Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Primary Class Poll!

Comments

• Options
    I think I am going to go with a Bard/Rogue (Trickster) or possible a Cleric/Fighter (Templar). These seem like such cool combos to me! Very excited for this game!
  • Options
    I love Enchanter Type Classes, and the Bard should be the perfect Enchanter^^
  • Options
    MalcMalc Member
    I've always been a healer, so to me it seems obvious! Cleric all the way!
    kNfIFH6.gif
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Daedrik45 wrote: »
    I’m huge into Paladin fantasy, it’s all I’ve played in wow and other games. So I’ll either play the Paladin tank class or if Templar is a lot like Wow’s retribution then I’ll play that class. But my heart tells me to play Paladin for ea

Highsword might be another one to add to your list. Fighter/Cleric might be close to Ret Pally.
    signature.png
  • Options
    "I'll sing a song for youuuuu".

Bard =3
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    "I'll sing a song for youuuuu".

Bard =3

Bards in a fight:
    giphy.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    ZambarZambar Member
    edited August 2020
    I'll start beeing a summoner, but overall I have the most interest in Brood Warden, beeing a "ranged" tank. It would be prety funny to be in full Heavy armor as a summoner or Heavy/cloth, if my summon gets any bonus from it. Aside from this i'm interested in Enchanter, and Shadowmancer. As a secondary summoner class: Shadowlord and Bladecaller.
  • Options
    I always like sneaking and thieving in games going way back to my AD&D days decades ago.

Thinking about Rouge rouge or Rouge ranger. Decisions decisions...
  • Options
    I am aspiring to go rogue /S ranger or ranger /S rogue depending on how the ability tree lines up with everything and how the combat system will feel. Would consider swapping rogue out for bard assuming traps are less treacherous
  • Options
    Cleric or Bard

I really enjoy support classes. I'll have to see what the Bard offers and what are the race benefits for playing each.
    I also may end up playing something that is not optimal.
    Tried Wow classic recently and of course went Dark Elf Priest instead of ugly dwarves (just kidding, you're lovely little pieces of furniture).

• Options
    I'm basically just importing my character from LotRO, so I'll most likely be a Ranger as she was a Hunter. Thank goodness my main wasn't a Captain, because I don't even think there's anything like that here...
  • Options
    JexzJexz Member
    Healawin wrote: »
    darthaden wrote: »
    I just remembered something Steven said a while back ago about parties. The reason a party is 8 people is so that each class has a spot. If the numbers on survey hold true as does his intentions the numbers are just about perfect as almost every class is within a few percentage points of one another

It is only perfect if every class is equally important to the group. The problem arise when Tanks and Healers are significantly more important than the other classes. If its possible to do content with ,say, 1 tank, 6 mages and a healer or literally any combination of dps, we'll be in for a hell of a lot of supply and demand problems for tanks and healers.

I want to play Tank so I hope you are right I hope I never have problems finding a group.
    I hope the roll can't be easily swapped with a Tank subclass.
  • Options
    I am interested in the following combinations and definetly need more infos (and maybe a dice):

1) Fighter / Ranger (Speculation: Mid range warrior and a lot of action - PVP against mages, rangers, clerics, summonmers - there will be a lot of fighters)

2) Ranger / Rouge (Speculation: crit ranger, lot of movement - expect rangers to be less played)

3) Rouge / Ranger (A rouge what else do i have to say - depends on the quality of stealth)

4) Tank / Fighter(Rouge) - (if viable in pvp and questing a good option to imediatly get groups for everything)

5) Summoner / Beastmaster - (petclass for animal friends like me - but easily messed up)

6) Cleric / Rouge (able to quest and kill on its own in acceptable speed?)

So i might get along with rolling a dice ....

Im courios about the infos comming from alpha one as i will be starting to test in alpha 2 - hopefully.

[Fleo Verum] Carolus Dynamicus - Py'rai - Rogue+Fighter
  • Options
    KrastyKrasty Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I miss swordsinger :D then i will be bladedancer ,,, .. plese rename TellSword to swordsinger :D please
  • Options
    well for me, i have to consider several options.
    Mage/Cleric (if it ends up somewhat of a Bloodmage type)
    Mage/Rogue
    Rogue/Mage
    Mage/Ranger
    Ranger/Mage
    Ranger/Rogue
  • Options
    BoomBoom Member
    I'm going Minstrel, perhaps trickster pending on the augments and the culture of the nodes I inhabit.

Guardian would be my next try, followed by Falconer, and maybe a Conjurer.
    Where words fail, music speaks.” ― Hans Christian Andersen
  • Options
    ZiuZiu Member
    Arch mage glass cannon all the way
  • Options
    Probably Cleric, but also fond of Pet class necros/summoners or glass canon Wizards (likely alts). I could see going high priest for PvE dungeon pushing, and switching to something with a little more def/off for PvX/soloing, but hard to say without knowing more about all the secondary class augs.

