Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

DPS Meter Megathread

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Noaani wrote: »

Talking about the genre as a whole and a small part of it is plenty appropriate in its scope and subject.

All I've strung together is a somewhat cohesive design choice that may feature in an MMORPG, that would fit in Ashes of Creation while shitting on many problems the genre, game, and players would otherwise face.
    Of course, it would also be more immersive and open up gameplay opportunities.

Do you think it's good as part of the genre or not.
    Do you think it's good as part of the game's direction or not.

You have a choice, talk about the MMO genre as a whole in a thread about the MMO genre as a whole, or talk about Ashes specifically in a thread about Ashes specifically.

I may answer your question if it is in the correct place - I may not. I absolutely will not answer it if it is in the wrong place.

Given it's a question about how numbers and number transparency is handled it's in the right place.

Now answer the question.

This is a thread about combat trackers in Ashes as we understand the game to be.
  • Options
    SapiverenusSapiverenus Member
    edited October 2022
    Azherae wrote: »
    Noaani wrote:

This is still just your fantasy where the game doesn't have a combat log.

I'm sure that you will - one day - join the rest of us in reality.

It's a project by a dude. In reality. In reality -> people aren't Laws of the Universe outside of anyone's reach.

Do you think the prospect is good, or bad? Is the goal itself bad to you?

Fin.

It's a project by a dude. In reality. In reality -> people aren't Laws of the Universe outside of anyone's reach.

Steven has said the game will have combat logs.

Until he says otherwise, we work on the assumption the game will have combat logs.

Any time you say "how about we ignore this aspect of the game that Intrepid have talked about" you may as well be talking about another game.

When you start stringing many such things together (as you have done), you are talking about a fantasy game.

Talking about the genre as a whole and a small part of it is plenty appropriate in its scope and subject.

All I've strung together is a somewhat cohesive design for an MMORPG that would fit in Ashes of Creation while shitting on many problems the genre, game, and players would otherwise face.

You'd still have to define exactly how the design gives players any information at all. UI gotta start somewhere.

Basically you're talking about a theoretical game where a player can see something that my UICore code can't. Which doesn't exist.

Why are you replying the same way. . .
    "Yet this process could continue on and on until it is both difficult to reverse engineer and transparent enough to players to be understandable and enjoyable.

All the while adding in new mechanics, grounding feedback, immersion, so on and so forth.

Even resulting in a game that counters bots and braindeadness, while also rewarding deep and grounded intuition, which would make insights and excellence more impressive. . .

Fin "

Do you think this is good, or not?

I can't debate the merits of impossible things. Probably one of my great weaknesses, this whole 'being tethered to reality'...

You're tethered to your own introverted mind. You understand nothing of growth or how to conceptualize something that isn't force fed into you. Do you know the real 'grounded' use of thinking?

You have described yourself as useless except as a kind of programmed robot.

lol

All I've strung together is a somewhat cohesive design choice that may feature in an MMORPG, that would fit in Ashes of Creation while shitting on many problems the genre, game, and players would otherwise face.

You have a choice, talk about the MMO genre as a whole in a thread about the MMO genre as a whole, or talk about Ashes specifically in a thread about Ashes specifically.

I may answer your question if it is in the correct place - I may not. I absolutely will not answer it if it is in the wrong place.

Given it's a question about how numbers and number transparency is handled it's in the right place.

Now answer the question.

This is a thread about combat trackers in Ashes as we understand the game to be.

That game is in development. It's up to change. This is a simple free forum for discussion.
    You refuse to engage with a question that would reveal your general opinion on the matter. You will not answer even for the sake of the discussion, for communication and understanding.

Would you like me to understand? Answer the question.
  • Options
    You refuse to engage with a question that would reveal your general opinion on the matter.
    No, your question is in relation to combat feedback in general, not to a combat tracker.

They are different matters entirely.
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    You have you can look through your old post it is there.
    It isn't. I never said it - because it isn't how I would play a game.

