Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What customization options would you need to make the Tulnar of your Dreams?

Comments

• Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yeah, I mean I would roll Tulnar to be a Dark Elf. I used to play Dark Elf in Warhammer Fantasy lol. I also love Blood Elves too :)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Illithids are indeed ripped off...from Lovecraft.

How about wings that work if you apply a mount skin to yourself? Of course your skill choices while “mounted” would be limited to mount skills.

What about a heart plug about dwarf-level? That would be perfect.
  • Skeletons. The only good tulnar is a dead tulnar.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Skeletons. The only good tulnar is a dead tulnar.

Agreed we need more skeletons
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Just a lich skin is all we need.
  • A skeleton skin would be such a nice paradoxical thing to have available :)
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • MerekMerek Member
    When butchered, will they drop fur, scales or both?
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Merek wrote: »
    When butchered, will they drop fur, scales or both?

They drop stuff
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Conrad wrote: »
    Blackford wrote: »
    I've played a Tauren for 16 years.
    So.... a Tauren (Minotaur for those who don't play WoW)

🤔
    Isn't a tauren a furry tho? 😛

NO a tauren is not a furry, it's a tauren!
    Somehow they never crossed that fine line and brought the wrath of the imperium down upon them.
  • there is only one correct answer

png-clipart-nekopara-french-maid-anime-catgirl-anime-purple-black-hair.png
    Kionashi wrote: »
    there is only one correct answer

png-clipart-nekopara-french-maid-anime-catgirl-anime-purple-black-hair.png

Big no no to anime cat girls... or any of that ff14 BS xP let's keep this game with a serious theme
  • SherianSherian Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    as for the reptilian side, i'd be quite happy with anything between FFXIV Au Ra and Skyrims Argonians.
  • ShrenShren Member
    iksar-1.jpg

this was suppose to be the Iksar for everquest next that didnt happend. Im really hoping for something like this for this game.
    Shren wrote: »
    iksar-1.jpg

this was suppose to be the Iksar for everquest next that didnt happend. Im really hoping for something like this for this game.

There is no image btw
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    n0zC9Wb.jpg
  • DizzDizz Member
    I would like to have tulnars look like these:

A3KlLtZ.jpg
    C4_Tengu_concept_art.jpg
    cNQd3zk.gifu8Sdk8u.jpg
    ja467Au.jpg

But please don't look like this:
    EEtRicv.jpg

And I hope that tulnar runs(springting) like Charr in GW2 or werewolf in D2 if the tulnar looks like runing that way.
    A casual follower from TW.

↓Good youtube channel to learn things about creating games.↓
    Masahiro Sakurai on Creating Games:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv1DvRY5PyHHt3KN9ghunuw
    Dizz wrote: »
    I would like to have tulnars look like these:

A3KlLtZ.jpg
    C4_Tengu_concept_art.jpg
    cNQd3zk.gifu8Sdk8u.jpg
    ja467Au.jpg

But please don't look like this:
    EEtRicv.jpg

And I hope that tulnar runs(springting) like Charr in GW2 or werewolf in D2 if the tulnar looks like runing that way.

All those options besides the mindlfayers seem like will be possible.
    Even the human faced Tulnar iirc. I think it will be based on how you pick the features. I remember there being a blacked out concept art of possible tulnar appearances
  • Lol the fursona thread.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • ZeshioZeshio Member
    I think the important thing is that Tulnar are unique from other game races. I personally love the reptilian/draconian/gnoll ideas, those would be a lot of fun!

The definition of the Tulnar says a variety of races, so it'd be cool to see a slider that suggests different creature faces like others have posted. It'd be really fun to see a large variety of sizes and shapes for people to pick from- it could be a major draw of playing the Tulnar.

Who's ready for the snout length slider?
    Zeshio wrote: »
    I think the important thing is that Tulnar are unique from other game races. I personally love the reptilian/draconian/gnoll ideas, those would be a lot of fun!

The definition of the Tulnar says a variety of races, so it'd be cool to see a slider that suggests different creature faces like others have posted. It'd be really fun to see a large variety of sizes and shapes for people to pick from- it could be a major draw of playing the Tulnar.

A snout slider is a given, considering the silhouettes of the tulnar so far. Looking forward to a2
  • Zeshio wrote: »

I agree!
    Bump!
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Why do beast races use weapons?
    You got jaws, claws, tails and horns.
    Silly you.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    And magic. Can't forget magic.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Varity is the name of the game, what my character would like might be based on the class I would be making maybe a type of lizardman for fighter, a speedy rabbit or fox as a rouge, a large lion as a tank. I would put lots of time into this race/group.
  • AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Removing legs and put loooong serpent tail in this place...

Kobold are bad
    lamia are good
    all i have to say !
    Aerlana wrote: »
    Removing legs and put loooong serpent tail in this place...

Kobold are bad
    lamia are good
    all i have to say !

Will probably cause a lot of issues with armour, animations etc. Serpent body like that are pretty risky to add into a game.
  • AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Conrad wrote: »
    Will probably cause a lot of issues with armour, animations etc. Serpent body like that are pretty risky to add into a game.

I know, there is a full new animations to do. about leg/foot stuff there are solution not so hard but again some work (or "no skin" like boots on tauren for example). etc

Centaur, lamia, and any non bipedal race contains lot of matter, i know i will probably never see it in MMORPG :p but always can hope.
  • I kinda surprised there so many ppl who wanted cool animalistic looking Tulnar appearance in the game, instead of just weird looking main race's or weeb hybrids. I really hope Steven will listen to that type of community feedback, and other ppl will be not afraid of that.
    And as I like saying, there is a difference between weird annoying guy in pink wolf suit and the literal walking dragon or any mythological friendly creation.
  • 44278_137826156258668_1373491_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=fcC0AugqDbAAX8lwgXt&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=5b5bdabbca9bcf2fc0415e0ae63fad4c&oe=60F22BB9