Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, October 30, 2020 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• Options
    Personally I am worried that the game has too many systems on top of systems and may forget to add actual gameplay. And one of those areas I feel falls flat after all that is crafting and gathering. Do you have any plans to make those more than just "click thing and wait for it to be completed"?
  • Options
    Korean grinders rely heavily on how much you grind and upgrade your gear and this, most of the time, decide the outcome of a battle in PvP. Considering Ashes is heavily inspired by such MMOs (Archeage, Lineage II etc), is this something we should worry about?
  • Options
    BludbornBludborn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Would you be able to elaborate on the program that was mentioned in the Alpha One playtest image in regards to Offical Content Creators?
    K57XnEg.png
    BLUDBORN
    Twitch Partner and Content Creator
  • Options
    Can you give an example of a racial augment?
  • Options
    Does it ever upset anyone on the team to know that because you had to make your dream mmorpg, you are eliminating the sense of awe and wonder that that you would have had as a player rather than as a developer?
  • Options
    RheaperRheaper Member
    edited October 2020
    Will there be an external Achievements/Character Database that you can download or at least view your characters achievements, skills, equipment and timeline of gameplay outside of actually being in game. With what Im sure will be multiple characters for each player, a resource like that would be extremely helpful for both gameplay and a source of pride and record of achievement. No game has ever done this well imho.
    Thank you
  • Options
    I saw that kickstarter backers could get a kitten or a puppy pet. I wasn't able to back the game because I discovered it too late so I was wondering if I could still get access to kittens or cats in game and if I could customize them. For example my cat is a one-eyed black cat and I was wondering if I could recreate her and have her in the game with me.
  • Options
    In an interview Steven mentioned a furniture you can build to process your food again to amplify its buffs. Are food buffs going to be potent enough to be worth this endeavor?
  • Options
    Are there any places on the map where the node settlement will be on an island?

i.e. If there is an island just offshore that could fit a metropolis, is it one of the places to have pop, or only on mainlands / very large islands.
  • Options
    Quinny_WinnyQuinny_Winny Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    QA-1920x1080.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes Community!

Our next live stream will be Friday, October 30 at 11AM PDT! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

For this upcoming stream, we'd love to gather some questions from you to answer live! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer at the end of our live stream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct/succinct the better! Submissions end Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 11AM PDT so we can select your questions before the stream.

We'll see you soon for our development update live stream! https://www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

Question: Will the game be level gated or will groups be able to take on higher level enemies with various tactics.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There has been considerable constructive feedback from the recent New World Preview event, some of which might be quite useful for AoC development.

Question: Are the AoC team closely watching the market and drawing on the experience of not only past and current, active MMO`s but ones in progress too?
  • Options
    TacualeonTacualeon Member
    edited October 2020
    Do you have plan on adding physics, force and impulse to skills?
    Pull, push, attract, repel and other displacements.

Other than the pull we have now.
  • Options
    Dante MachiavelliDante Machiavelli Member, Alpha One
    edited October 2020
    Will there be animated character emotes as taunts?
    ooh ooh oowa oowa
    -tenor.gif
  • Options
    Any chance; we can have the "Combatant" state changed from purple to blue, before release?

I am color blind, and don't see the red in the color purple. I also equate blue as "middle ground", as opposed to "purple" beling "elite" (or on a higher level), for discriptive purposes.
  • Options
    RubyRuby Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will tulnar be able to select avian (birdlike) features?
    oQjiaXE.png
  • Options
    MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Big question we talk a lot about on the Discord is in regards to hitboxes.

W/ races having different sizes will hitboxes be standardized or will we see the long prophesied return of the OddJob meta where Dwarves are harder to hit but perhaps balanced by moving slightly slower on foot?
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    When is this game being released?
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    When can we learn more about the evil religions/gods in the game? We know some names and the domain of the good gods so can we get the same for the evil ones? Im in a evil cultist type guild atm and it would be awesome to know some of the gods we can worship.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Any chance of a recurring / regular weekly image and/or clip "leak"? (Posted every Friday)
  • Options
    Will summoned pets be limited to a specific number across all summoner classes or Will there be room for choosing to overwhelm your opponent by swarming them with many weak summons instead of fighting with 2-3 stronger ones?
  • Options
    Hey Steven what class/race are u gonna play and why?
  • Options
    Just wondering on your plans as repeatable end-game?
    As an example - ever since WoW added Mythic+ - which is essentially ever-scaling dungeon spamming where number values get higher and certain "affixes" or mechanics are introduced in higher levels - i couldn't i've lost unhealthy amounts of sleep. And i also kind of kept me coming back to the game. It was too easy to jump in with friends and start blasting dungeons for hours-on-end.

My main question is; Does AoC have something similar planned? A group-oriented repeatable content with a tinge of competitiveness? I know the game is going to be awesome but having a certain game-play loop, atleast for me, is critical nowadays. Since after the honeymoon phase, that's when the real struggle begins.
  • Options
    SoloveyFR wrote: »
    With this many systems and 250 vs 250, how will you ensure to have servers as stable as possible?
    (sorry if this has already been asked)

It has been talked about steven said he was positive the 250 vs 250 would be good they were currently looking to push it to 500 vs 500. It was in one of the dev streams i can try and find which one if you wanted a little more info.
  • Options
    Can I see who voted on me in mayor elections or will it be hidden?
    I’d like to know who my allies are.
  • Options
    ShoelidShoelid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Reposting my last question:

Personal improvement in both your player ability and your character is a huge part of an MMORPG. What tools will you give players to improve/test their own ability? Training dummies, PvP/PvE leaderboards, and achievements are some examples.

Hope the Intrepid gang and you fellas posting questions alongside me are all happy & healthy! :)
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited October 2020
    Hjerim wrote: »
    If you have multiple characters/alts on your account, will you have to take up multiple slots in a guild or one, if you want all of them to be part of the same guild?
    Is this set in stone or up for discussion?

I feel that it would be harmful for community guilds if they have to turn away people that like to make multiple characters. If one person takes up multiple slots it will be a disadvantage in multiple ways for the guild and this would seem in contrast with the social ideologies of the game.

I'd really like this answered......

If I'm doing a Guild Raid, but need to switch to a different class to suit the party better (perhaps a healer or a tank had to drop out, and I'm replacing them), then I'd like to be able to have the same Guild buffs as the rest of the party, so it'd make sense to allow alts in the same guild without taking up an extra player-slot.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Will there be in game lore for us to find in the form of books and other discoverables similar to skyrim?
  • Options
    DarkfuriaDarkfuria Member
    edited October 2020
    hello. i believe PVP will be a important mode in game to get/defense important player content like houses ,caravans etc . A player that dont like pvp or simple dont wanna do it ,will still enjoy the game ? ty.
  • Options
    SerChubulasSerChubulas Member
    edited October 2020
    Star Wars Galaxies Pre NGE had jedi as an optional payable profession/class that was only unlocked after you became force sensitive. Becoming force sensitive was normally unlocked after having a character at max level and having a ton of achievements. Is there or will there be locked professions/classes/archetypes beyond the 64 archetypes/classes that can only be unlocked later in the game?
  • Options
    NostraNostra Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    sunfrog wrote: »
    When is this game being released?

They answered this question numerous times. "When it's ready".