Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Freehold Building, Cleanse Corruption?

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Mikasa wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    tautau wrote: »
    I nominate this as the May winner of the 'Pointless Thread' competition.

its okay man, I know all carebears will say this exact same thing and shoot down the suggestion because it doesn't benefit them.

But there is more to the community than just goodie greenies in the game, among the red/corrupted player community that I have shared this suggestion with they all liked it very much.

But you are the ones who want an easy way to cleanse yourself? seems hypocritical

The goal is to kill in any way that we want to kill, fighting with a corruption debuff is inconvenient. I absolutely want more ways to reduce corruption.

And yet there are only two

Death and divine node quests
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    MikasaMikasa Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

its okay man, I know all carebears will say this exact same thing and shoot down the suggestion because it doesn't benefit them.

But there is more to the community than just goodie greenies in the game, among the red/corrupted player community that I have shared this suggestion with they all liked it very much.

But you are the ones who want an easy way to cleanse yourself? seems hypocritical

The goal is to kill in any way that we want to kill, fighting with a corruption debuff is inconvenient. I absolutely want more ways to reduce corruption.

And military nodes reduce corruption, which is also why I made this suggestion stated in the OP. More ways to remove corruption.
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited May 2021
    You wanna live the PK life? Embrace the PK life, ya filthy landlubbers. That means no easy way out of corruption
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack

I hate to be the one to say it, but "carebears" are the ones that will ask for reductions to penalties in game, not the ones that ask for no reduction to penalties.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »

I hate to be the one to say it, but "carebears" are the ones that will ask for reductions to penalties in game, not the ones that ask for no reduction to penalties.

Hey that's true, if a carebear does somehow end up becoming red, very unlikely, they would probably ask to reduce the penalties. However as a player that lives under this playstyle, I'm certainly going to ask for more ways to reduce the corruption debuff as its not efficient to fight this way. And I certainly DO NOT want to do quests to purge it off.
  • Options

And military nodes reduce corruption, which is also why I made this suggestion stated in the OP. More ways to remove corruption.

military nodes reduced the duration of corruption but they also enable bounty hunters so have fun with that :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options

military nodes reduced the duration of corruption but they also enable bounty hunters so have fun with that :D

Won't be a problem at all, I feel bad for any bounty hunter that tries to exist at a Black Sails node that is completely consumed by us. Probably won't be the greatest experience for them, but hey depends on what they find enjoyable.
  • Options

Won't be a problem at all, I feel bad for any bounty hunter that tries to exist at a Black Sails node that is completely consumed by us. Probably won't be the greatest experience for them, but hey depends on what they find enjoyable.

you talk a good game but you have no past accomplishments to back these claims, and as we know your guild thread is a lie.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

you talk a good game but you have no past accomplishments to back these claims, and as we know your guild thread is a lie.

Its okay dude, you can doubt all you want, I don't need you to believe anything, but you would be a fool in the end to believe that.
  • Options
    Then back up your words or shut up :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    edited May 2021

Hey that's true, if a carebear does somehow end up becoming red, very unlikely, they would probably ask to reduce the penalties. However as a player that lives under this playstyle, I'm certainly going to ask for more ways to reduce the corruption debuff as its not efficient to fight this way. And I certainly DO NOT want to do quests to purge it off.

You seem to have an incorrect idea about what a carebear is in an MMO.

It is not a player that prefers PvE combat, as seems to be what you think. Rather, it is a player that wants the game made easier to suit them, or complains that the game isn't fair on them.

As such, anyone that intends on gaining corruption and then asks for a reduction to the penalty of corruption is - by definition - a carebear.

Sorry to be the one to have to break it to you.
  • Options
    Dude I can back up my words every second of the day lol :D are you going to lose your cool again like you you did in that previous post? lmao
  • Options

It is not a player that prefers PvE combat, as seems to be what you think. Rather, it is a player that wants the game made easier to suit them, or complains that the game isn't fair on them.

As such, anyone that intends on gaining corruption and then asks for a reduction to the penalty of corruption is - by definition - a carebear.

Yeah I don't care how you want to define yourself, you are a carebear through and through.

It shows by the way you respond to anything regarding corruption as your main agenda is to go against anything that helps a player with corruption.
  • Options
    Dude I can back up my words every second of the day lol :D are you going to lose your cool again like you you did in that previous post? lmao

all I hear is talk with no backing, hell you main game is sea of thieves :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    edited May 2021

I mean you just generically stated the guild recruitment thread is a lie with 0 explanation and you are asking me to back up my words when you have supplied nothing for me to back up. No?

