Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, October 30, 2020 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• Options
    Previously, you've mentioned that "In other games, Bards tend to be a relatively passive kind of way of playing and that's really not the direction that we want to go with it". In a relation with for example Lineage2, I understand that it won't be as a Prophet, Shilen Elder or Elven Elder. Will it be more like Swordsinger/Prophet/Bladedancer + Warcryer support play style or something totally different?

Best wishes,
    Arnas Panica
  • Options
    Since you're going for skill-shots for several abilities in this game, does different races have different hitboxes - hence making smaller races (Dünir, Niküa) have an advantage in PvP if they have smaller hitboxes?
  • Options
    Will the cosmetics in the shop be proportionate with the general gear level of the players and will eventually increase in quality or will the end game quality cosmetics be available during the start?
  • Options
    NostraNostra Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Damokles wrote: »
    Will you ever tell us the 3 races that will make up the tulnar race? Q.Q

It's the four parent races (3 races is an old, currently obsolete, statement).
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Tulnar
  • Options
    Will there be more expanded racial benefits than the base stats and will this benefits affect PvP combat? E.g, one race will be more beneficial to chose for gathering and or crafting and another for combat where this race will have a slightly higher resist chance for stuns and different schools of effects and so on, wheres this race will have a slight advantage in PvE or PvP? If that will be implemented what types of benefits will there be?
  • Options
    Magic Man wrote: »
    Could you give us a little bit more detail on how the ‘’main story quests’’ work ? If they are the ''narrative'' bit of the quests, would they take us all around Verra or be specific to a node with each one having its own version of the story?

For your information, the Wiki provides much of this information:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Quests

It describes the different type of quest: Narrative Quests (which are broken down into Storyline Quests and Story Arcs), Events, Tasks, etc. and if they affect the world of Verra at the Global, Node, or Local levels.
  • Options
    Xyls wrote: »
    Will PvP be allowed to happen in towns and cities or will there be mechanics to prevent it such as guards attacking anyone who flags as a combatant?

We know the answer to this. Ashes of Creation is an Open World PvP MMO. You can attack people literally anywhere (except Freeholds and possibly Player Stalls... the Stalls might be changing). If you flag as an attacker in a town the guards will indeed aggro on you, but that does not "prevent" you from killing a player with proper kiting and skill.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    BoncleEPC wrote: »
    If you're planning on increasing the level cap in future updates, how do you plan on avoiding the problem of leveling taking an ungodly amount of time to complete once you get to the higher levels?

Someone submits this question with every Q&A and it's been answered several times during prior Q&A feeds. Deehn was kind enough to track it down and inform me that my initial answer of "no" is in fact wrong, here is the link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KesMtSOZl8k&feature=youtu.be&t=1h26m54s

TL;DR - yes to increasing level cap. I can't answer part two of your answer but higher-level zones/mobs could easily grant higher experince.
  • Options
    Bonecurse wrote: »
    Will there be a threat meter or some way of tracking threat in dungeons/raids? Is there a threat system in place for the tank to hold aggro?

They have stated several times that there will be "no meters" (no DPS meter, no Threat meter, no Heal meter, etc.) in game and 3rd-party apps are not allowed. Yes, there will be a threat table that monsters have dictating who they are targeting and tanks have many abilities that cause high-threat, but you won't know it as a number, but rather something your tanks will need to feel out and become familiar with on their own.
  • Options
    Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited October 2020
    Nostra wrote: »
    Magic Man wrote: »
    Could you give us a little bit more detail on how the ‘’main story quests’’ work ? If they are the ''narrative'' bit of the quests, would they take us all around Verra or be specific to a node with each one having its own version of the story?

For your information, the Wiki provides much of this information:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Quests

It describes the different type of quest: Narrative Quests (which are broken down into Storyline Quests and Story Arcs), Events, Tasks, etc. and if they affect the world of Verra at the Global, Node, or Local levels.

Ye I did mention the ''narrative'' bit. Just want to know if they are specific to a node. Thanks for the answer tho :) I will try to make it clearer
    signature.png
  • Options
    Feelix wrote: »
    Will there be a threshold level of corruption before you could drop a finished item, or is there a percentage chance from the very first point of corruption gained?

There is a chance of dropping an item from the first corruption point gained. The higher your corruption, the higher the chance of you dropping item(s). Each item you have is able to drop when you die and have any corruption. It is possible for "all" of your items to drop with a single death.. although that is highly unlikely given that the random drop roll is performed independently for each item slot.
  • Options
    Good day Intrepid team!

Glad to be back in an official thread, talking it up.

Anyways! Here's my question.. So we've talked a lot about how castle and node sieges are going to work. I would like to safely assume that when combatants of the fight decease, they're going to drop a large majority of their gear, as it's a planned event, so why wouldn't they? If this were the case, does that mean it would allow for battlefield scavengers? People waiting on the horizon of the battlefield, prepped and ready to sprint in and scoop up some good loot. I think it's an awesome immersive concept and will also be a dangerous yet rewarding.

