Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Glorious Gourd Contest Returns!

Comments

• Options
    llamamamallamamama Member, Alpha One
    Hey everyone,

Here is my submission titled: Phoenix Goddess, Avatar of Creation gives birth to the land of Verra.
    (every piece is made from pumpkin!)

DDS33RU.jpg
  • Options
    danimanodanimano Member
    edited October 2020
    Hi everyone. :smile:

4ZQF9CB.png

• Options
    This is my submission for the contest.
    It's The Fox of The Pyre and was meant to have burning ears too. Unfortunately due to natural causes, the integrity of the pumpkin isn't a thing anymore. I did, however, add a fire effect in Photoshop to simulate what it would have looked like

https://www.linkpicture.com/q/AoC-Contest-Sub-Light.jpg
    https://www.linkpicture.com/q/AoC-Contest-Sub-Dark-1.png
    https://www.linkpicture.com/q/AoC-Contest-Sub-Dark-2.png
    https://www.linkpicture.com/q/AoC-Contest-Sub-Dark-3.png
    https://www.linkpicture.com/q/AoC-Contest-Sub-Dark-Edit.png
    ~ I AM NOT YOUR CAT! >:c
  • Options
    AinzAinz Member
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    balisobaliso Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2020
    Hey all! I'm not really a artistic type. Much more of a left-brain operative. But this is my submission :)

AYDY3WZ.jpeg

Happy Halloween! Be safe!

Baliso
  • Options
    Not my greatest work but I had tons of fun making it!
    2kpiASh.jpg
  • Options
    eloriyaeloriya Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tried my hand at some first time relief carving. I know enough now to say I won't be doing it again, but it was fun to learn!
    Tools used: Flathead screwdriver and an Exacto knife.

IokGzZc.jpg

34R6tdq.jpg

• Options
    KabhaalKabhaal Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2020
    Theres no spookier class than the Necromancer. Wandering through a graveyard or battlefield with lantern in hand looking for additions to his undead entourage!

GdAjPNT.jpg
    62SWSK9.jpg
    UMVmlKU.jpg
    VVqbeFA.jpg

All in all pretty happy with the result. dropped about thirty hours into this dude not counting the drawing for the the design. I had to meme it up alittle and I'll let you see if you can find the little detail I slipped in.
  • Options
    EmersonEmerson Member, Alpha One
    When I was young, I was a serious animal tamer. In my old age, I only have 3 left, but you can have one! Choose!

First is a Fox of the Pyre. This beast's temperament has not changed with age. It's mood may be tempestuous but the truly might can ride this steed into battle.

Up next is the Wisp Welk. Catching this mollusk was like catching air. Quite the phantom but sitting atop one truly leaves others filled with wonder.

Last, but not least, is the Stag of the Boughs. Rarely seen but I managed to coax it out of the grove. Some say it is the forest incarnate, an avatar wielding boundless power.

3qcJcsy.jpg
  • Options
    LapisLapis Member, Settler, Kickstarter, Intrepid Pack
    Legend says, that one can obtain the mighty "Pumpkin-Quarrior" by breeding a quarrior with a shell of the ancients on Halloween...

Pumpkin-Quarrior.png
  • Options
    GoromirGoromir Member
    edited October 2020
    Hey guys,

here is my input for the event. I'm a AoC fanatic since the kickstarter ended, missed it saldy by some days but still cant wait to play the game.
    There are already some interesting uploads from our gaming community "TheCall" represented but i thought lets give it annother shot.

