AOC content already no longer obtainable

13»

Comments

• CypherCypher Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Your follow-up is truly unnecessary but thanks.
    Noaani wrote: »
    And no, I do not have a quote, because do your own research.

Well when you're trying to answer someones question and/or prove them wrong about something you should bring a quote. If you can't why are you bothering. It would have taken less time than what you spent to write this reply if it's truly so easy for you. And thanks, I have looked things up on the wiki before, but lately it's been harder and harder to find proper up-to-date info specifically related to nuanced topics. But you're bundle of fun.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Cypher wrote: »

Well when you're trying to answer someones question and/or prove them wrong about something you should bring a quote

I'm not trying to prove you wrong. I dont care about you enough to bother.

I was, however, trying to alleviate a perceived issue you had, that you only had due to a misunderstanding and lack of knowledge.

I mean, it's not like you had a quote to back your misconception up, so why should you require one to dispel it?
  • @Cypher
    here, hope this helps a bit to your question and/or concerns.
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/271565#Comment_271565

Well when you're trying to answer someones question and/or prove them wrong about something you should bring a quote

I'm not trying to prove you wrong. I dont care about you enough to bother.

I was, however, trying to alleviate a perceived issue you had, that you only had due to a misunderstanding and lack of knowledge.

I mean, it's not like you had a quote to back your misconception up, so why should you require one to dispel it?

I mean, it's not typical to bring quotes to the party except when there's a disagreement that needs to be dispelled so again you're just grasping at straws to sound smart. I also already said it can be tough to know what the most recent information is as of late. I ALSO didn't ask you for the quote originally, simply said I'm not taking your word for it unless you had one, and that I require quotes (in general, not from you) to confirm things. Whether you cared enough to then provide one is irrelevant to me. You also must care enough to continue replying with your condescending attitude.
    @Cypher

I appreciate it! Definitely not one I ever remember hearing and I try to catch every live stream, so it’s good to finally lay that worry to rest.
  • Cypher wrote: »
    @Cypher

I appreciate it! Definitely not one I ever remember hearing and I try to catch every live stream, so it’s good to finally lay that worry to rest.

you're welcome :)
    you're just grasping at straws to sound smart.
    Not at all.

As I said, I dont care if you dont believe me. If you look far enough back through these forums, you will see that is something of a pattern with me.

For the record though, we didn't have a disagreement - you just mistakenly assumed something for absolutely no reason at all, and I provided you with a reason to not believe that thing you had no reason to believe in the first place.

The fact that you wanted a quote isnt a disagreement it is simply you wanting me to do the work for you.

Now, if you had a reason to believe the thing you believed, then absolutely, asking for a quote is valid (my answer to that would still be to do your own damn research, however). Also, if what I was referring to was only to be found in some obscure corner of the internet it would be valid for you to ask for a quote (in which case I would provide it - I dont expect you to memorize the whole internet).

However, the information you were missing was on the damn wiki. Asking people to provide you with quotes for something that is on the wiki is just showing your own laziness, and expectation for others to do your work for you.

Clearly, I wont be doing that. Others may, and good for them.

However, any time someone believes a thing for no reason, is then told that the thing they believe isn't true and then that person asks for quotes when that information is freely available on the wiki, you had betterrbelieve I will tell that person to do their own research, just as I have for you.
    edited August 2021
    Lol I literally "did my own research" and looked up something I KNEW to be accurate information but needed to look up the specifics on it (EDIT: *regarding a totally different topic*.) Since you love repeating yourself let me also: In this instance, I had no reason to start digging for things when I was operating off information that I believed to be current, especially since I haven't heard any new information on the topic from any live streams in recent memory, as I've already said but you just keep on missing the boat.

Glad to see you're sticking to your pattern of starting s**t with people and then proceeding to make longer and longer posts just repeating yourself over and over, explaining why it is that you feel justified in being an a**hole for no apparent reason. Good day to you Noaani. I hope you find peace in whatever response you craft next because I'm done wasting time on you.
  • I don't really consider cosmetics as content, especially not stuff that is exclusive to donations meant to help the funding and development of the game.

We've been told similar (and better) things will be available in game, and also that the concepts being designed and sold in packs now are ones that will be used to fill out the world (NPCs, etc).

This isn't content being removed. Content being removed is like when Everquest added fast travel in PoP, effectively removing the content of the big world mattering and exploration, being able to buy everything in one place. Content removal is when WoW added dungeon queue so you no longer have to interact with other players, form parties, travel, explore or anything, and can just be teleported to and from, from dungeon to city. Content removal is deleting entire systems, dungeons, or invalidating them.

So we can't get the cool cosmetics/titles we want because it's too late. That sucks, but it's just fluff and we were promised even cooler titles and cosmetics await us in-game! So don't worry. I know some of those things look cool, and I wish I could go back in time and get them too! .. But it'll be alright. We'll have other cooler stuff to all work towards together when the real game gets here.
  • Cypher wrote: »
    Lol I literally "did my own research" and looked up something I KNEW to be accurate information but needed to look up the specifics on it. Since you love repeating yourself let me also: In this instance, I had no reason to start digging for things when I was operating off information that I believed to be current, especially since I haven't heard any new information on the topic from any live streams in recent memory, as I've already said but you just keep on missing the boat.

Glad to see you're sticking to your pattern of starting s**t with people and then proceeding to make longer and longer posts just repeating yourself over and over, explaining why it is that you feel justified in being an a**hole for no apparent reason. Good day to you Noaani. I hope you find peace in whatever response you craft next because I'm done wasting time on you.

Nowadays I discuss as much as I can when it involves him and then once it gets to the point where he just keeps repeating himself or becomes unhelpful I just move on. Sometimes he makes good points but his attitude makes trying to discuss things with him a big waste of time and energy. Most of us are happy to give reference to our discussions! :)
    GJjUGHx.gif
    @Dolyem I appreciate that :) And by the way, that is an excellent profile pic haha
  • @Cypher No problem! And thank you!
    GJjUGHx.gif
    Lol I literally "did my own research" and looked up something I KNEW to be accurate information but needed to look up the specifics on it.
    You didn't even read the introduction to the cosmetics page on the wiki, as that contains the correct account of the information you "KNEW" to be true, along with the sources their information is pulled from.

But sure, you "did your own research".
    Dolyem wrote: »
    Most of us are happy to give reference to our discussions!
    Indeed, most are. Under the right circumstances (the information being actually hard to find for what ever reason), I am as well.

In fact, basically the only time I won't is when the information in question is on the relevant wiki page - as at that stage it is clear the person don't actually want accurate information, as if they did, they would have it.
    My “Did my own research” statement was not about this topic. It was regarding a different topic in a different thread but I guess that wasn’t clear enough for you. Glad we could clean that up!
    My “Did my own research” statement was not about this topic. It was regarding a different topic in a different thread but I guess that wasn’t clear enough for you. Glad we could clean that up!

So, you didnt do your own research on this topic, yet still refused to believe accurate information dispelling a notion you not only had no reason to believe, but now also state you didnt even do research on.

What I dont get is - if this is something you care enough about to argue the point, why did you not just do the most basic form of research as soon as someone pointed out that your assumption was incorrect. I can understand having a misconception about the game, and being part based on that. I dont understand having someone point out that your misconception is unfounded and then not immediately looking in to the topic more.

Even a preliminary glance at the cosmetics wiki page would have given you the information you were missing - which, again, is why I didnt bother giving you any quotes.

If you are going to argue a point without having performed that basic task, why should I perform that task for you?