Only Corrupted players have a chance to drop "Loot" (in terms of gear/items) on death. During sanctioned PvP events as you describe (Caste and Node Sieges) there is no Corruption that can be gained accidentally as all participants (those that signed up or are in the area) are automatically flagged as Combatants. If you mean NPCs.. I don't know, but those are unlikely to be "in the field" but rather restricted to in-node defenses. Finally, Players that are carrying Gatherables/Raw materials would drop them on death but it would be stupid of them to carry said materials on person when anticipating entering sanctioned PvP events.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Will items offered in personal shops, player stalls, and auction houses besides raw and processed goods, such as gear and consumables, be at risk from node sieges?
  • Options
    DisobedientDisobedient Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    As we've heard, DPS meters won't be in the game. So does Intrepid have an alternative to this feature? For example: An in-game damage log that can be analyzed after killing, say 30 monsters.

Thank you!
  • Options
    As we've heard, DPS meters won't be in the game. So does Intrepid have an alternative to this feature? For example: An in-game damage log that can be analyzed after killing, say 30 monsters.

Thank you!

There are combat logs in Ashes. You can analyze them offline at your convenience. 3rd Party apps that auto-analyze logs and provide the benefits of "meters" are not allowed.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Combat#Combat_logs
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Two-part question about castle sieges here, though they might be dumb or already answered (only found AoC recently, so I'm still working through the old streams, and I'm kind of new to MMOs).

First, can one guild control multiple castles at once, or challenge multiple at once?

Second, what happens if a castle is defeated/captured by a player (or players) unaffiliated with any guild (if it's possible to participate in a siege without a guild)?

Please only ask 1 question. They disqualify any questions that have multiple questions in them per the rules of the Q&A.

Here is what we know about Castles:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Castle_sieges

Your first question we don't have an answer to and really is a question of "can one player by a monarch of two castles simultaneously?" There is nothing we were told that would not "allow" that to take place, but it is just highly unlikely.
  • Options
    AltodorAltodor Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2020
    What small and medium ship classes are there?
    F9bjSGM.png
  • Options
    How you guys doing?
  • Options
    Crafting is one of my favorite aspects of MMO type games and I already plan to really dig into that come alpha/beta depending on it's availability. One of the key factors I am looking at is the limitations of a freehold around being able to move it. For example, if I want to build a Tavern and work on upgrading it to increase the zone of the buff it can cover will you loose all progress/upgrades if you need to move your freehold? Either by your own choice or by destruction of a local node.
  • Options
    We know that Underrealm has nodes that can become metros, is Underrealm planned to be contiguous or pocketed and is there a Guild Castle there.
  • Options
    GirraGirra Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hello from Germany :)

I have a little question, the A2 will appear as it looks in 2021, will Siege Modus be released this year or next year?

Ty for your work!!
  • Options
    ItsFayneItsFayne Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can you go over the process of Name reservations? Information at large says name reservations will begin during the Alpha process. Will we have a full idea of servers lists by then for guild coordination? Do we just have to take a shot in the dark at which server we think we want to reserve our names?
    7l7hsjx.png
  • Options
    The number of people playing different races has widely varied in most MMOs, with Humans and Elves usually being the most popular. Are there any plans to try to balance the number of people playing each race?
  • Options
    LuminousLuminous Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will the team ever consider having a costume/mount/weapon design contest? I've always had a lot more fun seeing the community's ideas and design but into the game and was interested in the team's thoughts.
  • Options
    GarrenGarren Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will an involved Wine/Beer crafting system be involved in the cooking professional of Ashes?
  • Options
    DeehnDeehn Member
    edited October 2020
    BoncleEPC wrote: »
    If you're planning on increasing the level cap in future updates, how do you plan on avoiding the problem of leveling taking an ungodly amount of time to complete once you get to the higher levels?

@BoncleEPC Just to clarify from an earlier answer given to you, they Do intend to increase level cap with future expansions as you thought (Source; 1:26:58 26 June 2020 Livestream https://youtu.be/KesMtSOZl8k?t=5218
  • Options
    Altodor wrote: »
    How will the maintenance of legendary items work?

Will I have to obtain legendary resources once my legendary weapon has broken or will it be repaired with pleb resources?

We do know that part of the components necessary for Legendary Item Repair are made available by a Scientific Metropolis which grants the Academy Building.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Academy
    See first sub-bullet at top.

Whether additional resources outside of that are necessary we do not know as far as I'm aware.
  • Options
    A couple months ago you guys showed off a badass looking spider enemy. Are there any plans for spiders to make an appearance in the animal husbandry system for mounts or combat pets? TLDR: will there be spider mounts?
  • Options
    Can we have we have a DnD table in Taverns? Where we can throw different types of dices basically. It’d be cool to combine two great games in one!
  • Options
    SzoloSzolo Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can we expect Nodes: Part Three this year?
    You ride that fine line of like everyone is about to die and you shall keep on casting, keep going, it's awesome. That's the best part of healing.