, just to be a-holes. You just know some will do it. Those losers that can only get their kick, when they ruin it for others

Valid points. But think also of the possible community engagement this opens up. Guard groups/guilds, Nodes ( as in the people of a node) being involved in people doing dungeons. Having non instanced dungeons isn't a new concept after all. It's actually a pretty old one.
  • StaicStaic Member
    Non Instanced Dungeons, you mean like how L2's entire world except 4 sepulchers and festival of darkness was open world - open pvp. And that game was bloody fantastic until various reasons killed it (bots for one).

Get your group set, run down to DVC, wipe the group that is already there and take their spot. Get your grind on and wait for them to come back.

People are cuddled in too much tissue paper these days. Grow some balls and fight for what you are doing.
    Staic wrote: »
    Non Instanced Dungeons, you mean like how L2's entire world except 4 sepulchers and festival of darkness was open world - open pvp. And that game was bloody fantastic until various reasons killed it (bots for one).

Get your group set, run down to DVC, wipe the group that is already there and take their spot. Get your grind on and wait for them to come back.

People are cuddled in too much tissue paper these days. Grow some balls and fight for what you are doing.

I believe you misread the subject.

Also I agree.

Virtue is the only good.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I'm not sure this will be that much of a problem.

If you attack a group in a dungeon and they don't fight back, you are then left in a situation where you and your group are in a dungeon, with corruption weakening you in PvP and in the situation where you will drop items when killed, knowing full well that the group you just killed are between you and the only way out, and absolutely no way to port out at all.

Seems like a situation a lot of players would rather not be in.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If you don't think large guild won't just run the world, then you must be new to MMOs. No matter what devs do big guild will always be number one, in one way or another
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    The thing that will worry me is if IS backpedals on their core pillars for AOC. For example, scrapping some PVP aspects. Other than that I am sure I could live with or adapt to other changes.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Makinoji wrote: »
    The thing that will worry me is if IS backpedals on their core pillars for AOC. For example, scrapping some PVP aspects. Other than that I am sure I could live with or adapt to other changes.

you mean like self-publishing and not giving out Kickstarter rewards. At this point, I have more faith that they will break one or two key points
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My biggest concern is do they actually have the budget to pull off their vision well enough to get away with a $15 a month sub. Many AAA companies can't even pull it off. Does Steven really have the finances to dump millions more into the game if troubles arrive and the game goes over budget?

If they do I have no doubt the game will be amazing with his vision and the early feedback he'll get from the playerbase.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    Makinoji wrote: »

you mean like self-publishing and not giving out Kickstarter rewards. At this point, I have more faith that they will break one or two key points

Ouch.

But true. :(

Hhak63P.png
    Dispatch we have a 10-57. Shots fired.

Virtue is the only good.
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2020
    1. The Stiffness of the motions.
    2. The static abilities.
    3. The long-winded abilities (2 seconds for some animations).
    4. Fears we won't be able to Animation Cancel/Animation Clip/Skill Synergise.
    5. The basic skills seen so far. No merging of skills, no building on skills, no elevations of skills.
    6. can Mount in Combat.
    7. No stamina and Sprint is a Casting Skill.
    8. No stamina and dodge roll has cooldowns.
    9. No active block seen so far.
    10. No evasions seen so far. (Have seen skills resists on NPCs though).
    11. Mana gets burnt through with limited options to replenish.
    12. Everything relies on Mana.

Edit: Forget to say Fireball (2 second cast) does the same damage as a Staff Flurry (0.5 second cast).
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • insomniainsomnia Member
    edited July 2020
    Ventharien wrote: »

Valid points. But think also of the possible community engagement this opens up. Guard groups/guilds, Nodes ( as in the people of a node) being involved in people doing dungeons. Having non instanced dungeons isn't a new concept after all. It's actually a pretty old one.

And things change/evolve.

