Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Introduce Yourself! Enter the tavern to see new and familiar faces!

Comments

• Options
    Ayeeeeee

I'm Scooby Snackz, or ScoobySmackz on twitch, I've been a fan of MMO's since I got into DCUO and played that for several years. DCUO pulled me away from Call of Duty which I had been into for many years before that, and currently I'm playing Paragon which is what pulled me away from DCUO after getting so bored of it. I wanted to get into FF14 ARR but couldn't get my friends to switch over, and just wasn't completely sold on the game as a whole, even though I really wanted to be. I came across this game in an "Upcoming MMO's" type video, and had to find out more. That was a few weeks ago, even though I am just now making an introduction post on the forums here. I see this game being the MMO I play alongside Paragon as a competitive moba, especially since I think both games will gain a huge amount of popularity over the next year and further into the future. I intend on streaming both Paragon competitively, and this game on more than a casual level (once the NDA is lifted), and see both games being a large part of the streaming community I will be trying to develop over the course of that time. I'm so excited to see such a promising MMO is the works, and I can already see the remnants of my social life slowly fading away, Kappa.
  • Options
    [quote quote=9681]Coming from RuneScape and Final Fantasy XIV, excited to see how this turns out.

[/quote]
    I played RS for awhile. Were you on one of the old school servers or the new and imporved ones?
    Either way, I very much appreciate your choice of avatar
  • Options
    Hello I'm someone who are highly excited about the features of owning and and leading caravans as well as the big crafting feature of this game. The referral system is quite interesting too.

YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/c/sakuraid" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/c/sakuraid</a>
    Twitch: <a href="https://www.twitch.tv/sakuraid" target="_blank">https://www.twitch.tv/sakuraid</a>
    My website: <a href="https://sakuraidreader.wordpress.com" target="_blank">https://sakuraidreader.wordpress.com</a>
  • Options
    Hello there! I am Gemini and i am new here.
    The information provided up till now about the game made it very interesting to me so here i am hoping to see how it will walk its path to release.
    I am a person that is rather interested in the ethical choices people make in games, especially RPG's and MMO's. I love to be on the sidelines and observe and occasionally but in to maybe give advice or just throw my point of view into the ring to see if and how it influences the decisions made.
    As such my RP characters usually take on the roles of Tale tellers, Mythics or Prophets, sometimes they take a more direct approach and become Advisers but that is rather rare. Generally i prefer watching, asking and answering upon intruding and leading. If i get forced to lead however i prefer doing it from the shadows.
    I do honestly believe that the actions people make in roleplaying games, where the goal is immersion, are influenced by the very person they are in real life. That is as long as said person is immersed in the game but who can say that for sure?

That said i myself tend to be a rather talkative person when not currently observing something. It can be hard to stop me from talking and i am always up for a civilized discussion where everyone accepts that people might have different opinions. Be advised though if i know something to be right i will not back down until proven wrong by facts.

Hope i meet some interesting people here that i may later meet int he game as well.

Cheers
    Gemini
  • Options
    The night wind howls across the empty streets of the city. Moon forms various shadows on the pavement, but only one of them moved towards the notice-board nailed to the wall of sheriff station. On the back of a hooded figure, which now stood directly in front of one of the posters, a sword swung with satisfaction. The poster announced:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WANTED

Nickname: Ervin
    Known for:
    - visiting the worlds of Metin, Azeroth, Old Republic, Tamriel, Telara and many others since 2005
    - PVP tactician, pre-war speeches enthusiast, leading the vanguard of any guild army into blood-soaked victory
    - maintaining a high level of team morale and making people laugh
    - sharing his loot and earnings with guild
    - dying to save others
    Last know location: Tamrel in 2015
    Description: all in black, hooded, prefers dual wield or one hand weapon only.
    Reward: a cake

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a lightning strike, the hooded figure tears down the poster and tears it to pieces. Then he raises his head and his green eyes starts to shine in the moonlight. He looks at the announcement that till now has been hidden behind the now shredded poster. It is written in decorative writing: "Rise from the Ashes of creation! A new world awaits you! "After a long time of hesitation, he takes the announcement into his hand and hides it in his coat.

“Finally. A place to live again”

He lowers his eyes and whispers the words of power to open the teleport to this new world he has been waiting for an eternity.

Now on more serious note: I’m very excited for this new MMORPG and I am grateful to all developers who are trying to bring a new life into this genre we all love. Great work!!!

I wish you all good luck and I hope we will see each other in some tavern we will build from the ashes of this world!

Ervin
  • Options
    Hi y'all ! Just wanted to stop by and say that this game looks amazing. Can't wait to see your Kickstarter campaign hit the ground and build momentum. Besk of Luck to the devs, and hope this game reaches every goal!
  • Options
    Hai! I'm Gheer!
    I just gotta say, I've been skimming through the forums and I'm already in love with the community! Everybody is very welcoming, helpful and unique. You may have guessed already but I really like wolves. I don't know what else to say! There hasn't been any highlights in my life but my birth. I'm just really exited for the game's release!
    Thank you for your time and attention! See you in game!

