Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Gauging Community Combat Preference [Tab vs. Action, thoughts on Hybrid]

124»

Comments

• Options
    burl3yb0y wrote: »
    People preferring action seem to be forgetting this is an MMO where people put in hundreds of days in /played. I don't want to play God of War or Street Fighter for that long, sorry. All the arguments about action being more skillful or more fun are true, but that gets draining, people don't want that for their mindless farming and grinding.

That's a fair point. Since it requires more mechanical skill, it can be exhausting for some people - especially in a game like Ashes where PvP is an integral part of the game. Good thing Intrepid will allow players to play however they wish so people aren't disappointed.
    signature.png
  • Options
    I’m pretty ambivalent on the choice. Either can be good, but the key for me is that the combat feels fluid and responsive. One of the biggest criticisms leveled against the recent New World test was that the action combat was vulnerable to lag and sync issues as well as feeling clunky because it locks you into animation sequences when you use abilities. If the combat feels like it did in New World, I will be very unlikely to stick around.

And given my geographical location I will most likely be playing with about 100-200ms ping. Believe me, I noticed that In New World, and it wasn’t a positive play experience.