'Grow some balls'. What does have to do with anything. If i'm fighting a boss and someone attacks my group. 'growing some balls' wouldn't help at all. Plus some of also have a life and don't have time to play all day long
  • noaani wrote: »
    I'm not sure this will be that much of a problem.

If you attack a group in a dungeon and they don't fight back, you are then left in a situation where you and your group are in a dungeon, with corruption weakening you in PvP and in the situation where you will drop items when killed, knowing full well that the group you just killed are between you and the only way out, and absolutely no way to port out at all.

Seems like a situation a lot of players would rather not be in.

well, I don't feel like we know enought of the corruption system yet, to say if it will be a deterent for such a situation

'Grow some balls'. What does have to do with anything. If i'm fighting a boss and someone attacks my group. 'growing some balls' wouldn't help at all. You can't be to bright with such a statement. Plus some of also have a life and don't have time to play all day long

Mmorpgs require devotion of time.
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    'Grow some balls'. What does have to do with anything. If i'm fighting a boss and someone attacks my group. 'growing some balls' wouldn't help at all. You can't be to bright with such a statement. Plus some of also have a life and don't have time to play all day long
    If you don't have time to compete against other players then you should move to a less populated part of the world with less competitive people around.
  • insomnia wrote: »
    If you don't have time to compete against other players then you should move to a less populated part of the world with less competitive people around.

Also known as you feel more entitled in the way you play the game than others who just want to not have to deal with PVP BS and asswipe PKs while they play

to hardcore mmo's seem to fail, don't they? So because i have a life, i can't play an mmo. That seems ridicules. I'm not saying 2 hours a week is enough. But people got a job, study. Have friends, family, a parter. Do sport etc

I don't think a normal dungeon should be competitive. I haven't played a game where it felt like it. Again, a answer to me, that seems ridicules
    edited July 2020

to hardcore mmo's seem to fail, don't they? So because i have a life, i can't play an mmo. That seems ridicules. I'm not saying 2 hours a week is enough. But people got a job, study. Have friends, family, a parter. Do sport etc

There are plenty casual mmorpgs out there.
    AoC wants to do things old style, since that's what the players have been asking for for 10 years.

I barely have time to play a proper mmorpg with work and going back to uni.
    Do you see me trying to shift the blame and trying to make things work for my precious self?
    No.

If I dont have enough time for AoC, a proper mmorpg, Ill go back to instances dungeons and BGs, like ESO or Tera. I wont QQ "I have a life, make this game like the rest of the market"

I support the current vision. I got a $500 pack because I cant wait to play a proper mmo. If it doesnt work out FOR ME , it's my fault.
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    johnnysd wrote: »

Also known as you feel more entitled in the way you play the game than others who just want to not have to deal with PVP BS and asswipe PKs while they play

I'm trying to point out an option you will most likely have in this games pvp environment.

Pvp is a part of this game. That isn't new.

I'm sorry if I miss interpreted your statement but to me, you are the one who comes off entitled saying the game should change to cater to your playstyle.

I don't think a normal dungeon should be competitive. I haven't played a game where it felt like it. Again, a answer to me, that seems ridicules

I'm not sure what you define as a normal dungeon or even the variety of dungeons we will have but one of the quotes at the top of the wiki states that competing with players will be half of the dungeon. dungeons

That said and the point of my comment, there will be a lot of space in the world and many dungeons to dive into. The dungeons around the popular nodes will most likely be contested but there should also be quieter areas for people to find.

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2020

No one said you can't play, just that you would find it hard to compete.

Even in a game like EQ2 - that had open dungeons but no PvP on most servers - dungeons were often a competition.

Rather than being who could kill who, it was about who could get the boss kills, or who could train mobs on to the other group the best (and thus, technically kill the other group).

The thing many people do seem to forget in terms of non-instanced dungeons is that you are as likely to be competing with a group that you never see as much as you are to actually compete directly in PvP with that group. You may get to a boss spawn point only to find that the boss has already been killed. The base population may well be back up, but boss spawn timers could be anything from 15 minutes up to several days.

