Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, October 30, 2020 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• Options
    NixalNixal Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be a limit / softcap for stats or could you achieve something like 100% crit rate, 100% spell immunity, etc.?

As far as I know it should be possible to save and restore the layout of your house in case you lose a siege and have to move to another node. Could you make that layout shareable between players? I am pretty sure there are some great architects out there.
  • Options
    Will there be different grade for the same material? For instance, having iron of grade S will result in higher rate of success in crafting weapons as well as having the weapon gaining bonus stats as compared to crafting a weapon with iron of a lower grade.
  • Options
    ~Crafting~

I read that your inspiration for crafting comes from SWG. Could you elaborate a bit on this? In SWG it took real time and effort to get materials together. For example: you had to go around the planet finding the right area to place a harvester. Will it be similar in ashes?
  • Options
    AltodorAltodor Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Szolo wrote: »
    Can we expect Nodes: Part Three this year?

Its either when alpha 1 happens or alpha 2 happens. https://youtu.be/ZOV_puvaIvU?t=3154

Its in this interview with steven
    F9bjSGM.png
  • Options
    Will there be transmogrification in-game with outfits/gear? Or will everybody look the same if they're all wearing the same gear.

Thank you
  • Options
    How are orcs coming along in development and when will we see them??
  • Options
    Since dungeons and its bosses are adaptive to the strength of the group, does it adapt based on the group with the highest aggro or does it adapt according to all the players in the area? If the latter is the case, what stops people from gathering a lot of people, killing the bosses fast and leaving the strengthened mobs in the dungeon? Do the strengthened mobs despawn after a certain amount of time or remain until killed?
  • Options
    Will there be Resurrection Skills available if you take cleric as secondary archetype. Say, for example, you are Mage + Cleric, how would you integrate something like Resurrection to Mage's skills?
  • Options
    The burning question i want to ask is one i'm sure many can relate too.

Will the leveling experience until max level feel dynamic?

I ask this because like many other MMO's and even some of the great ones, a lot of the games is jumping zone to zone grinding the level appropriate mob until you hit the next level, add in a few quests in the path and you end up seeing a pattern that's predictable and linear.

Many of us simply don't have it in us to do long hours of grinding solely to reach a stage where we can say "well, now i can finally play the game"

One of biggest things i've noticed in all the MMO's i've played is that for many people the game only becomes "the game" once people hit the max level and start getting end game gear while the leveling gear (pre max level) is just the random stuff we find on the way or things we got from leveling our professions as "filler" gear.

This may seem rather vague and just outright bizzare but for me a system i'd like to see is one that rewards those who choose to complete the most the game has to offer while allowing others to bypass content but get a faster ride to the end (completionist vs casual end game)

Completionists may have access to some zones where a specific quest line out of the way in a far off land needed to be completed to have access through a border or entrance (example), perhaps different zones can be locked off by quests as nodes change requiring you to have done a different quest that you would have found while leveling and exploring.

The idea i'm having in mind is essentially that the more quests and the more you explore, the more ease of access you gain in the later stages of the game due to you going out of your way to complete missions/quests that would have slowed down your max level progression but doing so rewards you with a better end game setup in a sense (prepared for dynamic changes like nodes being changed)
  • Options
    SteamEggSteamEgg Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We know that dungeons and raids will unlock depend on node development. But how many dungeons and raids will there be at launch?
  • Options
    Is there a way to reset my friends' aggro? They're annoyed because I hype AoC a LOT. I tried exiting and entering the house again but it doesn't work.
  • Options
    ArthinArthin Member, Alpha One
    edited October 2020
    Are the mob densities going to be higher than what we have seen in the pre alpha footage?
    MMO History

Lineage 2 Franz/Naia Servers Non Stop From 2007-2012

Wow on and off
    Rift for beta and a few months out
    Tera for beta and a year or so
  • Options
    Will there be a competetiv PvP Arena? Something like Arena in Wow? And if yes, do you plan to bring in a 1v1 Mode as well=? One of the most annoying things for me was or is that there was never an 1v1 mode. I know its and Multiplayer game, but a Mode where you dont need to rely on someone else would be a nice thing too...... To climb a rankysytem with you OWN SKILL where you dont need to wait for someone and so one.
    Would be really Awesome if you would integrate that too.
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When will Orc's be implemented into the game ?

Just to second this.

Will orc's Ren'Kai and Vek be a playable races in alpha 1?
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Since you plan on increasing the level cap with expansions, can you please go a little bit more into the details of how you plan on keeping previous content from becoming obsolete?