You may have assumed it, but that is a result of your pre-conceived opinion on trackers and people that use them, an opinion that is not formed on any actual knowledge.

That is why you can't find it - and the fact you can't find it is why you can't quote it.
    When did I say a tracker tells you what is going on in the middle of combat, i haven't. That would be the next step where you have combat assistance though.
    This is incorrect.

A combat assistant would perform an action in game for you.
    When did i say ever member is speaking over each other, pretty bad assumption there.
    If you are suggesting that people call out abilities without actually having a good idea of what abilities they need to call out, you are saying exactly this, just without knowing you are saying it.

There are so many abilities going off so often, that it would absolutely be a case of players talking over each other.

This is why the only abilities a raid calls are the abilities that the raid has decided they need to coordinate in order to overcome. Again, this is different per raid, and depends on things like class, gear, build and specific player skill of those present. Raids decide which abilities need to be called based on how they decide to tackle each ability. They make that call based on hard data about each ability a boss has.

Bring this back to your assertion that I would use a combat tracker in place of communication. Explain to me how that holds any truth at all to you when I am using a combat tracker to make sure clear communication is able to happen.

You can believe what you want doesn't change what you have said though, we had a giant discussion over it and you refuses to believe action combat people can handle more going on and any amount of coop effort with communication. Maybe you are starting to understand why I keep saying you have bad takes.

I'm not going to have a giant discussion with you again over this, if you care what people say listen and be open to ideas. All you have shown is care for what you want and assuming I'm suddenly talking about calling off abilities which is weird. It shouldn't be under to understand having a main lead and cell groups to share communication with each other based on mechs you need to deal with.

They moment you stop trying to force something down peoples thought and understand people it will do a lot for you to actually progress conversations. You are too busy assuming things you want in a convo to actually listen to someone.

Have already gone over communication and talking to your team to figure things out over time rather than relying on a tracker for everything.
  • Options
    You can believe what you want doesn't change what you have said though, we had a giant discussion over it and you refuses to believe action combat people can handle more going on and any amount of coop effort with communication. Maybe you are starting to understand why I keep saying you have bad takes.

From what I can tell, you are saying I have bad takes because you aren't actually reading any posts, and just assuming people say things they don't say.

If we did indeed have a "giant discussion" over it, it would be really easy for you to find.

You claim you don't want to have another "giant discussion" over it again, which is great - I don't want to either. What I want you to do is to tell me where I said what would lead you to saying this...
    He says he isn't capable of communicating as a group to clear content in cells.
    That isn't something I have ever said, because it straight up isn't true.

What I have said is that your suggestion of breaking a raid up in to "cells" and having them call stuff simply wouldn't work. Other than that, I have literally no idea at all where you would get the idea that I have said I can't communicate to a raid.

This is why I am asking you to quote it. You are saying that I said something that I would not say.
    I'm not going to have a giant discussion with you again over this, if you care what people say listen and be open to ideas. All you have shown is care for what you want and assuming I'm suddenly talking about calling off abilities which is weird. It shouldn't be under to understand having a main lead and cell groups to share communication with each other based on mechs you need to deal with.
    What you haven't done is explain how this is a replacement for a combat tracker.

You are talking about something that is happening at a different time to when you would use a combat tracker, and is performing a function that a combat tracker does not perform. You are talking about calls during combat here, which is not where a tracker is it's most effective.
    Have already gone over communication and talking to your team to figure things out over time rather than relying on a tracker for everything.
    Yeah, but you have totally ignored the fact that a combat tracker doesn't stop the need to talk to your group or raid to work this out.

In fact, it adds to it.

I recall spending hours in Teamspeak back in the day talking to people in the guild about the encounter we were working on. We would all be looking over the data from the previous nights raid, discussing what we each thought may be going on.