So you could go through an entire dungeon to get to the boss, only to get there and find that some other group killed it yesterday.

Unlike instanced dungeons, you really can't enter a shared dungeon expecting all the boss encounters to actually be up.

On top of that, there absolutely will be times other groups just kill you and your group - and also times you and your group kill other groups.

However, before you get too worried about it, I would wait and see exactly what they end up doing with instanced content.

The original pitch for content diversity stated that there would be little to no instanced content. The last I heard, they were saying that up to 20% of content will be instanced.

Now, I've not seen any clip of where this was stated, so I am unsure as to the context of this comment. However, if 20% of all content is instanced, that could well mean that every dungeon has a few small single boss instances in various parts of the dungeon - potentially providing players that are less keen on competing with other players with some content that they may need to compete to get to, but at least they then know that when they get there, the encounter is available to them, and others won't be able to interrupt.

Basically, until we see how they actually do end up splitting content up, we really can't get to upset about potential things that may happen.
  • insomniainsomnia Member
    edited July 2020

AoC wants to do things old style, since that's what the players have been asking for for 10 years.

Do you see me trying to shift the blame and trying to make things work for my precious self?
    No.

If I dont have enough time for AoC, a proper mmorpg, Ill go back to instances dungeons and BGs, like ESO or Tera. I wont QQ "I have a life, make this game like the rest of the market"

I support the current vision. I got a $500 pack because I cant wait to play a proper mmo. If it doesnt work out FOR ME , it's my fault.

This is a topic about what worries you about the game. I just said what worries me about it. Just because you don't share my oppinion, dosen't it mean you have to be an a-hole about it. I'm not crying over it, you trying to change it to "my precious self". It is BS to write that, and only brings negative debates. I can tell you are just an a-hole that can't handle other people have a different oppinion as you. See, the 2 people below you did a proper response to it. It is partly because of toxic people like you, i stopped going to forums, because i didn't want to waste my time, getting into arguments.
    But for me, it proberly isn't so much about time, now that i think about it. But more that i'm not a PvP player I'm a pve player.
    But i think this topic has sidetracked. I don't think it was intented to debate about these things, but more just a place where people could write what they were worried about.
  • Hm I think my biggest worry is combat atm. How they've described it sounds great but I think it is time we see some proof of concept. The so called ''Hybrid Combat 2.0'' doesn't feel any different than any tab target MMO - which isn't something necessarily bad, but just ''meh', that is, unless you switch to ''action mode'''. I do, however, appreciate the ''Q'' filler basic attacks, making you more engaged in combat and the some directional attacks. When things like i-frames and other active dodge mechanics are added, it should be more interesting.

Currently they are focusing on macro features like Mayoral System, Caravan System and the Node System in general. I believe micro features like combat, classes & abilities etc will come later. Looking forward to what they'll come up with.
    signature.png
    edited July 2020

No.

This is a topic about what worries you about the game. I just said what worries me about it. Just because you don't share my oppinion, dosen't it mean you have to be an a-hole about it. I'm not crying over it, you trying to change it to "my precious self". It is BS to write that, and only brings negative debates. I can tell you are just an a-hole that can't handle other people have a different oppinion as you. See, the 2 people below you did a proper response to it. It is partly because of toxic people like you, i stopped going to forums, because i didn't want to waste my time, getting into arguments.
    But for me, it proberly isn't so much about time, now that i think about it. But more that i'm not a PvP player I'm a pve player.
    But i think this topic has sidetracked. I don't think it was intented to debate about these things, but more just a place where people could write what they were worried about.

You take things to the extreme. You are the second person out of the many that I have disagreed to start labelling me. Chill
  • SeloSelo Member
    That FPS and hack and slash players will have to much influence on the game.
    Affiliate Code:
    0dbea148-8cb8-4711-ba90-eb0864e93b5f