Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Live Stream, Alpha One Giveaway, and Q&A Submission! - Friday, July 30, 2021 at 11:30AM PDT

Comments

• Options
    What is being done to ensure class representation in sieges? Similar style mmos you see mages or range being top priority cause melee tend to be cannon fodder.
  • Options
    GarmanicusGarmanicus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Greetings! I know the combat system is still being revamped, however I am curious if there will be a feature added to sheathe/unsheathe that will allow you to stow your weapon and flee from the fight when you are in over your head- currently you can do this by just mounting up and running away but trying to gather resources while the system still thinks you are in combat is a little inconvenient and annoying. Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    JuzyJuzy Member
    sorry if this was answered before, just want to hear your thoughts on this:
    will AoC require multiple characters to try out classes?
    or will I be able to try out every class with the same character? each class having their own progress.
  • Options
    A question about Freehold placement:

In your monthly updates, you've shown us some amazing landscapes. The last one featured a really cool-looking lagoon. Will there be places reserved for NPCs and exploration only, or will Freeholds be able to placed literally anywhere there is space, outside the Node's central radius?

• Options
    Can class spells effect change by equipping different weapon types or are they totally separated?
  • Options
    When will we be able to have a more in-depth view of the animal husbandry system?
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I've noticed that there is different music for each level of node (crossroads, encampment, village). Will there be different music for nodes based on race or specialization, as well?
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Currently in Ashes, farming is mainly intended for your freehold. Will this mean I can farm from my freehold risk free instead of risking open world gathering, provided my node does not fall?
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    ButtercupCloverButtercupClover Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When are we getting a preview at something new like another class or some of the things that can be done with the religion system? I'd love to see a sneak peek at bard, just saying. :)
  • Options
    angelicshiyaangelicshiya Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2021
    1. Stats: Been playing New World and we can allocate our stat points, i.e. strength, intellect, wisdom etc. In Ashes are they static as we level or do we get stats points to disperse how we want (adds more depth to our character customization and how we want to play around a specific spec) I feel if stats just level up by 1 or 2 stat points across the board then the only thing making our character unique from others is armor and class.

2. Monthly Shop: as a healer main, when is a holy/priest set of armor/mounts/pet items going to happen? A long gold and white garment that sways in the wind and maybe even drags on the ground. (NO LEGGINGS)
  • Options
    Добрый день! Когда произойдет передача комплектов, приобретенных у Mail.ru? Личный кабинет и эмберы на официальном сайте почему-то отображаются, но в инвентаре ничего из купленных наборов нет! Где все купленное и когда это будет передано!? / Good afternoon! When will the transfer of the kits purchased from Mail.ru? For some reason, the personal account and ambers are displayed on the official website, but there is nothing from the purchased sets in the inventory! Where is everything purchased and when will it be transferred!? Transferring sets from Mail.ru??? Ashes of Creation – Официальный сайт > Intrepid Studios Inc. https://aoc.mail.ru/#home > https://accounts.ashesofcreation.com/profile
  • Options
    Will we be able to create a Leonin within the Tulnar race?
    Leonin-5-E.jpg
  • Options
    VuittonVuitton Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hey Steven, I was curious if the racial skins (angel/demon, fire/ice) will have the base stats of the character toggle it onto or unique base stats? Also will they have unique armor variations, and what not also?
  • Options
    What are your plans for the future release steps for Alpha 2, Beta 1 / 2, Release. Will you be changing your schedule because of other game releases, or will it be maybe a little bit spontaneously, or are you saying, its finished when it‘s finished?
  • Options
    MelofeignMelofeign Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Are there plans to have serious consequences, or failing forward, to making bad decisions on quests? For example, in the starter area cleric's are supposed to link books with names. You can randomly guess and if you are wrong, no consequence, just guess again. We could plain fail it, or have an enemy appear each time we make a mistake to incentivize reading the quest info, and the book right next to the quest giver =)
  • Options
    l3v3rag3l3v3rag3 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I remember a couple of years ago you mentioned creating a tool to help generate augments, how does that work? Also roughly how many augments will each school of augments from a secondary archetype give? I assume it would change based on the school.
  • Options
    nightragnernightragner Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would like to know if Intrepid is flexible / willing to change things if once we test a feature / function and it is found to not work? e.g Class combo system, Hybrid combat, etc? i know i sound like a break record but i can see an issue coming up in the future about Roles being tied to classes and that it "Pigeon holes" players into needing ALTs especially with support roles (TANK, CLERIC, BARD and possibly SUMMONER) which will shift class ratios in game!?