This is why your suggestion about combat trackers and communication are just erroneous. Trackers do not supplant communication.
  • Options
    TragnarTragnar Member
    edited October 2022
    Noaani wrote:

This is still just your fantasy where the game doesn't have a combat log.

I'm sure that you will - one day - join the rest of us in reality.

Fin.

Steven has said the game will have combat logs.

Until he says otherwise, we work on the assumption the game will have combat logs.

Any time you say "how about we ignore this aspect of the game that Intrepid have talked about" you may as well be talking about another game.

When you start stringing many such things together (as you have done), you are talking about a fantasy game.

All I've strung together is a somewhat cohesive design for an MMORPG that would fit in Ashes of Creation while shitting on many problems the genre, game, and players would otherwise face.

You'd still have to define exactly how the design gives players any information at all. UI gotta start somewhere.

Basically you're talking about a theoretical game where a player can see something that my UICore code can't. Which doesn't exist.

Why are you replying the same way. . .
    "Yet this process could continue on and on until it is both difficult to reverse engineer and transparent enough to players to be understandable and enjoyable.

All the while adding in new mechanics, grounding feedback, immersion, so on and so forth.

Even resulting in a game that counters bots and braindeadness, while also rewarding deep and grounded intuition, which would make insights and excellence more impressive. . .

Fin "

Do you think this is good, or not?

I can't debate the merits of impossible things. Probably one of my great weaknesses, this whole 'being tethered to reality'...

You're tethered to your own introverted mind. You understand nothing of growth or how to conceptualize something that isn't force fed into you. Do you know the real 'grounded' use of thinking?

You have described yourself as useless except as a kind of programmed robot.

lol

Now answer the question.

That game is in development. It's up to change. This is a simple free forum for discussion.
    You refuse to engage with a question that would reveal your general opinion on the matter. You will not answer even for the sake of the discussion, for communication and understanding.

Would you like me to understand? Answer the question.

This doesn't make sense - what does floating combat text have in common with combat trackers?

I admit that both use combat log data to display its information - however both have vastly different goals - floating combat text has the purpose to make you FEEL good about doing damage, combat tracker allows you to have more information about your play
    “Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil.”

― Plato
  • Options
    x2i66qpsxhoo.png
    Drinking refreshing snowflakes tears
  • Options
    Deadfool wrote: »

Yes, we know.

First, combat trackers are not inherently add ons. Add ons are actually fairly easy to prevent.

While Steven has said they won't "allow" trackers, that doesn't mean they can make an actual rule about it. I am able to run any stand alone applications on my computer that I like, and if it does not interact with Intrepids software, they have no say at all in it.

Literally none at all.

In fact, if they even look at what applications we are all running at the same time as we run the game client, that by itself will go against privacy laws in a number of jurisdictions - and you can't sign away basic rights that are granted to you by law.

Now, when you contrast this to the notion that a combat tracker in Ashes can be run while the games client isn't even running - or indeed can be run on a totally different computer - it starts to become obvious how foolish it would be to even take a step down this road.
  • Options

what if the dps tracker is not built as an addon, but as a completely separate third-party software that can be run from your phone?
    “Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil.”

― Plato
  • Options
    StreviStrevi Member
    edited October 2022
    But if Intrepid won't include a combat tracker, i am not worried as much because we all know that 3rd party trackers are not completely accurate.
    In my experience, the only "inaccuracy" a third party tracker has is in relation to range. If combat is taking place too far away to be logged on your client, obviously the tracker wont be able to use the data.

This is why some guilds run a server where all guild members have their log sent to, and it merges all logs in to one in order to run through a tracker.

This is what I wanted to post too, but I chosen to answer differently when considering the 30 hour effort to create a 3rd party tracker.
    Such common databases can be very valuable and I think would happen anyway, with or without an in-game tracker. Then the 3rd party tracker would become superior to the in-game one and players would use those one instead the in-game one.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options

From what I can tell, you are saying I have bad takes because you aren't actually reading any posts, and just assuming people say things they don't say.