And the sea of thieves statement is one of our target markets for recruiting if you are familiar with marketing you would understand that. There are a variety of games that our guild plays, Sea of Thieves is not a "main-game" Mr. Carebear from Aurora. Keep barking and revealing how little you know about us in which you speak about.
  • Options

Yeah I don't care how you want to define yourself, you are a carebear through and through.

It shows by the way you respond to anything regarding corruption as your main agenda is to go against anything that helps a player with corruption.

I have every expectation that I will gain corruption often.

I am just willing to work through it as we understand it now. You aren't, it seems.

So, we both intend to gain corruption, I am perfectly happy with things the way we currently understand them but you want to make things easier for yourself (and thus easier for me).

How this makes me a carebear is beyond me, but ok.
  • Options

I am just willing to work through it as we understand it now. You aren't, it seems.

So, we both intend to gain corruption, I am perfectly happy with things the way we currently understand them but you want to make things easier for yourself (and thus easier for me).

Props to you if thats true, but sorry I dont want to die to purge off corruption and #2 I dont want to do and endless number of quests to purge it off either.
  • Options

Props to you if thats true, but sorry I dont want to die to purge off corruption and #2 I dont want to do and endless number of quests to purge it off either.

Do you know how silly you sound right now? They have not even tested corruption yet (or released actual numbers on it) so you don't even know how long it will take to burn it off.

This is the equivalent of a spoilt brat complaining that their birthday cake isn't big enough and does not taste good before even seeing it or being told the flavor of it.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Quests aren't an option.

Gaining experience via killing mobs is though.

If you are not willing to take on the penalty, don't gain corruption.
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member

Gonna be hard to own any node when the guards will be killing you on sight
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options

I mean you just generically stated the guild recruitment thread is a lie with 0 explanation and you are asking me to back up my words when you have supplied nothing for me to back up. No?

And the sea of thieves statement is one of our target markets for recruiting if you are familiar with marketing you would understand that. There are a variety of games that our guild plays, Sea of Thieves is not a "main-game" Mr. Carebear from Aurora. Keep barking and revealing how little you know about us in which you speak about.

1. you confirmed that you do not have 600 members so that a lie
    2. you say you are going to be Hardcore PvP guild but have no claim to back that (unlike the other large pvp guilds)
    3. so what is your main game?
    4. calling me a carebare? you do you

is that enough information for you or do you still want to talk shit?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member

1. you confirmed that you do not have 600 members so that a lie
    2. you say you are going to be Hardcore PvP guild but have no claim to back that (unlike the other large pvp guilds)
    3. so what is your main game?
    4. calling me a carebare? you do you

is that enough information for you or do you still want to talk shit?

I kinda made a similar point just now on a different thread where they are acting as they usually do. Love how in sync we are lol
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Okay I can't pretend you are this dumb, the guild recruitment post is a mission statement, you know its a mission statement and you are intentionally acting stupid to engage in this meaningless conversation to say the mission statement is a lie, which makes no sense at all. I'm not going to waste my time arguing over you not believing a mission statement.
  • Options
    What we can provide
    We will stop at nothing to secure top grade specialized ships for our crews.

- A personal 8-man crew within the empire
    - A very large guild filled with PvP'ers

"Our empire is the alliance (600-800 members)"

nowhere does it say "we are aiming for 600 members." but you do you and keep talking
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    BuffyBuffy Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What we can provide

nowhere does it say "we are aiming for 600 members." but you do you and keep talking

tenor.gif

Black Sails Member!

Former WoW Player | 30Y | Female | PvP/Dungeon/Raid
  • Options
    What we can provide

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Kivek RhuKhanKivek RhuKhan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    c2df24fa91b369d4eb30e7a2d42e03e1.gif
  • Options
    zfaFxHi.gif
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dygz wrote: »
    Haha! Of course, the Corrupted community is going to want more ways to reduce their Corruption.
    It's not going to come from cosmetics. It's not going to come from resting in buildings.
    That has nothing to do with carebears and everything to do with the dev design for how Corruption is removed. That design will never include something as simple as resting in a pool somewhere.

If you read my OP and some responses recently in this thread you would see I've already addressed those points you just made.
    There is nothing to address about those points.
    You state it's carebears shooting down the suggestion.
    It has nothing to do with carebears shooting down anything.
    The devs are not going to accept the suggestion.
  • Options
    BuffyBuffy Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    zfaFxHi.gif

fdf0c12604da2378f6fd326a1611e293.gif
    Black Sails Member!

Former WoW Player | 30Y | Female | PvP/Dungeon/Raid