Give it your best and punish the haters, good luck to all of you!

foDnssW.jpg
  • Options
    SilvormaneSilvormane Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    MalfunMalfun Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    rKaFstS.jpg
    dKtR5vu.jpg
    The Sacrilege Sacrifice
    As the Vek search the stars for knowledge, they foretold the return to Verra was soon upon the dispossessed citizens of the old world. One such Vek sought to persuade the great Sandal God to open the gate early with an offering of a sacrificed ramstrider.
    As the blood pools at the center of the altar, the Vek raises his staff of wood, leather, and a sensible sole with the power of casual comfort, and speaks, “Great Sandal God, I beseech you! Open the gate, so I may return to my home of Verra.” A wind blows extinguishing all light, and an ominous voice thunders through the temple, “I HAVE ALREADY TOLD YOU, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!” “™”
    A crack of lightning struck the altar where the ramstrider lay. The markings surrounding the beast began to glow. There was a low gurgling noise, and what was the lifeless corpse of the ramstrider slowly staggered up to his feet. He fixed his soulless eyes on the Vek, rose up on his hind legs and charged forward. The crushing blow from the monstrous nightmare’s horns left the slight frame of the Vek crumpled on the floor. In an almost inaudible whisper the Vek begs, “Please, at least give me an alpha 1 key.”

A lot more competition this year. Good luck everyone!
    Malfun
  • Options
    SincereSincere Member
    edited October 2020
    Greetings fellow adventurers,
    I have an urgent quest for you today !
    A dangerous creature terrifies our village by appearing out of nowhere and by attacking our cattle.
    It is more and more active at this time of the year but very difficult to spot.
    In fact, we call it the Brood Mimic.
    Please, find it and eliminate this threat before someone gets hurt.
    Your efforts will be greately rewarded.

Here is a representation of what it looks like :
    Good luck adventurers !

DnvJDFW.jpg
  • Options
    SBPeriwolfSBPeriwolf Member
    edited October 2020
    Hello !
    Here's my digital entry for the contest. I adore the design of many of the mounts and pets in AoC so I choose the ones that I thought went well for a horror-themed pumpkin design to honor the Halloween season. (featuring the pets Blacksight Watcher, Shatterclaw, and the mount Ebon Omen)

I hope you guys like it! I really enjoyed working on this piece and it sure was a bit challenging to try to paint a carved pumpkin haha!

bKlKaGQ.jpg
  • Options
    JiPtheChipJiPtheChip Member
    edited October 2020
    Burning Colosseum

z44pIjN.jpg
  • Options
    "Come adventurer, come crafter, gather around the fire... I will tell you the tale of the Fox of the Pyre.
    It's fur is emblazoned with flame everlasting, dismissing the dark into the shadows it is casting.
    Venture, if you dare to the crimson peak... If it is your own pyre that you seek."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Here is my pumpkin - a free handed creative version of the my favorite mount, "Fox of the Pyre."

Good luck to everyone, see you all in Verra!

JnpJu-CMa-eJ88UiKCQ4bJ5Wb7EW_zLPVEEry62r0rLgBxbJlzY1DtA1QRVPsWjFQVbMc6A4hm4Pflt2DjBiMU7RlRvX9J2-tIS8.png

• Options
    RuneLinkRuneLink Member
    edited October 2020
    So I decided to "carve" a pumpkin into a piece of glass.
    Wish I was a little bit more artistic and be able to draw a better looking pumpkin.

L1rrTHU.jpg
  • Options
    I hope it looks at least a little like the blue tiger kitten XD
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KfYOwPiwc-o_9V1MdCVvpNltJvikcvBc/view?usp=sharing
  • Options
    Strawhat007Strawhat007 Member
    edited October 2020
    Happy Halloween everyone :D

Hope you enjoy my traditional art style of a knight trying to save the princess with a fire dragon standing between them!

2020_Glorious_Gourd_Digital.jpg
  • Options
    My inspiration came from the Embered Kit (the fire fox from September) ^^
    Hope you all like it !

BZGkgky.jpeg
  • Options
    IhatehealerzIhatehealerz Member, Alpha One
    I am a California firefighter paramedic and I have been gone on fires for the last 34 days. When I had the opportunity to talk to my daughter, she begged me to help make an entry for this contest when I got home, as she is desperate to play in alpha 1. She came up with the idea to build a LIFE SIZED Daystrider mount!! Needless to say, this was a crazy undertaking as I only had three days off before I had to go back to work.