I'm actually a little surprised at how balanced the poll is.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Member
    plusbrian wrote: »
    Probably Cleric, but also fond of Pet class necros/summoners or glass canon Wizards (likely alts). I could see going high priest for PvE dungeon pushing, and switching to something with a little more def/off for PvX/soloing, but hard to say without knowing more about all the secondary class augs.

I'm actually a little surprised at how balanced the poll is.

Did you ever play the Mastermind class in City of Villains? It was so satisfying to play if you like having a little army as a weapon.

I'm also pretty surprised at the poll results. This is probably the ideal mix the way it is coming out.
    Where words fail, music speaks.” ― Hans Christian Andersen
  • Options
    darthaden wrote: »
    First character will be a mage with a subclass most likely of cleric for some self heals

I would like to think of it as a mage that does AoE DMG but that aoe fire (f.e.) heals allies who touch It.
  • Options
    I kinda want to try hella classes, but my first one is gonna be Rogue for sure, idk if then I'll take mage as second for something like lightning Rogue, or cleric for some darkness bs or just another Rogue to be Assassin.
  • Options
    XenantayaXenantaya Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm genuinely surprised that Cleric is still #1, and also that Ranger has fallen all the way to #7. That said, on a recent Reddit poll, Cleric was #5, which sounds more probable: https://www.reddit.com/r/AshesofCreation/comments/i23fbe/poll_what_main_class_are_you_most_interested_in/. Though in that poll Ranger still is #6, which seems odd. Were the LOTRO movies so long ago that everyone finally forgot about Legolas?

If Bard's poor showing in these polls (#8 here; #7 on Reddit) carries over to the actual game, I'll strongly consider picking that as a class. I played Bard for a while in Rift, and am fine with the buffing playstyle. That said, my concern is that Bard may be a relatively dispensable class that you can replace with a DPS, while Tanks and Healers sound like they'll always be needed. So might still be "safer" to pick Tank in terms of getting consistent groups.

Of course, most likely I'll join a guild before launch and just offer to play whatever class they need.
  • Options
    Xenantaya wrote: »
    Though in that poll Ranger still is #6, which seems odd. Were the LOTRO movies so long ago that everyone finally forgot about Legolas?

If Bard's poor showing in these polls (#8 here; #7 on Reddit) carries over to the actual game, I'll strongly consider picking that as a class. I played Bard for a while in Rift, and am fine with the buffing playstyle. That said, my concern is that Bard may be a relatively dispensable class that you can replace with a DPS, while Tanks and Healers sound like they'll always be needed. So might still be "safer" to pick Tank in terms of getting consistent groups.

Of course, most likely I'll join a guild before launch and just offer to play whatever class they need.

Wrong ranger example: Aragorn from the first LOTR movie was my inspiration to pick ranger in GW1.

It is shocking that BArds are so low though...
    We will show them all what happens, if a buffed group of players meet a non buffed group of players!
    "Bards are force multipliers" - Steven Sharif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Hard to pick tbh, but probably a Rogue or a Ranger
  • Options
    NelsonRebelNelsonRebel Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    I do hope that a melee magic warrior will be viable.

Im not sure if that would be better filled by the main archtypes figher with sub class mage, or main mage with sub class fighter best.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out ingame. I'm interested more so for the pvp side of it. I know that PvE will probably double down on your main archtype to be most effective
  • Options

Im not sure if that would be better filled by the main archtypes figher with sub class mage, or main mage with sub class fighter best.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out ingame. I'm interestd more so for the pvp side of it. I know that PvE will probably double down on your main archtype to be most effective

Pretty sure fighter/mage will fit that more, since it's the skills of the archtype that count. Mages will most likely have (mostly) ranged attacks.
    Dark Knight Dummo

d681818dab4ff18eaec03b0dffa7a634.gif
  • Options

Will be interesting to see how it plays out ingame. I'm interestd more so for the pvp side of it. I know that PvE will probably double down on your main archtype to be most effective

Depends on how you imagine a magic warrior.
    A warrior that uses sword techniques etc with magical elements (fire or lightning) or a mage that fights with sword and magic.
    The first would be Fighter/Mage the second would be Mage/Fighter.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Is there in-depth information available yet on the subclasses? Gonna be hard to decide between Assassin/Shadowmancer/Shadow Disciple/Trickster.
  • Options
    I'm going 100% cleric to see how good those heals get. <3
  • Options
    I was originally planning on Battle Mage (Mage/Fighter) or Spell Sword (Fighter/Mage), but recently I'm been leaning in on the Bladecaller (Fighter/Summoner)! It all depends on how much augmentation works, but the being able to play like Irelia from LoL sounds like a fun time for an MMORPG!
    E8OOol.gif