Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Pay-wall on the CC in advance

1235»

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited March 2021
    Nagash wrote: »
    Liniker wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    They were just as wrong as you are.

Alright, @Noaani you made me do it, I didn't want to bother but I've found out how to search for Steven's old messages on discord;

And now ill make you feel stupid by proving you wrong, you deserve it, take your time to humble yourself, research more about the game, stop talking shit, and then you come back and say sorry.

Enjoy;

1.png

the end

That brings back memories

Hey, you did it!

It's still not the promise you claimed it was though, it was a target.
  • Options
    Hiya friends - just dropping in with a quick reminder that we're all here to discuss each other's ideas, and not each other as people <3 I know you all are more than capable of sharing what you like and dislike about someone's ideas without calling them stupid or other names ;)

I'll be leaving this thread open for now, but only for as long as you folks keep it civil :smiley:
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    AlsopAlsop Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2021

Bro, I like you, I have nothing against you, but I will literally ignore everything you said and ask you this:

In how many MMORPGs have you at least tried to be the Best player on your server or be Part of the Best guild on your server?

I think we both know the answer.... It's cool to talk about things when the game is offline, but lets have this conversation in 2 or 3 years :)

For now all we can do is give our feedback and wish for a good game, I'm doing my part, that's all.

[/quote]

Typical egocentric people, ignore any word you don't want to hear, you are a small fish in a huge sea. I don't need to be part of the best guild on my server, I have already been an officer of the best guild on a GLOBAL server game for 3 years in a row, and guild master of a guild in the top 5 (but you will just asume that im just a theme park player cause you dontw ant to belive a random guy on a forum).

People like you who call others stupid, who tell them that you are going to ignore them just for having a different opinion, who belittle players you don't even know, and who say things like "humble yourself" or "say sorry". should not have access to discussion forums. you are not here to discuss, you are here to impose your vision of the game and deny any other. That is a really toxic attitude.

There are people on this forums that have a very high level on their respectives MMO. Belittling everyone you come across is not going to help you in any way.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hey, you did it!

It's still not the promise you claimed it was though, it was a target.

:D Oh come on Noaani...

I will just quote what you've said earlier;
    Not once. Not ever.

They have gone out of their way to say that they are not announcing even a targeted release date, and have always said the game will release when it is ready.

Yet here you are stating that they have.

I refuse to agree to disagree with people when they are objectively wrong. It's fine if it is subjective, but when people have actual facts wrong, I refuse outright.

You should have accepted my "let's agree with disagree" <3

img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Alsop wrote: »
    People like you who call others stupid, who tell them that you are going to ignore them just for having a different opinion, who belittle players you don't even know, and who say things like "humble yourself" or "say sorry". should not have access to discussion forums. you are not here to discuss, you are here to impose your vision of the game and deny any other. That is a really toxic attitude.

Did you actually read this thread? all I did was share my thoughts.

Literally the second reply to my post is someone asking me if I am on drugs LMAO

then someone else saying I'm doing a disservice - people saying I'm crying and so on.

All I did was reply back to Those people saying their Arguments are stupid. Never personally attacked anyone. Different then you that just called me egocentric.

I couldn't care less.
    White knights need to chill.

img]
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I still see you are alone in your stance though. Despite all of the he said/she said which has dragged on for pages, few people - if any, have agreed that early access to the character creation is a bad bean. Of course we've been distracted and of course we've digressed but at face value the 'argument' has been debunked.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Neurath wrote: »
    I still see you are alone in your stance though. Despite all of the he said/she said which has dragged on for pages, few people - if any, have agreed that early access to the character creation is a bad bean. Of course we've been distracted and of course we've digressed but at face value the 'argument' has been debunked.

I'm ok with that, I'm not here preaching or trying to make people think like me :)

I have my point of view, so far I wasn't convinced by any of the arguments presented, I still think locking the character creator behind a 75$ paywall is a bad move, will backlash and make intrepid look bad. Hopefully, I am wrong, as I said, all I want is a good game, that keeps on track of what was promised.
    img]
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yeah I understand a pay wall would create a bad representation and my perspective is someone who has already paid several times that or more.