It took us all three days working 14 hours a day to create this life-sized version. Altogether we used 127 pumpkins, 40 feet of rebar, wood structure supports, green tarps to make a green screen, and a ton of creative thinking to make this a reality. In the end, the full Daystrider measures 11 feet from tip to tail and stands a full 5 feet tall. Every part was made from pumpkins. The ears are pumpkin stems, the eyes are pumpkin bottoms, even the tail was made from pumpkin vines! And yes, it was rideable!

We would love everyone's support to get this voted into the top three, but if not, these past three days off, working hand in hand with my kids on such a cool project has been priceless.

NZPkKJx.jpg

This is our official entry, as this image conforms to the rules of the game in regard to the mandatory placard placed in the real-life picture.

8Znv2Q9.jpg

This is a fun image we made utilizing the green screen we created for our project. It shows my daughter and our mount off on a mission with the creators of the game to find ourselves an Alpha 1 key.

Last we created a link to other pictures of the project in case people wanted to see how we created it step by step and then a second link with some of the random construction pictures. I hope you all enjoy.

https://sites.google.com/view/ihatehealerz-glorious-gourd/home

https://sites.google.com/view/ihatehealerz-misc-construction/home
  • Options
    I call this "From The Fall, to The Return," and I made it to showcase the lore of the origin story behind Ashes of Creation.
    It shows the world before it was corrupted by the dark gods, the corruption taking over, the world rising from the ashes of the destroyed and ancient world, and then finally, the phoenix fully emerged to symbolize The Return.
    I hope to win an alpha key, but I'm super excited to share this with my Ashes Fam <3

122229216_909894732873895_3248823766655066182_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=QqecFCngdgUAX-3G9eZ&_nc_ht=scontent.fapa1-2.fna&tp=7&oh=8a48fdd09ec1d6ced7c9cf7f26da265b&oe=5FB8B3DA
  • Options
    4Zo8QDN.jpg

He left us his sandal so we could walk this long path with him.

• Options
    T8x5Qo3.jpeg

The caravan representing all the awesome mounts ventures around the world of Verra/around the Pumpkin.
    (included the all sides of the pumpkin below. Taking one picture including all sides turned out difficult somehow so the video shows it better i hope).

https://i.imgur.com/6BtRxx2.mp4
  • Options
    ChaosHvRChaosHvR Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It has definitely been more than a decade since I last shaped a pumpkin and I got to say... I don't remember my wrists aching this much, hahaha! I had a blast though!

I was inspired by the water mount dev update and I'm sure all can tell by what ;D The eye of the phoenix burns bright!!

Cheers and happy spooktober!!

3RUzP8s.jpg
  • Options
    KaelinTVKaelinTV Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2020
    Here's my digital submission. Kept the template in it's exact position, but reworked the color as it just didn't fit my submission piece at all and held back the feel of my submission. Hoping It doesn't eliminate me from the competition, but only changed the color of the template.

All Hail Sandal Lord Steven. Giver of gifts, Bestower of sandal.

kvbOjDg.jpeg

• Options
    Here we go, took a long time to carve this but unfortunately the pumpkin was not big enough -.- gone for a
    wizard taking on a dragon :)

https://imgur.com/fyYRXjn

https://imgur.com/3MmZYmh

• Options
    havhenheimhavhenheim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Here is my attempt on a divine gateway, this was super fun :) Happy Halloween!

KnGXCaA.jpg12pmGXd.jpgmrpPiIe.jpg
  • Options
    -=BARD=-

"Truly a force multiplier, the bard weaves songs of glory and conquest, inspiring his comrades to ever greater heights. The bard knows secret and powerful words, is able to speak into being terrible nightmares, or convince foes to become friends".

My most true two passions - music composition and games. Because of those, in Ashes of Creation, I'm choosing a Bard.

"Many Bard applications may exist in telling a story". - Let's start telling one, together.

p.s Just for a moment wanted to take a deep breath and thank to all of the Ashes of Creation team for this mesmerizing world and a journey they're inviting all of us to step into together.

3jqsUYc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.