-Gheer

PS. Can you guys recommend me any other multiplayer role playing games that are currently available? I am desperate to find good RP games hence me finding this game. :P Thanks.
  • Options
    Hello,

I am Jessika. Nice to meet you all.

I am so looking forward to this game.

It looks very immersive. Hoping they do as they say. :)

See you all in game.
  • Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Buche as you can see and I have been part of the MMO community for a little over 12 years maybe more and have been a GM for 10 of those 12 years. My first MMO was SWG and then I pretty much played a little bit of everything after that. Right now I'm not currently tied to any MMO as of now, you'll find me just messing around with FPS and some RTS games.

MMO history and guilds. In SWG I was part of two guilds. I was in TORA on Radiant and then I joined UNK on Radiant after that. UNK made the jump to Chilastra about a year or two before shutting down.

I played WoW but mostly with friends nothing to special with that.

In SWTOR I ran a guild called SyFy on a few different servers but we last ended up on Jedi Covenant.

Our last MMO that we played is Wildstar where I ran a large raiding guild, 3 teams of 20 players in both the GA and DS raids. We were a well known guild and had several friends and alliances.

My guild Altercation will be coming to AoC when it releases and I hope to build the same kind of guild that I had in Wildstar. Friendship, dedication, and the want to be the best is what we are about and strive to do so. You will for sure see us in the alpha and CBTs. We're a pretty close group of friends that have been together for a long time and we're always welcoming new players that have the same goals in sight that we do.. If you're looking for an active group of people that just let me know. My discord is open to everyone!

Sorry for the long rant, just wanted to let you all know who I am and what myself and my guild is about. :)
  • Options
    Greetings all...

I have been gaming since the launch of EQ back in 1999. I've tried just about all the big names and find that I'm still looking for the perfect blend that suits my playstyle and aesthetics. This game certainly has promise and I'll be waiting with much anticipation to give it a go.

It's not possible to comment on much yet, as far as what attracts me since not much is known, at least in much detail. I am almost always a rogue first and foremost. Then a necromancer. Anything dark and I'm there. I enjoy being part of a group or guild, but you will most likely find me sneaking about in the wee hours of the morning. Insomnia seems to play well with a rogue lifestyle...

Looking forward to seeing where this game goes.
  • Options
    Hey all,

Found out about the game around a month ago, am really liking the look of it . Have been around the traps a while and have played many games, am raising 4 gamers that happen to love anything new I play.

Cant wait to be able to play this game with everyone, have managed to get a few friends interested in it as well.
  • Options
    Welcome one and all, I look forward to getting to know everyone and making new friends and enemies :)
  • Options
    Hey all,
    I found out about the game today from TheLazypeon's video hehe, glad a game that finally looks promising is being released and by developers who actually show love and care to their creation. i am currently looking for a game that will put the spark back into my gamer life haha. I must say ive beta tested alot of games, but none look as promising as this one especially can't wait for the node system. I will be happy to meet all you awesome people who love gaming as much as i do and will look forward to so actually good RAIDS, house customization, some rest and relaxation from the fantastic scenery that ive seen so far from the videos.
  • Options
    Hi,
    Just stumbled on this game by accident. Watched a you tube that showed this game has great potential and really awesome graphics. So I plan on being along for the ride.

I have been playing mmo's since day 1 of WOW and computer games since I had a commodore 64 as a kid.

I live in Sydney Australia, so hopefully will meet some fellow Aussies on this game.

Looking forward to getting to know the people here.
  • Options
    Its great to see all the new people interested in the game. Cant wait to play with you all. Also welcome everybody.
  • Options
    I've been playing MMORPG since the first hype of runescape and Knight online.
    I havent been playing for a very long time because there wasn't any enthusiastic MMORPG's.

What attracts me the most is the diversification of new things in this MMORPG, not only you have different cities (nodes), it is also more realistic when you harvest for goods, you have to use caravans to bring it back to your city.
    Every profession has his particular road to take towards his node where the citizen lives.
    Moreover , there will be ships too in the long run wich makes the game even more exciting, upcoming shipbattles.

Perhaps there will be a new profession in the future called ship builder.

Having a small house in a city would be so amazing ^^ I can't wait to try it.
  • Options
    Howdy everyone, I've been playing MMORPG for about 16 years starting out by Phantasy Star Online on Dreamcast. Now time has passed and I'm like sooooooooo bored by the MMO genre even if I'm passionate by the middle I'm also very disappointed by most MMO that came out recently.

For me, Ashes of Creation has a particular meaning because my MMO career is somehow reaching a breakpoint, I don't see this genre evolving positively. The more time passes, the more I feel away from the social aspect formerly inherent to the MMO but now optional just like a solo adventure allowing you to choose between the MMO or the RPG side resulting in some sort of communal cleavage.

