Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Live Stream, Alpha One Giveaway, and Q&A Submission! - Friday, July 30, 2021 at 11:30AM PDT

Comments

• Options
    If Brazil becomes an interesting player base, is there the possibility of events here?
  • Options
    Will VOIP ever be in Ashes of Creation? Of course, there should be settings to turn it off completely if people do not want it but I think it would make the game more enjoyable to be able to talk to other players.
  • Options
    When we will see more necromancer skins ?
  • Options
    When it comes to the fans who are more casual players will they be left in the dust to others with large amounts of time or will there be content where over time they will be able to progress and have a place in the economy? What content will be available to them that won't force you to have fierce competition, and allow those who want to casually enjoy the game to do so? Will their level (since there is a amount of time required to hit max level) being lower significantly handicap them or will the item sink/material sink from gear not being permanent provide such a demand across most levels that this won't happen?
  • Options
    Will projectiles be separate from their respective weapons, and if so, will quivers be craftable for those classes that use them?

Thank you for your amazing game.
  • Options
    PowurshotPowurshot Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2021
    How far into the future have you thought out the lore and story of Ashes of Creation? For example, are there things in the world at launch that will be hints of things that come to pass years from now? Or have you done the opposite to leave the next stage an open book to take where you wish later on?
  • Options
    LizukiLizuki Member
    edited July 2021
    Will you guys be making all trees choppable? My opinion on Open World games is that since it's a giant world, you should be able to mine/chop almost everything. This includes every tree, it's one of the reasons I was super excited to New World, it made you feel like you made a slight impact on the world.

Another question I have would be if you guys have any plans to make it so that bosses in dungeons/raid swap out every once in a while? (this one is only extra and is not my actual question) I think one of the things with games I've been missing is the variety of mobs/bosses. I think a cool little thing would be for example every month or something, a certain raid/dungeon's boss and minions would change, this would add to the aspect of an Alive world. I understand it might be hard or even impossible to add into the game, and I won't stop supporting the game if none of my suggestions get in.

Honestly, most of my suggestions are more of giving you guys ideas to build off of, or to give you guys an idea for a system that I think would be amazing, obviously I do not expect to have my ideas added, I just hope you guys get inspiration or ideas that are maybe based off of mine, or the many, many, amazing minds out there supporting this game.

- I know you guys have been working extremely hard over there at Intrepid Studios to make an absolutely stunning game, I wish you all the best success, and keep up the amazing work! -

Sincerely, your friendly lizard, Lizuki. <3
  • Options
    dokendoken Member
    How will sprinting be approached? Will there be stamina or can you just run forever like in Alpha?
  • Options
    unknownwonunknownwon Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Travel/Ships/Caravans:
    Is there any advantage to sailing a ship on a river rather than being on a mount/caravan on land? i.e. Does one form of travel/caravan have any advantages over the other?
  • Options
    can you give us some examples on racial augments?
  • Options
    SoggyBandaidSoggyBandaid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Since we had the Dev discussion on crafting about two months ago, can you go into any more detail about the specific vision for artisan systems in AoC going forward?

Some common themes I saw on the forum for instance: are you still thinking of the three branches of artisan specialization, how will you keep all artisan paths useful, will there be material swapping like SWtOR or ESO, or any other fun tidbits?
  • Options
    DALDAL Member
    How are your summons decided as a summoner? Do you have freedom in what they are? Do you gather resources to 'craft' them, do you tame them from the wild, or are they predetermined as part of the archetype skills.
  • Options
    MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
    edited July 2021
    Having Streamers Game Penalisación Hunters (for example offensive symbols in the flags of the guilds, offensive names, etc.), as employees of Intrepid, would be a way to promote the justice of the game, to promote continuous interaction with the community, promote More to AOC and help meet the standards / penalties of the game, do you consider it would be a good idea?
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    DizzDizz Member
    edited July 2021
    About hybrid combat and weapon attack:

For now action mode is not looking good, there are too much designs are against action mode, for example ranged weapon attack and skills that need target and melee weapon attack lacking mobility or character controllability, ranged weapon attack and skills can be fixed easily by adding auto-targeting to work with action mode reticle just like GW2 action camera, melee weapon attack can be fixed by reference BDO melee weapon combat or make sprint work with melee weapon attack to perform a dash attack for example spear dash attack perform pole vault towards opponent or direction player aiming or make sprint work with skills to change or enhance skill effect for example use blink during sprint can teleport further or by holding down the skill button to charge skill into further stage and more powerful or make some skill can be used in the middle of skill for example you can use blink during channeling prismatic beam or some skills are channel type so you can just cancel it by moving or use another skill and the canceled skill will have a certain CD as penalty like you can cancel prismatic beam by moving and allow player have chance to learn or really have choices during combats, add action element into combat like above examples instead of just make attacks or skills can't be cancel and should be lock in place or move towards that some kind of you have to take the consequence with choose you made maybe realistic but it's not fun and will hurt the game directly because some skill you will rarely use to an opponent have same or higher skill than you so those skill are just equally not exist and meaningless like prismatic beam. To me impactful or meaningful is how mobs react to player’s attack or you can say how painful mobs looked, sound effect, camera effects… etc, no really need to do with animation locking attacks, but the more important is what does "hybrid combat” “action combat” "impactful” ”meaningful" really means when you(Steven) talking about combat? From my perspective everyone in our community has their own definition to those words and they are fighting each other endlessly and you(Steven) seems feel you have the responsibility to respond to whatever community said they wanted, I feel we need a real talk about these things to stay on same picture in order to make Ashes good.