A big issue in many MMORPGs is that expansions effectively remove content by only making the most recent content additions be relevant.
  • Options
    AS a PvP focused player, what Will be Your stance be when some players inevetably Calle some of the PvP systems like Caravans grefing ?

planer stated what Will Your stance be on changing core systems after release.?
  • Options
    Prior to the full release of the game, are there any plans to have any physical collectors editions with special goodies? (Artbook, Soundtrack, special vouchers, etc)
  • Options
    BardticBardtic Member, Alpha One
    edited October 2020
    Will you add in any kind of endlessly scaling PvE content in AoC? I absolutely loved the Mythic+ Dungeon system in WoW and the Greater Rifts in Diablo 3. Competing against yourself and others to try to keep beating harder and harder content is such a fun challenge.
    XWeKqaZ.png
  • Options
    trajdltrajdl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Some people following the game are cautiously optimistic whether you can deliver on entire scope of the game and whether we will see scope creep.

Having said that the upcoming alpha is a true development alpha, can you confirm that that version will indeed already be feature-complete (as per meaning of the word "alpha")?
  • Options
    Is ammunition a feature that will be implemented for ranged weapons to be usable or possibly used to alter the weapons abilities? Example: No ammunition, but you can equip a stack of "Flame arrows" to augment your attacks for a set number of attacks.
  • Options
    LeafzerLeafzer Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    in terms of inventory management, will players have enough ways of sorting / auto sorting / auto selling options to make inventory management not a huge chore during the leveling phase?
  • Options
    What sort of participant rating tool will the Mayor have for sieges to help them pick the strongest players (Level/Armor Rating/Achievements) to help them avoid picking a dozen 1 day old griefer alts?
  • Options
    NostraNostra Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Heraklesn wrote: »
    Will there be a competetiv PvP Arena? Something like Arena in Wow? And if yes, do you plan to bring in a 1v1 Mode as well=? One of the most annoying things for me was or is that there was never an 1v1 mode. I know its and Multiplayer game, but a Mode where you dont need to rely on someone else would be a nice thing too...... To climb a rankysytem with you OWN SKILL where you dont need to wait for someone and so one.
    Would be really Awesome if you would integrate that too.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Arenas
    This answers all the questions you asked.
  • Options
    loghan wrote: »
    What sort of participant rating tool will the Mayor have for sieges to help them pick the strongest players (Level/Armor Rating/Achievements) to help them avoid picking a dozen 1 day old griefer alts?

Node Sieges don't have a cap on number of participants (Castle Sieges do). There is no need for a Mayor to pick "players" for anything. Mayor's involvement should be focused on generating citizen quests to boost defenses, allocating node's finances from taxes gathered to reinforcement and siege defenses.
  • Options
    rogonja wrote: »
    Will we have AOE targeting cap ? many people just wanna aoe farm the whole spot hopefully crowded with ALOT of mobs

@rogonja they replied to this question in a previous Q&A (1 or 2 months back) and stated that they do NOT plan to have an AoE targeting cap if their system can handle that. If it can't they will try to make it as big as possible.
  • Options
    SoloveyFR wrote: »
    With this many systems and 250 vs 250, how will you ensure to have servers as stable as possible?
    (sorry if this has already been asked)

Testing... Alphas, and honestly more so Betas. They also do simulated bot-account testing just to see how many individual characters can be spawned and cranked through the game system loop with appropriate latency.
  • Options
    StickyRubb wrote: »
    Is there a way to reset my friends' aggro? They're annoyed because I hype AoC a LOT. I tried exiting and entering the house again but it doesn't work.
    The best method is to gift them with sufficient money so they can purchase their own supporter packs granting them Alpha-2 access. This has proven to be an effective de-aggro mechanic in many a friendly group or household.
  • Options
    vmangman wrote: »
    Since you plan on increasing the level cap with expansions, can you please go a little bit more into the details of how you plan on keeping previous content from becoming obsolete?

A big issue in many MMORPGs is that expansions effectively remove content by only making the most recent content additions be relevant.

The answer to this question is the same as the answer to the question "how do you plan to keep early level areas relevant to higher-level players?". They have answered this question 2-3 times in previous Q&A and I encourage you to chase it down as Steven goes into quite some depth in his response.
  • Options
    Blip wrote: »
    AS a PvP focused player, what Will be Your stance be when some players inevetably Calle some of the PvP systems like Caravans grefing ?

planer stated what Will Your stance be on changing core systems after release.?

PvP systems have PvP solutions to them. Caravan PvP griefing is not "griefing" at all. Developers themselves stated that they fully expect the emergence of mercenary guilds focused on providing Caravan protection services (or if you chose not to pay for it... perhaps attack of your Caravan to incentivize you in the future to pay the toll).
  • Options
    trajdl wrote: »
    Some people following the game are cautiously optimistic whether you can deliver on entire scope of the game and whether we will see scope creep.

Having said that the upcoming alpha is a true development alpha, can you confirm that that version will indeed already be feature-complete (as per meaning of the word "alpha")?

It is NOT possible for it to be feature complete as Alpha-1 will only feature 5 out of the 8 Archetypes as just one example. I assume you meant Alpha1 per the "upcoming alpha" statement.