If we did indeed have a "giant discussion" over it, it would be really easy for you to find.

You claim you don't want to have another "giant discussion" over it again, which is great - I don't want to either. What I want you to do is to tell me where I said what would lead you to saying this...
    He says he isn't capable of communicating as a group to clear content in cells.
    That isn't something I have ever said, because it straight up isn't true.

What I have said is that your suggestion of breaking a raid up in to "cells" and having them call stuff simply wouldn't work. Other than that, I have literally no idea at all where you would get the idea that I have said I can't communicate to a raid.

This is why I am asking you to quote it. You are saying that I said something that I would not say.
    What you haven't done is explain how this is a replacement for a combat tracker.

You are talking about something that is happening at a different time to when you would use a combat tracker, and is performing a function that a combat tracker does not perform. You are talking about calls during combat here, which is not where a tracker is it's most effective.
    Yeah, but you have totally ignored the fact that a combat tracker doesn't stop the need to talk to your group or raid to work this out.

In fact, it adds to it.

I recall spending hours in Teamspeak back in the day talking to people in the guild about the encounter we were working on. We would all be looking over the data from the previous nights raid, discussing what we each thought may be going on.

This is why your suggestion about combat trackers and communication are just erroneous. Trackers do not supplant communication.

Post are there it doesn't matter how much you try to deny it lmao. I find its funny you are trying to attempt to back track now. Your post were read and you triple downed on them is the funny thing. Don't ask me to got through hundreds of pages because you always have garbage takes.

Trackers don't add to anything unless yo mean talking about making the game easier and requiring less communication. Nor does any game need to be built around trackers and invisible mechanics you need to deal with, as far as I'm concerned that is a issue with older games and their lack of technology to add more difficulty. Such difficulty that can only come from action combat and not looking at math sheets.
  • Options
    Post are there it doesn't matter how much you try to deny it lmao. I find its funny you are trying to attempt to back track now.
    I mean, if they are there, just quote them.

It would take less time and effort than you have already spent replying to me asking you to quote them.
    Trackers don't add to anything unless yo mean talking about making the game easier and requiring less communication.
    Again, trackers do not result in less communication being needed.

While an argument can be made that they make the game easier, they only do this if a developer doesn't take them in to account (directly or indirectly) when developing content for the game.
    as far as I'm concerned that is a issue with older games and their lack of technology to add more difficulty.
    Those "old games" you talk about were able to create content so difficult that even with trackers, players couldn't kill it for a full year, and needed a level cap increase. Kids these days would cry at the difficulty of much of the content of those "old games" that you are deriding here, the same "old games" that were being referred to when Steven said "Make MMO's Great Again".

Again, you are just showing your ignorance of all things MMO here - again. You have a bias towards action combat that is borne out of your preference for fighting games, and have no understanding of the depth capable with a tab target system.
  • Options
    Post are there it doesn't matter how much you try to deny it lmao. I find its funny you are trying to attempt to back track now.

It would take less time and effort than you have already spent replying to me asking you to quote them.
    Trackers don't add to anything unless yo mean talking about making the game easier and requiring less communication.

While an argument can be made that they make the game easier, they only do this if a developer doesn't take them in to account (directly or indirectly) when developing content for the game.
    as far as I'm concerned that is a issue with older games and their lack of technology to add more difficulty.
    Those "old games" you talk about were able to create content so difficult that even with trackers, players couldn't kill it for a full year, and needed a level cap increase. Kids these days would cry at the difficulty of much of the content of those "old games" that you are deriding here, the same "old games" that were being referred to when Steven said "Make MMO's Great Again".

Again, you are just showing your ignorance of all things MMO here - again. You have a bias towards action combat that is borne out of your preference for fighting games, and have no understanding of the depth capable with a tab target system.

