Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Freehold Building, Cleanse Corruption?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    Bounty hunters won't be an issue with the current system, they'll die faster than non bounty hunter players
    Asgerr wrote: »
    Bounty hunters won't be an issue with the current system, they'll die faster than non bounty hunter players

What's your basis for this claim?

daveywavey wrote: »

I think it's that they're so l33t that no-onez can beet da black sales (unfortunate name for a guild... BLM! :p)!

tenor.gif?itemid=10994785

I don't see an answer there lol
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Kivek RhuKhanKivek RhuKhan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    tenor.gif?itemid=17711374
    its in bold and explained in the rest of the text you didn't quote. <3

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    " they'll die faster than non bounty hunter players"

is that with or without the debuffs?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Corrupted don't have debuffs against Bounty Hunters last time I heard. I thought the decision was a bad decision because why should people who don't want to fight create corrupted players who are an equal match to the corruption regulators.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    Corrupted don't have debuffs against Bounty Hunters last time I heard. I thought the decision was a bad decision because why should people who don't want to fight create corrupted players who are an equal match to the corruption regulators.

That is stupid. why would a player who is debuffed suddenly become stronger to fight a person meant to kill them it defeats the point
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    The point is again that people who want to hunt reds will do so as non bounty hunters to avoid having to fight the red without a handicap to their stats if you still need help.

Having handicapped stats is a bad decision all around, but its not my game and I don't like flagging systems but it makes people feel safe so I get why they do it.

"subscribers"

They'll find a middle ground I'm sure, we can all think of something.

will be interesting to see how it develops.

Risk vs Reward is always a controversial topic for people who aren't willing to risk their loot, no matter the game, and as a subscription based platform I'm interested to see how it pans out this time around.

Do we all understand how the bounty hunter system will be bypassed now?

It is good news for you guys, smile and cross ur fingers it isn't changed.

tenor.gif?itemid=18421798
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited May 2021
    The point is again that people who want to hunt reds will do so as non bounty hunters to avoid having to fight the red without a handicap to their stats if you still need help.

Having handicapped stats is a bad decision all around, but its not my game and I don't like flagging systems but it makes people feel safe so I get why they do it.

I would disagree in that there are further rewards that are only earned as a bounty hunter.

So while a green might evaluate the level difference (trying to account for the stat hampering), it may not be worth the fight, whereas a bounty hunter has further rewards inciting said hunt.

Also as a red: Corrupted players potentially gain rewards for killing bounty hunters

But you'll only get further penalties if you engage and defeat a green.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2021

I would disagree in that there are further rewards that are only earned as a bounty hunter.

So while a green might evaluate the level difference (trying to account for the stat hampering), it may not be worth the fight, whereas a bounty hunter has further rewards inciting said hunt.

Also as a red: Corrupted players potentially gain rewards for killing bounty hunters

Bounty hunters don't have tree stumps, and again if ur trying to kill reds for their gear it would be better do to so unflagged, with the current system as it is explained on paper.

Think of it from a different perspective you'll figure it out.

tenor.gif?itemid=3301757

• Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited May 2021

Bounty hunters don't have tree stumps, and again if ur trying to kill reds for their gear it would be better do to so unflagged, with the current system as it is explained on paper.

tenor.gif?itemid=3301757

I get what you mean, I just disagree on the idea that it will be the prevalent scenario.

As most green players don't want to participate in PvP, odds are if you kill some people who never fight back, other people in that same area, might also not be inclined in combating you.

As for the hope of you, a corrupted player, dropping completed items (gear), it's only a small probability at lower corruption levels.

So I'm still not sold that everyone who sees you will go out of their way and risk their own death penalties/losing materials, on the odd chance you might drop a piece of gear (and then again it wouldn't be your entire equipment).
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2021

tenor.gif?itemid=3301757

I get what you mean, I just disagree on the idea that it will be the prevalent scenario.

As most green players don't want to participate in PvP, odds are if you kill some people who never fight back, other people in that same area, might also not be inclined in combating you.

