Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Primary Class Poll!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Is it THAT time already? Just to keep an existing poll on the front page........
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    NelsonRebelNelsonRebel Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    Damokles wrote: »
    I do hope that a melee magic warrior will be viable.

Im not sure if that would be better filled by the main archtypes figher with sub class mage, or main mage with sub class fighter best.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out ingame. I'm interestd more so for the pvp side of it. I know that PvE will probably double down on your main archtype to be most effective

Depends on how you imagine a magic warrior.
    A warrior that uses sword techniques etc with magical elements (fire or lightning) or a mage that fights with sword and magic.
    The first would be Fighter/Mage the second would be Mage/Fighter.

I guess it would also depend on the passives of each class. I prefer using magic that is elemental with a melee aspect. My only reference is a magic dragonknight in ESO and Druid in WoW. My preference is still having a physical weapon though to actively block and go offensive although being weaker at both and still have the flexibility to execute a combo attack. Wearing down my opponents through DoTs/times burst/manuevering is the best way to describe my style. I find straight up ganking styles, and burst and run styles distasteful. And purely being a warrior is not the same as fighting with magic. I really liked arcane warrior in Dragon age too

Although druid is a stretch since its not exactly either of those. But still you get my point
  • Options
    I am genuinely surprised at the quasi even split!

I've personally always played Thieves, Rogues and the like. I also sometimes dab into mages/wizards. But for this i am 100% going for Rogue/Rogue. I enjoy walking around invisible, dropping on foes unnoticed and dipping after causing some chaos.. :)
  • Options
    LukianLukian Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It's incredibly hard for me to choose just one. I'm so excited for them all. If I really had to narrow it down though, it would be split between Fighter, Summoner, Cleric or Mage. Like I said, hard choice right now but I wanna try them out in Alpha-2 and really get a feel for what I'm going to play.
  • Options
    savagefire94savagefire94 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hello guys! :smiley:

I always find myself gravitating towards the healer role because I really enjoy it the most. However, these combinations are creating a lot of competition on what I may choose. So far I would like to try cleric/summoner (I wonder if shaman will be a healer that uses the elements or something but either way it sounds cool) and summoner/summoner. For less of the cloth type, I would like to try the ranger and rogue combinations.
  • Options
    AnansiLostChildrenAnansiLostChildren Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Happy to see that even after a few months the classes are all pretty close by. I suspect the bard class will have a boost once gameplay is shown. They made it a point to say that it wasn't going to be a boring stand and play music type class.
  • Options
    I like being the tank or fighter in raids, so I will probably go tank as my main. And hopefully that will make it easier to get a spot in raids.

Also, I loved to see how split everyone is, didn’t expect that.
    Member_Baconbread.png
  • Options
    baconbread wrote: »
    I like being the tank or fighter in raids, so I will probably go tank as my main. And hopefully that will make it easier to get a spot in raids.
    The problem in most MMOs is you need less full tanks in raids than in normal dungeons. In WoW Classic in a dungeon 20% of your group is tank. But in a 40 men raid just 5% or 7,5%.
    Another question is how usefull is a tank outside dungeons and raids.
  • Options
    There's a few that I really am hoping to hear more about: mage, summoner, and bard especially. I love support/cc and ranged dmg for pvp and raiding endgame. But I kind of want to keep an eye on if any are seemingly being overlooked too so I do appreciate these polls. I'm just drawn to that I suppose, the idea of diversifying the game and maybe surprising someone with something more or less new.
  • Options
    AtrushanAtrushan Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm surprised there are so many people wanting to be a Cleric so far over everything else. Usually that's one of the least played types of characters. Also nice to see my favorite class of any MMO up there. Looking forward to this since FF14 made my favorite class so damn clunky.
  • Options
    MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Atrushan wrote: »
    I'm surprised there are so many people wanting to be a Cleric so far over everything else. Usually that's one of the least played types of characters. Also nice to see my favorite class of any MMO up there. Looking forward to this since FF14 made my favorite class so damn clunky.

They are the only true healer in the game which is probably 50% of cleric players. They also seem to be DPS focused as well. This means they are kinda a 2 in 1 class.

If you want to heal you pick cleric, if you want to be a paladin style crusader you also pick cleric.