Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Freehold Building, Cleanse Corruption?

Comments

• Options
    Asgerr wrote: »
    Already stealing from each other...boy they are doomed XD
    tenor.gif?itemid=12788383
  • Options
    MikasaMikasa Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PokeRaptor wrote: »
    I like that idea are you recruiting?
    I've taken your coin as a pledge of my loyalty.
    Yes we are and please do you can have the coin as your profile pic
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    Thats the way of the game :wink:
    If he doesn't want to die, you could always Turn him into a Lich.
  • Options
    Kivek RhuKhanKivek RhuKhan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    Dygz wrote: »
    Thats the way of the game :wink:
    If he doesn't want to die, you could always Turn him into a Lich.
    I'm just gonna tp out like this back to the luminescent pools for their natural magic cleansing benefits and turn the waters red, while I count my tree stumps.
    tumblr_mir80iU8AL1s1popdo1_500.gifv
  • Options
    Kiv3k wrote: »
    My stash of tree stumps disagrees with you corruption is a good thing. This is a thread about cleansing corruption

If it's a good thing, why are you wanting to cleanse it?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Mikasa wrote: »

Correct, currently it is not but that's why I'm proposing this idea to Intrepid Studios to make it become a method of cleansing corruption. There is a middle ground to be had here that is fair and not OP. I don't see any reason or argument on why this should not be a thing.

Already watched that video a long time ago, I'm aware.

So, you want this cosmetic only skin to be a pay to win staple of the game?
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    [his is a thread about cleansing corruption in the luminescent fountains and utilizing their rejuvenating properties in a manner that shall be equal for all players to make use of.

Cash chop Items are equal for all players to make use of...

That kind of thinking is the sort of corruption that no bath can cleanse.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    So now I can run a tavern AND a magical spring at my freehold and charge ppl for using it?

GREAT! An Onsen-Ryokan! (Japanese hotspring-inn)
  • Options
    I would consider that as a p2w mecanics
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    insomnia wrote: »
    I would consider that as a p2w mecanics

Very much so
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited May 2021
    monthly_cosmetics_1920---Building.png

Freehold Building Cosmetic Skin *

Into this luminescent pool, a sliver of the land's natural magic flows. Indeed, there is as much power coursing through the channel as there is water. This rejuvenating basin is the perfect place for an adventurer to alleviate the rigors and struggles of the world.

Would be mighty nice if Guild Freeholds or personal freeholds could have this building that helps cleanse corruption.

I am not exactly sure what type of building this cosmetic skin applies to (possibly a shrine?) as we don't have much information on what cosmetic freehold skins are paired with which building. I know the devs are working on that.
    This rejuvenating basin is the perfect place for an adventurer to alleviate the rigors and struggles of the world.
    But this building seems to cleanse and cure players with status debuffs, regenerate health, fatigue, perhaps give a buff, why not corruption? Its like a healing fountain.

Edit:
    I don't mean a instant cleanse or a cleanse in 20 minutes, that would be OP for sure. But a slow cleanse over a long period of time is reasonable. Steven doesn't want people to go on endless killing sprees which is why the corruption system exists and is effective. A cleansing pool such as this does not take away from the effectiveness of the corruption system, as it still takes a long time to reduce the corruption debuffs.

Military Nodes are also another form of this as it reduces corruption times.

Without reading the rest of the conversation I will simply say this. If a freehold has this then it should be open to being raided and pillaged via other players While said owner is corrupted.

Obviously I dont expect this to be added at all, but that is what would have to happen to keep in line with how corruption is supposed to work.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    daveywavey wrote: »
    My stash of tree stumps disagrees with you corruption is a good thing. This is a thread about cleansing corruption

If it's a good thing, why are you wanting to cleanse it?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    mememe_e8cbce73c9ef4739fe0bb3522e71dc30-1.jpg

FXi0.gif

giphy.gif

• Options
    Is this just a gif thread now?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

ooooh.
    I'm so tempted.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »
    Without reading the rest of the conversation I will simply say this. If a freehold has this then it should be open to being raided and pillaged via other players While said owner is corrupted.

Obviously I dont expect this to be added at all, but that is what would have to happen to keep in line with how corruption is supposed to work.

A red player can be attacked anywhere so this isn't an issue. As per attacking the freehold, it should continue to follow normal freehold sieging.

I dont think a red player should be able to go to a private freehold to cleanse off corruption though.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »

Correct, currently it is not but that's why I'm proposing this idea to Intrepid Studios to make it become a method of cleansing corruption. There is a middle ground to be had here that is fair and not OP. I don't see any reason or argument on why this should not be a thing.

Already watched that video a long time ago, I'm aware.

So, you want this cosmetic only skin to be a pay to win staple of the game?

No no I don't mean that at all, sorry I should clarify. The cosmetic skin for the building is simply a cosmetic that can be skinned to a particular building to only change its appearance. It would certainly be P2W if this particular cosmetic had that capability, but that's not what I'm suggesting, I will edit the OP.

I am referring to the actual building itself that anyone can make and create on their freehold (given they have the schematic blueprint). I really don't know what type of building this particular skin will be applied to, the description of this skin (can be found in OP) leads me to believe its some sort of healing fountain building, others say its a fishing pool. I'm not sure.