Naa I'm not looking through a ton of post to find them, ill just remember how many crappy takes you have.
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Naa I'm not looking through a ton of post to find them, ill just remember how many crappy takes you have.

Very persuasive.
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

It's not likely that Mag prefers Action Combat because of fighting games. In my experience, more serious fighting game players prefer something closer to Tab or Hybrid. He probably prefers it as a result of his personality and personal preferences, moreso than any fighting game parallel.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    You refuse to engage with a question that would reveal your general opinion on the matter.
    No, your question is in relation to combat feedback in general, not to a combat tracker.

Combat feedback in general isn't relevant even though it determines the relevancy, possibility, and impact of combat trackers?
    As well as the enjoyment of a game?

It's not the right place for it, in a free forum and 180 page thread?
  • Options
    my assumption is that you have never actually played an MMO, based on your apparent knowledge of them

It is funny how this is always your go to in talking shit about peoples experience that don't agree with you. When you know literally nothing about them.

Like you are proving again and again how hypocritical you are talking about it being a school kid insult yet you can't stop going back to this yourself.

I understand TAB target completely well and the lack of depth from the combat front of it compared to what action games do. And the growth to the genre it have been getting over the MANY YEARS taking from action elements.

It really can't trust you on you playing other mmorpgs besides EQ because it seems like you have not or you would understand what I'm talking about. This has nothing to do with fighting games, you are simply talking out of your ass because as I've before you don't care what people think just what you want. Leading you to create weird assumptions on people you don't know or care to understand.

Depth is only added onto more when you include more action combat and you have all the stat and skill traits of tab because that doesn't go away. You are only adding more levels on to it.

• Options
    Aerlana wrote: »
    Then, what happens is a member refuses because, as some people said on this topic, they dislike this tool ?
    "Don't go in guild who wish to perform in high end if you don't want the use of tracker" yes... but if all people in the guild have the same mindset about this topic, there is no problem about the "bad" use people doing it.

Well the reality is that if someone wants to improve they have to put themselves in a situation that allows it. Using any and all tools available definitely helps. If they want to stagnate that is their choice and unfortunately that does sometimes impact more than just themselves, which in this case would be however many people are doing dungeons/raids etc. They can be excluded which in all honestly if someone was having a problem in their role and not willing to improve based on feedback or such then I would remove them. It's about the many not that one person.

But this is best case and is not always used this way due to every person being different.
  • Options
    AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2022
    farewell wrote: »
    Well the reality is that if someone wants to improve they have to put themselves in a situation that allows it. Using any and all tools available definitely helps. If they want to stagnate that is their choice and unfortunately that does sometimes impact more than just themselves, which in this case would be however many people are doing dungeons/raids etc. They can be excluded which in all honestly if someone was having a problem in their role and not willing to improve based on feedback or such then I would remove them. It's about the many not that one person.

But this is best case and is not always used this way due to every person being different.

Sure, i used tracker more or less depending on games, and mainly how willingly i was to master my character to the top (i did not raid lead a lot in "top end" so the tracker to help to understand what happened is not a case that was a real deal for me)
    and used it a lot when people asked me "how to get better" ... learning them how to understand the game, to ensure them to not need me patch after patch (while guide make you dependant on guides, imo)

The problem is : what happen when player that want enjoy, try be "simply good" goes in a party where people try to perform ? he gets kick. Or FFXIV way : silence, or wow way "stfu noob L2P" (could also be the social people but... lets see worst cases).