About cosmetic:

Will you consider to collaborate with other games to produce cosmetic skins after release like having dark soul weapons and armors in Ashes?

About platform:

The major hardware and software companies seem to be quite focused on developing ARM 64-bit architecture products and have been moving very fast and smooth, things looking like they may have very big chance to give good products for market before Ashes release, do you have any plan or thought to react to ARM 64-bit based devices and OS such like Windows 11 ARM and Apple silicon, plus consider that Apple’s M1 chip seems good enough to run Ashes well, can you explain for us who don’t understand those develop engineering things why Ashes not supporting mac OS or maybe will support in future? And will Ashes support Windows 11 ARM?

About Boss fight mechanic:

I watched some elder dragon fight videos, will you consider having something like to weak elder dragon by breaking parts or to stop the big incoming move such as break wings so it can’t fly so it can’t do relevant skills for a period of time or using cc and damage on certain part to stop incoming breath, or break fangs to reduce some damage for tank. I think this is cook and fun and can work well with high end group to having choices during challenging a very hard mode dungeon or boss.

About questing:

Will there be any indicator or guide in future to show what certain level recommended to do certain quest while player choosing dialogues?

Seems questing will depend on personal choices, will there being an option to follow whatever my teammate choose and I don’t need to make my own so we can easily playing together and have same progression?

About resurrection:

Does bard and summoner also has the ability to resurrect dead ally?
    A casual follower from TW.

↓Good youtube channel to learn things about creating games.↓
    Masahiro Sakurai on Creating Games:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv1DvRY5PyHHt3KN9ghunuw
  • Options
    Will players be able to target any buildings they want during monster coin events? If I'm an alchemist, for example, could I specifically target buildings used by my alchemist competition?
  • Options
    DreohDreoh Member
    How do you plan on handling the countless edge cases the variability of augments will bring while creating the abilities for the archetypes?
  • Options
    What recent improvements are the team most proud of?
    Trample the dead and hurdle the fallen. Run, and you will only die tired.
  • Options
    AlusiAlusi Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Any update on when you can enable the very simple option of inverting mouse look on the Y-Axis (Vertical) I have fed back about this if every playtest since APOC and still the simple feature is not available.
    This basically makes the game unplayable for me and therefore any help with testing is not possible.
    Thanks
    Alusi
  • Options
    KesarakkKesarakk Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    With 64 classes, what steps are you taking to keep them from looking similar to each other? Will it be simple visual variations or a new animation once an augment is selected?
  • Options
    NoelzyNoelzy Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When will we have the ability to use store purchased/kickstarter rewarded cosmetics in game?
  • Options
    If part of the game is to ‘level up’ a node so that civilisation may restore the area, what is to happen when every node in every sever is ‘maxed out’?
  • Options
    FrogFrog Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will we be able to choose the others as our gods and build temples for them in divine nodes?
  • Options
    UrnielUrniel Member
    While there aren't many details about the summoner class at the moment, is it possible that we will be able to choose specific appearances for them? For example, will picking a class like summoner/cleric (i.e. necromancer) lock me into only summoning zombies, or will I be able to summon other creatures such as spiders?
  • Options
    Can you talk more about your plans for the weapon skill tree?

• Options
    NyehNoiceNyehNoice Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will players have the option to customize nameplates, like letting us scale them to the distance from our character similar to WoW, or let us change translucency or colour?
  • Options
    With the complexity that will come with the Node System and it's ever changing nature, how will chain quests or story quests be affected by the size of the node you are a citizen of/that node changing sizes larger or smaller? Will you loose access to certain quests if your node is lowered beyond the stage you picked up the quest?
  • Options
    Will it be possible to dye clothing and armor in the final release? Or will gear be locked to one color? Thank you for all your hard work!
  • Options
    DaveNDaveN Member
    Hey there Intrepid!

Question:
    Will we be able to trigger skills with combinations of keystrokes (W/A/S/D/LMB/RMB/Q/E/R/F/C/Shift/Ctrl) and reuse the same keys as parts of different combinations?

Explanation:
    BDO used this system.
    You could either place them traditionally in the hotbar, or trigger them by using combinations of W/A/S/D/LMB/RMB/Q/E/R/F/C/Shift/Ctrl.
    This allowed for higher combat fluidity and integrated directional skills seamlessly.
    It also allowed for the same key to trigger different skills, as part of a different combinations - something that can't be achieved by simply assigning single keystrokes.

It set a new bar for action combat in my eyes, increasing the skillcap even further, without affecting more casual players, since the hotbar remained as a way to trigger skills. I would love to see a similar system in AOC. o:)
  • Options
    nightsonggrnightsonggr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can we worship the 3 evil Gods in a divine node?
  • Options
    From watching fishing in multiple streams from the Alpha-1 it appears to be node based like other harvesting. Is there any plans to move fishing to be more regional based and more freeform instead of needing to run around to find a fishing node?