Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

List the reasons why you would PK somebody that doesn't wanna fight back

Comments

• Options
    Nagash wrote: »
    I wonder if gathering body parts counts as griefing?

I hope not, that was an enjoyable action back in Ultima Online. Chopping up bodies and keeping the parts. A mantle full of heads being the obvious classic. But also fun was to take their leg and leave it by the bank in town for all to see the shame of their loss in battle!
  • Options

Nope, it counts as harvesting.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2020
    Griefing the griefer would be a good call!
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Nope, it counts as harvesting.

Perfect *dave! get the saw and the bone jell, we have work to do*
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Sum12hateSum12hate Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

If they are too close to my freehold for my liking (get of my lawn!)

If I'm trying to tame beasties to build up breeding stock for my stable and they start trying to wipe the herd for a "grind point"

If they are a cleric wandering all alone

If I think they are streaming..

Hmm.. when I started this I thought I would bring valid points but now I'm starting to think I may be a prick
  • Options
    They're being way too obnoxious with gathering a resource.
  • Options
    PlagueMonkPlagueMonk Member
    edited December 2020
    Heya folks! Let's bring this on back around to the original question/topic at hand, "List the reasons why you would PK somebody that doesn't wanna fight back", rather than going back and forth on semantics here ;)

Here's my list...

I would PK:
    1. Someone who burnt my toast
    2. Someone who stole all my butter
    3. Someone who thinks that rye is better than sourdough

I think the bigger question here is, why this obsession with bakery products/ accoutrements and the desire to kill others over them. This concerns me greatly. :*
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    ILLPeonUILLPeonU Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Somebody that has something I desire!

Someone who has stolen from me in the past!

A streamer (just because)

TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn
  • Options
    Pannath wrote: »
    -It was monday

Big mood.
  • Options
    MichaelMichael Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Competition is the primary reason for most of my PvP interactions. Competition and monetary reward.
  • Options
    I would murder someone if I feel like it might benefit me in some way (to take their stuff) or if I don't like that player because they've annoyed me in the past, or if I think they might be a spy, or if someone pays me to, or if I just feel like it.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    if I think they might be a spy
    This seems like a fairly bad reason to kill someone in a game like Ashes.

If I suspect someone is a spy, I am going to start slowly feeding them bad intel, when the guild this player is spying for start to see that the info from their spy is often bad, and I am going to use my counter spy in that guild to suggest that the player in question actually did have the correct info. This will lead to the spys guild assuming they have turned, which will likely lead to them being either removed from the guild completely, or highly distrusted from that point on.

Killing their character just seems so... pointless.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Noaani wrote: »

If I suspect someone is a spy, I am going to start slowly feeding them bad intel, when the guild this player is spying for start to see that the info from their spy is often bad, and I am going to use my counter spy in that guild to suggest that the player in question actually did have the correct info. This will lead to the spys guild assuming they have turned, which will likely lead to them being either removed from the guild completely, or highly distrusted from that point on.

It depends on how they are spying.

If they are hanging around, trying to get into everyone's good graces, then yes trying to set them up with false info is a good idea.

If they are scouting though, poking around and trying to look at defenses and getting other visual info, you want to kill them ASAP before they can learn anymore.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    BC it's a pvp game
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Atama wrote: »

It depends on how they are spying.

If they are hanging around, trying to get into everyone's good graces, then yes trying to set them up with false info is a good idea.

If they are scouting though, poking around and trying to look at defenses and getting other visual info, you want to kill them ASAP before they can learn anymore.

A scout I would kill, for sure.
  • Options

A scout I would kill, for sure.

Not if they're in your guild or alliance at least before they can be removed... dundundun...
    Tyrantor
    Master Assassin
    (Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
    Book suggestions:
    Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts
  • Options
    IzilIzil Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2020
    1. Seeing player(s) grinding mats that tries to avoid confrontation (when confronted) is just sad and should be killed (freekill imo)
    2. If player is not in some sort of NAP or alliance with my guild AND refuse to give me money when i ask for it then its reason enough to attack imo
    Izil.png
  • Options
    RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited December 2020
    Heya folks! Let's bring this on back around to the original question/topic at hand, "List the reasons why you would PK somebody that doesn't wanna fight back", rather than going back and forth on semantics here ;)

Here's my list...

I would PK:

What if a group of people said Frosted Flakes is a better breakfast than toast, would you become...a cereal killer?
  • Options
    Ravudha wrote: »

Here's my list...

I would PK:

What if a group of people said Frosted Flakes is a better breakfast than toast, would you become...a cereal killer?

*clap* *clap*
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options

Here's my list...

I would PK:

Follow your nose
    It always knows
    The flavor of death
    Where ever it goes

Hhak63P.png
  • Options

Here's my list...

I would PK:

Follow your nose
    It always knows
    The flavor of death
    Where ever it goes

what if your noses is no longer a thing?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

Here's my list...

I would PK:

Follow your nose
    It always knows
    The flavor of death
    Where ever it goes

You have no business dealing in the world of cereal.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options

Here's my list...

I would PK:

Follow your nose
    It always knows
    The flavor of death
    Where ever it goes

But it has milk :'(
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    It looks like you are cerealizing this conversation.
  • Options

Here's my list...

I would PK:

Follow your nose
    It always knows
    The flavor of death
    Where ever it goes

If you need to fortify yourself with calcium I recommend a milk bath then.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    If I go to tag a mob for a quest and some asshole is tagging all of them in the area. I'm killing him for being an asshole. xD It is against mmo etiquette to do so at the expense of other players you will most likely be playing a lot with. I will especially do it if tagging is completely unbalanced. So if you do that and you get stunned part way through and die to creeps that will probably be why from me.

Otherwise I'll probably never do it. PvP isn't really fun when either side is forced into it. It's most fun vs actual PvPers after all. Organized PvP will always be the best form of PvP and people will probably be doing a lot of that with caravans anyway.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options

Here's my list...

I would PK:

Follow your nose
    It always knows
    The flavor of death
    Where ever it goes

I admit, I took some damage reading this string of bad puns. :s
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    If I go to tag a mob for a quest and some asshole is tagging all of them in the area. I'm killing him for being an asshole. xD It is against mmo etiquette to do so at the expense of other players you will most likely be playing a lot with. I will especially do it if tagging is completely unbalanced. So if you do that and you get stunned part way through and die to creeps that will probably be why from me.

Otherwise I'll probably never do it. PvP isn't really fun when either side is forced into it. It's most fun vs actual PvPers after all. Organized PvP will always be the best form of PvP and people will probably be doing a lot of that with caravans anyway.

https://youtu.be/UyrFgEM98PM
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Question for the next Q&A... Will Ashes have a "wet willy" emote?

Hhak63P.png
  • Options

Here's my list...

I would PK:

Follow your nose
    It always knows
    The flavor of death
    Where ever it goes

I do that anyway
    nJ0vUSm.gif