The idea of guild perk tracker avoid situation when people with mindset A fall with team with mindset B.
    Both are playing the game the good way, their own good way, and both are importatn for the game health, but due to different mindset, the risk of toxicity is real. Lets get it clear and allow people to have fast as many way to find the guild that fit their taste as possible. And sure, if this topic proves one thing : tracker is a big point to chose your guildmate !

the way the game is currently following is FFXIV one : not allowed, but used a lot, to a point a site allow people to upload it... and make people who could want to not be "tracked" to have their data on it... Kick are silent because what is banned is not tracker use, but kicking while expressing "too low DPS" (so... simply toxic speak) and people angry to get kicked without reason, or having to keep a bad DPS in "farming party" for the fear to be reported and banned. Not a sane environment... prefer when people simply chose and know the consequences of their choices
  • Options
    Depth is only added onto more when you include more action combat and you have all the stat and skill traits of tab because that doesn't go away.
    This right here is one of those comments that leaves anyone reading thinking you have never played an MMO.

I mean, anyone that has played WoW over time and seen the games combat gain and lose massive amounts of depth at various times would just sit there shaking their head at this comment.
  • Options
    edited October 2022

Combat feedback in general isn't relevant even though it determines the relevancy, possibility, and impact of combat trackers?

Combat feedback that players get - as in, that is designed for players to easily understand during combat - is not the same thing nor does it serve the same purpose as a combat tracker. Combat feedback is usually only a subset of the data a combat tracker uses, because players simply cant absorb enough data fast enough for developers to present all of it to players.

This is indeed a free forum, and you are free to post what ever you want where ever you want it, within reason. You are also free to not post anything you dont want to post.

The thing is, so am I.

As I have said, *I* am not answering that question in this thread.

Is that a problem?
  • Options
    Depth is only added onto more when you include more action combat and you have all the stat and skill traits of tab because that doesn't go away.
    This right here is one of those comments that leaves anyone reading thinking you have never played an MMO.

I mean, anyone that has played WoW over time and seen the games combat gain and lose massive amounts of depth at various times would just sit there shaking their head at this comment.

Your typical disgusting behavior doesn't surprise me you will manipulate anything any chance you get.

Unless you want to talk about certain mechanics that have changed so they can be discussed in what I think based on what I AM saying do not try to bring up blanket statements.
  • Options

Combat feedback that players get - as in, that is designed for players to easily understand during combat - is not the same thing nor does it serve the same purpose as a combat tracker. Combat feedback is usually only a subset of the data a combat tracker uses, because players simply cant absorb enough data fast enough for developers to present all of it to players.

This is indeed a free forum, and you are free to post what ever you want where ever you want it, within reason. You are also free to not post anything you dont want to post.

The thing is, so am I.

As I have said, *I* am not answering that question in this thread.

Is that a problem?

Are we talking about combat feedback now?
    You're talking about combat feedback and giving your opinion?

""Yet this process could continue on and on until it is both difficult to reverse engineer and transparent enough to players to be understandable and enjoyable.

Fin "

Problem?

Moreover a game that can be 'solved' with log reading after the fact is not dynamic; it is static. Do you want static content?

Are you hoping for static content?
    Are you hoping to beat static content with trackers?

Are you hoping trackers will be giving you feedback mid-fight as to their damage and effect?

Are you hoping for full logs and full tracking?
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    @Noaani

"Doesn't serve the same function"

The problem is that you insist players shouldn't have to overcome obstacles to information acquisition in-game because you want WoW raids and omniscience.

"players simply cant absorb enough data fast enough for developers to present all of it to players."

Feedback that builds on a person's intuitions, player intuition, by being 'based in reality' in a way that is consistent with 'real reality' and the 'game's reality' in an intertwined way makes Feedback easier to absorb and process.
    Just as a CoD Player learns to extract information from the screen and notice the camoflouged pixels of a person in the bush, any MMO player can pick up on information presented by the game. But numbers are dumb and not fun.

If this feedback is difficult to reduce to numerical formulas and trackers can't be used due to both the difficulty of reducing the game in such a way, machine recognition hostilities, limited client information, and the variability to "mobs", the player will have to focus on alternatives to overcoming challenges rather than "lose then look through the logs then metagame harder" such as by using their INTELLIGENCE and RESOURCEFULNESS, as well as SKILL and KNOWLEDGE beyond EXPLOITS. Perhaps yall should just try again? git gud?
    Or maybe just invite more people next time; maybe ask someone who can lead the group? Go check out the marketplace in-game? Go elsewhere?