As for the hope of you, a corrupted player, dropping completed items (gear), it's only a small probability at lower corruption levels.

So I'm still not sold that everyone who sees you will go out of their way and risk their own death penalties/losing materials, on the odd chance you might drop a piece of gear (and then again it wouldn't be your entire equipment).

SpectacularRichAlaskankleekai-size_restricted.gif

There are death penalties???? You mean I gotta deal with 4x death penalties, nerfed stats and a zerg of non combatants lead by a bounty hunter? I'll never lose my corruption.

this calls for one solution:

200.gif
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member

tenor.gif?itemid=3301757

SpectacularRichAlaskankleekai-size_restricted.gif

There are death penalties????

A non-combatant (green player) who dies suffers normal penalties, which include:
    • Experience debt (negative experience).
    • Skill and stat dampening.
    • Lower health and mana.
    • Lower gear proficiency.
    • Reduction in drop rates from monsters.
    • Durability loss.

And:

A corrupt (red player) suffers penalties at four times the rate of a non-combatant, and has a chance to drop any carried/equipped items based on their current corruption score.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_death
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack

I would assume his claim is that corrupt players don't suffer their stat penalties against bounty hunters.
  • Options
    3a19dc20a7f9fb4089178c5442bec584.gif

• Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    Noaani wrote: »

I would assume his claim is that corrupt players don't suffer their stat penalties against bounty hunters.

True, but I think that entirely disregards the (probable) higher skill level of a bounty hunter, when compared to a random player farming in that area.

So whilst the stat dampening may hamper the killing of a green aggressor, there is also a chance that someone like @Kivek RhuKhan who has repeatedly declared his intent on being PvP focused, will still kill them fast enough.

A different question would be, who do we assume this hypothetical green player to be. Do we all imagine a (considerable) lower level player? Or a equal level player, who's likely geared equally to you if not better?
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    giphy.gif

asgerr im never ever ever going red. you have won sir. please carry lots of tree stumps.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    A different question would be, who do we assume this hypothetical green player to be. Do we all imagine a (considerable) lower level player? Or a equal level player, who's likely geared equally to you if not better?
    From what I have seen of this potential guild-to-be, they wouldn't dream of attacking an equal level, equally geared player.

They'd be too scared their their gif's arent stronk enough.
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    From what I have seen of this potential guild-to-be, they wouldn't dream of attacking an equal level, equally geared player.

I dare say that seems like a fair assessment
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited May 2021
    giphy.gif

asgerr im never ever ever going red. you have won sir. please carry lots of tree stumps.

Victory lap around the mushroom pool cosmetic for me

Edit: @Nagash tagging you for this "momentous" occasion" Even if just for the lolz of this silly rivalry we have with them
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2021

Wait there are levels in this game too?

If you know where the chinese farmers are farming tree stumps tell me, your loyalty will be rewarded with a groot.

tenor.gif<3

tenor.gif?itemid=16195015
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This thread is...

entertaining
    giphy.gif
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would like to take this opportunity to be thankful it is ".gifs" they are able to post and not ".webm".

TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    ^ pls explain.

What's the downside of webm's?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    maouw wrote: »
    ^ pls explain.

What's the downside of webm's?

Longer and with audio I suppose...
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »
    Neurath wrote: »

That is stupid. why would a player who is debuffed suddenly become stronger to fight a person meant to kill them it defeats the point

Well i don't think we can even get corruption to "make sense" tbh. The whole reason people choose to use corruption is to gain power. for it to weaken you makes no sense with the lore, but yeah that's something everyone is willing to look over so that the mechanics can work properly.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    This thread is just a meme at this point
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    edited May 2021
    200.gif

Nagash wrote: »
    This thread is just a meme at this point

• Options
    ZeshioZeshio Member
    The adventurers take a break at the nearest hot bath, leading to manga style hijinks and a grumpy guild owner kicking them out!

It would be pretty cool to see freeholds take on different purposes outside of regular homes.
  • Options
    Zeshio wrote: »
    It would be pretty cool to see freeholds take on different purposes outside of regular homes.

giphy.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/