Basically, I'm expecting a lot from this game and it is clearly my last chance to call a virtual world "home". A devouring passion no more justified by quality products is somehow a waste of time and heaven knows we need a lot of time for this.
  • Options
    Greetings. Everquester here. EQ and currently EQ2. Love crafting - thinking of developing Merchant, Breeder, or Farmer. But as always, like to defend myself such that I need a hatchet handy. This looks fun. Looking forward to kickstart. If there are any PVX merchant, caravan, farmer, breeder guilds out there forming. Post away. Best regards ....
  • Options
    Ashes of Creation appears to be the game we long time RPG gamers have been looking for, and pretty much gave up on finding. My first MMOs were Everquest and Asheron's Call. Since then, I've played almost every new RPG MMO, been in several betas. There are just too many, now, to choose from. I prefer open world, sandbox. I really missed Star Wars Galaxies. The crafting abilities in that game have never been matched.
  • Options
    Hello everyone, joining in on the hype! Game is looking good and can't wait to try it out.
  • Options
    Just Heard about this game on you tube today looks great been looking for a New and different mmorpg for a good while now and this does look promising hope the community looks great to cant wait to try it out
  • Options
    Hey everyone. I'm a guy in my 30's and an avid RPG gamer. Huge fan of Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Witcher, Fallout, Mass Effect, Star Ocean, etc. I've also played quite a few MMO's in the past but I am very burned out from how similar they all started to feel over time. I am very excited for Ashes of Creation because it is trying something new, and the developers have a lot of passion for the project as well as experience in what they are doing. I feel from reading everyone else's comments here that a great community is forming as well. I look forward to meeting all of you and sharing this experience in the years to come.
  • Options
    Hello all, my names Luca and im hoping to see this game become as promised.

I specially like the fact that nothing is permanent. Hopefully my future questions get answered :P
  • Options
    Yo,

I boarded the hype train and I cannot contain myself any longer.

It's been too long, that a new and wonderful MMO came out which satisfied my needs, and I have this hunch that ashes of creation is the one.

Looking forward to meeting some of you in-game, as a veteran mmo player I can't wait to dive into this gem.

Cheerio <3
  • Options
    Greetings All!
    Looks like the start of a pretty neat community here. The game looks VERY promising. Nice to see an Indie Dev with something to show BEFORE they run a Kickstarter. That Impresses me quite a bit.
    Anyway, I have been around since the crusty old days of dialup on Neverwinter Nights on AOL. Still remember lining up for my turn at the 3 red dragons deep inside a smuggler's den... Fun times though expensive with a per minute charge! Since then I have dabbled in many MMOs but always quested for The Great Fantasy Sandbox that has not quite been able to get going. This game and Team show promise once again. The Community is off to a great start.
    Looking forward to getting to know as many in the Community as I can and playing a terrific game again! Best wishes on the Kickstarter! I'll be watching and likely participating.

Bringsite
  • Options
    Howdy all, looking forward to seeing ya'll in the game. GL , and god speed on this project.

Been gaming since the first batch of pixels were formed.
  • Options
    Hi there,

I just wanted to introduce myself real quickly. I'm 27 years old and I live in Nuremberg, Germany.

Like many of you, I played WoW for several years and I met my future husband there, so I feel a lot of nostalgia for the game, but still, I am just kind of through with it. After I quit WoW, I indulged mostly in single player games like The Witcher and the Dragon Age series (which are both friggin awesome).

Anyways, the yearning for a beautiful new MMO with lots of great people to meet there has never quite left me, so here I am.

That's about it, have a great day everyone!
  • Options
    Dropping in to say hi to all. Game looks really good so far and looking forward to more updates!
  • Options
    Hi all,

Just watched the video posted by TheLazyPeon on youtube.

I have to say that I'm excited by what I have seen and heard...
  • Options
    Oy lads and lasses! What's up at the hype train? :D

I'm Thyralon, 25 y/o gamer from germany! Playing games of all kind of genres since... ever. Started playing MMOs with Dark Age of Camelot and Everquest with my dad and currently playing World of Warcraft since the european beta back in 2005!

Tried nearly all MMOs out there. Like Eso, Lotro, Swtor, Tera, Bdo, Wildstar, Archeage, GW1&2, etc.
    Since I grew up with Warcraft and its lore, I always went back to it. But I'm craving for a new sort of sandbox MMO. BDO was great, it was fun - for a time. But the grinding... is just real. And I don't like it. The endgame content is horrible. (For my taste).

For MMOs, I mostly enjoy the DPS melee classes. In WoW I always sticked to the Retribution Paladin, drivin by a holy cause, smiting those unholy creatures and stuff. But I think this time i will go with the Ranger. Since this is a dual-class based game (so far) a Ranger/Mage sounds pretty awesome. Had that class in Neverwinter Nights 2. Arcane Archer, i think it was called so, and I like this idea of fantasy. Shooting those magical enhanced arrows.

I hope you're all having a great day! See you in the forums and discord!