Trackers aren't a golden goose of fun. Except to you, and those you surround yourself with that are just like you.

There are people with more than double the data processing as you.
    Much of it is skill based, familiarity, intuition. Much of it is a difference in attributes; they just process things quicker. They should be rewarded for that merit OVER you; rather than you. You excluded. Not you.
    The 'data' available shouldn't be numbers; it should be intertwined with what is visible on-screen, audio, impact, response, reaction, behavior, cause & effect. It should intertwine with Sense, Intuition, Reason, Judgement and Knowledge for a cohesively immersive game that sets up, enables, promotes, establishes and generates f U n

Problem?
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    The problem is that you insist players shouldn't have to overcome obstacles to information acquisition in-game because you want WoW raids and omniscience.
    So, anyone that has spent any time on these forums would know that I consider WoW to be the single worst thing to happen to the MMO genre ever. It is a blight, not something to be copied.

As to your comment that I insist players shouldn't have to overcome obstacles to gain information - I never said that.

Before I go further, explain to me exactly how a guild is able to get detailed information about an encounter without a combat tracker.

The rest of.my response to the a ove post is awaiting your answer to this question.
  • Options
    StreviStrevi Member
    edited October 2022
    This discussion was created from comments split from: DPS Meter Megathread.

I’ve instructed the mods to focus any dps meter threads into a single mega thread to help focus and centralize the discussion 👍

What was in the original thread?
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    So, anyone that has spent any time on these forums would know that I consider WoW to be the single worst thing to happen to the MMO genre ever. It is a blight, not something to be copied.

As to your comment that I insist players shouldn't have to overcome obstacles to gain information - I never said that.

Before I go further, explain to me exactly how a guild is able to get detailed information about an encounter without a combat tracker.

The rest of.my response to the a ove post is awaiting your answer to this question.

The only important matter here is whether said guild overcomes the encounter; however the difficulty is determined is multiplicit.

Information acquisition and processing can be rewarded without numerical feedback and trackers.

Answer the questions.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Answer the questions.
    As I said in my above post that you quoted, i will continue my reply to the post of yours that I quoted (though not to the other post of yours above it) once you have answered the question I asked you.

This is how discussion works.

I'll ask it again - other than a combat tracker, how are players expected to obtain detailed data about an encounter.

Edit to add; you only get to decide what is important to you, not what is important to everyone. I am asking you a direct question looking for more information from you so that I can answer your question that you asked me. That question may not be important to you, but it is required for me to be able to answer your question.

Since you do not know what the answer I am going to give to your question is, you are in no position at all to say whether the question I asked is important or not.
  • Options
    This thread is not only about combat trackers but is also related to the "cancel culture" and frustration when one feels it should be able to but cannot cancel somebody.
  • Options
    This is how discussion works.

Look into your trash and fall asleep head first.
    I'll ask it again - other than a combat tracker, how are players expected to obtain detailed data about an encounter.

You don't need to explicitly know the mechanisms to respond thoughtfully.

Even resulting in a game that counters bots and braindeadness, while also rewarding deep and grounded intuition, which would make insights and excellence more impressive. . ."

"Talking about the genre as a whole and a small part of it is plenty appropriate in its scope and subject.

Do you think it's good as part of the game's direction or not."

"You refuse to engage with a question that would reveal your general opinion on the matter. You will not answer even for the sake of the discussion, for communication and understanding.

Would you like me to understand? Answer the question. "

"Moreover a game that can be 'solved' with log reading after the fact is not dynamic; it is static. Do you want static content?

Are you hoping to beat static content with trackers?

Are you hoping trackers will be giving you feedback mid-fight as to their damage and effect?

Are you hoping for full logs and full tracking? "