- Personally i would have loved to see players pick their Theme / Flavor class first THEN add secondary classes that have roles within some of them! E.g - My friend loves playing Mage and was hoping this combo system would allow for him to be born a mage but train to protect in the role of "Spellstone" Tank (Still hope names are W.I.P also)

This team and game is amazing for the most part; which is saying something when my topic is the owrst thing i could see being an issue and i had very low bugs and glitches...
  • Options
    DazarocDazaroc Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will class archetipes have their own unique skills besides augmentations for primary class? If not, how will they differentiate from other class archetipe with same primary class and similar secondary class (cleric/bard for support type, warrior/rogue for dps, etc)?
  • Options
    In case we make multiples character there will be content that we can skip if we already made it with one character? to not repeat to much the experience and not become tedius.
  • Options
    WegicaWegica Member
    Howdy,

there were usually 2 groups of MMORPG's:
    1, where you had to dual/multi-box buffers in order to be competitive (e.g. Lineage 2)
    2, focus on single client (e.g. WoW)

AoC will belong to which group?

Thanks and gl,
    Wegi the small sausage
  • Options
    Any ETA or guesstimate when the beta testing will start?
  • Options
    KusaijshiKusaijshi Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Since i played Alpha now.

Are you planning to make the melee fighting system more fun Like the Mage gameplay?
    (melee feels super static while mages can move while casting and autoattacking)
  • Options
    SneakzSneakz Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hi fam!

Great work so far, loving it!

Question, will you be or will you consider adding in prone/crouch features that reduce nameplate visibility of players?

Thank you
  • Options
    thejo44thejo44 Member
    edited July 2021
    Hello, I just wanted to say, it's very nice that you will not have level scaling ! I think steals the feeling of progress. Question: will there be a large skill tree and will there be still progress after reaching the endgame ? I think there should be always possible progress even after max level.
  • Options
    Will there be an option to create macros, such as mouseover? Or maybe an option from the interface?
    As a healer in WoW, it's such a blessing to be able to target for example a boss and at the same time deal out heals for your party and/or raid.

I'm really impressed with the progress you've made so far, and wish you the best of luck for the rest of the journey.
    Hi from Sweden!
  • Options
    TiuanTiuan Member
    edited July 2021
    Today, it is very easy for players to find in-depth guides on all kinds of aspects of a game online. This takes something important away from the game, but at the same time, it is hard for many players to resist the urge of watching/reading the guides. I know that your game design partly aims to address this issue, for instance through the node system, which means the world will looks different across servers. I was wondering if you have plans to address this issue in other areas of the game, too? The main one being dungeons/raids, but I would be curious to hear about your thoughts on this more generally.

• Options
    Kornnut14Kornnut14 Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Part of the kickstarter was that there would be a subterrain kingdom and nodes with a unique race for players to be, whats the progress of this and are we likely to see anything in the coming months or tease in future testing schedules?
  • Options
    GrimStriderGrimStrider Member
    edited July 2021
    This is the most important question of all time does Steven have a pet cat and is it adorable?
    Also the Ashes of Creation Dragons look magnificent
  • Options
    UrulokiUruloki Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Do Oceans/Seas have Tides?
    If Yes, will we have a way to determine or calculate the tides?
    Will navigation to certain spots be limited by tides.
    (These questions were spawned by the fishing spots that are in deeper water along the Alpha1 shore and can't be fished)
  • Options
    onyxumonyxum Member
    will there be 2v2. 3v3 competitive pvp? i.e. death match arenas with rated ladder?