Hopefully, one can access the character creation while the game patches so all with a subscription can access the character creation without losing game time.

I believe IS will choose the right approach when they have decided on the approach. I have few issues with IS since my.com was dropped. I want xsolla gone too but I digress.

I still believe the log in queues will be mammoth on launch day so access to the character creation during patches or log in queues would be much appreciated. Not sure why I dont get updates from this thread. I have to memorize the post counts to detect additions.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    ThoroughmasThoroughmas Member
    edited March 2021
    I don't see a 20 minute headstart over someone who only bought their first month of subscription time and hasn't yet created a character as anything substantial. That could be the length of the login queue.

I think believing there's much importance in the first hours of an MMO going live is also fairly illusionary. Before long, all players have to go to sleep or work, and how much you got to play on Day 1 becomes irrelevant.

That said, sure, I'd support opening the early character creator to anyone who's bought any subscription time. It's a non-problem either way.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

I don't play for fun. That's your vision that's your gameplay. And that's ok I'm not saying I hate on casuals, I still like you I'm still your friend, we just have fun in different ways. Ashes will have ranked arenas and seasons, competitive PvP battles, castle and node sieges and mechanics attracting hardcore players as well, I'm only happy if I and my guild is playing 16 hours a day to be in the Top. That's the fun for me. Getting my all my guild 1 hour earlier on launch day will make ALL the difference trust me, especially on a game that has node leveling mechanics based on XP, with limited housing, resources and a LONG way from point's of interest - and this is something only competitive players understand.

[/quote]

Very interesting.
    I don't think a few minutes in the CC will matter much at all due to several reasons.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Leveling

The level cap at launch is expected to be around level 50.[6]

The developers anticipate max level should be attainable in approximately 45 days if you play roughly 4-6 hours per day.[7][8]

Drinking a few caffeinated sugar drinks isn't going to push you through the time needed to level.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Node_advancement

With node advancement taking several weeks and content being locked behind the node advancement this will further hinder any kind of game just launched blitz to the end play style you would get from a theme park MMO. If people spread out vs staying in a clump working specific nodes this could potentially be even longer.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_death

XP debt applies to PVP and PVE so dying to PVP while leveling could push it further back more.

Trying to get housing and such doesn't happen till node level 3 which won't be for a few days maybe weeks depending on player spacing on the map.
    The pacing of this game will be a lot slower then some people think. It isn't like WOW. Login Friday night and be max level on Monday. Especially at launch where we need to build the world and content is behind player agency in building the world.

Where did the $75 paywall come from for the CC anyway? Thought monthly sub was $15?

This is page 5 regarding a problem that don't exist.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    RamirezRamirez Member
    edited March 2021
    So Intrepid is considering releasing the character creator in advance only for people that pre-order the game... This gives a couple of hours headstart for people not having to worry about creating their characters at launch. I have a pre-order pack, this doesn't affect me, still I think this is messed up. Big step in the wrong direction. What happened to the "We don't need your money" ?

I don't mind if when you create fist caracter they offer to everyone an free item or way, that let you rebuild your caracter later in the game, like for example rdr2 online...

Anyway people from alphas will start already with advantage, like optimal builds and favorite class combo, meanwhile you still need to find the classe that you like and fit better for you... How many times i do an caracter to max lvl then i hate and need to make a new or spend alot of money to change classe... For that way of thinking alpha players are p2w to
  • Options
    RamirezRamirez Member
    edited March 2021
    Dam
  • Options
    'Someone will be level 3 before i create my character' - seriously? lol
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Oh come on Noaani...
    Oh, I'm happy to agree that I was wrong there, Steven did mention that he had 2020 as a target for release.

However, the conversation was in relation to targets, not an announced release date as you said it was (actually, you said they PROMISED to release it by then).

Funny thing is, I fully remember that discussion, I just had to make sure you were able to prove me wrong in some aspect so that you would go get the quote. In getting that quote and posting it here, it proves your point about 2020 being a promised release date to be completely incorrect - it was an initial, pre-development target release date, not a promised release date.
  • Options
    people expect way to much from this game lol