But if the building is some sort of healing fountain with rejuvenating and cleansing abilities, it would be nice if it could also cleanse corruption.
  • Options
    IYIIYI Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Remember if you get attacked to always attack back :smile:
    "Imagine dying to a broken sword."
    fzzNnU7.png

• Options

A red player can be attacked anywhere so this isn't an issue. As per attacking the freehold, it should continue to follow normal freehold sieging.

I dont think a red player should be able to go to a private freehold to cleanse off corruption though.

Yes but you are suggesting that free holds suddenly give a benefit for corrupt players when being corrupt is a punishment. The only reason military nodes give something similar is because they want to promote more fighting in that node than normal.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
  • Options
    edited May 2021

nGEpqdzDTWBBzMQA87yXmqdKJ33hgzTZzWvonhy983c.gif?fm=mp4&mp4-fragmented=false&s=dc6ca9275ad2730521065101e40ddaec

tenor.gif
    asgerr was right its just flavor text, flavor text is a fancy word for something with no flavor.

flavor text is like sprinkles on the floor. You know they are there and you have to clean them up cause they don't do anything.

I don't like flavor text I vote we use gifs to describe the arts.

Like this for the pool that cleanses corruption:

237f2ab8765663c721325366406197b7.gif

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They have addressed the "afk away my corruption" in the past. It isn't going to happen.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Ok look stop killing my dreams and I missed the other thread about the boat being pay to win before they closed it so I wanted to share this gif with everyone regarding flavor text.
    200.gif

Hot tub time machine!!!
  • Options
    They have addressed the "afk away my corruption" in the past. It isn't going to happen.

If that is the case then there could be a 10-15% buff applied after going to the healing fountain/pool that reduces corruption in some sort of way.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I nominate this as the May winner of the 'Pointless Thread' competition.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    tautau wrote: »

its okay man, I know all carebears will say this exact same thing and shoot down the suggestion because it doesn't benefit them.

But there is more to the community than just goodie greenies in the game, among the red/corrupted player community that I have shared this suggestion with they all liked it very much.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Haha! Of course, the Corrupted community is going to want more ways to reduce their Corruption.
    It's not going to come from cosmetics. It's not going to come from resting in buildings.
    That has nothing to do with carebears and everything to do with the dev design for how Corruption is removed. That design will never include something as simple as resting in a pool somewhere.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    Haha! Of course, the Corrupted community is going to want more ways to reduce their Corruption.
    It's not going to come from cosmetics. It's not going to come from resting in buildings.
    That has nothing to do with carebears and everything to do with the dev design for how Corruption is removed. That design will never include something as simple as resting in a pool somewhere.

If you read my OP and some responses recently in this thread you would see I've already addressed those points you just made.
  • Options

its okay man, I know all carebears will say this exact same thing and shoot down the suggestion because it doesn't benefit them.

But there is more to the community than just goodie greenies in the game, among the red/corrupted player community that I have shared this suggestion with they all liked it very much.

It's silly that you believe that you will be able to just spend your days playing as a corrupted player without willingly finding loopholes to exploit. As things stand, the best way to go out "killing players" will be to elect 1 to 3 people in your group to be corrupt while the rest of your party stays as combatants and zerg down solo/small groups of greens. All you need to do is have those 3 players get the last hits to keep the corruption isolated. This will 100% be abused until addressed. For you who will use this for pvp to say "lul look at all the goodie greenies, me so cool me abuse system to steal stuff. Hurr durr me smert." I can only laugh at how sad that sounds.

You want to be hardcore? Go own a castle with your guild. Or lead a siege on a node and win. This running around while corrupted crap is just over-complicated murder hoboing and it's a silly joke to act like that makes you a good player.
  • Options

It's silly that you believe that you will be able to just spend your days playing as a corrupted player without willingly finding loopholes to exploit. As things stand, the best way to go out "killing players" will be to elect 1 to 3 people in your group to be corrupt while the rest of your party stays as combatants and zerg down solo/small groups of greens. All you need to do is have those 3 players get the last hits to keep the corruption isolated. This will 100% be abused until addressed. For you who will use this for pvp to say "lul look at all the goodie greenies, me so cool me abuse system to steal stuff. Hurr durr me smert." I can only laugh at how sad that sounds.

You want to be hardcore? Go own a castle with your guild. Or lead a siege on a node and win. This running around while corrupted crap is just over-complicated murder hoboing and it's a silly joke to act like that makes you a good player.

Lol just go check out our recruitment post and you'll see we are going to do those exacts things. I do like your impersonation of what you believe corrupted players are like though haha, too bad that's never the case.

You don't gotta worry about the strategies we will do to optimally kill people, we will surely find every method possible to efficiently kill others.

But back on the actual subject of this thread, the point is to offer a new suggestion to reduce corruption from a freehold building for a player that has corruption.
  • Options

But you are the ones who want an easy way to cleanse yourself? seems hypocritical
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

But you are the ones who want an easy way to cleanse yourself? seems hypocritical

The goal is to kill in any way that we want to kill, fighting with a corruption debuff is inconvenient. I absolutely want more ways to reduce corruption.