Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Healer Targeting System

13»

Comments

• Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    Yeah, all's well and all's good. I appreciate the chance to discuss the situation and the potentials. The Dev team are experienced and I will obviously play the game either way lol.

Yeah, same.
    I am "used" to wasd for movement and never use mouse click, (or even mouse buttons?) for movement.
    I need complete control over my movement, as much as possible, and click skills, are often relegated to the ones I can make time for.
    Kinda like playing classical guitar!

I think, that the ACTUAL gameplay and the Cadence of battle will have a huge impact on what is best.
    There are so many factors involved, players movement speed, relative range of skills, cooldowns - both player and enemy, animations and anchored skills, etc.

Im hoping there will be options we can live with.
    Then again, the Dev team may have something in mind that will be perfect!

I use to play fps's with asdfg and reverse mouse!
    Then went to mmos and wasd with default mouse and never went back to my old config.

I am looking forward to what the outcome will be.
    I was slightly hoping the Devs would chime in at some point here but i suppose they are quite busy!

• Options
    LycancoffeeLycancoffee Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    64 classes with over 30 abilities equipped simultaneously over multiple types of “risk v reward” pve and pvp is an unrealistic gameplay balancing disaster.

The game would be an endless cat and mouse of trying to chase down game breaking combinations, with each change causing new problems.

No MMO is ever really “balanced” but the best games make every class at least feel competitively viable in both PvP and PvE.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The main reason for my initial request is because I often strafe and circle targets by utilising left mouse button hold, strafe on A and D and then forward motion on W and backward motion on S.

It is claimed people don't target the boss with the mouse. I never do that either. The issue in Ashes will be that part of the skills will indeed be mouse targeted. With my proposed request it means you can cycle between active skills nuking the boss and activating the single-target heals via key binds, much like switching targets would be done with key binds.

My request makes even more sense now because I recently learnt you can cast tab targeted abilities at the same time as having the active retinue active. The Devs do read these forums and reports are compiled by Toast. I do not expect a full summary of my request, I'm not sure how in-depth the summaries are.

I haven't gone beyond the parameters of the thread theme. In my mind, the proposed system has been done before and could be done in Ashes. It is a tad overkill for one lone ability, but, I do not know if further single-target abilities will be added after level 10 for Cleric.

If I did not make my request in recent times then the closer we get to launch the less likely it could be actioned. Again, I do not mind switching from Cleric to Bard. It's not a massive deal breaker, I will still play the game. It would just be nice to play with key binds like I have done in other games. It is important for me to make suggestions which have made substantial differences in other MMOs and would be a boon for Ashes of Creation.

The Hybrid Combat system can withstand the requests. I'm still waiting for the combat update in march though. I'm not the sort of player or person to tag people if I can help it. I do not wish to tag intrepid staff because they are busy.

I will just trust that if it is meant to be, the Devs will see or hear about my request and then decide if they are willing to make the small adjustments required.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    64 classes with over 30 abilities equipped simultaneously over multiple types of “risk v reward” pve and pvp is an unrealistic gameplay balancing disaster.

The game would be an endless cat and mouse of trying to chase down game breaking combinations, with each change causing new problems.

No MMO is ever really “balanced” but the best games make every class at least feel competitively viable in both PvP and PvE.

You can have 30 Tier 1 Skills or 10 Tier 3 skills to my knowledge. I personally see 10 as the magic number but I might be forced to take more than 10 skills if certain skills are required in PvE or PvP. I don't know much about the game yet to determine if anything will be a disaster. On paper, the game seems solid. In practice the game will be tested.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    The main reason for my initial request is because I often strafe and circle targets by utilising left mouse button hold, strafe on A and D and then forward motion on W and backward motion on S.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but trying to understand your system - why don't you just use right click + A or right click + D to strafe/circle targets instead of LMB?

• Options
    I do use right click mate. I stated the wrong button earlier lol.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif