Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Freehold Building, Cleanse Corruption?

Comments

• Mikasa wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    Mikasa wrote: »
    tautau wrote: »
    I nominate this as the May winner of the 'Pointless Thread' competition.

its okay man, I know all carebears will say this exact same thing and shoot down the suggestion because it doesn't benefit them.
    I hate to be the one to say it, but "carebears" are the ones that will ask for reductions to penalties in game, not the ones that ask for no reduction to penalties.

Hey that's true, if a carebear does somehow end up becoming red, very unlikely, they would probably ask to reduce the penalties. However as a player that lives under this playstyle, I'm certainly going to ask for more ways to reduce the corruption debuff as its not efficient to fight this way. And I certainly DO NOT want to do quests to purge it off.

You seem to have an incorrect idea about what a carebear is in an MMO.

It is not a player that prefers PvE combat, as seems to be what you think. Rather, it is a player that wants the game made easier to suit them, or complains that the game isn't fair on them.

As such, anyone that intends on gaining corruption and then asks for a reduction to the penalty of corruption is - by definition - a carebear.

Sorry to be the one to have to break it to you.

Yeah I don't care how you want to define yourself, you are a carebear through and through.

It shows by the way you respond to anything regarding corruption as your main agenda is to go against anything that helps a player with corruption.

I have every expectation that I will gain corruption often.

I am just willing to work through it as we understand it now. You aren't, it seems.

So, we both intend to gain corruption, I am perfectly happy with things the way we currently understand them but you want to make things easier for yourself (and thus easier for me).

How this makes me a carebear is beyond me, but ok.

Props to you if thats true, but sorry I dont want to die to purge off corruption and #2 I dont want to do and endless number of quests to purge it off either.

So you want to be 'one of those' and just grief people and not have to deal with the penalty?
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    • I want to kill people who don't fight back, so that I become red
    • I then want to wash away the red and do it again
    giphy.gif
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    maouw wrote: »
    giphy.gif

and they call us carebears ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Kivek RhuKhanKivek RhuKhan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    Nagash wrote: »
    giphy.gif

and they call us carebears ^^

Flagging systems promote this behavior because ppl want you to go red instead of fighting, hopefully their system of not losing all your loot works to promote pvp, you can either go red or sit there waiting for ppl to flag.

In games like lineage2 people just have stepping matches waiting for people to go red so they can zerg one person instead of flagging purple and having a fight, in games without flagging systems ppl just fight there's no bullshit.

Regarding the hot tub time machine the military node already reduces corruption, so something placed in game like the pools or to give further reduction isn't that far fetched.

I'd rather just go red instead of dancing around for 15min waiting for people to flag purple in a situation where another group isn't going to fight right away.

In this you can loot resources in Lineage 2 it was pretty pointless.

I'm happy to go red and take all your tree stumps, and you are right I don't care if you fight back, if you do fight back I can farm more people.

tenor.gif
    There are loads of way to have PvP that doesn't end up with corruption
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace

ur right.

ur right.

Like running away after you flag.
    giphy.gif
    Yo, you don't turn red after killing a purple.

You're supposed to be purple and kill purples.

You understand that, right?
    edited May 2021

But what if they are are white and I'm purple and they want their treestumps, but I want their tree stumps, and they won't go purple but I really want their tree stumps?
    HealthyLazyCrow-size_restricted.gif

This is really about grinding tree stumps

But what if they are are white and I'm purple and they want their treestumps, but I want their tree stumps, and they won't go purple but I really want their tree stumps?
    HealthyLazyCrow-size_restricted.gif

This is really about grinding tree stumps

Then it's about:

Are they carrying enough tree stumps for it to be worth me working off my red?

And you do it like:
    "oi fight me I want your tree stumps"
    > case 1: "ok, fight me"
    >>> you are both purple and the winner takes the tree stumps

> case 2: "no, go away."
    >>> you kill them and work off your red

None of this "go to the fountain and wash off my red"
    wutface.
    edited May 2021
    Ur right I'm going to be a bounty hunter instead.

giphy.gif

• AntVictusAntVictus Member, Alpha One
    No. It's not even a good stance to be trying and coming up with ways to get out of the corruption system. You do the action you get the consequence, not some safe haven with it's own "bad be gone" spa.
  • Im all for you all and the rest of your Pirate friends to play the way you want. I think it is kind of cool, foolish, but cool.

The good thing here is that people will lose less loot and less XP if they flag back. The only way someone will go red on me, is if they one shot me do to level difference.. Other than that.. Im flagging back 100% of time, not for less penalties, I just like to fight.
    edited May 2021
    AntVictus wrote: »
    No. It's not even a good stance to be trying and coming up with ways to get out of the corruption system. You do the action you get the consequence, not some safe haven with it's own "bad be gone" spa.
    Military nodes enable Bounty hunters and reduced duration of corruption. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Military_nodes
    I struck it out cuz I think mayors should be able to disable bounty hunters.
    So now I can sit in my spa and have reduced duration of corruption in a military node with disabled bounty hunters.

200.gif
  • AntVictus wrote: »
    Military nodes enable Bounty hunters and reduced duration of corruption. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Military_nodes
    So now I can sit in my spa and have reduced duration of corruption in a military node with disabled bounty hunters.

200.gif

rofl what? bounty hunters are something a player unlocks as an extra feature for their character, that's not something a mayor should decide about.

Yes, you get reduced corruption in a military node. I already explained that this is purely to increase the amount of fights inside a military node. It's also a node-wide reduction, and not some special building you can put out in the middle of nowhere with your freehold to afk in and drain off corruption.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
    edited May 2021
    Sathrago wrote: »
    AntVictus wrote: »

200.gif

rofl what? bounty hunters are something a player unlocks as an extra feature for their character, that's not something a mayor should decide about.

Yes, you get reduced corruption in a military node. I already explained that this is purely to increase the amount of fights inside a military node. It's also a node-wide reduction, and not some special building you can put out in the middle of nowhere with your freehold to afk in and drain off corruption.

No it isn't fair now we need a corrupted military node, that let's you find bounty hunters, as well as a hot tub time machine, with guards that pk people who aren't red. ;)
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I hate to be the one to break it to you, but that is outdated information.

Intrepid realized that having corruption reduction tied to node was problematic, and so instead of military nodes offering quests to reduce corruption, you now have to grind mobs for experience.

No, I dont have a source for that information, but I also dont care if you dont believe me.
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Intrepid realized that having corruption reduction tied to node was problematic, and so instead of military nodes offering quests to reduce corruption, you now have to grind mobs for experience.

No, I dont have a source for that information, but I also dont care if you dont believe me.

Yes, they heard feedback from the bounty hunter concerns. Forcing a Node to choose between corrupted players or bounty hunters wasn't the smartest choice put forward. I'm all game for retaliation against Bounty Hunters but even bounty hunters need access to the node. Bounty Hunters can help defend the node but Corrupted Players would face reduced efficiency if they are allowed to defend the node at all.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • AsgerrAsgerr Member
    Imagine if in real life you were chased by cops and they suddenly stopped because you took a bath.

So yeah, no.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Asgerr wrote: »
    Imagine if in real life you were chased by cops and they suddenly stopped because you took a bath.

So yeah, no.

this reminds me of the skit from family guy where Osama bin laden goes to heaven because he accepts jesus as his lord and savior right before getting shot.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
    Asgerr wrote: »

So yeah, no.

Thats just GTA
    nJ0vUSm.gif

Ok2zzJK.gif

Ok2zzJK.gif

Maybe you will have fun, but you should think about the consequences of this.

It means that military nodes will be the home of bounty hunters, and offer no benefit to people gaining corruption.

This means that rather than basing yourself in a military node, you likely want to avoid them.
    edited May 2021

Ok2zzJK.gif

It means that military nodes will be the home of bounty hunters, and offer no benefit to people gaining corruption.

This means that rather than basing yourself in a military node, you likely want to avoid them.

That's good advice, however I prefer PvP, you got this all backwards, people won't want to flag bounty hunter cause then they have to fight you with stats and I think the toggle timer on bounty hunting should be increased to one hour not several minutes, and it should flag your group or raid as a bounty hunting party, so people can't abuse the system in regards to fighting reds with lowered stats after knowing their location.

Your input is appreciated as always.

Ok2zzJK.gif

That's good advice, however I prefer PvP, you got this all backwards.

That would depend on what kind of PvP you prefer.

If you are all about being chased by bounty hunters at all times, then you wouldn't have suggest mayors be able to remove that aspect of military nodes.

Clearly, making that suggestion means you want a node you can call home that doesn't have the risk of bounty hunters - I am just letting you know that a military node is probably not the best choice for this. The only advantage it has to you is the leaderhip contest - you are unlikely to be able to be mayor of any other node type.
  • maouw wrote: »

The one thing I've learned in these four (4) pages of nonsense is that I'm definitely not joining Black Sails guild.
    edited May 2021
    Bounty hunters won't be an issue with the current system, they'll die faster than non bounty hunter players, with the current system on paper you'd likely see ppl using pathfinding and then zerging with non flagged bh characters like i said before to fight with an advantage of the red being handicapped vs non bounty hunter players.

It's all gonna change during alpha and beta obviously just yanking your chains, the real magic will happen in the alpha forums thats when people get to report and suggest stuff that will actually be read.

tenor.gif

• AsgerrAsgerr Member
    Bounty hunters won't be an issue with the current system, they'll die faster than non bounty hunter players

What's your basis for this claim?
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Asgerr wrote: »
    Bounty hunters won't be an issue with the current system, they'll die faster than non bounty hunter players

I think it's that they're so l33t that no-onez can beet da black sales (unfortunate name for a guild... BLM! :p)!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
    edited May 2021
    Asgerr wrote: »

daveywavey wrote: »
    I think it's that they're so l33t that no-onez can beet da black sales (unfortunate name for a guild... BLM! :p)!

tenor.gif?itemid=10994785